PDA

View Full Version : Raiders lose Rhodes for Miami game

PhinPhan in MA
07-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Oakland Raiders RB Dominic Rhodes was suspended (http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2007/07/03/rhodes-suspended/) for the first four games of the regular season for violating the substance abuse policy. That means that he will not be playing in the game against Miami.

This isn't huge news by any means, and I would never wish a player to get in trouble like this, but if it's going to happen, at least it's during the week the Raiders play Miami. It's just one less option they'll have in the backfield. Miami can now most likely expect LaMont Jordan to get the bulk of the carries during the game with rookie Michael Bush possibly shouldering some of the load.

Aqua4Ever04
07-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Nice! Their offense will have absolutely no spark in the early part of the year. If we lose, it's going to be a long season.

Tetragrammaton
07-04-2007, 01:47 AM
We should beat them no matter what. There is no excuse for losing to an offense that bad.

Roman529
07-04-2007, 02:05 AM
We should beat them no matter what. There is no excuse for losing to an offense that bad.

EXACTLY....We should be ashamed if we can't beat the Raiders,,,with or without Rhodes. :rolleyes:

Perfect23
07-04-2007, 02:13 AM
who cares that game was gonna be a cake walk anyway

mattgilm
07-04-2007, 03:51 AM

No team in the NFL can be called cake because on any given Sunday that team could win. The Dolphins have lost many easy, should have win games in their recent past.:ninja:

Dolfan5000
07-04-2007, 04:39 AM
**** like that is why we loose the games we should win

don't count on it before you know what they'll be like the week before the game

the raiders are a young team that commonly get undermined by everyone out there and with the draft they had and players coming back i would expect them to make a couple upsets

FiveStar
07-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Hopefully we wont play crappy against the worst teams n good against the good teams. We should jus win against everyone.

Its not like Rhodes is good enough tot ake over the game for Oakland so its no big deal

Hargitt01
07-04-2007, 10:29 AM
I am not happy about this. You know why? That means that Michael Bush will start. If you don't know him you will. I think the Phins will win but lets not call it a cake walk. Bush is a Beast.

dlockz
07-04-2007, 10:31 AM
I am not happy about this. You know why? That means that Michael Bush will start. If you don't know him you will. I think the Phins will win but lets not call it a cake walk. Bush is a Beast.

Actually Lamont Jordan will start.

Vertical Limit
07-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Yeeah well if Michael Bush is healthy, then we got another little problem. That team is loaded on runningbacks.

Vertical Limit
07-04-2007, 10:36 AM
lol He won't start, but he will get touches, that's exactly what I was thinking as soon as I read Rhodes is suspended.

Motion
07-04-2007, 10:36 AM

Bush is a rookie who has been out of football for a year, I think I'd take my chances.

Besides, Jordan will start.

Geforce
07-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Yeeah well if Michael Bush is healthy, then we got another little problem. That team is loaded on runningbacks.

It doesn't matter if they are loaded at running back. If their offensive line doesn't block effectively for them then they will have nowhere to run.

Hargitt01
07-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Bush is a rookie who has been out of football for a year, I think I'd take my chances.

Besides, Jordan will start.

Yeah I know he has been out but I am pretty sure that he is healthy now. Do you know what his stats were in the game where he got injured? He had well over 150yds rushing and 2 or 3 td's. in the first half. About Lamont Jordan, overrated. I have watched Michael Bush since I joined UofL's drumline back in 03' this guy is for real. Raiders getting him in the 4th round was the best pick of their draft. I think he will start, he will beat out Jordan in camp.

Hargitt01
07-04-2007, 10:54 AM
It doesn't matter if they are loaded at running back. If their offensive line doesn't block effectively for them then they will have nowhere to run.

That's a true story. Their offensive line is thrash and our D will probably eat them up. Just thought I would through Michael Bush into the mix.:cooldude:

Hargitt01
07-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Actually Lamont Jordan will start.

That's not guarenteed, with training camps still to be had Jordan could easily get beat out by Bush. Even after being out last year the guy is healthy. I would take a healthy Bush over an overrated back like Jordan.

Geforce
07-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah I know he has been out but I am pretty sure that he is healthy now. Do you know what his stats were in the game where he got injured? He had well over 150yds rushing and 2 or 3 td's. in the first half. About Lamont Jordan, overrated. I have watched Michael Bush since I joined UofL's drumline back in 03' this guy is for real. Raiders getting him in the 4th round was the best pick of their draft. I think he will start, he will beat out Jordan in camp.

How can he beat out Jordan in training camp if he's not 100%. The Raiders would be wise to not rush him back just because Rhodes is suspended for the first four games of the season.

Vertical Limit
07-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Geforce, you just said the story of the Miami Dolphins. With that theory, I guess we won't be running much either, as our offensive line has not proved us that they can work consistently. Besides, isn't the Raiders defense Top 5? Yeah, I think we're in for a long ride.

dolpns13
07-04-2007, 11:38 AM

We lost to Houston last year. Hopefully we dont have a repeat of that crap...Houston owns us though sad to say

Alex44
07-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Geforce, you just said the story of the Miami Dolphins. With that theory, I guess we won't be running much either, as our offensive line has not proved us that they can work consistently. Besides, isn't the Raiders defense Top 5? Yeah, I think we're in for a long ride.

Our offensive line actually run blocked pretty average at times last season. The Raiders line didn't do anything average last season.

Hargitt01
07-04-2007, 11:47 AM
How can he beat out Jordan in training camp if he's not 100%. The Raiders would be wise to not rush him back just because Rhodes is suspended for the first four games of the season.

Do you have a link that says he isn't 100%.

Alex44
07-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Do you have a link that says he isn't 100%.

Considering he couldn't even run at the combine I'll go out on a limb and say he isn't 100% yet.

IN-FIN-ITY
07-04-2007, 11:51 AM
he likes the juice?

Aqua4Ever04
07-04-2007, 05:00 PM

An injured college running back who will have not taken a snap in a year, and a guy who split carries with a rookie (and if he was so good, why did they draft the rookie any way?) I wouldn't exactly call that "loaded" at running back.