PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones may be involved in ANOTHER shooting incident

Finch83
06-18-2007, 09:28 AM
'Pacman' Jones may be involved in shooting incident

Staff and wire reports
Published on: 06/18/07
Troubled NFL star Adam "Pacman" Jones may be involved in a shooting early Monday at a DeKalb County strip club, WSB-TV reported.
Dekalb police said two groups of men got into an argument around 2:30 a.m. at Club Blaze, a Moreland Avenue strip club, WSB said.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/06/image_5511321-1.jpg
APAdam 'Pacman' Jones

Three men say they left the club in an SUV and were approached by Jones and his entourage in another SUV. When Jones' vehicle pulled alongside the other vehicle near I-285, someone opened fire.
No one was hit by bullets, but one person was scratched by flying plastic, WSB reported.
Investigators want to question Jones, a College Park native, about the incident. No charges have been filed.
Last week, Jones, a star defensive back with the Tennessee Titans, accepted a one-year suspension from the NFL after a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
"I understand my responsibilities to my teammates, the Titans and my fans and I am committed to turning my life around and being a positive member of the NFL," Jones said in a statement at the time.
Jones was suspended after 10 encounters with police and five arrests since he was drafted in 2005.
Still pending is a case in Las Vegas involving a fight and shooting at a strip club during the NBA All-Star weekend that left one person paralyzed.

Someone needs to put a bullet between his head.:ninja:

Vertical Limit
06-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Jones was suspended after 10 encounters with police and five arrests since he was drafted in 2005.
Is that like an NFL record or something?

Alex44
06-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Trade him to the Bengals :)

I mean they spend draft picks on guys like this, first day picks too. Imagine what they would give for someone with a proven history! They don't even have to worry about him being a bust and going straight.

Smoke
06-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Is that like an NFL record or something?

It may be, at least in that amount of time. Chris Henry isn't far behind.

TheJetsBlow
06-18-2007, 11:07 AM
This guy is a flat-out thug. Forget playing football- he should be in ****ing jail.

playmaker1
06-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Sounds about right. It had been a few weeks sense I heard his name with shooting in the same sentence

Smoke
06-18-2007, 02:21 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 11:10 a.m. EDT, June 18, 2007

POLICE: PACMAN WASN'T THERE WHEN SHOOTING OCCURRED by Michael David Smith

As we mentioned earlier, Titans cornerback Pacman Jones has his name in the headlines again, this time in connection with a shooting in DeKalb County, Georgia. But local police say they want Jones for information about the shooters, not because they think he was involved.

According to the Associated Press, Officer Ariel Toledo of the DeKalb Police Department said Jones, his entourage and three other people got into a fight, apparently over a woman, at a club at around 4 a.m., but that Jones wasn't there when a shooting took place afterwards.

"We believe he knows some of his entourage who were involved in the shooting," Toledo said. "On himself, we do not have any charges on him. He wasn't there when the shooting occurred."

One person who was not involved in the dispute was injured. Jones's attorney said he is still trying to find out what happened, but that his understanding is police only want to talk to Jones as a witness.

Even if Jones broke no laws in the incident, this could still be bad news for him. Jones is currently suspended for the entire 2007 season, but has said he is going to work to convince commissioner Roger Goodell to reinstate him after 10 games. Goodell has indicated he is open to that, but only if Jones turns his life around. Given that Goodell was reportedly angry when he learned that Jones visited a strip club before the two of them met in April, he probably won't be too happy with this latest news.

Psycho_Sid
06-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Wtf is wrong with this guy?

BIHPhinFan4Life
06-18-2007, 02:32 PM
wow...... someone needs further discipline

Psycho_Sid
06-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Why do players need entourages?

SpurzN703
06-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Let's get into a fight where somebody could die for a chick. I mean this chick is the only woman on the Earth right? There are absolutely no others options out there.

And with a gun we can settle things really quickly. It makes sense

:rolleyes2

tucker
06-18-2007, 03:47 PM
so he wasnt even there and people are still calling him a thug and such

maverick50
06-18-2007, 04:03 PM
maybe we should sick our mods around here on him (kidding) i think we should stat a new football team and call it the knuckleheads squad.
wasnt their another player arrested this last week ?

Vertical Limit
06-18-2007, 04:08 PM
You're kidding me right?

SpurzN703
06-18-2007, 04:20 PM

Is his entourage thuggish?

tucker
06-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Is his entourage thuggish?
maybe..i dunno..but i dont consider him such..i just think he's an idiot

Finch83
06-18-2007, 06:47 PM

Yeah, but what about those OTHER 10 incidents.:lol::lol::lol:
I thinks its safe to say he is still a thug.

tucker
06-18-2007, 06:48 PM
oh those 10 that he hasnt even been convicted on?

Nappy Roots
06-18-2007, 06:58 PM
lmao @ this pathetic thread. not only was he not there, but his vehicles werent there. how do yall know he was sittin at home reading time magazine after he told them they couldnt chill anymore.

smh

Ronnie Bass
06-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Nappy and tucker, com'on man, why does he have to be at a strip club at 4am in the morning with a bunch of gun carrying thugs he calls his friends?

Even if he left before the shooting you still have to wonder what in the hell is he thinking.

unifiedtheory
06-18-2007, 08:03 PM
As of March 2007, Jones has been arrested five times and questioned by police ten times since he was drafted by the Titans in 2005. Jones has more arrests than interceptions since being in the NFL.

He was sentenced to one year in prison for a bar fight in Morgantown, West Virginia while in college. The sentence was later suspended in exchange for two years of probation.

In July 2005 he was arrested for felony vandalism and assault.

March 2006 he was charged with possession of marijuana.

In October 2005 a petition was filed by the State of West Virgina because he had not made regular and sufficient contact with his probation officer and did not report his July arrest in Nashville in a timely fashion. The court ordered the probation extended for a period of 90 days, although the state requested it to be extended one year.

In August of 2006 he was arrested for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after claiming that a woman stole his wallet. She claimed that she did not steal anything and Jones spat on her. Police officers said they ordered Jones to leave several times, but he refused, continuing to shout profanities at the woman. A judge granted him six months probation on the conditions that he stays out of further trouble and away from the nightclub.

In October 2006 Jones was cited for misdemeanor assault for allegedly spitting in the face of a female student from Tennessee State University.

In November of 2006 Jones was arrested for sucker-punching Latino fans after the Tennessee Titans game in Oakland.

And of course there is the Vegas thing which is still being investigated.

In my opinion it is this simple. Pac Man is an employee of the National Football League. He continues to embarass his employer with his immature, moronic, self centered, thuggish behavior. It is plain to me that he feels entitled and untouchable. If I got arrested 5 times in two years I know I'd get more then a "one year suspension" from my job. To top it all off he has lied to the NFL, not reporting 2 of his previous arrests to the league office like he is required to do.

Unless of course this is a case of "bad things happen to good people"...I highly doubt that though.

unifiedtheory
06-18-2007, 08:05 PM
lmao @ this pathetic thread. not only was he not there, but his vehicles werent there. how do yall know he was sittin at home reading time magazine after he told them they couldnt chill anymore.

smh
He's acted like a TOTAL moron for so long that he loses the "presumed innocent" defense until he actually does something constructive for society and manages to stay out of police crosshairs for more then a month....IMO.

HysterikiLL
06-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Nappy and tucker, com'on man, why does he have to be at a strip club at 4am in the morning with a bunch of gun carrying thugs he calls his friends?

Even if he left before the shooting you still have to wonder what in the hell is he thinking.

Because strip clubs aren't open during the day. Duh.

Ronnie Bass
06-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Hearing reports that the police might have jumped the gun - no pun intended - here and that Pacman might not have been at the club at all.

HysterikiLL
06-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah, this was on the radio this morning. They said he wasn't even involved. I dunno how his name got caught up in it.

Ronnie Bass
06-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Yeah, this was on the radio this morning. They said he wasn't even involved. I dunno how his name got caught up in it.
I think probably what happen was someone in the club claimed he was there - misidentification or what have you - and the police instead of doing there job and checking it out before going to the press ran with it.

tucker
06-18-2007, 10:12 PM
gee, nothing like jumping the gun

IdahoPhin
06-18-2007, 10:37 PM
As of March 2007, Jones has been arrested five times and questioned by police ten times since he was drafted by the Titans in 2005. Jones has more arrests than interceptions since being in the NFL.

He was sentenced to one year in prison for a bar fight in Morgantown, West Virginia while in college. The sentence was later suspended in exchange for two years of probation.

In July 2005 he was arrested for felony vandalism and assault.

March 2006 he was charged with possession of marijuana.

In October 2005 a petition was filed by the State of West Virgina because he had not made regular and sufficient contact with his probation officer and did not report his July arrest in Nashville in a timely fashion. The court ordered the probation extended for a period of 90 days, although the state requested it to be extended one year.

In August of 2006 he was arrested for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after claiming that a woman stole his wallet. She claimed that she did not steal anything and Jones spat on her. Police officers said they ordered Jones to leave several times, but he refused, continuing to shout profanities at the woman. A judge granted him six months probation on the conditions that he stays out of further trouble and away from the nightclub.

In October 2006 Jones was cited for misdemeanor assault for allegedly spitting in the face of a female student from Tennessee State University.

In November of 2006 Jones was arrested for sucker-punching Latino fans after the Tennessee Titans game in Oakland.

And of course there is the Vegas thing which is still being investigated.

In my opinion it is this simple. Pac Man is an employee of the National Football League. He continues to embarass his employer with his immature, moronic, self centered, thuggish behavior. It is plain to me that he feels entitled and untouchable. If I got arrested 5 times in two years I know I'd get more then a "one year suspension" from my job. To top it all off he has lied to the NFL, not reporting 2 of his previous arrests to the league office like he is required to do.

Unless of course this is a case of "bad things happen to good people"...I highly doubt that though.

Looks like probation isn't enough. Anyone else breaks probation they due time. All they do is extend his probation, which means nothing to him. If his thugs have records he shouldn't be able to hang with them while on probation.

undefeated72
06-19-2007, 07:52 AM

Or another way to put it, Pacman is a man without convictions.

Admittedly, I don't know much about Pacmans misadventures. What I do know is not only have I never been arrested, but none of my "entourage" (aka friends) have been either. Nor do we carry firearms as a fashion accessory.

I can understand to some extent a young man havng a difficult past and making poor decisions. But one would think after all of the hot water he has been in and his current suspension, he would make some meaningful changes in his playmates and playgrounds. If Pacman keeps doing what he has been doing he's going to keep getting what he's been getting.

Personnally, I'd like to see him turn it around and become a positive role model for others. It would be a welcome change from most of the negative stories we hear about celebreties and athletes.

Nappy Roots
06-19-2007, 10:17 AM

who is to say he was?

Nappy Roots
06-19-2007, 10:20 AM
He's acted like a TOTAL moron for so long that he loses the "presumed innocent" defense until he actually does something constructive for society and manages to stay out of police crosshairs for more then a month....IMO.

umm...even if he has lost his presumed innocent. when the reports say he wasnt even THERE nor was anything thing he owned, what.exactly.is.the problem again?

Ronnie Bass
06-19-2007, 11:08 AM
who is to say he was?
Apparently witnesses.

Ronnie Bass
06-19-2007, 11:20 AM
umm...even if he has lost his presumed innocent. when the reports say he wasnt even THERE nor was anything thing he owned, what.exactly.is.the problem again?
The problem is if he was at the club at 4am, not if he was involved in the shooting. He promised the commissioner he would clean his act up including avoiding strip clubs, if he was there he is showing that he has no intent to change his ways.

tucker
06-19-2007, 02:53 PM
are you sure he said he would stop going to strip clubs...all i know is he better get rid of his friends or they will be getting him kicked out of the nfl soon

rainmaker1313
06-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Lets see be good clean up my act and make millions a year or hang out with my thug friends and be a thug and a wise guy and go to jail.
Hmmmmmm, ok thug friends Ill be right over!!!!

rainmaker1313
06-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Are you Pac-mans kid????

Skeet84
06-19-2007, 05:28 PM
I can't believe this guy still goes to strip clubs

tucker
06-19-2007, 05:56 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Ronnie Bass
06-19-2007, 08:34 PM
are you sure he said he would stop going to strip clubs...all i know is he better get rid of his friends or they will be getting him kicked out of the nfl soon
Yes.

THeavyweight
06-19-2007, 08:46 PM
what a waste of such good talent

NCDolphinfan
06-20-2007, 02:12 PM
He needs to be suspended for good!

TotoreMexico
06-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Pacman Jones charged in Las Vegas shooting

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070620/SPORTS01/70620029/-1/RSS05

Stitches
06-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Congrats, he is obviously trying to hit for the cycle.

late again
06-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Pacman Jones charged in Las Vegas shooting

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070620/SPORTS01/70620029/-1/RSS05

Well you beat me to that one. :evil: I just saw that a few minutes ago and would have posted the link myself, if you hadn't. Obviously, all anyone can do at this point is speculate. But, considering the length of time they took before filing charges, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Pac Man's future is looking pretty dim.
This ought to end the debate about whether or not anyone would want him on our team. I'm thinking he's on that same road Cecil Collins, Rae Carruth and a few others ended up on. Namely the road that leads to an all expense paid vacation in the joint.

Stitches
06-20-2007, 03:01 PM
He's even worse than Lawrence Phillips I think, lol.

Martel
06-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Man this dude has skills too. Too bad he cant shake doin all that dumb ****

DolfanDaveInATX
06-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I hear he's been chosen for the cover of "Grand Theft Auto: Dirty South."

Scrap
06-21-2007, 06:32 AM
I can't believe this guy still goes to strip clubs
Nothing wrong with that.

NJFINSFAN1
06-21-2007, 07:54 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/06/spun913-1.jpg

late again
06-21-2007, 09:33 PM
'Pacman' Jones may be involved in shooting incident

Staff and wire reports
Published on: 06/18/07
Troubled NFL star Adam "Pacman" Jones may be involved in a shooting early Monday at a DeKalb County strip club, WSB-TV reported.
Dekalb police said two groups of men got into an argument around 2:30 a.m. at Club Blaze, a Moreland Avenue strip club, WSB said.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/06/image_5511321-1.jpg
APAdam 'Pacman' Jones

Three men say they left the club in an SUV and were approached by Jones and his entourage in another SUV. When Jones' vehicle pulled alongside the other vehicle near I-285, someone opened fire.
No one was hit by bullets, but one person was scratched by flying plastic, WSB reported.
Investigators want to question Jones, a College Park native, about the incident. No charges have been filed.
Last week, Jones, a star defensive back with the Tennessee Titans, accepted a one-year suspension from the NFL after a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
"I understand my responsibilities to my teammates, the Titans and my fans and I am committed to turning my life around and being a positive member of the NFL," Jones said in a statement at the time.
Still pending is a case in Las Vegas involving a fight and shooting at a strip club during the NBA All-Star weekend that left one person paralyzed.

Someone needs to put a bullet between his head.:ninja:

And in other breaking news.......it's expected to rain this evening in south Florida. :rolleyes:

Alex44
06-21-2007, 09:37 PM
:lol:

This morning on Mike and Mike they were talking about how even if he never plays another down in the NFL he should have enough money to last him forever anyway.

Greeny: Now of course I don't know what he does with his money....
Golic: (out of nowhere cutting him off) He makes it rain.