------------------------------------

Backups

RB Amos Zereoe

QB Tommy Maddox

WR Travis Taylor

RB LaMont Jordan

D Philip Buchanon

D Allen Rossum

Allen Rossum will be replaced, i picked him by mistake.

im gonna use Plaxico Burress as trade bate ... he's a no.1 or no.2 receiver for some of the teams in the league... im gonna trade him for a RB.

thoughts? which RB do you think i should go after? (be realistic :D i wont be able to take LT, Ricky or Priest .. im talking about the next group).. Travis, Deuce and J.Lewis cant be taken either as i know the owner and he doesn't wanna trade any of'em..

i was thinking Fred Taylor, Edgerrin... i want a sleeper RB.

sec15
08-03-2003, 09:54 AM
You may want to consider O. Smith from the Vikings. Word is he's going to start, and the team led the NFC in rushing with no-name backs. I'm still not a big fan of Pennington, but if you like him, great!

You have excellent receivers, and you may want to even consider trading Randy Moss for someone like Marshall Faulk or Tiki Barber. I guess it depends on how your league scores points. Meanwhile, Barlow isn't THE man in SF, so you'll have to see how that goes.

TypicalBill
08-03-2003, 10:37 AM
The thing is, the scoring system of this league is very sensitive .. take a look for yourself League settings and scoring page (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/show?page=leaguesettings&lid=198010)

Pennington is accurate and doesn't throw many incompletions (the fact that he's in a WC offense plays a big part in that)

very strange league settings if you ask me, but i drafted according to the scoring system.. i think the players i have will perform well under the system applied here.

sec15
08-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Wow - I've never seen things like that. In that case, Pennington should be a good pick. Interceptins can kill you (where it really costs -2.5 since it is also a complete pass.)

I'm glad I'm not in that league. Too much to remember points wise.

Barbarian
08-03-2003, 10:24 PM
Well, as for the next tier of RB's I would say go with James if you can get him, he is one year removed from the knee surgery now and should be poised for a good comeback season now.

TypicalBill
08-04-2003, 09:15 AM
ive just been offered:

WR Brown (oak) + RB J.Stewart

for

WR Burress

but i declined.... :D

im gonna go after the owner of Corey Dillon... He seems to be a perfect fit for my team.. im now trying to put up a trade offer that he wont decline.. any suggestion? you have a link to the league on the top of the page.. i want a good trade offer to offer him. The player im willing to trade is Burress and i want Dillon...

t2thejz
08-04-2003, 10:03 AM
Its a very solid team

TypicalBill
08-04-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by t2thejz
Its a very solid team

Thanks

MOULDSROCKS
08-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Try to get Corey Dillon if possible. I expect him to improve on last year with the emergence of Chad Johnson to take soem pressure off him.

If you can, drop Johnson and pick up Morgan. He's Clevelands REAL #1. He led the team in yards and TD's last year.

TypicalBill
08-07-2003, 08:47 AM
im going after Correy Dillon hard, he declined my last offer which was Plaxico Burress for Dillon ( you never know :happydrin ) ... but now im gonna offer him a serious one.. we'll see...

TypicalBill
08-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Im happy... i now have 2 starting RB's with Zereoe named the starter for the Steekers.