PDA

View Full Version : Floods are judgment on society, say bishops

Celtkin
07-01-2007, 07:08 AM
The summer floods are God's judgment on the immorality and greed of modern society, claim senior Church of England bishops.

One, the Bishop of Carlisle, even said that the introduction of pro-gay laws had provoked God to send the storms that have left thousands homeless.

The bishops argued that while those affected are innocent victims, the flooding was a result of western civilisation's decision to ignore biblical teaching. The Rt Rev Graham Dow, said that the floods were not only a result of a lack of respect for the planet, but also a judgment for decadence.

"This is a strong and definite judgment because the world has been arrogant in going its own way," he said. "We are reaping the consequences of our moral degradation, as well as the environmental damage that we have caused."

Floods are judgment on society, say bishops (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/07/01/nflood201.xml)

DolfinDave
07-01-2007, 01:09 PM
You gotta be kidding me with this stuff. If you believe that God had a direct part in this stuff and did it because people weren't doing what he said, how can you put so much faith and love into a being like that? Its like he is saying, 'ok you have free will, but if you don't do what I want, ill kill innocent people to show how pissed off I am'. How ridiculous is that? It pretty much makes God a terrorist.

ATLFINFAN
07-01-2007, 02:01 PM
You gotta be kidding me with this stuff. If you believe that God had a direct part in this stuff and did it because people weren't doing what he said, how can you put so much faith and love into a being like that? Its like he is saying, 'ok you have free will, but if you don't do what I want, ill kill innocent people to show how pissed off I am'. How ridiculous is that? It pretty much makes God a terrorist.

I dont know if it is GODS handywork or not but, we all do have free will to do what is right or wrong. Eventually, we will reap the rewards or suffer the consequences of our choices. Either now or...... later If we didnt have free will, we would all be puppets. People that dont believe, and even some that do believe, have put the human on a level sometimes higher than GOD. Since I do believe, I understand that HE made us. We really dont matter in the grand scheme of things. In the relationship to time, our life is not even a blip on the scale. According to the Bible, we were put here for HIM. You choose to live for him or not, and again reap what you sow, based on that decision.

ckb2001
07-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Celtkin, you don't really think this falls under "science" or (the icon I mean) :wink:

Scatman
07-01-2007, 04:16 PM
i thoughts floods happened wen chuck norris does a cannonball..... guess my bad though