PDA

View Full Version : Games You Plan On Buying This Year

Agent51
07-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Figured I'd make a dedicated thread to everyone's games lists since I have seen in a few other threads that people start to list what upcoming games they are planning on purchasing. I'm saying "this year" (as in til the end of December 2007) just to keep the lists from getting TOO out of hand by people adding every single game they've heard announced :lol:. This goes for any and all systems. My list is as follows.

PS2:

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s (this franchise is the sole reason I still even own a PS2, as I HATE the 360's controller, but this 80s edition seems like the "last hurrah" for it since the 360 controller got a makeover and is said to again function like the PS2 controller, ie start/select moving back to their ps2 spot).

360:

NCAA Football 08
NASCAR 08
Madden 08
Guitar Hero 3
Rock Band
EA's Skate
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
MotoGP 07
BioShock
Battlefield: Bad Company
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
GTA IV
Assassin's Creed
Halo 3
Forza 2 (I know, it's out, but I still haven't grabbed it, lol)

I plan on buying all or those on, or close to, their release date. NASCAR, NCAA, Madden, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band, GTA IV, Skate, and Halo 3 will all definately be bought the day they come out, and the others I'll pick up pretty close to their release date. I have still not bought a PS3 as there is nothing that makes me want to grab one right now (aside from BluRay DVDs). All of the multi-platform games I just get for the 360 for the sole fact that I am addicted to those stupid achievements :lol:, and there is no PS3 exclusive that has me feeling like I NEED a PS3 right now, but when I do break down and grab one I'll prolly get Resistance: Fall of Man, Formula One Championship Edition, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Ok, everyone else's turn :up:

muscle979
07-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Figured I'd make a dedicated thread to everyone's games lists since I have seen in a few other threads that people start to list what upcoming games they are planning on purchasing. I'm saying "this year" (as in til the end of December 2007) just to keep the lists from getting TOO out of hand by people adding every single game they've heard announced :lol:. This goes for any and all systems. My list is as follows.

PS2:

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s (this franchise is the sole reason I still even own a PS2, as I HATE the 360's controller, but this 80s edition seems like the "last hurrah" for it since the 360 controller got a makeover and is said to again function like the PS2 controller, ie start/select moving back to their ps2 spot).

360:

NCAA Football 08
NASCAR 08
Madden 08
Guitar Hero 3
Rock Band
EA's Skate
MotoGP 07
BioShock
GTA IV
Assassin's Creed
Halo 3

I plan on buying all or those on, or close to, their release date. NASCAR, NCAA, Madden, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band, GTA IV, Skate, and Halo 3 will all definately be bought the day they come out, and the others I'll pick up pretty close to their release date. I have still not bought a PS3 as there is nothing that makes me want to grab one right now (aside from BluRay DVDs). All of the multi-platform games I just get for the 360 for the sole fact that I am addicted to those stupid achievements :lol:, and there is no PS3 exclusive that has me feeling like I NEED a PS3 right now, but when I do break down and grab one I'll prolly get Resistance: Fall of Man, Formula One Championship Edition, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Ok, everyone else's turn :up:

That's all too rich for my blood. I'll likely limit myself to Guitar Hero 3 (no way I miss this one), GTA IV and Assassin's Creed. All for PS3. I'll probably just rent Madden. And BluRay DVDs are great, you'll probably want to wait and get the PS3 maybe in a year when BluRay likely becomes the standard for HD movies.

King Felix
07-01-2007, 12:26 AM
ncaa football 08
madden 08
halo 3
gta iv
nba 2k8

i think i went in order of when the come out too

Stitches
07-01-2007, 12:42 AM
NCAA Football 08
Blue Dragon (probably not right at release because of NCAA)
Halo 3
GTA IV
Ace Combat 6 (I think the flight stick bundle one)
Assassin's Creed (maybe not at release)
Burnout Paradise (probably not at release)
Devil May Cry 4 (maybe not at release)
Guitar Hero 3
Mass Effect
Need for Speed: Pro Street (definitely not at release though)

If they get good reviews, but probably not right away:
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
Mobile Ops: One Year War

Most anticipated for next year ATM:
The Last Remnant

DisturbedShifty
07-01-2007, 01:08 AM
Forr now I am planing on bying Halo 3 (already half paid off) and Burnout: Paradise. I might get GTA 4, but I am not sure yet.

Cool Calm Mike
07-01-2007, 01:30 AM
NCAA 2008
Madden 2008
GTA 4
Tiger Woods 2008
NBA 2K8
Halo 3

Medieval954
07-01-2007, 01:31 AM
Wii
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
NiGHTS: Journey Into Dreams
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Xbox 360
Grand Theft Auto IV
Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Assassin's Creed
Madden 08
DS
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

As of right now, those are my definites. List will change after E3.

Perfect23
07-01-2007, 01:40 AM
call of duty 4:modern warfare

kane and lynch:dead men

GridIronKing34
07-01-2007, 01:54 AM
My main ones are NCAA, Madden, Halo 3, and GTA IV.

americanmoose84
07-01-2007, 02:37 AM
NCAA Football 08
All Pro Football 08
Madden 08
Guitar Hero 3
EA's Skate
GTA IV

Man am I glad I just started a new job.:err:

HysterikiLL
07-01-2007, 02:47 AM
madden, ncaa

all i play

Despacio
07-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Games I plan on buying for sure, no questions about it, cash or credit card bill be damned:

Halo 3
GTA IV
Mass Effect
All-Pro Football 2K8

Wii
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy

DS
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Ninja Gaiden DS

Of course there are still so many games that we just don't know much about yet that could turn out to be planned buys or the least must rentals like:

Call of Duty 4
Rock Band
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Batallion Wars II
Contra 4 (DS)
Too Human
Kane & Lynch
etc.

I can't remember a Late Summer/Fall season so full of high profile, high potential games like this year is set to be.

AirMarino83
07-01-2007, 03:18 AM
this thread just reminded me of how many good games are coming out. god, it looks like imma have to save up.

VanDolPhan
07-01-2007, 05:16 AM
360:

NCAA Football 08
NASCAR 08
Madden 08
Guitar Hero 3
Rock Band
EA's Skate
MotoGP 07
BioShock
GTA IV
Assassin's Creed
Halo 3

No Mass Effect? This looks to have a shoo-in for RPG of the year so far. Lost Odyssey is still on my list until they officially move it (still saying they will hit for 2007). Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, GTA IV, Madden 08, Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 (whenever that hits...like the odd wrestling game). Too Human might be there if it does make it this year. Mercenaries 2 I know my cousin will get so I'll borrow that off him ;p

Bruzer
07-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Here goes my extensive list....

*Some of these games won't make it out this year possibly.

Xbox360
-----------------
Mass Effect
Assassins Creed (may buy for pc)
Bioshock (may buy for pc)
Alan Wake (may buy for pc)
Army of Two
Grand Theft Auto 4
Mercenaries 2
Kane and Lynch (maybe)
The Darkness
Madden 08
All Pro Football 2k8
Ncaa 08
Splinter Cell Conviction
Unreal Tournament 3 (may get on pc)
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (im a star wars nut)
The Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena
Call of Duty 4 (possibly)
Ace Combat 6 (possibly but not high on my list since if I will get the joystick pack and its a good chunk of change)
World in Conflict
EA Skate (possibly)
Medal of Honor Airborne
Brothers in Arms
Need for Speed Pro Street

PC
-----------------
Team Fortress 2
Crysis
Left 4 Dead (possibly)
Company of Heroes : Opposing Fronts
Age of Conan
Huxley (if it makes it out this year)

Wii
--------------------
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros
Super Paper Mario (havent bought it yet)

Games Announced but are a ways away to release
-----------------------------------------------------
Resident Evil 5
Metal Gear Solid 4
Saints Row 2
Civilization Revolutions (maybe)
Star Wars Force unleashed
Tom Clancy's End War
Fallout 3
Project Offset
God of War 3
Fable 2
F.E.A.R 2
Killzone PS3 (provided how e3 goes)

I also still want to get a ps3.... Also so no one ask I did not forget halo I have no plans of buying it...

Also as someone else stated E3 will change this list even more.

Motion
07-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Need for Speed: Pro Street
GTA IV
Guitar Hero 3
Assassin's Creed
Ace Combat 6
Skate
Madden

Console TBD :D

Agent51
07-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Crap, I forgot to add Army of Two to my 360 list, I've been watching that one since the first trailer came to the XBL Marketplace forever ago.

Also, that Drake's Fortune game looks pretty cool for PS3 whenever I pick one up.

Majpain
07-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Bioshock
Mass effect
SR2
Assassins Creed
Alan Wake
Army of Two
UT3
Too Human
Conan
HellGate London

DrewAlmighty
07-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Madden
Halo
GTA
Call of Duty 4
Rock Band
Guitar Hero

I'm sure more will pop up. I really want to play Transformers.

Ry24
07-01-2007, 11:09 PM
assassins creed! also splinter cell conviction and madden 08

Scatman
07-02-2007, 01:08 AM
360:
call of duty 4
gta4
halo3
bioshock
assasins creed
army of two

for 360 arcade:
new re-animated hd street fighter 2 turbo

ps3:
mgs4
time crisis 4
littlebigplanet
warhawk

mor911
07-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Madden
Halo
GTA
Call of Duty 4
Rock Band
Guitar Hero

I'm sure more will pop up. I really want to play Transformers.
Please don't do it. I ripped it... It's dangerous. It's hazardous. It's F'n horrible. Please for the love of anything that's important to you. Don't do it.

Phin-o-rama
07-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Please don't do it. I ripped it... It's dangerous. It's hazardous. It's F'n horrible. Please for the love of anything that's important to you. Don't do it.

:sidelol:

NoLuck05
07-02-2007, 03:45 PM
halo 3 (the day i lose my life)
assasins creed
army of two (please dont let me down)
bio-shock (wildly skeptical)
gta4 (because paradigm breaking is out of the question, steal cars and kill hookers)
mass effect

and i also plan on getting a wii, no matter how hard i fought it, its possibly one of the best things to ever happen to gaming

Stitches
07-02-2007, 04:14 PM
halo 3 (the day i lose my life)
assasins creed
army of two (please dont let me down)
bio-shock (wildly skeptical)
gta4 (because paradigm breaking is out of the question, steal cars and kill hookers)
mass effect

and i also plan on getting a wii, no matter how hard i fought it, its possibly one of the best things to ever happen to gaming

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one.

Motion
07-02-2007, 04:19 PM

I think its yet to be determined. I think it very possibly could be.

NoLuck05
07-02-2007, 04:21 PM
i got a little overzealous on that statement, yes...but i love the wii

however i dont like how twilight princess plays on it with the wiimote...mega gay

SpurzN703
07-02-2007, 04:34 PM
I always rent games before I buy them. That being said, I'll give Guitar Heo, Madden 2008, Halo 3, and GTA:IV a shot.

I dunno how you guys can affors 20+ games

Enforcerfin33
07-02-2007, 04:37 PM
I second that, no online, graphics are second rate, the controls actually seem to hinder gameplay on some games. I think the Wii was an excellent try, but it seems more like a fad item to me.
anywho
G. Hero the 80's
G. Hero 3
Maybe Transformers
Madden 08
NBA 2k8

NoLuck05
07-02-2007, 04:59 PM
wii has wireless built in, you can downlaod games which are available for online play, they have a web browser, surfing youtube is awesome, even a webiste specificly designed for playing games online with the wiimote(like addictinggames.com), it has up to the minute news and weather listings on the wii globe...the graphics come on par with the price...and price seems to win as it has outsold the ps3 to shame. the controls you are right about aswell, wii needs to stop gunning for the big releases and play into its strengths with things like wii sports, which is incredible by yourself or playing with a bunch of friends. the wii is in a completely different sect of gaming consols as well as games, its only failure as of late, is realizing that

ok i'm done with my sales pitch

ps, does anyone thing call of duty is getting a little redunant? possibly parallel to seeing a new madden every 3 months?

Majpain
07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
It is a fad but its going to have pretty good games. I mean the only Console Id buy over the Wii is the 360. I see no reason to buy a PS3 ATM.

Bills2083
07-02-2007, 05:09 PM
I plan on buying an Xbox 360

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-02-2007, 05:33 PM
I still cannot get myself to buy a Wii.

I am waiting for E3 to see if Sony announces a price drop. Even though Lost Odessey does seem like a fun game.

Still I want a blu ray dvd player and having both in one seems worth it to me. Especially if they fixed the problem with wearing down system like they said they did. Hard to believe Sony when they say, well anything.

NoLuck05
07-02-2007, 06:38 PM
i wont switch my loyalties or anything, i'm an xbox man, i can't drop the controller when gears of war is on...but the wii is just good ol' fashion fun

Bruzer
07-02-2007, 08:31 PM
ps, does anyone thing call of duty is getting a little redunant? possibly parallel to seeing a new madden every 3 months?

I agree to that call of duty i am removing my really want list because gameplay is the exact same just different era. I was sick of call of duty gameplay after 2 thats why I never got 3 was hoping 4 would change it.

VT Dolphan
07-02-2007, 11:53 PM
For 360:
NCAA 08
Madden 08
Guitar Hero 3
GTA IV
Halo 3
Mass Effect

Possibly Two Worlds down the line depending on the reviews.

I'm pissed all these great games are coming out all around the same time. The last game I bought was GH2 back in March and thats all I've played since. I can only listen to Rock n' Roll Hoochie Koo so many times...

FLOUNDER
07-03-2007, 03:08 AM
For my xbox 360 i plan on buying

1. Halo 3
2. Forza 2
3. Ncaa 08
4. Madden 08

orca0
07-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Madden 08