PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop Question:

Alex44
06-27-2007, 10:35 AM
They just recently built one near my house, previously I hadn't been to one in years because there were always other stores closer.

My question is this:

I know some stores buy/will let you trade in used games. Does Gamestop? If so will they buy things like controllers/memory cards?

I don't want to walk my *** up there and find out I can't sell anything.

Phin-o-rama
06-27-2007, 11:04 AM
probably....call em

Alex44
06-27-2007, 11:05 AM
probably....call em

It's so new that they don't have their number listed anywhere yet. They JUST moved in about two days ago, so the store is really new. I checked their main site though and they do buy used games. I just hope I don't get ripped.

Caps
06-27-2007, 11:11 AM
They definitely buy games, not sure about controllers or stuff like that.

Alex44
06-27-2007, 11:34 AM
They definitely buy games, not sure about controllers or stuff like that.

I guess I'll just bring it all and see what happens.

theghost
06-27-2007, 11:42 AM
EB bought one of my controllers but they don't give you much for them.

Stitches
06-27-2007, 11:43 AM
I guess I'll just bring it all and see what happens.

They definitely take controllers and memory cards for certain systems. Not some of the older ones though. PS2 is probably as far back as they will go at this point. There are cd/game exhancges by me which buy/sell all types of systems though, you might have some similar by you.

Alex44
06-27-2007, 11:45 AM
They definitely take controllers and memory cards for certain systems. Not some of the older ones though. PS2 is probably as far back as they will go at this point. There are cd/game exhancges by me which buy/sell all types of systems though, you might have some similar by you.

Do you think they would buy any gamecube games? :lol:

My PS2 broke so I am getting rid of that stuff if they will take it.

Stitches
06-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Do you think they would buy any gamecube games? :lol:

My PS2 broke so I am getting rid of that stuff if they will take it.

They will buy gamecube games, but don't know how much you will get. Honestly you might do better on e-bay. Maybe.

I should have worded my earlier response better, they should buy stuff up to the PS2 generation(xbox, gamecube).

Alex44
06-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Eh I'm not looking to get much anyway, I just never play gamecube anymore.....the sound doesnt even work on it. I have a bunch of games and if I can walk out with $20.00 total I'm happy. It's not like I HAVE to sell em once I'm there, if they are ripping me off I'll just walk away.

Scatman
06-27-2007, 11:51 AM
they wont give u much for stuff thiough

TrojanManWnkr
06-27-2007, 11:57 AM
you'll get more if you put it on store credit and if you get games a bit you should get the card they have that gives you like 10% off used games or whatever and you should always buy **** used from there because you get 7 days to return it for full cost (on store credit) for absolutely no reason whatsoever, "I just didn't like the game" ok done. good system they have goin there. they take everything but PC games now. even dvds and such. gamestop and eb games are the same place.

Alex44
06-27-2007, 11:58 AM
you'll get more if you put it on store credit and if you get games a bit you should get the card they have that gives you like 10% off used games or whatever and you should always buy **** used from there because you get 7 days to return it for full cost (on store credit) for absolutely no reason whatsoever, "I just didn't like the game" ok done. good system they have goin there. they take everything but PC games now. even dvds and such. gamestop and eb games are the same place.

Really? Because I have plenty of those :lol:

I might get a card then.....I guess I'll go over the options with whoever is there.

finsrule84
06-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Yes, they do buy all kinds of accessories and games, even systems. But, as already mentioned, they don't give you much for them.

Alex44
06-27-2007, 12:01 PM
How much is not much? Not exactly of course...but about? I need to decide if I want to get up and do it or not.

chillwill3000
06-27-2007, 12:20 PM
probably....call em

:yeahthat:

TrojanManWnkr
06-27-2007, 12:29 PM
a good condition game cube i think is still 30 bucks alongside the xbox and ps2. games for the gamecube will probably get you from 1 to maybe 10 at best dollars. ps2 and xbox games will get you anywhere from 5 to 30 depending on what it's still going for and 360 games you can get about 10 to 35 again depending. supply and demand. dvd's i've never traded in but probably only a dollar or two. usually when you trade in games if you put it towards another game you will get and extra 20% or something depending on what promos they have going on

amir7
06-27-2007, 01:34 PM
here's a link I found from the site that gives you some trade in values on a couple of the games, but unfortunately the lists are very short. hope that helps

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp

Alex44
06-27-2007, 02:59 PM
I went there with a few games and a memory card, they said the total was around $50. Then they said you have to be 18 to get cash.....so I'm going to make my mom do it this weekend for me.

TheMageGandalf
06-27-2007, 05:03 PM
I went there with a few games and a memory card, they said the total was around $50. Then they said you have to be 18 to get cash.....so I'm going to make my mom do it this weekend for me.

Dude, my cousin is the store manager of one and he recommends you get store credit to make more cash off the stuff your giving in.

Also, 90% of their income is from the used stuff and the magazine GameInformer subscription sales.

So you should maybe think twice and make sure your not getting totally ripped off since they give people the absolute lowest price on those trade-ins.

Sometimes, in their ads which are either online or in store they have Coupons which give you like an EXTRA 20% or whatever for any trade in and stuff like that.

Alex44
06-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Dude, my cousin is the store manager of one and he recommends you get store credit to make more cash off the stuff your giving in.

Also, 90% of their income is from the used stuff and the magazine GameInformer subscription sales.

So you should maybe think twice and make sure your not getting totally ripped off since they give people the absolute lowest price on those trade-ins.

Sometimes, in their ads which are either online or in store they have Coupons which give you like an EXTRA 20% or whatever for any trade in and stuff like that.

I would do the store trade in and all, but I'm saving for other things they don't sell there. :lol:

My PS2 and GameCube are broken anyway....I can't use them.

rob19
06-27-2007, 09:44 PM
people that work at gamestop annoy me >.>.. lol... the have that nerdy attitude like they know everything that make you wanna hit em..

She goes to the counter and asked if they have any. Dude starts in with THE attitude. "Impossible to get, you'll have to come in every morning to see if we have any coming in etc." Then she asks "do you take deposits and hold them". Dude says, again with an attitude in his voice I wanted to ring out of him "No, there are so many people that would be ahead of you that you'd never get one".

is a good example of what im talking about..

vinlakers22
06-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Lol, the same type of people work at the gamestop here. I went in there to ask about a game release once and the nerdy guy with the thick glasses looks at me and goes, where have you been, that game doesnt come out until next week. I find it hilarious that they think they are like the coolest people in the world because they know everything about every video game ever made.

Alex44
06-28-2007, 12:10 PM
The guy there yesterday was actually pretty cool :lol:

They have only been open a week though....I'm sure the nerds are on their way!

FinsNCanes
06-28-2007, 12:37 PM
They'll buy anything as far as I know.

Scatman
06-28-2007, 10:48 PM
The guy there yesterday was actually pretty cool :lol:

They have only been open a week though....I'm sure the nerds are on their way!

lol...i hate going to that store... i rather hit best buy any day.... man nerds tend to smell and get on your nerves