PDA

View Full Version : Dirt for the 360 is a blast

theghost
07-06-2007, 12:14 PM
I have really enjoyed this game so far, the graphics are great, the cars handle a little more touchy then in Forza, but the variety of races and vehicle type keep you interested. One race i ran last night, the road was wet and there was fog. The cars get dirty as you run the race, plus the damage is great, they even keep track of how many times you roll your car or truck. If you love to race then buy this game.

Phin-o-rama
07-06-2007, 12:48 PM
if the multiplayer aspect was better, i would have already bought it....the graphics are better than forza imo....the demo was cool...i may still pick it up

Agent51
07-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Speaking of Forza comparisons (and I apologize to ghost for going a bit off-topic), I played the demo of Forza and the damage is pretty crappy looks-wise, is it any better in the final version? It just looks really cheap in the demo and I'm hoping it's because it's a demo. Like when something falls off there is just black there, nothing from the underbody showing, or you tap something and the entire side/front gets those REALLY ugly looking "scratched paint" effects, except the entire thing covers with them even if you lightly tap someone/something, so it looks like you just drove through a belt sander or something. IDK, I just think the damage modeling in the demo is horrible and was wondering if it's better in the full version.

As far as DiRT, rally-racing isn't my thing, I've never been a fan of the games, but this demo is pretty fun to play. I would never buy it because liek I said, it's not my kind of game, but it might be worth a rent just so I can check out the different vehicle and track options.