PDA

View Full Version : Forza 2 Customization Question

Agent51
06-28-2007, 10:59 PM
So I've yet to buy it, have absolutely no time for a game that in-depth right now, but I have a question. I was reading this article on IGN

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/800/800441p1.html

and saw that people were creating cars with licensed images like Mario and Matrix and Halo etc. I'm wondering, are all these things included in the game or are these images they imported into the game? I know they said the level of customization would be absolutely INSANE in Forza 2, but I find it hard to believe they would have all these random images like an IGN logo and Mario's face and stuff already in there, so I'm thinking they are imported. I guess my second question would be how do you go about doing something like that (if your 360 ISN'T hooked to your PC)?

theghost
06-29-2007, 08:30 AM
I have been wondering that myself.

finsrule84
06-29-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't believe you can but it allows you so much freedom you can create pretty much any design if you put your time into it.

dolphinfan2k5
06-29-2007, 02:01 PM
You have to make it yourself, there's no importing of anything. There is a vinyl editor with many shaped like squares, circles, triangles, etc. All adjustable. You use different layers and can pretty much make anything you want if you take enough time. It would take forever to make something like some things you have seen, because they are hand-made using this editor.

Despacio
06-29-2007, 02:02 PM
From what I understand Forza has a deep customization mode and that those cars you see with familiar logos and characters are built from the ground up shape by shape (circle, squares, etc.). I think that's what makes the work so special as opposed to just importing a picture and slapping it on the car. At least that's what I gathered from reading impressions, forums, etc.

I highly doubt Nintendo or anyone else would allow their properties in an XBOX 360 racing game. It would be a major lawsuit waiting to happen.

mor911
06-29-2007, 02:16 PM
The design tool is the best thing since butt sex. You literally can make anything if you had the patience, drive, and skills.

theghost
06-29-2007, 02:21 PM
The design tool is the best thing since butt sex.

Lets not get carried away here :err:

finsrule84
06-29-2007, 02:32 PM
but it is.... just look at the last two pics on the 4th page of the gallery