PDA

View Full Version : Bills lose scrimmage to Browns



Gonk
08-03-2003, 10:23 AM
18-6 Browns. I know it doesn't mean anything really, but Buffalo losing at anything usually brightens my day.

The Bills first team offense couldn't get a score, but their defense seemed to play good.

http://buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=197444

ZOD
08-03-2003, 10:38 AM
"They looked pretty strong today," Bledsoe said. "It looked like the Browns has some problems getting back to the line of scrimmage in the running game. If they can play at that kind of level all year it would make things significantly easier for us as an offense and will allow us to win some games defensively."


The Browns have a running game ? Who knew ?

Clumpy
08-03-2003, 11:21 AM
Both of the Browns TDs would have been overturned if there was replay :D

MDFINFAN
08-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Sounds like the Bills D has indeed improved.

PhinsTD
08-03-2003, 12:14 PM
Clumped, come on man. You have no idea what would have happened if there was instant replay. Remember the play has to be conclusive to overturn the ruling on the field.

Sounds like the excuses are starting already to me.

Justasportsfan
08-03-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Phinstd
Clumped, come on man. You have no idea what would have happened if there was instant replay. Remember the play has to be conclusive to overturn the ruling on the field.

Sounds like the excuses are starting already to me.

Excuses are your job. :D

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/0803D81D258_billsnotes03_bills.shtml

Justasportsfan
08-03-2003, 12:39 PM
Bring on Ricky and his running game.

http://bills.theinsiders.com/2/164331.html

Clumpy
08-03-2003, 12:51 PM
This is not going to be the same defense :D

Marino1983
08-03-2003, 12:52 PM
:lol: Don't worry justa, Ricky is more then up to the challenges from all the defenses on the Dolphins schedule !!! The question is,, are the defenses ready for a more improved Rick Williams ??

Ricky has PROVED he can receive and GIVE the punishment of a 16 game schedule ....

:pirate:

Marino1983

Marino1983
08-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
This is not going to be the same defense :D




So this means it will be worse ?:confused: Can it get much worse ? :goof:

Marino1983

Clumpy
08-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Let's git it on!! :D

Clumpy
08-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Bills D will finish top 10 in the NFL

Marino1983
08-03-2003, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by justafan
[B]Bring on Ricky and his running game.




Better be careful justa .... Invitations can come back and haunt the person who request a presence !!;)

Marino1983

TypicalBill
08-03-2003, 01:00 PM
they didn't get to score against our first D ... they scored against the 2nd team ... :D


Our first team D didn't allow a single point.


The Bills' starting defense held Cleveland to 16 net yards in 15 plays in its one series on the field.

0 points against our starting D LINK (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030803/1046232.asp?1046232.asp)

fins1
08-03-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Bills D will finish top 10 in the NFL

For most points and yards given up!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Marino1983
08-03-2003, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TypicalBill
[B]they didn't get to score against our first D ... they scored against the 2nd team ... :D


Our first team D didn't allow a single point.





Wow :rolleyes: ..... Why not just hand the lombardi trophy over to the Billy goat f-o now:confused: ....

Get a grip, it was only a scrimmage !!!

:goof:

Marino1983

TypicalBill
08-03-2003, 01:08 PM
LMAO!! ... i thought you guys were the ones that started a thread about this "scrimmage" ... but you're right... the final 2 preseason games will show us what the D will really look like..scrimmages dont mean much.

Justasportsfan
08-03-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Marino1983
[QUOTE]Originally posted by justafan
[B]Bring on Ricky and his running game.




Better be careful justa .... Invitations can come back and haunt the person who request a presence !!;)

Marino1983

M83, I am one who loves a challenge. If the fins beat the bills, good for you. One things for sure, the bills aren't going to be laying down and giving up at any point of the game. The fins will have to earn that win.

One things for sure, RW won't be running for 200 yards against us. He'll have to work and take hits to even get 100. Bring it. I love our chances against the fins.

Dolfan984
08-03-2003, 03:04 PM
Jay went 12-14, with one of those being a spike in the two min drill.

It's scrimmage. Don't take anything heavily.

Marino1983
08-03-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by justafan


M83, I am one who loves a challenge. If the fins beat the bills, good for you. One things for sure, the bills aren't going to be laying down and giving up at any point of the game. The fins will have to earn that win.

One things for sure, RW won't be running for 200 yards against us. He'll have to work and take hits to even get 100. Bring it. I love our chances against the fins.




I agree with part of your response justa .... I love rivalries and YOU know my feelings about your team :D !! As I have posted before your jills have improved that D, as to how much that remains to be seen ..

The Dolphins have addressed a % of holes and questionable positions... Even if you do not like B Griese you have to admit that he is a MAJOR improvement over R Lucas ... A position that in a lot of fans opinions,, cost the Phins opportunities to win !!

No the Dolphin f-o did not make a big media splash signing a major f-a like the jills.... But quietly the Dolphins have brought in more talent and savvy veterans that can make plays and know how to win !!!!!!

Sept 7th cannot come fast enough for me ........:lol:

Marino1983

finfan54
08-03-2003, 05:37 PM
just remember this, the bills didnt see the real dolphins last year. they wont be able to just key on ricky no mo. no way no how. and ill be laughing my ars off when it happens. sunday night football and listening to Paul mgwire whine about holding all day on the fins. fins 24 buffalo 13 :lol: :lol:

Can we win a SB
08-03-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by fins1


For most points and yards given up!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHA, 10th worst defense probably!!

TigerJ
08-03-2003, 10:51 PM
If I remember correctly, Fin fans were pretty high on Lucas as a backup before the season started.

I know Ricky Williams is a more potent RB than William Green, but I have a feeling that the Bills run defence has made a quantum leap this year vs. an incremental improvement by Ricky. BTW, I think Travis Henry will be improved too. We'll see how it all shakes out in September.

Prime Time
08-04-2003, 02:30 AM
Guys it isn't even a pre-season game...it is a scrimmage. Let's wait until the season starts...that is when the losses count.

Justasportsfan
08-05-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by finfan54
just remember this, the bills didnt see the real dolphins last year. they wont be able to just key on ricky no mo. no way no how. and ill be laughing my ars off when it happens. sunday night football and listening to Paul mgwire whine about holding all day on the fins. fins 24 buffalo 13 :lol: :lol:

Has the fins faced the real bills this year? ;)