PDA

View Full Version : Tank Johnson waived

Sean
06-25-2007, 03:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2916083

Not too surprising, although my dad's buddy met the guy and he is really not that all bad, he is a nice guy. He also sounded sincere on his apoligy, but I guess the Bears didn't buy it.

Hell, I wouldn't mind him if Fred Evans goes caput.

Stitches
06-25-2007, 04:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2916083

Not too surprising, although my dad's buddy met the guy and he is really not that all bad, he is a nice guy. He also sounded sincere on his apoligy, but I guess the Bears didn't buy it.

Hell, I wouldn't mind him if Fred Evans goes caput.

:sidelol:
You can't pick up Tank Johnson if you cut Fred Evans. lol

I hope Evans still makes the team honestly though.

CDNPHIN
06-25-2007, 04:20 PM
CFL's gonna be stacked this year!:lol:

DonShula84
06-25-2007, 04:33 PM
:sidelol:
You can't pick up Tank Johnson if you cut Fred Evans. lol

I hope Evans still makes the team honestly though.

Exactly what I was thinking lol

Perfect23
06-25-2007, 04:35 PM
I bet you the Bengals are intrested

playmaker1
06-25-2007, 04:36 PM
CFL's gonna be stacked this year!:lol:

:lol: Might as well start an expansion team of NFL flunkies

HysterikiLL
06-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Tank Johnson is a good guy, but he struggles to surround himself with the right people. As a result, he's going to be in these situations regardless of if he messed up or not. Disappointing because he is a freak talent.

I kinda expected it, and have accepted it, though I loved what he brought to the team. It created a mammoth hole in the interior that reunites OU buddies Dvoracek and Harris, which is cool though.

Either way, sayoonara Tank.

maverick50
06-25-2007, 10:10 PM
hey troops i am not so sure we should poke fun of the bengals anymore especaily since we now have two guys giving the team a black eye. mooreover we are not out of the woods with the ricky and duante fisaco yet . i mean those two issues havent went away entirely.:unsure:

Tone_E
06-26-2007, 11:50 AM
I bet you BUF tries to pick him up. They need help at DT. That would suck though, because he is a great player.

playmaker1
06-26-2007, 12:05 PM
I bet you BUF tries to pick him up. They need help at DT. That would suck though, because he is a great player.

If he can even play next season..

NFLRocks
07-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Wow, the Bears are really lacking depth at the DT position now. They lost there 2 back ups earlier in the off-season to FA and now only have one starting DT. If Tommie Harris goes down again like he did last year the Bears will be in trouble.

playmaker1
07-02-2007, 11:45 AM
The bears could always pick up cry baby Manny Wright

tatfreak
07-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Tank will end up with the cowboys.

THeavyweight
07-02-2007, 02:10 PM
or bengals

playmaker1
07-02-2007, 02:19 PM

I don't think he will even be able to play next season. He already had 8 games suspension, but with all the new stuff, he might get suspended for the season.

Nappy Roots
07-02-2007, 05:58 PM
bears may regret this now, Police say Tanks wasnt even drunk when they arrested him. which leads me to this question, why the **** did they arrest him??????????????????

basically they smelled alcohol and after pulling him over for going 15 mph over the speed limit, they just slap the cuffs on him. no tests or nothing?

makes no sense to me..

Blood tests show former Chicago Bears (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=chi) defensive tackle Tank Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6806)'s blood alcohol level was below the legal limit when he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving June 22, police said Monday.

Johnson's blood alcohol level was .072, under the presumptive limit in Arizona of .08 percent, Gilbert police Sgt. Andrew Duncan said. No charges have been filed pending results of a completed investigation, and Duncan declined further comment.

Johnson, whose legal name is Terry Darnell Johnson, was arrested when officers pulled him over at 3:30 a.m. for driving 40 mph in a 25 mph zone. Duncan said an officer placed him under arrest because he believed Johnson was under the influence of alcohol. He was released without being booked or charged after providing a blood sample, and police said he was very cooperative.

playmaker1
07-02-2007, 06:43 PM
The point is, Tank is a problem. They took care of that problem. I don't think they will regret anything. They got rid of the black eye he was putting on their organization. No team wants that kind of press coverage.

Nappy Roots
07-02-2007, 08:45 PM
The point is, Tank is a problem. They took care of that problem. I don't think they will regret anything. They got rid of the black eye he was putting on their organization. No team wants that kind of press coverage.

if that was the point, why didnt they get rid of him after the 8 game suspension? why would they say they are going to stand behind him and help him out, and then when he is caught speeding, then they release him. they thought he was going to get a DUI and be charged, so they released him. i guarantee they regret not atleast waiting for the blood test.

tucker
07-02-2007, 10:49 PM
the police just want to put tank away

rdhstlr23
07-03-2007, 01:04 PM
I think Tank will have a much better chance of getting his suspension reduced to 6 games if he can find a team. There's going to be a team out there that will sign him to a minimum contract and work in some incentives. I don't have any faith however, that he won't screw up again after this year. You know how it goes, fool me once, shame on you...Fool me twice, shame on me.

ThatOneGuy
07-03-2007, 02:49 PM
the police just want to put tank away

Please. Why would you say something like that? Explain.

Do you think the police are out at 3:30 in the morning looking for Tank Johnson? OR do you think that Tank Johnson, by his actions, is looking for the police? I would say that latter. I would say that Tank Johnson, not the police, is jeopardizing his career and wants to be put away.

ThatOneGuy
07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
if that was the point, why didnt they get rid of him after the 8 game suspension? why would they say they are going to stand behind him and help him out, and then when he is caught speeding, then they release him. they thought he was going to get a DUI and be charged, so they released him. i guarantee they regret not atleast waiting for the blood test.

I bet the Bear's orgainzation isn't regretting this because of their actions. They stood behind Johnson after he got out of jail and made his public statements about cleaning up his act. I would bet that they were looking for an excuse to cut him and he provided it. So they cut him before the results of the BAC came back.

They are now able to say that they gave Johnson a second chance and he blew it. They are also able to cut him now without it affecting their cap. I was an all around smart business move and they come out smelling like roses.

Nappy Roots
07-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Please. Why would you say something like that? Explain.

Do you think the police are out at 3:30 in the morning looking for Tank Johnson? OR do you think that Tank Johnson, by his actions, is looking for the police? I would say that latter. I would say that Tank Johnson, not the police, is jeopardizing his career and wants to be put away.

what exactly has tank done wrong?

playmaker1
07-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Here's an update

Former Chicago Bears (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=chi) defensive tackle Tank Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6806) won't face driving under the influence charges here after blood tests revealed his blood-alcohol content was .072 when he was pulled over at 3:30 a.m. on June 22.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2926935