PDA

View Full Version : How Much Could I Get for This?

Brown42000
07-07-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm thinking about selling my PS2 Slim with all the cords it comes with along with 15 games, 3 controllers, and a memory card. How much do you guys think I could get for all that?

Agent51
07-08-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm thinking about selling my PS2 Slim with all the cords it comes with along with 15 games, 3 controllers, and a memory card. How much do you guys think I could get for all that?

Prolly not a lot if you do it through EB Games (or Game Stop, whatever they call themselves these days). My brother told me he traded in everything he had to get a 360 and he only got $254. He traded all this:

PS2

System (with all wires plus extra wires like an extra A/V and an RFU one)
2 controllers
3 memory card
17 games including titles as recent/popular as Guitar Hero 2 and God of War 2

XBox

System (with all wires)
2 controllers, 1 memory card
DVD playback kit
12 games

that's a LOT to only get $250 for, and that was WITH a promo they were running that was the extra 20% off oj system trade-ins and 10% extra on game trade-ins, so it would have been even less had they not timed it right.

Point being, I wouldn't set your hopes too high for what you can get for it. Maybe before the 360/PS3 came out you coulda gotten a good amount somewhere (like eBay or a friend or something) but now that 3 next-gen systems are out (well, 2 and the Wii :lol:) you prolly won't make that much on an old system.

Brown42000
07-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Prolly not a lot if you do it through EB Games (or Game Stop, whatever they call themselves these days). My brother told me he traded in everything he had to get a 360 and he only got $254. He traded all this:

PS2

System (with all wires plus extra wires like an extra A/V and an RFU one)
2 controllers
3 memory card
17 games including titles as recent/popular as Guitar Hero 2 and God of War 2

XBox

System (with all wires)
2 controllers, 1 memory card
DVD playback kit
12 games

that's a LOT to only get $250 for, and that was WITH a promo they were running that was the extra 20% off oj system trade-ins and 10% extra on game trade-ins, so it would have been even less had they not timed it right.

Point being, I wouldn't set your hopes too high for what you can get for it. Maybe before the 360/PS3 came out you coulda gotten a good amount somewhere (like eBay or a friend or something) but now that 3 next-gen systems are out (well, 2 and the Wii :lol:) you prolly won't make that much on an old system.
If I were to sell it I wouldn't go to Gamestop they ripped me off once already, I was to put it on ebay hoping to get some good cash on it. Just the other day I saw a package just like mine go for over $1000 dollars.

playmaker1
07-08-2007, 02:29 PM
I'll give you $10,000 Phin Dollars for it all

Brown42000
07-08-2007, 02:34 PM
I'll give you $10,000 Phin Dollars for it all
:lol:

QuenteK25
07-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Screw gamestop or any of those places. Go with Craigslist or ebay