PDA

View Full Version : Ted Ginn makes the Madden 08 Trailer!

Juggernaut
06-28-2007, 02:42 PM
http://us.mediaplayer.aol.com/player/launcher?ar=us_en_video_748x541_full&pmmsid=1932349
yeaaaaaaa whats up now!

Vertical Limit
06-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Riiight..

Phin-o-rama
06-28-2007, 02:58 PM
sweet

TotoreMexico
06-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Sweet!

FiveStar
06-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Game looks pretty tight

Charlie Brown
06-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Ted Ginn wont even be playing when the season starts

Aqua4Ever04
06-28-2007, 03:23 PM
That new receiver control is going to be sick, I'm going to love having Chambers for that.

Shamboubou
06-28-2007, 03:34 PM
He better be the fastest person on the game. I cant wait for 08 I just got Wii and its going to be crazy tight on the Wii.

Alex44
06-28-2007, 03:34 PM

Care to enlighten us on why he won't be playing?

He won't be a go to WR but he will be PLAYING.

Rubbin420
06-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Care to enlighten us on why he won't be playing?

He won't be a go to WR but he will be PLAYING.

Exactly, why do people keep talking like he is a gimp. He is not wearing the boot anymore, hes practicing. On NFL Network they said the same stupidity.."Is he going to play with a boot"
Its rediculous.
Give the Miami Road Runner a chance...

South Florida
06-28-2007, 03:45 PM
I wonder if that play they show was a kick return.

#1dolphinsfan
06-28-2007, 04:09 PM
that game looks hella tight

NYPhin24
06-28-2007, 04:14 PM
he wont be the fastest player because they made Devin Hester the first player ever in Madden with 100 anything..as his speed, if i had to guess id say for speed there gonna give him a 96 maybe it would be higher but they might have lowered it after his foot injury

eckonice
06-28-2007, 04:48 PM
he wont be the fastest player because they made Devin Hester the first player ever in Madden with 100 anything..as his speed, if i had to guess id say for speed there gonna give him a 96 maybe it would be higher but they might have lowered it after his foot injury

If you view the blog on madden08.com the producer in charge of the player ratings and attributes stated Ted Ginn was a great pick and will immediately be one of the 2-3 fastest players in the game. So Im guessing hell be a 99 - 98 at the least. He also said Calvin Johnson has a chance to be the first rookie to ever be rated a 90 overall, which is some prretty high praise. I think Ted Ginn will be an an 81 overall.

arsenal
06-28-2007, 04:54 PM
man that move looked realistic as hell... ginns gonna be shoulder shruggin like that out of would be tacklers all day long in real life...

wooooooooooo

Majpain
06-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Madden 08

Same game as last year but with new GIMMICKS

Thats should be the tagline.

Not impressed at all.

Slappy8800
06-28-2007, 05:01 PM
wow that trailer was impressive...if the actual game is like that, ill be very impressed

Skeet84
06-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Sweet the game looks GREAATT!

Phinz420
06-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Madden 08

Not impressed at all.

I wouldn't go that far. The graphics may not have changed, but the animations have been completely overhauled from the ground-up. That may not sound like a big deal, but the animations of previous Madden titles were impeding on the game play(which EA finally admits to now that they fixed it).

Overall, with the new "weapons system" making different types of players having different abilities(Warrick Dunn is not going to bull over linebackers, and you won't see Max Strong juking people out with quick moves), along with the changes to the animations(which makes the game look & feel more realistic), and finally giving the amount of single player options that Madden fans had pre-Next Gen... I think this could be the best Madden we have seen in a long time.

My gripes in the past were always that the game looked the same every year, but they wouldn't make attempts to fix the glaring problems that persisted. I don't want to count my chickens too early, but I think they have finally answered my complaints.

Offerdahl56
06-29-2007, 03:08 PM
my questions is, and I haven't seen an answer yet is how are they going to work the create-a-player feature on the nextgen (360, PS3)...is it going to be the anboying Training Camp drills which decide you'r abilities? or can you do it the old way, with the rating system.....that was a big drag in my opinion with Madden 07....i sukced at the drills so I couldn't ever create a player who was rated higher than a 40....small complaint I know....but still would be nice if they changed that or added an edit feature....

Motion
06-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Still looks choppy to me, not very smooth.

Offerdahl56
06-29-2007, 03:21 PM
i agree...but wasn;t sure if it was my connection at work or not...

Phinz420
06-29-2007, 03:50 PM

I didn't notice any choppiness.

:confused:

Motion
06-29-2007, 03:57 PM
I didn't notice any choppiness.

:confused:

In the player movements is what I'm referring too, not the actual trailer.

Just doesn't look very realistic and fluid as it should.

Dolfan984
06-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Madden 08

Not impressed at all.

and I think the 2k series sucked.

we're both biased. :wink:

Phinz420
06-29-2007, 04:32 PM
In the player movements is what I'm referring too, not the actual trailer.

Just doesn't look very realistic and fluid as it should.

I felt that the quicker animations are a step forward in this game. The animations used in the past few years of Madden were atrocious, for both game play as well as realism.

Previous Years

Spin Move - Simply was a long circle that was one of the worst looking moves I have ever seen. I have never in my life seen a player move in the way that Madden used to handle player driven spin moves.

Side Step - This was not only unbalancing to the point of being retarded, but once again the players would move in a fashion that real life football players simply do not move. I liked the idea of having a side step(which many RB's in the NFL use), but the animation that they settled on the past few years was simply terrible. Not only that, but players who knew how to exploit certain features could make the defense AI stupefied by using the side step in specific angles.

Stiff Arm - There was one angle that you could use the stiff arm from which would always work. When the defender is chasing you from behind at either the ball handler's left side or the right side you could pretty much guarantee a successful stiff arm. I don't have a huge problem with that, except that after you have done this a few times, every single stiff arm looks exactly the same.

The quicker animations they have used this year IMO is going to pay off in huge dividends for game play. No longer will players use a feature and have to wait on the long, silly, unrealistic animation to do it's thing. Now players will have far more control over the ball handler to allow for unique styles of running. Quicker backs' agility is really going to come into play now that cut-back moves are done correctly, and its not going to look as retarded as the side step moves of the previous years.

The one thing I am still concerned about that was not addressed(that I have seen) leading up to this game is the blocking. It just seemed that last year the Defensive lines were STILL able to confuse the **** out of the offensive line AI, and you would see blockers just standing there in their blocking position while not even trying to make a "human-like" move to protect their quarterback.

I have high hopes for this year's Madden, and a lot of my hopes are specifically due to the changes of the animations.

Majpain
06-29-2007, 05:01 PM

Exactly.

All they do is add more animations and some gimmicks and change the name.

Slappy8800
06-30-2007, 02:30 PM
is it me or did it look like it said GINN JR on his jersey? i thought he dropped the Jr?

VT Dolphan
06-30-2007, 03:24 PM
my questions is, and I haven't seen an answer yet is how are they going to work the create-a-player feature on the nextgen (360, PS3)...is it going to be the anboying Training Camp drills which decide you'r abilities? or can you do it the old way, with the rating system.....that was a big drag in my opinion with Madden 07....i sukced at the drills so I couldn't ever create a player who was rated higher than a 40....small complaint I know....but still would be nice if they changed that or added an edit feature....

I think I read somewhere that they are replacing it with the old create-a-player system they used to use, I could be wrong about that though.

I have to say that I'm now eagerly anticipating this game. I was still a little leery about it before seeing that trailer, but now I'm genuinely excited for it. Gotta love the inclusion of Umenyiora's jump shot.

Motion
06-30-2007, 03:45 PM
I felt that the quicker animations are a step forward in this game. The animations used in the past few years of Madden were atrocious, for both game play as well as realism.

Previous Years

Spin Move - Simply was a long circle that was one of the worst looking moves I have ever seen. I have never in my life seen a player move in the way that Madden used to handle player driven spin moves.

Side Step - This was not only unbalancing to the point of being retarded, but once again the players would move in a fashion that real life football players simply do not move. I liked the idea of having a side step(which many RB's in the NFL use), but the animation that they settled on the past few years was simply terrible. Not only that, but players who knew how to exploit certain features could make the defense AI stupefied by using the side step in specific angles.

Stiff Arm - There was one angle that you could use the stiff arm from which would always work. When the defender is chasing you from behind at either the ball handler's left side or the right side you could pretty much guarantee a successful stiff arm. I don't have a huge problem with that, except that after you have done this a few times, every single stiff arm looks exactly the same.

The quicker animations they have used this year IMO is going to pay off in huge dividends for game play. No longer will players use a feature and have to wait on the long, silly, unrealistic animation to do it's thing. Now players will have far more control over the ball handler to allow for unique styles of running. Quicker backs' agility is really going to come into play now that cut-back moves are done correctly, and its not going to look as retarded as the side step moves of the previous years.

The one thing I am still concerned about that was not addressed(that I have seen) leading up to this game is the blocking. It just seemed that last year the Defensive lines were STILL able to confuse the **** out of the offensive line AI, and you would see blockers just standing there in their blocking position while not even trying to make a "human-like" move to protect their quarterback.

I have high hopes for this year's Madden, and a lot of my hopes are specifically due to the changes of the animations.

Yeah, I still just don't see it. Too jerky and unrealistic to me. I'll definitely still play it but I think it has plenty of room for improvement.

playmaker1
07-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I can't wait til august

FLOUNDER
07-02-2007, 07:36 PM

Personal attacks not permitted here.