PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: Conviction

Enforcerfin33
07-07-2007, 02:17 AM
I was reading in Game Informer a preview for this game and it looks amazing. I have never really been a fan of the stealth games, etc. , but this one just looks like it is a whole new experience.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/902/902601.html#previews

The adventures of Sam Fisher continue in the fifth entry of the stealth-based series. In this game, all of the rules have changed, as the storyline takes a dramatic turn that will reinvent the Splinter Cell franchise forever. Fisher can no longer rely on his trusted bag of tools and iconic goggles. He's gone beyond being a double agent. Now he's a fully fledged fugitive without the intel of 3rd Echelon or the support of his friends. This time around, Fisher is going to need more than just a dark corner to survive...
Experience original game play based on improvisation where your environment becomes your weapon. You need to react to changing situations and use the environment and the crowds around you to create diversions and deter your enemies.

Bruzer
07-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Yea I made a thread awhile ago on it on same game informer lol. Although yea it does look cool and a nice change.

Despacio
07-07-2007, 09:42 AM
It's nice that they are changing it up, but personally I'm just tired of the Splinter Cell series (what are we on, the fifth one in five years?). With all the great games coming out this year I think this one will get lost in the shuffle.

JPhinfan86
07-09-2007, 03:57 AM
I'm an enormous fan of the series, have been since the beginning. What I'm concerned about is the new installment betraying the tradition of the series. I've seen one video that showed Sam kicking and punching like mechanics not unlike a fighter. I completely understand the substaction of Sam's NSA gear and such but I'm also concerned the use of simply his hood and crowd movement won't be capable of facilitating what the game has been in terms of stealth. I'm curious to see where they'll go because there is little chance they'll be able to return to Sam's gig as an actual agent. They may end up following a "new" Splinter Cell or (game-God forbid) they may end the series altogether. I just hope it's done right, they have yet to fail at Ubisoft.