PDA

View Full Version : First All-Pro Football 2K8 gameplay video!! Wow!

Despacio
06-29-2007, 03:58 AM
Well after being in the dark on any new All-Pro Football 2K8 info the last few weeks, Gamespot has a lengthy 16-minute segment with the 2K developers.

They show off the deep uniform customization, how you go about building your roster, and finally some actual gameplay from the on-field intro to the kickoff to Elway and Barry doing what they do best on the field.

Notice the busy sidelines, smooth animation, running animations, Elway's release, etc.

One particularly cool moment is when Rice goes out of bounds for the catch around the 9:10 mark, check out how his teammate standing on the sideline grabs him and slows him down from crashing into the sidelines.

You can't coach that! :wink:

There's a lot to see and it looks fantastic, I'm more hyped than ever. Check it out here:

LINK (http://www.gamespot.com/video/938065/6173348/all-pro-football-2k8-on-the-spot-demo)

UPDATE:

Here's a spanking new ad/trailer as well featuring the incredible route running of the one and only Jerry Rice:

LINK (http://youtube.com/watch?v=450Fkqa_tBQ)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/06/riceapftdcatch-1.gif

The gif. above belongs to poster momentousceltic (http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/member.php?u=46120) over at the forums on www.operationsports.com (http://www.operationsports.com), notice the crowd reaction to the TD and Rice's footwork, amazing detail on 2K's part.

Boston
06-29-2007, 04:30 AM
i want it so bad.

Pagan
06-29-2007, 07:40 AM
It's doing the little things that will make it better than Madden. Notice on the out pattern when the receiver ran out of bounds and the player on the sidelines caught him and kept him from falling? Beats the hell out of the players that just stand there rocking back and forth.

What intrigues me the most is when he said that even if you're being blocked you can flick the right stick and have the defender reach out to try and make the tackle anyway! Brilliant!

The player models look more realistic, and the gameplay looks really smooth. I'll be buying this the day it comes out.

mor911
06-29-2007, 08:54 AM
this looks flippin awesome! I can't wait. Not sure I'd splurge $60 on it tho...

Itsdahumidity
06-29-2007, 09:47 AM
The the nfl folks are going to be pissed. This game looks superior. We'll see though. Thanks for the link Despacio.

Motion
06-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Looks great.

Deus Ex Dolphin
06-29-2007, 12:03 PM
I was impressed. Glad to see that 2K marketing DOES in fact, exist. :D

Those custom uniforms and logos will be fun. Notice you can send your design to a friend by giving them a code?

Those created stadiums look incredible, along with crowd reactions and active sidelines. Should be very immersive when playing.

Mor? If "flippin' awesome" isn't worth $60? What is? :confused:

zachequalsgod
06-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I've got to get a 360.

mor911
06-29-2007, 01:17 PM
I was impressed. Glad to see that 2K marketing DOES in fact, exist. :D

Those custom uniforms and logos will be fun. Notice you can send your design to a friend by giving them a code?

Those created stadiums look incredible, along with crowd reactions and active sidelines. Should be very immersive when playing.

Mor? If "flippin' awesome" isn't worth $60? What is? :confused:The problem is... it's still not full featured. Can I name the league? Will there be simulated drafts? Will there be a rookie creation? There's a lot of unexplained stuff that I need before I can warrant $60. Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to play it. But because there's no NFL teams (I know that it's not all about the NFL)... but how much will you spend on a game that you can't play the teams you know and love.

I'm probably the most anti-EA-monopoly over the NFL that there is... But if you had $60 for a football game this year, what's it gonna be? NCAA (play as your favorite college), Madden (play as your favorite team), or 2K8 make up your own teams, leagues... everything.

I'm just not sure I'd pay "next-gen" prices for it. I have no doubt it'll be great. I'm most certain it'll be a better football game and control better than both Madden and NCAA. But in the end (sadly), you can't play as (or on) your favorite teams that we've all loved for our entire lives.

Despacio
06-29-2007, 01:44 PM
The problem is... it's still not full featured. Can I name the league? Will there be simulated drafts? Will there be a rookie creation? There's a lot of unexplained stuff that I need before I can warrant $60. Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to play it. But because there's no NFL teams (I know that it's not all about the NFL)... but how much will you spend on a game that you can't play the teams you know and love.

I'm probably the most anti-EA-monopoly over the NFL that there is... But if you had $60 for a football game this year, what's it gonna be? NCAA (play as your favorite college), Madden (play as your favorite team), or 2K8 make up your own teams, leagues... everything.

I'm just not sure I'd pay "next-gen" prices for it. I have no doubt it'll be great. I'm most certain it'll be a better football game and control better than both Madden and NCAA. But in the end (sadly), you can't play as (or on) your favorite teams that we've all loved for our entire lives.

Good points. But c'mon, you can build your own team around Dan "The Man" Marino. It beats Trent Green, right? :yes:

Personally, I just do not enjoy Madden gameplay, but that's just me. And yeah, it sucks we can't have real teams in 2K8. But the lack of a license opens up some things.

Building a team in this game requires strategy, should I get Barry Sanders and Marino and skimp on D, or should I grab a serviceable QB and RB and use my gold level legend selections on Rod Woodson and Jack Lambert for a killer D? Then you take your team online and see how you do. It's not the NFL, but it provides a unique approach to the game of football at it's core.

Plus, you get a deep online mode in the form of tournaments and leagues. The organization and tracking of leagues extend beyond in game and onto the web. Like they said in that video, track your team and make trades at work. The online leagues for 2K5 were cool, and now they are back for 2K8.

And did I mention Dan "The Man" Marino? :kick:

60$ is a lot for any game, but 2K football has always been excellent at bringing the atmosphere and intensity of proffesional football in each and every play. I don't doubt 2K8 will do the same. Football is football, Trent Green or not, and if 2K8 proves to be fun, I'm sure you'll get more than enough value for your bucks.

Or, worst case scenario, wait a month after release and pick it up on Ebay slightly used for $40 :wink:.

JL25
06-30-2007, 04:20 AM
definitely looks great. can't wait to play it.

Pagan
06-30-2007, 06:41 AM
The problem is... it's still not full featured. Can I name the league? Will there be simulated drafts? Will there be a rookie creation? There's a lot of unexplained stuff that I need before I can warrant $60. Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to play it. But because there's no NFL teams (I know that it's not all about the NFL)... but how much will you spend on a game that you can't play the teams you know and love.

All depends on what you like bro. Personally, I'm tired of having to play the real teams. This is refreshing to me. Something completely new, but by usuing the NFL greats it keeps it familiar.

And since I never play more than a season or two before I move on to the next game, draft and all that doesn't matter to me.

Fresh
06-30-2007, 09:37 AM
The game looks great and all, but it's not the NCAA or NFL, so I honestly don't have much interest. There are a ton of great games coming out right after August-September, so I won't have time to sit down and play this AND Madden.

Phin-o-rama
06-30-2007, 10:09 AM
has it been confirmed @ $60 ?

if they came in at 40 id be tempted to buy both....otherwise just madden and rent 2k8

Deus Ex Dolphin
06-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Even as a 2K football fan, I have to agree with those that want Franchise mode and such for $60. Yes, I think 2K Sports should have gone $50 with APF 2K8, and a quick price drop to $40 after a month or so.

I'll still have this game ASAP though. :D Those that don't want it at $60 should be able to find it used/rental copies 3-4 weeks after release. Expect a price drop just after Madden releases too, probably down to $50.

I don't think, as NFL fans, that you have to choose between Madden and APF though. Both will do things the other one doesn't. Not like when you had 2K5 versus Madden 05. So plan on getting both games, or all THREE for you NCAA fans.

Hey, no one said your videogame addiction would be cheap, right? :evil:

VT Dolphan
06-30-2007, 10:13 PM
If 2K still had the NFL license I would be all over this game, but playing with official teams and players is half the fun for me. Still, I commend 2K sports for making the best out of a bad situation, but until Madden loses it's exclusivity, I need to stay with the authentic game.

Anyone know when Madden's exclusive rights deal runs out?

Silverphin
06-30-2007, 11:44 PM
I don't think anyone summarized Rice's skill as well and as beautifully as Rakim did.

NoLimit84
07-01-2007, 12:56 AM
If 2K still had the NFL license I would be all over this game, but playing with official teams and players is half the fun for me. Still, I commend 2K sports for making the best out of a bad situation, but until Madden loses it's exclusivity, I need to stay with the authentic game.

Anyone know when Madden's exclusive rights deal runs out?

The video I saw of this didn't look that great. The animations were good, but all the Madden videos have shown the same thing. Alot of people have complained about the player models in Madden being too big, the ones in this game look to small..I guess I'd have to actually play the game. Also, did anyone else notice any jumping with the game while the person was playing it? I thought it was just the video but the guys voice never broke or froze.

Despacio
07-01-2007, 03:23 AM

The video I saw of this didn't look that great. The animations were good, but all the Madden videos have shown the same thing. Alot of people have complained about the player models in Madden being too big, the ones in this game look to small..I guess I'd have to actually play the game. Also, did anyone else notice any jumping with the game while the person was playing it? I thought it was just the video but the guys voice never broke or froze.

It's like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, ones too big, one's too small, maybe the announced Tecmo Bowl will finally get things just right.

Anyways, for anyone who cares, here are links to some newer gameplay vids over at Gamespot:

VIDEO 1 (http://www.gamespot.com/video/938065/6173380/all-pro-football-2k8-gameplay-movie-3) (notice players talking to each other, cool, but might get old fast)

VIDEO 2 (http://www.gamespot.com/video/938065/6173390/all-pro-football-2k8-gameplay-movie-4) (some gameplay in the rain)

VIDEO 3 (http://www.gamespot.com/video/938065/6173389/all-pro-football-2k8-gameplay-movie-5) (more gameplay)

Boston
07-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Dude, they would sell billions of copys of the game if it was 20 bucks.

do it 2k! I already have 400 dollars worth of games i'm buying help a brother out!