PDA

View Full Version : A new addition...

!!Wolf!!
06-18-2007, 02:34 AM
Just came back home from Germany to find out the wifey bought a Wii. We've been looking for one since she likes playing games with me. So for those that got one, any advice on what great games are out there along with any accessories for the Wii? As far as games go I wanna get:

-Mario Party 8
-DBZ BT 2
-Legend Of Zelda

theghost
06-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Just came back home from Germany to find out the wifey bought a Wii. We've been looking for one since she likes playing games with me. So for those that got one, any advice on what great games are out there along with any accessories for the Wii? As far as games go I wanna get:

-Mario Party 8
-DBZ BT 2
-Legend Of Zelda

My kids have those and they love them, plus the Wii sports that comes with it will serve you well. Paper Mario is also another good game.

Stitches
06-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Yea, I was going to say Paper Mario 2.

UltraDol-Fan
06-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Mario Party sucks...it doesn't play in wide screen and the controls seem like they were just stuck in there after the fact. I would say definitely rent it first to see if you like it

Medieval954
06-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Congrats on scoring a hard to find Wii :)

Aside from Wii Sports (killer app), which comes with the console, some games I recommend...

Single Player
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (must have)
Super Paper Mario
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Excite Truck

Multi-Player
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Wii Play (not great, but comes with Wii-mote, so basically a $10 game)

Also some games I thought were ok, but are "love it or hate it" games depending on who you ask...

Mario Party 8
Red Steel
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
SSX Blur
Elebits

If you're gonna buy some game off the Virtual Console (trust me, you will), then get one of the Classic Controllers...
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/06/68aare1-1.jpg

!!Wolf!!
06-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks to all who replied. Well I let the wifey pick one and she ended up going with "Sonic and the Secret rings"...the wifey loves Sonic so that also means whatever Sonic games the VC has, she'll want. A buddy of mine as Zelda so I'll borrow it. I got DBZ BT2.

Ultra,

I did hear mixed reviews on Mario Party...no wide screen play?? I hope the Wii isn't like that in general. I would rent but Im overseas so I guess I need to look into those mail rent companies.

Medieval,

Isn't the GC contoller better since I can play more with it? At least thats what I read. And is there a difference with The Godfather: Blackhand edition than the reg. one? I played it for Xbox...just curious.

Medieval954
06-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Medieval,

Isn't the GC contoller better since I can play more with it? At least thats what I read. And is there a difference with The Godfather: Blackhand edition than the reg. one? I played it for Xbox...just curious.

Yeah, you can use the Gamecube controller if you want, but since most of the Virtual Console games use the traditional d-pad, the Classic Controller would be a easier to use since the d-pad on the Gamecube controller isn't that great and is awkwardly placed.

As for The Godfather: Blackhand edition, it's the same game as the PS2 and Xbox version, but with Wiimote controls. Trust me when I tell you, it's a big improvement over the traditional controller. I see you've played it, but I think it would be worth a rental to replay it with the new control scheme.