PDA

View Full Version : 360 disc scratching issues

chillwill3000
06-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey just a bit of advice for anyone with a 360. DO NOT SET THE 360 UP IN A VERTICAL POSITION. PUT IT HORIZONTAL ONLY. Having it in the vertical position on any surface that is not COMPLETLEY level will cause disc scratching issues.

FinsNCanes
06-21-2007, 11:21 AM
I did this when I first got mine (horizontal) and have had no problems. I assumed the vertical position was causing the disc to get a loose and scratch.

Scatman
06-21-2007, 03:32 PM
i dont know y 360's are such crap.... they been out 3 years.... and there still having a crap load of problems with them.... its kinda pathetic.

UltraDol-Fan
06-21-2007, 04:39 PM
I've had mine vertical since lauch and have had no problems

QuenteK25
06-21-2007, 04:48 PM
I've had mine vertical since lauch and have had no problems

Same here, just not since launch. I've only heard of scratches foming from loading a disc with it in vertical position, and then moving it to horizontal while the disc is still in.

Dolfan32323
06-21-2007, 04:54 PM
My launch vertical never scratched. I decided to put my new one horizontally however.

washFin84
06-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Same here, just not since launch. I've only heard of scratches foming from loading a disc with it in vertical position, and then moving it to horizontal while the disc is still in.yeah don't do that..you wont get scratches they're called scars and they cover the edge of the cd and you will probably ruin ur disk. My Saints Row seems to still play, but have difficulty getting it loaded a lot of the times.

Mine didn't neccesarilly happen because I moved from vertical to horizontal, but rather moving my 360 while the game was loaded and I angled it somewhat while moving it and scccccreeeech crunk scccrech.. ohh shii..

anyways I've always kept it horizontal since ownership except that day.

Bruzer
06-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Kept mine horizontal since buying and absolutely no problems.

FinsNCanes
06-21-2007, 09:58 PM
360 is a bit over-rated I'd say anyway.

I mean..they have about 7 good games out of about 60.

Majpain
06-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Fins but 6 more are coming :D

Bruzer
06-22-2007, 06:35 AM
I think 360 was worth the money and I was one of the bigger haters here for a while. I love the system and soooo many good games coming this year.

washFin84
06-22-2007, 02:14 PM
the 360 is great. Altough some of us have had to trade in our system once maybe twice due to the quality of some machines, but if you're like me you purchased the warranty knowing you'd probably use it.

I am not one to play a lot of games or even try them for that matter, but with the 360's marketplace I really don't have a choice. I have now been exposed to games that I wouldn't think twice about renting. I have downloaded a few demos that I didn't like for example Shadowrun, but at least I was able to try it for free.

More than likely any game that comes out for the 360 there will be a playable demo with some being multiplayer capability.

And there is a whole slate of games that I am anticipating this year. And I will get to at least now try or get to see close up before I pay even a dollar.

Americas Army
End War
Grand Theft Auto
Madden 08
Halo 3 and Halo wars
and some more that I am forgetting.
ohh the new Call of Duty game, the modern one coming out soon

What I am trying to say is that I have never in my life anticipated so many good games coming out before.

Plus I was able to download that first episode of lil Bush for free. That show is hilarious

Majpain
06-22-2007, 02:31 PM
I think 360 was worth the money and I was one of the bigger haters here for a while. I love the system and soooo many good games coming this year.

Thats how we converted Bruzer to the DAArk Side :evil:

Bruzer
06-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Thats how we converted Bruzer to the DAArk Side :evil:

lol oh well I still hate the Xbox but the Xbox 360 Microsoft made a great system in my opinion. I mean I probably won't buy halo even so xbox360 is not selling because of halo more a good variety of quality games where I only seen halo mentioned with Xbox most of the time.

mor911
06-22-2007, 09:34 PM
I switch mine back and forth... never lost a disc.

Majpain
06-22-2007, 09:54 PM
lol oh well I still hate the Xbox but the Xbox 360 Microsoft made a great system in my opinion. I mean I probably won't buy halo even so xbox360 is not selling because of halo more a good variety of quality games where I only seen halo mentioned with Xbox most of the time.

Yeah not buying Halo3 either. The Beta was meh all-around. Its just one of those games thats going to sell if it sucks or if its good.

Better games are coming out anyways.