PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a PC game

callaway1234
06-20-2007, 05:13 PM
hey guys I'm looking for a good PC game to get into to play online. I don't want a game that would take over my life (warcraft) but something we can play matches and such. I like RTS's like AOE 3 but I'm not sure if I want to invest my time in a MMO... any suggestions?

Phinz420
06-20-2007, 05:45 PM
hey guys I'm looking for a good PC game to get into to play online. I don't want a game that would take over my life (warcraft) but something we can play matches and such. I like RTS's like AOE 3 but I'm not sure if I want to invest my time in a MMO... any suggestions?

Well if you like RTS games there are plenty out there for you to get into.

Company of Heroes - Won game of the year, could be argued as the best WWII game ever made for any genre, and we havn't had too many good WWII RTS games before this. Fully destructible environments(sniper hiding in a building will fall out of it and die if a tank blows the wall he is hiding at, or just have an engineer/Air strike demolish the entire building!) The game also has a very unique style of resource gathering that is much more "realistic" than most RTS games offer. Instead of collecting resources, you have to hold various control points to increase your capabilities for Fuel, Ammo, and Personel which allows you to build up your forces. I highly recommend this game, and even moreso if you are a WWII history buff.

Command and Conquer 3 - Much more fun than its predecessor C&C Generals. If you were a fan of old C&C games then I do suggest this game, it has a nice retro feel to it. Not quite as innovative as I hoped, but it is fun nonetheless.

Supreme Commander - This RTS is hardcore. It has the steepest learning curve by far, but in the end this game is truly a monster. The sheer amount of options for the 3 different factions are truly mind-blowing. Far too much for me to get into in this thread, but if you are not into a futuristic style I would avoid it. It's not very believable or realistic like Company of Heroes, but it is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it.

callaway1234
06-20-2007, 05:56 PM
thanks man I'll look into those. I am an old-school fan of Red Alert and Yuri's Revenge but have never played Generals.

Phinz420
06-20-2007, 06:31 PM
thanks man I'll look into those. I am an old-school fan of Red Alert and Yuri's Revenge but have never played Generals.

Consider yourself lucky friend. :lol:

EA really stuck it to us Red Alert vets with Generals, stay clear of it trust me. You will find yourself much happier with the new C&C 3 - Tiberium Wars.

washFin84
06-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Command and Conquer 3 - Much more fun than its predecessor C&C Generals. If you were a fan of old C&C games then I do suggest this game, it has a nice retro feel to it. Not quite as innovative as I hoped, but it is fun nonetheless.
It is great fun, I just bout this a week ago Monday for the 360. I've played it almost every night. The multiplayer games are so much fun. Winning or losing either way it's fun.

Scatman
06-21-2007, 03:35 PM
company of heroes
http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3139860

cant go wrong for an rts... its actually only rts ive ever been able to play.... freaking great game for sure.

Phinz420
06-21-2007, 05:14 PM
I should also mention that if you are into Lord of the Rings, you may really love the RTS Battle For Middle Earth II: Rise of the Witch King.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/06/AngmarArmyandBase_hr-1.jpg

Majpain
06-21-2007, 08:21 PM
SC :D Best RTS out there :D

callaway1234
06-21-2007, 08:59 PM
I went and bought Company of Heroes but I'm afraid to open it cause I'm not sure if it'll run on my computer (I'm a damn fool when it comes to computers)... is there any way for a noob to figure out if he has the requirements (I see them on the back of the box but how do I tell what I have lol) Thanks for all the help guys.

Bruzer
06-21-2007, 09:11 PM
yep go to www.srtest.com it runs a test on your comp :D