PDA

View Full Version : So...I bought a Wii today...

unifiedtheory
06-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Total impluse purchase, the g/f started talking about it and the next thing I know I'm going halfers with her and I've got it...LOL!

The question I have for the gamers here (I've been a little out of the gaming loop for awhile, I play some PC games but have not touched my PS2 in almost 2 years) is tell me about some good games, any genre.

Should I go online?

What are the sports games like?

Any help would be grand, thank you all in advance.

JL25
06-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Zelda:Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario are fun .
Resident Evil 4 if you haven't played it on the ps2, and it's only 30 bucks.

Slappy8800
06-23-2007, 10:04 PM
wtf whered u find one?

Joe Flipper
06-24-2007, 09:17 AM
I snagged 1 at walmart the other night
the Wii sports games are fun...my daughter can't stop playin
Zelda is a MUST own if you like those types of games
A new baseball game comes out next week called "THE BIGS"
Looks cool

it's a fun FAMILY system...just hard to find them !

:)

playmaker1
06-24-2007, 01:02 PM
I like the Zelda game, the Wii sports is a blast, and my favorite game is paper mario. It is a blast. My wife loves it too. The only gmae I have played on the Wii that I hated was spiderman 3. It would probably be better on another system though. Tiger Woods was a blast when I rented that too.

unifiedtheory
06-24-2007, 01:29 PM
wtf whered u find one?

That is kind of a funny story actually...

The g/f wanted to get a game for her DS and dragged me into our local mall's EB (I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEE EB). She's standing in front of the DS games and she started to talk about the games she wants to try on Wii. I asked her if she wanted to get a Wii, she said hell yah. Told her I'd pay for half so we were all in at that point.

She goes to the counter and asked if they have any. Dude starts in with THE attitude. "Impossible to get, you'll have to come in every morning to see if we have any coming in etc." Then she asks "do you take deposits and hold them". Dude says, again with an attitude in his voice I wanted to ring out of him "No, there are so many people that would be ahead of you that you'd never get one". Some guy walked into the store as he was answering ans says "I was just at Wal Mart and they have Wii's there".

G/F is elated and we went and grabbed one and they had at least a dozen more there. We did stop at EB after we bought one so the g/f could show the little prick at EB that he lost a sale...LOL!

The Wii sports game that came with the system are a blast actually. Horrible graphics but super fun none the less. I'm really liking this thing actually.

Silverphin
06-24-2007, 05:39 PM
That is kind of a funny story actually...

The g/f wanted to get a game for her DS and dragged me into our local mall's EB (I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEE EB). She's standing in front of the DS games and she started to talk about the games she wants to try on Wii. I asked her if she wanted to get a Wii, she said hell yah. Told her I'd pay for half so we were all in at that point.

She goes to the counter and asked if they have any. Dude starts in with THE attitude. "Impossible to get, you'll have to come in every morning to see if we have any coming in etc." Then she asks "do you take deposits and hold them". Dude says, again with an attitude in his voice I wanted to ring out of him "No, there are so many people that would be ahead of you that you'd never get one". Some guy walked into the store as he was answering ans says "I was just at Wal Mart and they have Wii's there".

G/F is elated and we went and grabbed one and they had at least a dozen more there. We did stop at EB after we bought one so the g/f could show the little prick at EB that he lost a sale...LOL!

The Wii sports game that came with the system are a blast actually. Horrible graphics but super fun none the less. I'm really liking this thing actually.

Dude, your girls kicks ***!

Medieval954
06-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Congrats on finding a Wii and having a girl who actually went half with you to get it. :eek: I'll just post here what I posted in !!Wolf!!'s thread.

Aside from Wii Sports (killer app), which comes with the console, some games I recommend...

Single Player
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (must have)
Super Paper Mario
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Excite Truck

Multi-Player
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Wii Play (not great, but comes with Wii-mote, so basically a $10 game)

Also some games I thought were ok, but are "love it or hate it" games depending on who you ask...

Mario Party 8
Red Steel
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
SSX Blur
Elebits

If you're gonna buy some game off the Virtual Console (trust me, you will), then get one of the Classic Controllers...
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/06/68aare1-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1062149814&postcount=5

I'll add that for Single Player, even if you've already played the Gamecube version, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition is another must have. Also, Scarface: The World Is Yours is pretty good too.

I'm beginning to see the Wii-mote is perfectly suited for third person/sandbox games.

Scatman
06-24-2007, 06:35 PM
wii is cool for family. my daughter loves it. i dont really play it too much...oly with fam.... to me gets kinda boring alone. but cool console to have as a 2nd.

Motion
06-25-2007, 08:32 AM
I really wish they would come out with an expansion pack for Wii Sports. I want more than 9 holes for golf! Wii Sports and Wii Play are the only games I own but I've rented quite a few. Definitely not a "main" console to have but its alot of fun to play with friends.

mor911
06-25-2007, 08:42 AM
I just got RE4 for Wii on Saturday... Very disappointed. The controls are no where near as clean or as useful as you'd think they are. I'd still take a PS2 controller anyday (for this game anyways). And graphically it isn't any better than the PS2.

How it was reviewed a 9 is beyond me....

unifiedtheory
06-26-2007, 12:32 AM
I really wish they would come out with an expansion pack for Wii Sports. I want more than 9 holes for golf! Wii Sports and Wii Play are the only games I own but I've rented quite a few. Definitely not a "main" console to have but its alot of fun to play with friends.

So do I. They should come up with individual games like these. The tennis is a blast, my girl and I are pretty competative so it is turning into quite a good time. The bowling is really fun as well. It's kind of fun having a couple of beers and playing around on this thing.

The reason I was open to getting Wii is that it would not become a main system for me. The g/f really wanted it and I saw there are a few games I could get into (I picked up Tiger Woods golf and it is pretty cool). I did not want something I'd become addicted to...LOL! Between working 10 hour days and building at least one web site a month at night my time is so limited as it is. The Wii keeps the girl busy and not bugging me to stop working...LOL!

I picked up Paper Mario for the girl and she is totally addicted. It looks kind of cool. I'm gonna pick up Zelda when she tires of Mario.

Anyone played Madden or NHL on it? I'm more about content and game play then graphics to be honest. I've never played on a 360 or a PS3 so I still think PS2 graphics are pretty good.

All that said, I know that once the PS3 comes down in price I'll be getting one, then I'll have a problem.