PDA

View Full Version : Face of the NFL in 07?

The Confessor
06-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Mike and Mike posed a good question this Morning.

Who should the face be that represents the NFL.

Mike Vick. Has been considered in the past- dont think that is a smart PR move right now

Brett Favre. Although a great spokesman and role model, he shouldve already retired. Cmon Brett, hang em up and stop trying to chase all Dan's records

Tom Brady. I personally can't stand the guy, but he isnt outrageous, hasnt broken the law and has rings. He also has illegitimate kids.

Ben Rothlisberger- NO, too many stupid mistakes before last season.

Matt Hasselbeck/Shaun Alexander. No personallity to speak of. Who outside of the beautiful state of washington watches these guys?

Reggie Bush. Not yet

Ladanion Tomlinson. He gets my vote. Classy (Love the way he hands the ball to the ref after a TD). Well spoken, hard worker, and of course-incredible talent.

D-Mcnabb. Lost his time in the spotlight.

I know there are several other candidates, these are the ones that come to mind this AM. If you pick other, please expand on it..

Alex44
06-20-2007, 11:49 AM
I'd probably go with LT.

Though I disagree Mcnabb has lost his time in the spotlight. IMO he rivals Manning as the first (or second depending where you place Brady) as the top QB in the league when healthy. I know people will disagree with that, and that's fine. Not that I think he is better, but I can make a strong case for it.

I also think JT would be a good 'face' because of his outspoken Anti-Steroid stance.

SpurzN703
06-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Peyton Manning

The Confessor
06-20-2007, 11:51 AM
I'd probably go with LT.

Though I disagree Mcnabb has lost his time in the spotlight. IMO he rivals Manning as the first (or second depending where you place Brady) as the top QB in the league when healthy. I know people will disagree with that, and that's fine. Not that I think he is better, but I can make a strong case for it.

I also think JT would be a good 'face' because of his outspoken Anti-Steroid stance.

Dangit. I completly forgot Manning (Peyton of course).

MODS: Can somebody please fix my poll? Is that something I can do myself?

Thanks Alex...ruined my poll with the first post..:lol:

SpurzN703
06-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Mike and Mike posed a good question this Morning.

Who should the face be that represents the NFL.

Mike Vick. Has been considered in the past- dont think that is a smart PR move right now

Brett Favre. Although a great spokesman and role model, he shouldve already retired. Cmon Brett, hang em up and stop trying to chase all Dan's records

Tom Brady. I personally can't stand the guy, but he isnt outrageous, hasnt broken the law and has rings. He also has illegitimate kids.

Ben Rothlisberger- NO, too many stupid mistakes before last season.

Matt Hasselbeck/Shaun Alexander. No personallity to speak of. Who outside of the beautiful state of washington watches these guys?

Reggie Bush. Not yet

Ladamion Thomlinson. He gets my vote. Classy (Love the way he hands the ball to the ref after a TD). Well spoken, hard worker, and of course-incredible talent.

D-Mcnabb. Lost his time in the spotlight.

I know there are several other candidates, these are the ones that come to mind this AM. If you pick other, please expand on it..

Who the hell is Ladamion Thomlinson? :lol::wink:

Alex44
06-20-2007, 11:57 AM
:lol: We're ripping your post to shreds.

playmaker1
06-20-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm tired of Manning. I say LT. He does alot for the community and is a great roll model on and off the field. The other person that I'd vote for that is not on this list is Drew Brees.

The Confessor
06-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Who the hell is Ladamion Thomlinson? :lol::wink:

:o

I fixed the post, but the poll will remain as an embaresment for all to see

:lol:

Stitches
06-20-2007, 12:41 PM
You screwed up Big Ben's last name too.

SpurzN703
06-20-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm tired of Manning. I say LT. He does alot for the community and is a great roll model on and off the field. The other person that I'd vote for that is not on this list is Drew Brees.

Tired of him being the face of the NFL? The guy deserves it, otherwise he wouldn't be it

SpurzN703
06-20-2007, 12:44 PM

I fixed the post, but the poll will remain as an embaresment for all to see

:bighug::lol:

SpurzN703
06-20-2007, 12:45 PM
:lol: We're ripping your post to shreds.

Martel
06-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Manning. He does about 20 commercials, he just hosted SNL, coming off a title etc.

The Confessor
06-20-2007, 01:06 PM
You screwed up Big Ben's last name too.

Yeah, but I got Tom Brady, Mike Vick and Reggie bush right:tongue:

arsenal
06-20-2007, 01:13 PM
ted ginn :groucho:

playmaker1
06-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Tired of him being the face of the NFL? The guy deserves it, otherwise he wouldn't be it

Just would like to see someone new. I'm not a fan of manning. There are other players in the NFL besides him. Kind of drives me nuts to be watching a game, and have to sit through 3 commercials staring him, listen to them constenly talk about him, show his dad and family sitting in the both seats so on so on.

I'm not taking anything away from him as a player, and to be honnest, I crack up at his comercials, but I would like to see someone new.

Crunkcore
06-20-2007, 02:57 PM
LT and Peyton Manning.

BIHPhinFan4Life
06-20-2007, 04:08 PM
LaDanian Tomlinson deffinitely for me. The guy is really classy and does everything right.... another dark horse for me is marvin harrison lol. he does everything and puts up great numbers every year along with great statistics.

playmaker1
06-20-2007, 04:51 PM
LaDanian Tomlinson deffinitely for me. The guy is really classy and does everything right.... another dark horse for me is marvin harrison lol. he does everything and puts up great numbers every year along with great statistics.

Good call on Marvin. But he hates the spot light. He sits by himself at the end of the bench, and hardly ever does interviews. But one of the classest in the game for sure.

SpurzN703
06-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Just would like to see someone new. I'm not a fan of manning. There are other players in the NFL besides him. Kind of drives me nuts to be watching a game, and have to sit through 3 commercials staring him, listen to them constenly talk about him, show his dad and family sitting in the both seats so on so on.

I'm not taking anything away from him as a player, and to be honnest, I crack up at his comercials, but I would like to see someone new.

Makes no difference to me really. He's good, reeeeeal good.

IdahoPhin
06-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Peyton Manning

:yeahthat:

Smoke
06-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Drew Brees. He's a class act and a great player.

HysterikiLL
06-22-2007, 09:17 PM
I have to say LT. This guy is the second coming of Sweetness, and as a Bears fan I have no problems with that at all. Anyone who can have that type of impact on the world deserves all the glory and greatness he is given.

NewEra8
06-22-2007, 09:30 PM
LT.. but I wish theyd bring defense back into the spotlight... Urlacher maybe? Or even JT

PhinCanuck
06-23-2007, 03:13 PM
I voted LT. In my opinion, it could also go to JT, Defensive MVP, Drew Brees, shared honors with LT, or Peyton Manning, Super Bowl MVP.
They are all classy players. On and off the turf. They are leaders.

DonShula84
06-23-2007, 03:24 PM
LT or Manning. Both are good people off the field and dominate on it. Both play for good teams as well which doesnt hurt.