PDA

View Full Version : All Pro Football 2K8 -- MERGED 5X

DENVERDOLFAN
07-06-2007, 05:47 PM
The last picture on this page is Marino getting ready to fire. Someone more proficient than I am can probably post the picture.

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/1717/AllPro-Football-2K8/p2/

Silverphin
07-06-2007, 09:05 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/1183683520-1.jpg

Despacio
07-07-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm going to go the ANY GIVEN SUNDAY route and create the Miami Sharks with all black unis and of course the one and only Dan The Man leading the way.

Bruzer
07-07-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm going to go the ANY GIVEN SUNDAY route and create the Miami Sharks with all black unis and of course the one and only Dan The Man leading the way.

Thats actually a really good idea lol.

Tpaddle
07-07-2007, 03:53 PM
cant wait for this game

Perfect23
07-07-2007, 05:47 PM
it reminds me of the replacements and any givin sunday

Dolfan32323
07-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Stadium looks alive in that photo.

DENVERDOLFAN
07-10-2007, 02:33 PM
The ex-Dolphin players in this game and their teir ratings are -

Gold - Marino, Stephenson, Little
Silver - Fryar, Langer, Webb, Buonticonti, Dick Anderson
Bronze - Nathan, Eric Green, Drayton, Yepremian, Offerdahl, Tony Martin

StormSurge
07-10-2007, 02:48 PM
I would've rather seen Ferrell Edmunds over Troy Drayton.

Motion
07-10-2007, 03:25 PM
The ex-Dolphin players in this game and their teir ratings are -

Gold - Marino, Stephenson, Little
Silver - Fryar, Langer, Webb, Buonticonti, Dick Anderson
Bronze - Nathan, Eric Green, Drayton, Yepremian, Offerdahl, Tony Martin

Bummer, no Oliver, Clayton, or Duper?

Stitches
07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Bummer, no Oliver, Clayton, or Duper?

I loved Oliver and Jarvis Williams.

Is Steve Atwater in the game? I loved him too, even though he was a Bronco. Maybe my perception of him being really good is distorted by my age.

dolphinfn3454
07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Quick question. Is this game only being made for 360 and PS3?:unsure:

mor911
07-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Quick question. Is this game only being made for 360 and PS3?:unsure:yes, both.

dolphinfn3454
07-10-2007, 03:52 PM
I gotta save up my money and get me one of those. Im sick of my PS2.:tantrum:

StormSurge
07-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Is Steve Atwater in the game? I loved him too, even though he was a Bronco. Maybe my perception of him being really good is distorted by my age.

I love, love, love Louis Oliver, as my avatar suggests.

DENVERDOLFAN
07-10-2007, 05:04 PM

Sorry, no Atwater either. Dick Anderson and Jake Scott were much better players than these three though, and Anderson is in the game.

Quelonio
07-12-2007, 05:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/070712

I figured I would post this here... kinda fun article on the game.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-12-2007, 05:40 PM
LOL @ Pass to the other team ability

aquaman54
07-12-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm going to go the ANY GIVEN SUNDAY route and create the Miami Sharks with all black unis and of course the one and only Dan The Man leading the way.I like the way you're thinking....One of my favorite movies. "GO CAP ROONEY"!!!

aquaman54
07-12-2007, 06:09 PM

Where's my boy Offerdahl?!!!

aquaman54
07-12-2007, 06:12 PM
cant wait for this game
GOD...I hope and pray this game moves and plays as good as it looks!!! I will be in HEAVEN!!! Please/Please/Please let it play like it looks....I won't ask for anything else!!!:D

DENVERDOLFAN
07-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Where's my boy Offerdahl?!!!

He's in. See post #8 for all former Phins in the game.

Slappy8800
07-12-2007, 06:21 PM
this game looks so lame

burton87
07-16-2007, 02:30 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/l_d5ed425de4645c132bb2a128e693a266-1.gif

burger13
07-16-2007, 08:26 AM
1 more day!!!!!!

mor911
07-16-2007, 08:35 AM
does it ship today? or go on sale today?

burger13
07-16-2007, 10:06 AM
does it ship today? or go on sale today?

not sure about shipping....the guy at Gamestop told me they would have it on tuesday.

Stitches
07-16-2007, 10:19 AM
not sure about shipping....the guy at Gamestop told me they would have it on tuesday.

I bet they already have it in back. :wink:

Enforcerfin33
07-16-2007, 10:34 AM
GOD...I hope and pray this game moves and plays as good as it looks!!! I will be in HEAVEN!!! Please/Please/Please let it play like it looks....I won't ask for anything else!!!:D
As long as it plays like the series, it should be fine.

DrewAlmighty
07-16-2007, 10:53 AM
this game looks so lame

Seriously... I don't see why all the hype.

mor911
07-16-2007, 11:57 AM
After playing NCAA all weekend... I seriously can't wait for this. So tired of the EA football formula.

Stitches
07-16-2007, 11:59 AM
After playing NCAA all weekend... I seriously can't wait for this. So tired of the EA football formula.

What about Wanny's?

Run, run, pass, punt. :wink:

Enforcerfin33
07-16-2007, 12:55 PM
EA..different title same game...has been for yrs.

burger13
07-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Seriously... I don't see why all the hype.

In a lot of peoples opinions.....the gameplay of 2K football is FAR superior to that of Madden. This is the return of that after a 3 yr hiatus. So that is why there is so much hype. You don't have to agree...but for those who loved the last game they made it's a very big day.

Enforcerfin33
07-16-2007, 02:00 PM
In a lot of peoples opinions.....the gameplay of 2K football is FAR superior to that of Madden. This is the return of that after a 3 yr hiatus. So that is why there is so much hype. You don't have to agree...but for those who loved the last game they made it's a very big day.
I NEVER purchased a Madden game until the 2K series was gone. I have always been a huge fan of the engine and feel of the series.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-16-2007, 02:12 PM

There are a lot of people opinions that madden was far superior than that of 2k. I never understood either. I felt one was good at some things and the other was better at soem things.

However I do think that 2k8 looks like it could be a fun game. Say what you want but 2k was a quality football game that deserved to be mentioned up there with Madden (Unlike gameday once it went to ps2 or quarterback challenge).

Since they can't mess up drafting aspect of drafting mode, which is one thing the 2k series SUCKED AT HARD CORE. In fact so many stupidity of franchise mode. The game RAN OUT OF KICKERS!! Teams had like 4 kickers on them. Sorry sorry, old 2k series rant of mine. I loved the game, but they sucked at franchise mode.

theghost
07-16-2007, 02:27 PM
2K should have gotten the football license

and EA should have gotten the baseball license

mor911
07-16-2007, 03:09 PM

and EA should have gotten the baseball licensecouldn't agree more.

Enforcerfin33
07-16-2007, 03:11 PM
The only thing funnier then Madden commentating football, would have to be Baseball.

dolphinfn3454
07-16-2007, 03:12 PM

Ya I loved MVP Baseball 2005 by EA. Now EA only has the college baseball game which I think is better than MLB The Show. Im a big Madden fan tho so im happy EA has the rights to football but i still think 2k should still be able to make NFL games for the people who don't like Madden.

Tpaddle
07-17-2007, 12:40 AM

true, but mlb 2k7 is a great game...i think they should have gotten both licenses :wink:

Slappy8800
07-17-2007, 05:44 AM
mlb 2k7 is not a great game...its an OK game...nowhere near great tho

Bruzer
07-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Mlb 2k7 is the first baseball game I have ever liked so in my opinion its the best baseball game ever made.

Stitches
07-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Mlb 2k7 is the first baseball game I have ever liked so in my opinion its the best baseball game ever made.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/griffey-1.jpg

Bruzer
07-17-2007, 07:30 AM
I guess I can't compare to the old ones I never played nintendo ones I was not into sports until i got much older.

arsenal
07-17-2007, 07:31 AM
so has anyone played it, i thought it came out yesterday?

Pagan
07-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Comes out today.

Pagan
07-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Then you need to pick up "MLB 07: The Show".

TOTALLY wastes 2K7.

Despacio
07-17-2007, 11:15 AM

:lol: That was a downright amazing game, it made playing baseball fun to me. And I'm not even remotely a big baseball fan. My brothers best friend (back when we were kids) once stayed up all night putting in the real names of all the players. Great, great game.

zachequalsgod
07-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Anyone played the game yet?

burger13
07-17-2007, 11:38 AM
going to pick it up at lunch!!

I'll post some impressions after.

mor911
07-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Finally released... I'll get it after work

http://www.abgx.net/filename/?ch=6

Sethdaddy8
07-17-2007, 01:57 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

best evar

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-17-2007, 02:07 PM
I love baseball stars.

When is a bird not a bird?

When it is a wren.

When isn't it?

When it is.

burger13
07-17-2007, 02:10 PM
alright.....stop hijaking the thread!! lol

I was able to play a little more than 1 game, and.....I don't know quite yet what to think. It's unmistakably 2k Football which is GREAT!!!!!!! But not much more....which is a little disappointing.

I guess what I'm saying is that I couldn't be happier to have a new 2K football game to play, but I guess I expected something revolutionary because it's next-gen, and I don't feel that's what this is.

Of course, this is only my opinion, and after only about 1 hour of play....so take it for what it's worth.

arsenal
07-17-2007, 02:18 PM
*still off topic: baseball stars was one of my favorite games of all time, getting money to get better player, i used to cheat and play the all girls team for their prestige but just control both teams and win 10-0 with the mercy rule in the first inning to win the money, haha... i built some sick teams...

Sethdaddy8
07-17-2007, 02:28 PM
*still off topic: baseball stars was one of my favorite games of all time, getting money to get better player, i used to cheat and play the all girls team for their prestige but just control both teams and win 10-0 with the mercy rule in the first inning to win the money, haha... i built some sick teams...

thats EXACTLY what i would do.

back on topic, anymore reviews? I've never played any 2K games? hows the create a team deal? how does it play, is it fun?
i have ninja gaide sigma, ande resident evil 4(wii) both unopened. i don't have time for all these games, but i need a football fix. ncaa did not impress me.

burger13
07-17-2007, 02:51 PM
back on topic, anymore reviews? I've never played any 2K games? hows the create a team deal? how does it play, is it fun?
i have ninja gaide sigma, ande resident evil 4(wii) both unopened. i don't have time for all these games, but i need a football fix. ncaa did not impress me.

Create a team - select 2 GOLD tier players, 3 SILVER tier and 6 BRONZE tier players (any position). Next you choose either a balanced, pass blocking or run blocking oline. The rest of your team is radomly generated. (One note is that the generic players aren't scrubs....they were making some plays. )

Afterwards you cutomize the team (city, nickname & logo, stadium, and uniform design). The cities and logos are preset, no customization....but there is quite a bit of customization on the unis. I was able to create the Miami Porpoises and have them look pretty similar to our Phins.

As far as your other question.....IMO, it plays better than any football game this side of NFL 2K5 (ie better than Madden, NCAA, etc.....And this is from someone who's played those nonstop since last fall).

If fun to you is a realistic sports game, with good presentation then Yes, it's fun.

NoLimit84
07-17-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm contemplating about getting this game today. Does anyone that play it have any idea how setting up a game would be if you wanted to play a friend? Do you have to go through the whole thing of setting up the team before you play or are their pre-determined teams that you use?

burger13
07-17-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm contemplating about getting this game today. Does anyone that play it have any idea how setting up a game would be if you wanted to play a friend? Do you have to go through the whole thing of setting up the team before you play or are their pre-determined teams that you use?

the first thing that happened when I started the game was it took me to the screen to start putting my team together. I didn't try to skip it or anything, but it didn't look like you could. If you don't concern yourself with modifying the team or unis or anything....selecting the team only takes a couple of minutes.

Of course, you should only have to do this once for each profile....because you should have your team saved for you (won't know for sure to I go home and fire it up again).

UltraDol-Fan
07-17-2007, 05:45 PM
I played it a little at lunch and plan to play tonight at friends since my XBox is still broken. Lots of fun, if you didn't like 2k5 you probably won't like this one. The controls are almost identical and the player movements are for the most part too. You're not going to change direction on a dime without losing a lot of speed and you are not going to be able to just jerk the stick around to move either, you have to be smooth. The tackles are the best I've seen, and the team selection is a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

One cool ability is some players have the 'signal stealer' ability, which will occassionally flash the oponents play on your screen so you know what they are doing. It rocks.

Sethdaddy8
07-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Create a team - select 2 GOLD tier players, 3 SILVER tier and 6 BRONZE tier players (any position). Next you choose either a balanced, pass blocking or run blocking oline. The rest of your team is radomly generated. (One note is that the generic players aren't scrubs....they were making some plays. )

Afterwards you cutomize the team (city, nickname & logo, stadium, and uniform design). The cities and logos are preset, no customization....but there is quite a bit of customization on the unis. I was able to create the Miami Porpoises and have them look pretty similar to our Phins.

As far as your other question.....IMO, it plays better than any football game this side of NFL 2K5 (ie better than Madden, NCAA, etc.....And this is from someone who's played those nonstop since last fall).

If fun to you is a realistic sports game, with good presentation then Yes, it's fun.
thanks

Tpaddle
07-17-2007, 08:58 PM
fun game...marino is sick

Phinsome
07-17-2007, 09:09 PM
this game looks so lame

EA employee.

Pagan
07-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Only got to play for a little bit before the Yankee game came on, but MAN....so far REALLY good!

Bruzer
07-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Yea I played some last night after work I went and bought it. So far I love what I have seen.

Enforcerfin33
07-18-2007, 08:40 AM
This game alone makes me want to get a 360.

Stitches
07-18-2007, 08:44 AM
This game alone makes me want to get a 360.

:yes:

Then you can get Madden in a month. :chuckle:

:goof:

mor911
07-18-2007, 09:06 AM
I got it late last night.

The game

Created my team in about 40 mins. Although you have to select your city, logo, and stadium from pre-created stuff, there's a lot of customizations. You can modify just about any color in the uniforms and logos. There's TONS of logos, cities, and styles for you to choose from. No two teams should be the same.

There's a lot of old school players (some i've never heard of :( ) and I do wish there were more.

The play

It is very pretty. The atmosphere in the stadiums are great. The crowd is loud and awesome. EA should definitely take a hint on how to make a crowd look alive. The stadiums are huge and fun. The grass doesn't look as good as EA games... but I'm over that.

The player models look great. MUCH more realistic than EA football. They actually look like football players and not steroid freaks. WRs look slim, fast, and agile, while RBs look beefy, rough, and tough. Good stuff. The tackle and breakaway animations are awesome. The players feel more like actual football (remember 2K5). Like someone said above, there's no quick direction changes without speed penalties... It's definitely a welcome feel. The hits are hard, and the game is fast.

I don't like the playcalling. Kind of hard to see what you actual defensive play is sometimes when the box is overwhelmed with zone circles. Runing plays on offense don't seem to show you exactly which hole you should be hitting. It isn't bad, just not perfect. With this is the return of the X, A, B selecting from one of the 3 plays on screen (YES!!!)... Never understood why EA took that away.

Overall

I think the game is a blast. Stayed up WAAAAY too late playing it. Got my but kicked by Unitas and OJ Simpson. Still a blast. Can't wait for Mindwarp, Stern, modman2real, and myself to make our own ficticious league and goto town.

The Fort Lauderdale Pirates (wanted Butt Pirates, but this was good enough) FTW!!!

Gold - The Mor (WR) and Walter Peyton (RB)

Gripes

I have one major gripe. Gold players. Some people might like this, but it was annoying to me. Gold players (in my case, OJ Simpson then some gold cornerback) seem to walk all over the rest of the team. I could be something wrong (probably likely)... but it just seems that OJ and Peyton could run the ball no matter what D the opposition selects.

I realize that these guys are playmakers and that's why they're gold. But damn. It's ridiculous that on a 3rd and 4 I'd rather hand the ball off and count on 1-3 broken tackles for a gain than go for some sort of short pass.

Just my take. We'll see as i play more.

Enforcerfin33
07-18-2007, 09:18 AM

The game

Created my team in about 40 mins. Although you have to select your city, logo, and stadium from pre-created stuff, there's a lot of customizations. You can modify just about any color in the uniforms and logos. There's TONS of logos, cities, and styles for you to choose from. No two teams should be the same.

There's a lot of old school players (some i've never heard of :( ) and I do wish there were more.

The play

It is very pretty. The atmosphere in the stadiums are great. The crowd is loud and awesome. EA should definitely take a hint on how to make a crowd look alive. The stadiums are huge and fun. The grass doesn't look as good as EA games... but I'm over that.

The player models look great. MUCH more realistic than EA football. They actually look like football players and not steroid freaks. WRs look slim, fast, and agile, while RBs look beefy, rough, and tough. Good stuff. The tackle and breakaway animations are awesome. The players feel more like actual football (remember 2K5). Like someone said above, there's no quick direction changes without speed penalties... It's definitely a welcome feel. The hits are hard, and the game is fast.

I don't like the playcalling. Kind of hard to see what you actual defensive play is sometimes when the box is overwhelmed with zone circles. Runing plays on offense don't seem to show you exactly which hole you should be hitting. It isn't bad, just not perfect. With this is the return of the X, A, B selecting from one of the 3 plays on screen (YES!!!)... Never understood why EA took that away.

Overall

I think the game is a blast. Stayed up WAAAAY too late playing it. Got my but kicked by Unitas and OJ Simpson. Still a blast. Can't wait for Mindwarp, Stern, modman2real, and myself to make our own ficticious league and goto town.

The Fort Lauderdale Pirates (wanted Butt Pirates, but this was good enough) FTW!!!

Gripes

I have one major gripe. Gold players. Some people might like this, but it was annoying to me. Gold players (in my case, OJ Simpson then some gold cornerback) seem to walk all over the rest of the team. I could be something wrong (probably likely)... but it just seems that OJ and Peyton could run the ball no matter what D the opposition selects.

I realize that these guys are playmakers and that's why they're gold. But damn. It's ridiculous that on a 3rd and 4 I'd rather hand the ball off and count on 1-3 broken tackles for a gain than go for some sort of short pass.

What about the Audio presentation? Is there Commentating? Music?

mor911
07-18-2007, 09:24 AM
The in-game audio is a generic-sounding announcer (not sure if he's a classic ESPN announcer or something). The names of the teams and players roll off his toungue very well as if they are real teams and not made up. I like it. The actual commentating isn't great, but it isn't bad either. In between certain plays (big plays usually 3rd and short or important game changing plays) there are some on field talking and yelling. I loved hearing Walter Peyton motivate the line when he yelled "We need 1 yard! Gimme a block!!"

As for music, there's the typical 2K menu music that's mostly rap stuff. Nothing special. They probably don't have 10 gazzilion bucks to blow on a soundtrack like EA does.

burger13
07-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Gripes

good review. I agree with most everything....except from what I've seen, the GOLD legends haven't been as dominant as they have been for/against you. I played as Payton, and against Barry, and neither really did too much. In fact, I almost felt there wasn't enough dominance from the GOLD players. The fact that we got 2 different experiences in this regard is a good thing IMO.

Motion
07-18-2007, 09:39 AM

The game

The play

Overall

Gripes

Great review Mor. Sounds like a fun game.

mor911
07-18-2007, 09:59 AM
good review. I agree with most everything....except from what I've seen, the GOLD legends haven't been as dominant as they have been for/against you. I played as Payton, and against Barry, and neither really did too much. In fact, I almost felt there wasn't enough dominance from the GOLD players. The fact that we got 2 different experiences in this regard is a good thing IMO.
Your post truly made me happy. I agree 100% that it's a great thing that you and I had very different experiences in regard to gold players. It shows that they can be stopped and I simply hadn't played enough to see that.

Maybe the D's I was playing against (with peyton) was all coverage and no run stopping. Good stuff. Peyton's on field dominance was actually scaring me.

Mindwarp
07-18-2007, 10:23 AM
I need this game.

UltraDol-Fan
07-18-2007, 10:50 AM
I played against a friend last night and he picked Ronnie Lott, and holy crap that guy was everywhere, he got 3 interceptions and would make almost all the tackles until I started going away from him. He would literally shut down half the field on every play. Also I made a team that is almost identical to the 'Fins. The Miami Fish, I took the ORCA logo and with a few color changes it looks really close. If I find an easy way to copy the code I'll type it up and post it here (that's another cool feature, if you have a cool uniform it will give you a code that you can copy and use for other teams without having to change all the stuff again, you just enter the code and it switches all the colors and styles)

mor911
07-18-2007, 10:59 AM
I played against a friend last night and he picked Ronnie Lott, and holy crap that guy was everywhere, he got 3 interceptions and would make almost all the tackles until I started going away from him. He would literally shut down half the field on every play. Also I made a team that is almost identical to the 'Fins. The Miami Fish, I took the ORCA logo and with a few color changes it looks really close. If I find an easy way to copy the code I'll type it up and post it here (that's another cool feature, if you have a cool uniform it will give you a code that you can copy and use for other teams without having to change all the stuff again, you just enter the code and it switches all the colors and styles)
Cool! Interest check -- People can create their APF2K8 teams then we create a thread where we all post our team layouts. This way, folks (like me) that are creating fun fake leagues will be able to kinda have other owners (teams made by real people) instead of the CPU generated ones.

Firesole
07-18-2007, 12:00 PM
So I take it this is a must have game? I wanted to wait to hear you guy's feedback on it before buying it yesterday.

UltraDol-Fan
07-18-2007, 12:23 PM
it's a must buy if you like the 2k5 style of football.

DENVERDOLFAN
07-18-2007, 01:22 PM
The thing I like best about it is that it plays like real football. You need to have your feet set to throw the ball. You can't just change direction without penalty. Basically you can't just play the whole game with the ball in Michael Vick's hands and dominate. You have to make wise defensive decisions or you will get burned. You can assign a man to specific offensive players. On the normal difficulty level you need to stay in the game to win. You can't carry on a conversation with your buddy while wandering around with Vick and then turn upfield and score. My only complaint thus far is the kicking game is hard to figure out (no meter, it tells me im either slightly early or very early). At least I have the direction down. I created Paul Warfield, Bill Stanfill, Bob Baumhower and Nat Moore to round out my fins team with Marino, Stephenson, Webb, Anderson, Nathan, Offerdahl and Yepremian. I find it more fun to play as my all time favorites than the current ones.

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Work has kept me away from playing this game as much as I want to, but I did get a couple games in last night.

Very cool to hear "Dan Marino" mentioned in a videogame again... it's been a long time. :D

Marino is great, with great arm strength and that quick release. Almost feel bad using him. Almost. :lol:

Surprising how much fun it is to create your own players, pick legends, and even the generic guys seem like "real" football players.

The kicking will take more practice to get better at, and I can see how spending a star on a kicker or punter might be worth it.

If you liked the 2K football games of the past, odds are very good you'll like APF 2K8. If I didn't already own a 360, I'd have bought one JUST for this game. Right now, Halo 3 and Mass Effect will be bonus games for me, as APF 2K8 makes gaming in 2007 a good year already.

Bruzer
07-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Work has kept me away from playing this game as much as I want to, but I did get a couple games in last night.

Very cool to hear "Dan Marino" mentioned in a videogame again... it's been a long time. :D

Marino is great, with great arm strength and that quick release. Almost feel bad using him. Almost. :lol:

Surprising how much fun it is to create your own players, pick legends, and even the generic guys seem like "real" football players.

The kicking will take more practice to get better at, and I can see how spending a star on a kicker or punter might be worth it.

If you liked the 2K football games of the past, odds are very good you'll like APF 2K8. If I didn't already own a 360, I'd have bought one JUST for this game. Right now, Halo 3 and Mass Effect will be bonus games for me, as APF 2K8 makes gaming in 2007 a good year already.

I got use to kicking pretty quick my first game I had to make a 54 yarder with my bronze kicker to win it. The one from miami I can't remember name now.

Although I agree its awesome it is a great football game and a nice change. I have played a couple games I took a break though I need to take a break lol. I was lucky to have the day off lol.

JL25
07-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Sounds like a fun game. Can't wait to play it. Waiting for it on gamefly but looks like they didn't get my game back on time to ship it, and it's now low avail. I did receive NCAA 08 today, so it should keep me busy till then.

burger13
07-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Code for Dolphin unis in 2k8 (as close as the game allows...which is pretty close):

YgPb98ubniNiVzRt8kNyGcWNvrJyMgddXNRS6DKBaHuyNn9JAnbfNCnqukjn3g8K8d

DolFan707
07-18-2007, 11:55 PM
hey thanks for that code; i tried to do the same thing but my numbers on the jerseys did not look as good as yours; thanks

mor911
07-19-2007, 12:25 AM
where do you input the design codes?

Despacio
07-19-2007, 01:44 AM
where do you input the design codes?

You go to create a new team, pick your players, logo, stadium. You then go to the EDIT TEAM PACKAGE part, you know where you edit your jersey and colors and press the Y button. It should bring up a menu that give your current code and asks if you would like to enter a new one.

I like that we get codes, but man they are ridiculously long, reminds me of the NES days, except worse. :)

mor911
07-19-2007, 08:48 AM
I love that they give the code option... The ability to transfer packages via XBL would be cool as well.

BTW thanks for the info on inputing the codes.

Dolfan32323
07-19-2007, 09:03 AM
I found this on the xbox forums (geek, yes I know but I love APF2k8).
http://forums.xbox.com/1/14040129/ShowPost.aspx#14040129
There are codes in that thread for NFL unis, the Dolphins are the first one (where they belong). Check out the pics of them in the photobucket link on the top of the page. If anyone wants to play me in this my gt is Bailey Bones.

Dolfan32323
07-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Code for Dolphin unis in 2k8 (as close as the game allows...which is pretty close):

YgPb98ubniNiVzRt8kNyGcWNvrJyMgddXNRS6DKBaHuyNn9JAnbfNCnqukjn3g8K8d
I'll have to check this out. DIdn't see it before I made my thread. Mods feel free to combine the two.

Mindwarp
07-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Question is the Code just for Uni's or for whole Teams?

burger13
07-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Question is the Code just for Uni's or for whole Teams?

just for unis.

here's what the code I gave before will yield:

Enforcerfin33
07-19-2007, 09:48 AM
That is awesome.

Mindwarp
07-19-2007, 09:49 AM
nice jorb.

burger13
07-19-2007, 10:06 AM
there are a ton of people doing different unis and post codes on the 2k forums and on operatiosports.com

it's pretty simple to make an accurate uniform....all the options are right there (almost easier than enter those long-*** codes!!)

Enforcerfin33
07-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Just watched some game footage from youtube, the commentators are the original ones from the series, which for me is great.The gameplay just looks great. There is one clip of a game in the rain and you can barely see, it just looks so real. Even the coin toss looks great.

Enforcerfin33
07-19-2007, 10:14 AM
fsaJuCvsKMU

UltraDol-Fan
07-19-2007, 12:10 PM
I actually made my Dolphin's logo the Orca, I like it a bit better.

#1 Fan
07-19-2007, 01:16 PM
fsaJuCvsKMU

cool video. wow, one team is full of 49ers. running still looks really difficult.

DrewAlmighty
07-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Man, that commentary is godawful.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-19-2007, 01:24 PM
This game would just be user awesome if they could of gotten more former NFL players. I am not talking about more stars. I am talking about players who played a few years and are decent who would love just to be in a football game again. It would be cool if they had Mark Higgs, John Bosa type players instead of random made players.

Enforcerfin33
07-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Man, that commentary is godawful.
eh...I like it....its old school..

Stitches
07-19-2007, 01:32 PM
This game would just be user awesome if they could of gotten more former NFL players. I am not talking about more stars. I am talking about players who played a few years and are decent who would love just to be in a football game again. It would be cool if they had Mark Higgs, John Bosa type players instead of random made players.

There are random players?

I just assumed they only included real (old) players.

mor911
07-19-2007, 01:40 PM
This game would just be user awesome if they could of gotten more former NFL players. I am not talking about more stars. I am talking about players who played a few years and are decent who would love just to be in a football game again. It would be cool if they had Mark Higgs, John Bosa type players instead of random made players.i think it'd get too expensive... royalties are a *****.

Slappy8800
07-19-2007, 01:52 PM
gameplay doesnt look like anything special.

Mindwarp
07-19-2007, 01:58 PM
im sure also, as the first installment they will leave more players for other versions.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-19-2007, 02:04 PM
i think it'd get too expensive... royalties are a *****.

I would send out invites. I am sure there are a lot of people who only played 3or 4 years in the NFL who would think it would just be cool to make it into a video game.

Mindwarp
07-19-2007, 02:08 PM
I would send out invites. I am sure there are a lot of people who only played 3or 4 years in the NFL who would think it would just be cool to make it into a video game.

I am sure there are a lot of people who only played 3or 4 years in the NFL who would think it would just be cool to make a few $$ again

arsenal
07-19-2007, 02:11 PM
fsaJuCvsKMU

dope that flea flicker looked sick

StormSurge
07-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Burger, are you going to set up a league at some point?

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-19-2007, 02:22 PM
I am sure there are a lot of people who only played 3or 4 years in the NFL who would think it would just be cool to make a few $$ again

they would just need a percentage of them.

Firesole
07-19-2007, 04:50 PM
I bought this game and I liked it. Although I definitely need some practice. So far I can do pretty good passing wise, I'm ok at the run, but I can't kick for crap. I need some defensive practice as well. I've played 2 games and lost both due to the kicking game.

AirMarino83
07-19-2007, 05:22 PM
game looks good. im just glad there is an alternative to madden.
i also think next installments should have ex nflers to fill up the rosters.

Dolfan984
07-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Is there another QB in the game with BOTH Lazer arm and Cannon arm or is Marino the only one :evil:

mor911
07-19-2007, 05:47 PM
built a new team with Marino and Rice as my golds. used my silvers for D and my bronzes for an o-line and I was a TD machine.

Time in the pocket + Rice = blowout

WinkyNutz
07-19-2007, 06:53 PM
I was seriously on the fence about buying this game, largely because I was concerned about a lack of depth without a franchise/dynasty mode (which has been my favorite part about the recent NCAA & Madden editions). But as a fan of the 2K series and after deciding I was going to take a break from EA sports football (after two disappointing seasons), I picked myself up a copy last night.

I have to say that this is probably the most fun I've had PLAYING a football game since 2k5. It feels a bit more deliberate than last year's Madden, but to me it really enhances the game and adds a sense of realism to the action. You can actually see the holes and running lanes develop, you can time your receivers breaks, you really get to see plays develop. The animation is fluid and the defensive AI is excellent (I love watching the safeties bite on play-action, it's beautiful). It is simply buttery-smooth, 2k-style goodness, and it feels great.

As for the lack of a franchise mode? I was surprised to find how much fun it is to create a team and design your own uniforms (or replicate existing NFL ones). Also, experimenting with different player combinations when picking your team and adjusting your playbook to fit their strengths definitely adds to the depth of the game. Playing in on-line leagues over Xbox Live could be some serious fun as well.

One thing that kind of annoys me is that you can't play against one of your created teams, it seems that they are only user-controlled. Disappointing, because I was looking forward to making a version of the 49ers and kicking the hell out of 'em with my Dolphins legends.

Nonetheless, I have to echo the sentiments of many on this board and say that this game is a must-buy for anyone who is a fan of the old 2k football series, or for anyone looking for a Madden alternative. If anyone wants to put together a Finheaven league, I'm totally down.

njphinatic1
07-19-2007, 09:02 PM
the graphics look average . what do u think?

Dolfan984
07-19-2007, 09:06 PM
built a new team with Marino and Rice as my golds. used my silvers for D and my bronzes for an o-line and I was a TD machine.

Time in the pocket + Rice = blowout

See I was thinkin, Marino and a gold defensive player, silver RBs and WRs and fit in everything else

I guess it's because I can see almost everyone using Rice :lol:

burger13
07-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Burger, are you going to set up a league at some point?

fo shizzle.

I'm starting up a trial league right now just to get a feel for everything....I'll keep you in mind for the real thing.

WinkyNutz
07-20-2007, 01:41 AM
the graphics look average . what do u think?

The graphics aren't groundbreaking by any means, but to me they're acceptable. The animations, however, are top notch and really add to the realism of the game. Watching a power back running through arm tackles and bowling people over as they grasp at the air never gets old :)

Joe Flipper
07-20-2007, 02:35 AM
I have lost 2 many games because of the KICKING GAME....any TIPS ?

The game is great but the KICKING SUCKS !!!

OR could be 2 many BEERS ??

:wink:

Despacio
07-20-2007, 03:35 AM
I tried to replicate the early 70's unis the Dolphins wore a couple years ago when they spanked Dallas on Thanksgiving day.

There are a couple of problems the first being that the color of the collar has to be tied to the sleeve stripe colors, resulting in a colored collar when there shouldn't be one. The other problem being the varying aqua colors that can look different depending on the lighting, and maybe even TV.

Feel free to tweak it to your preference. For example, I used the most intense white, you may want to bring that down a bit. Just preference.

Anyways, here are the pics and code:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/10401158-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/54275178046-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/100_1462-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/100_1440-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/100_1438-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/100_1444-1.jpg

CODE:

rhevGskU8y5rLbL84MFGnGa7LBRfXtvWGSJZQgD8yQbVt6piUpxaRqZpJaAMi62arc

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-20-2007, 04:16 AM
I have lost 2 many games because of the KICKING GAME....any TIPS ?

The game is great but the KICKING SUCKS !!!

OR could be 2 many BEERS ??

:wink:

Spend a bronze star on a kicker. Seriously. I was "okay" offline with my kicking, but online it's even HARDER to make a FG or get a decent kickoff. The sacrifice of a bronze means more points per game and better field postion. Well worth it.

Bruzer
07-20-2007, 06:51 AM
I seem to be fine kicking i get perfect everytime. Its just timing right as he is going to kick you got to press up on the joystick.

Firesole
07-20-2007, 08:58 AM
I played online yesterday with a guy. His team just about mirrored mine. I was wondering if it was one of you guys! LOL

My team was the Miami Sharks, led by Dan Marino and Barry Sanders.

His was the Miami Hammerheads led by Elway and Sanders.

It was so weird to play Miami vs Miami. Everytime I looked at the scoreboard I couldn't figure out who was winning!

Good news. Miami won! in OT :(

BALLS DEEP
07-20-2007, 09:13 AM
I have it for xbox 360. How do I use the code.?

StormSurge
07-20-2007, 10:37 AM
fo shizzle.

I'm starting up a trial league right now just to get a feel for everything....I'll keep you in mind for the real thing.

Sweet.

UltraDol-Fan
07-20-2007, 11:56 AM
My team is the Miami Fish with Dan Marino and Mike Singletary...although I'm probably going to swith out Mike. Not many people I've played run the football enough to make him worth it. Maybe I'll get Ronnie Lott

Dolfan32323
07-20-2007, 01:13 PM
DUDE, that is awesome!

To use the code make your team and when you are editing jerseys hit Y and you can enter the code.

Thanks!

Dolfan32323
07-20-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm using the Miami Hammerheads with Lott and Sanders. Good stuff.

Dolfan32323
07-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Is there any other way to input the code or do you have to type it manually?

mor911
07-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Is there any other way to input the code or do you have to type it manually?long hard way

Firesole
07-20-2007, 03:49 PM
That's sweet! Mind if I rob it from ya?

What happens when you play at home, or is this the only uni you have?

What did you make your team name?

Dolfan32323
07-20-2007, 04:24 PM
long hard way
:tantrum: that sucks. Thanks for the reply.

Dolfan32323
07-20-2007, 04:25 PM

I alternated the jerseys a little. Made the Aqua home and white away since it can get confusing online

UltraDol-Fan
07-20-2007, 05:09 PM
I think the ridiculously long code and lack of a import code feature is a ploy to sell those little controller add-ons that give you a QWERTY keyboard

mor911
07-20-2007, 05:12 PM
I think the ridiculously long code and lack of a import code feature is a ploy to sell those little controller add-ons that give you a QWERTY keyboard:lol: :sidelol:

So true

Despacio
07-20-2007, 05:37 PM
I alternated the jerseys a little. Made the Aqua home and white away since it can get confusing online

Cool, yeah I like the all-white best and like to play at home, and made the aqua tops on white pants the away colors. I've yet to get online. I blame Saban since he hardly let the Fins wear anything else these past two years except white on white. I guess I got used to them most.

Also, I'm on the 360. It seems some people have had problems inputting codes from one system onto the other, the PS3. Not sure if it's true.

Despacio
07-20-2007, 05:38 PM

I made white on white home, and aqua on white away, feel free to tweak it. Called my team the Miami Porpoises.

TheAnswer385
07-20-2007, 09:27 PM
i plan on renting this i hope it has sweet game-play.

Enforcerfin33
07-20-2007, 09:41 PM
i plan on renting this i hope it has sweet game-play.
It does, I find the gameplay good, is it just me or do the players seem slow though?

Uncle Rico II
07-21-2007, 01:46 AM
I played one game and was pretty disappointed. It just seemed kinda dull. My friend is coming over to play it tomorrow, can we stack our teams with good players or still limited with the 2 gold, 3 silver player picks?

phinfan77
07-21-2007, 11:16 AM
is offerdahl in it? I loked and saw bunicotti instead

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-21-2007, 12:24 PM
is offerdahl in it? I loked and saw bunicotti instead

Yes he is, just remember the players are listed under Gold, Silver and Bronze, not one big list.

Oh, and Uncle Rico? Dull is not the word for APF 2K8. Lacking single player offline depth? Sure. The fact you want to stack your team tells me a lot about your gaming style. :D

Dolfan32323
07-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah Offerdahl is in it. he's been doing good for me online.

Dolfan32323
07-21-2007, 02:00 PM
You're just used to Madden Enforcer.

Uncle Rico II
07-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Yes he is, just remember the players are listed under Gold, Silver and Bronze, not one big list.

Oh, and Uncle Rico? Dull is not the word for APF 2K8. Lacking single player offline depth? Sure. The fact you want to stack your team tells me a lot about your gaming style. :D

I don't play online if that is what you are assuming. When my friend and I play we do a fantasy draft and both have stacked teams (he's a bills fan but Miami vs Buffalo can get old.) I do single player and I'll say I think this game stinks. 2k5 still rules.

Bruzer
07-21-2007, 02:43 PM
I don't play online if that is what you are assuming. When my friend and I play we do a fantasy draft and both have stacked teams (he's a bills fan but Miami vs Buffalo can get old.) I do single player and I'll say I think this game stinks. 2k5 still rules.

Each to their own. I personally love it great change from madden.

Uncle Rico II
07-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Each to their own. I personally love it great change from madden.

Yeah there are some things I like about playing it and I think the graphics are better than I expected. I don't really hate the game I think I might have been too pumped up about it. I have very low expectations for the next madden so maybe I'll be surprised by 08.

Despacio
07-22-2007, 04:42 AM
It does, I find the gameplay good, is it just me or do the players seem slow though?

Go to game options and turn the Game Speed to fast instead of the default normal.

Enforcerfin33
07-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Ok, heres my take on the game:
Graphics: Top of the line,the background, crowd, is amazing. I love how they focus in on the star players. The weather is great. You can actually tell its raining in this game, over just hearing it or seeing it in certain shots, like Madden. The player models are detailed replicas of the actual players they are suppose to represent, which is nice.

Gameplay: You are not going to get away with half of the stuff against the AI in this game that you would in Madden. The deep pass is alot more difficult to achieve in 2k8, then even I remember it being in 2k5. The QB mechanics are touchy making it hard to pass at times. And I have found even the "Gold" star QB's throw it in wierd spots at times. The kicking game is a pain, IMO. You have to be right on every time, almost no room for error.

Entertainment: Once you have beat the season, there is really nothing left, except build another team and do it all over again. I was really dissapointed in the overall playbook and the commentating. At first I was delighted that the commentating was the same crew from 2k5, until I realized that it was almost the same exact audio that was in that game. They say almost nothing original, and it gets repetitive quickly, but so does Madden. But to this games credit it is a little more realistic than Madden. The Gang tackling feature is great. The whole star system is, ok. I dont get why you only get 2 but other teams get 3, or 4, and so on. And again, the lack of overall depth in the rosters gets to you.

All in all this is a very good game, and a great change of pace game from Madden. But you can tell quicky this is not the NFL. Which for some might be good. But for me, I am sticking with Madden. I look forward to the next installment to see if some of the quirks get worked out.

Uncle Rico II
07-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Man I agree with that 100%. I read somewhere that you can get more than 2 gold star players by unlocking acheivements or something. I also heard some of the computer teams get 3 or more gold players to be kinda like the NFL, like a Colts vs Browns. They really made the passing game realistic but the running game is a little too easy. I was killing with Natrone Means as my back.

phins2k3
07-23-2007, 10:39 AM
The video is not the best since it was my digital camera and not direct stream and excuse me for my game play but I was playing with one hand and recording with my digital camera on the other one but I created a Miami Dolphins team on APF 2k8 and got most of the important players on the team.I even got a dolphin logo that looks darn close to the real one,considering this game can't have any real NFL players or team logos.Let me know what you think.If you want to play some SIM football add me to your friends list my gamertag is NemesisEnforcer.Pe@ce!

Update;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyZyC6V4Ggc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiDN8noe8-0

Dolfan984
07-23-2007, 06:53 PM
The video is not the best since it was my digital camera and not direct stream and excuse me for my game play but I was playing with one hand and recording with my digital camera on the other one but I created a Miami Dolphins team on APF 2k8 and got most of the important players on the team.I even got a dolphin logo that looks darn close to the real one,considering this game can't have any real NFL players or team logos.Let me know what you think.If you want to play some SIM football add me to your friends list my gamertag is NemesisEnforcer.Pe@ce!

Update;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyZyC6V4Ggc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiDN8noe8-0

awww i thought you were gunna have Marino. cool vids anyway

WinkyNutz
07-25-2007, 09:36 PM
so is anyone down for a finheaven league?

Joe Flipper
07-25-2007, 10:24 PM
so is anyone down for a finheaven league?

Y E S !!!

:)

MrEncinas
07-26-2007, 12:36 PM
One of my Dolphins teams

Gold:
Dan Marino
Larry Little

Silver:
Dick Anderson
Irving Fryar
Jim Langer

Bronze:
Jason Taylor (created)
Tony Nathan
Mark Clayton (created)
Sam Madison (created)
Mark Duper (created)
John Offerdahl

and my 72 team

Gold:
Larry Little
Larry Csonka (created)

Silver:
Jim Langer
Nick Buoniconti
Dick Anderson

Bronze:
Paul Warfield (created)
Mercury Morris (created)
Earl Morrall (created)
Manny Fernandez (created)
Jake Scott (created)
Norm Evans (created)

Dolfan11
07-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Been a while since I've posted on here (not like anyone would remember me anyways), but I've always been a Madden fan. Untill I played 2K8. The gameplay is incredible. Nothing like it. I actually love the legends and the whole create a team aspect. Great game, enjoying every minute.

I'm interested in making certain players like Duper, Clayton, Csonka, Oliver, Warfield, Kick, Griese, and whoever else is considered a legend in a Dolphin uniform. My problem is the abilities. Since I wasn't around when most of them played I don't know what abilities to assign them, or what star. I know it's based on opinion, but I'm sure some of you know more or less what ability to give a player.

For example, I don't want to give Duper a speed burner cause I don't know if he was. Or if I should make him a bronze or silver star? Same with the rest of them. Any feedback would be great, since i'd like to create them as accurate as possible.

DENVERDOLFAN
07-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Duper - bronze (speed burner)
Clayton - silver (acrobatic catches, soft hands)
Csonka - gold (bulldozer, power, arm of steel)
Oliver - bronze (big hit)
Warfield - gold (soft hands, acrobatic catches, route god)
Kiick - bronze (mr. 3rd down)
Griese - gold (leadership, pocket presence, cadence)