PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football League

Barbarian
08-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Considering starting up a new Yahoo private league for FinHeaven members, since the other league filled up and there seemed to be interest still I thought we would just start up another one.

Anybody thats interested in joining just sign in below or PM me (preferably though if everybody signs in on this thread)

I'm thinking offline draft in the forums, but we'll see.

dean_siu
08-03-2003, 10:54 PM
Count me in.....just let me know when the draft is!

MarinoFan4Life
08-04-2003, 11:41 PM
Is this league gonna happen??? If so let me know...

Barbarian
08-05-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
Is this league gonna happen??? If so let me know...

If we get enough people to sign up for it, it is.

We need at least 10 total (7 more now) but I think it would be better if we got a full 12.

sec15
08-05-2003, 11:03 AM
I'll do it.

Barbarian
08-06-2003, 02:12 AM
okay... we need 6 more people at least.

MOULDSROCKS
08-06-2003, 09:08 PM
5 more

Barbarian
08-07-2003, 06:23 AM
okay, 5 down, 5 to go.

Barbarian
08-07-2003, 07:55 AM
Okay guys, the league is set up on yahoo.

ID# 306547
Password: qwerty

MarinoFan4Life
08-07-2003, 09:09 AM
I'm in... why don't we do our draft on these boards with like an hour to make a pick or somethin... that live draft will be hard for me to make...

TypicalBill
08-07-2003, 09:14 AM
so is this just Dolphin fans?

MarinoFan4Life
08-07-2003, 10:40 AM
LoL... I don't think so. I would say feel free to join, just make sure you don't win... We don't wanna get beat by a Bills fan... LoLoL

TypicalBill
08-07-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
LoL... I don't think so. I would say feel free to join, just make sure you don't win... We don't wanna get beat by a Bills fan... LoLoL

im not good at fantasy football anyway ;)

btw, if its a live draft one count me in ... i dont know if i can do a thread one ...

that is if im allowed to join.

TypicalBill
08-07-2003, 02:53 PM
im in!

Barbarian
08-08-2003, 12:23 AM
Yeah, it will have to be a live draft... on the bright side if you cant make it, you can set your prerankings to draft for you (I was in 4 leagues last year and one of them was wom by a guy who pre-set his draft and another had a guy in the finals who did that, so the preset draft can hook you up pretty good)

Barbarian
08-08-2003, 12:24 AM
oh, and fans from all teams are welcome, Dolphins, Bills, Pats, Raiders, ummmm Jets fans will have to check with me first though :lol:

dean_siu
08-09-2003, 05:15 PM
i'm in....but please no jets fans! j/k

Barbarian
08-10-2003, 02:28 PM
cool, we have 6 now, 4 more is needed to make 10 (but 6 more would be ideal)

Barbarian
08-12-2003, 03:07 PM
Just to reiterate, we still need 4 more people to make this a 10 team league.

Were still taking signups.

ZOD
08-12-2003, 07:30 PM
Count me in !!!!! Here comes to PM

Barbarian
08-13-2003, 01:23 PM
okay, thats 7, we need 3 more to get our 10.

Come on people!

TypicalBill
08-15-2003, 02:05 PM
how about putting up a thread in the main boards and asking the mods to keep it for a few hours... maybe we can generate some signups that way...

Barbarian
08-15-2003, 06:43 PM
Will do.

Barbarian
08-15-2003, 07:00 PM
Done!

Wyvern_Bob
08-15-2003, 07:16 PM
well it's generated one - I'm in

TypicalBill
08-15-2003, 07:53 PM
2 more to go...

TypicalBill
08-15-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Wyvern_Bob
well it's generated one - I'm in

Welcome!

Barbarian
08-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the party Bob!

Barbarian
08-15-2003, 08:02 PM
Well, so much for the post in the main thread, some jerkwad prick moved it after I very nicely asked them to leve it up there for only today. :yell:

TypicalBill
08-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Yeah, i saw the thread :D

Wyvern_Bob
08-15-2003, 08:06 PM
cheers guys - guess I better go do some research now :nerd: :D

Cover23
08-16-2003, 10:12 AM
if there is still room, I'm in!!!!
#34 MVP

TypicalBill
08-16-2003, 10:55 AM
yup, you have the info needed to get in on the first post of the thread. Barbarian is the league commish... BTW, dont forget to post a message on the front page of the league stating your finheaven ID .. Thanks..

Welcome!!

draft in just about 5 hours... lets get this this rolling people! and if you know a fellow finheaven member who wants to join, please invite him.. we need a couple more..

TypicalBill
08-16-2003, 03:49 PM
im in the draft lobby ... draft starts in 25 minutes ... we've got 9 in so far.. so each week, one of us will geta bye.

Barbarian
08-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Sorry I wasn't there for the draft guys.

Had to take the little lady to the emergency room and didn't have time to give a heads up, I hope the draft went well. I know I had a pretty good auto draft. :)

Good Luck to all!

ZOD
08-17-2003, 06:55 AM
The TBs is the team to beat I think.

I don't think my draft was bad at all either.

UT-Phinz
08-18-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by ZOD
The TBs is the team to beat I think.

I don't think my draft was bad at all either.

TBs is the team to beat??? What you talkin' bout, Willis? :lol:

Here's my comparisoin and breakdown of his team vs. my team...

TBs:

QB - Daunte Culpepper
WR - David Boston
WR - Derrick Mason
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson
RB - Ahman Green
TE - Todd Heap
K - Martin Gramatica
DEF - Tampa Bay

My team (Aqua Annihilators):

QB - Aaron Brooks
WR - Marvin Harrison
WR - Terrell Owens
RB - Ricky Williams
RB - Charlie Garner
TE - Jeremy Shockey
K - Jason Elam
DEF - Philadelphia

K, QB first... Culpepper vs. Brooks.

Culpepper definitely has the potential to resume elite fantasy status IF he can stop turning the ball over. He only has one real weapon at WR in Randy Moss. That's significant, except defenses tend to key up on Moss which can limit his production somewhat as well as leading to picks for Culpepper when he tries to force the ball. Brooks has Joe Horn who is no slouch in his own right, and also Stallworth who is set for a breakout year. I'd give us a pretty even running on QB.

Advantage: NONE

WR - David Boston (3 nagging injuries already in preseason) and Derrick Mason vs. my two starters of Marvin Harrison and T.O. Need I say more?

Advantage: Big time to me

RB - Tomlinson and Ahman Green vs. my starters of Ricky Williams and Charlie Garner. Tomlinson and Williams are pretty much even as far as potential in the coming year. He definitely has me beat in Ahman Green vs. Charlie Garner IF Green Bay doesn't play conservatively with Green to preserve him for the playoff run and in the playoffs themselves. I personally have a feeling that Green is gonna have his touches limited somewhat just to keep him fresh and injury free through the whole year. Good news for Najeh Daveport, bad news for Ahman Green. Charlie Garner on the other hand, is a tough yardage machine catching passes out of the backfield. I give him a slight nod up on our RBs versus each other though.

Advantage: Slightly to TBs

TE - Todd Heap vs. Jeremy Shockey

While both of these Tight Ends are members of the elite three, the general consensus is that Shockey will increase his TD numbers this year and be much more valuable in his sophomore NFL season. Todd Heap is a great TE and one of the biggest receiving threats that Baltimore has.

Advantage: I'd give a slight nod to Shockey over Heap, so this one is barely mine

K - Martin Gramatica vs. Jason Elam

Gramatica is overcoming a groin injury which may or may not effect him at the beginning of the season. Other than that, I'd say kickers are pretty much sixes unless you get the top three of Feely, Akers, or Carney.

Defense: Tampa Bay vs. Philadelphia

Respectively the #1 and #2 defenses in the league. While I give Tampa Bay the edge on this one, I don't think there's a whole hell of alot of difference that is going to make any team defense such a scoring machine that they win your games for you every week.

Advantage: TBs

Based upon that, whaddaya say now?

TypicalBill
08-18-2003, 09:05 AM
sorry he hurt your feelings :D

id say

QB - i have the advantage

RB - i have the advantage

WR - You

TE - Me (look at last years number's and add to that the fact Shockey broke his ribs in his last preseason game)

K - equal

D - Me

we wont know until at the end of the season, but i like my team more :D

Barbarian
08-18-2003, 02:43 PM
well, there are some great teams all around (I can't believe Owens and Harrison lasted as long as they did, especially since I have them listed as my #3 and #1 overall WR's respectively)

TypicalBill
08-20-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by UT-Phinz

TBs is the team to beat??? What you talkin' bout, Willis? :lol:

Here's my comparisoin and breakdown of his team vs. my team...

TBs:

QB - Daunte Culpepper
WR - David Boston
WR - Derrick Mason
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson
RB - Ahman Green
TE - Todd Heap
K - Martin Gramatica
DEF - Tampa Bay

My team (Aqua Annihilators):

QB - Aaron Brooks
WR - Marvin Harrison
WR - Terrell Owens
RB - Ricky Williams
RB - Charlie Garner
TE - Jeremy Shockey
K - Jason Elam
DEF - Philadelphia

K, QB first... Culpepper vs. Brooks.

Culpepper definitely has the potential to resume elite fantasy status IF he can stop turning the ball over. He only has one real weapon at WR in Randy Moss. That's significant, except defenses tend to key up on Moss which can limit his production somewhat as well as leading to picks for Culpepper when he tries to force the ball. Brooks has Joe Horn who is no slouch in his own right, and also Stallworth who is set for a breakout year. I'd give us a pretty even running on QB.

WR - David Boston (3 nagging injuries already in preseason) and Derrick Mason vs. my two starters of Marvin Harrison and T.O. Need I say more?

Advantage: Big time to me

RB - Tomlinson and Ahman Green vs. my starters of Ricky Williams and Charlie Garner. Tomlinson and Williams are pretty much even as far as potential in the coming year. He definitely has me beat in Ahman Green vs. Charlie Garner IF Green Bay doesn't play conservatively with Green to preserve him for the playoff run and in the playoffs themselves. I personally have a feeling that Green is gonna have his touches limited somewhat just to keep him fresh and injury free through the whole year. Good news for Najeh Daveport, bad news for Ahman Green. Charlie Garner on the other hand, is a tough yardage machine catching passes out of the backfield. I give him a slight nod up on our RBs versus each other though.

Advantage: Slightly to TBs

TE - Todd Heap vs. Jeremy Shockey

While both of these Tight Ends are members of the elite three, the general consensus is that Shockey will increase his TD numbers this year and be much more valuable in his sophomore NFL season. Todd Heap is a great TE and one of the biggest receiving threats that Baltimore has.

Advantage: I'd give a slight nod to Shockey over Heap, so this one is barely mine

K - Martin Gramatica vs. Jason Elam

Gramatica is overcoming a groin injury which may or may not effect him at the beginning of the season. Other than that, I'd say kickers are pretty much sixes unless you get the top three of Feely, Akers, or Carney.

Defense: Tampa Bay vs. Philadelphia

Respectively the #1 and #2 defenses in the league. While I give Tampa Bay the edge on this one, I don't think there's a whole hell of alot of difference that is going to make any team defense such a scoring machine that they win your games for you every week.

Advantage: TBs

Based upon that, whaddaya say now?

With Faulk, now i admit you have the better team :D

UT-Phinz
08-20-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by TypicalBill

With Faulk, now i admit you have the better team :D

:D

UT-Phinz
08-20-2003, 06:50 AM
I'm honestly not even sure why that trade landed in my lap. Is McGahee's Crew gonna delete his team and eliminate the bye weeks or something?

Originally he offered me a trade of Marshall Faulk, Randy Moss, and Peyton Manning and was asking me to give back in return Charlie Garner, Travis Taylor, and Chad Pennington. I politely declined his trade offer under the reasoning that it was an obviously stacked trade and nobody in their right mind would really offer that. It would've made my team completely unbeatable.

He came back and offered me Faulk for Garner. I accepted that one because although Faulk has better potential, technically Garner had a better year last year. Their numbers were rather comparable on the ground, although Garner had a hell of alot more passing yardage. That trade could almost be rationalized as something that was somewhat close to even...

Anyways, I'm just waiting for him to delete his time so I can submit my waiver claims. :lol:

Barbarian
08-20-2003, 06:23 PM
I was tempted to jump in and delete the trades untill I noticed he was spreading them around... He's obviously not just trying to boost one player at the expense of his own team, so I didn't stop the trades.

Besides, as much as I hate Moss, I can definately use him. ;)

TypicalBill
08-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Barbarian

Besides, as much as I hate Moss, I can definately use him. ;)

:lol:

MarinoFan4Life
08-21-2003, 02:07 AM
I don't mind getting Peyton either... LoL

Wyvern_Bob
08-22-2003, 07:24 PM
must admit that the trades seemed a bit lopsided but as you said they are being spread around - but as the bengles seem to be trading their team away how about limiting it to just 1 bargin trade (player) to each of the other teams

Barbarian
08-23-2003, 02:09 AM
well, it would seem as though all the real bargains are gone, but from now on I think we should all go on ahead and stop the madness before it gets any crazier, any lopsided trade by the Bengals from here on out, I'll go on ahead and veto unless somebody puts in an objection prior to then.

Everybody in the league cool with that?

ZOD
08-24-2003, 05:43 AM
I'm cool with deleting all his trades as I didn't get offered a good one. :D

I say his team should have been dismantled and entered the waiver wire.

Oh well.

ZOD
08-24-2003, 05:46 AM
Oh I forgot.

I take back "the advantage" post because now I really don't know who has who. Don't care to look at it again either as some dumbass has screwed around with the league.

I haven't seen a worse debacle since................well..........

Since the Hershel Walker Cowboys/Minnesota Vikings trade.

That one lead to three superbowls.

ZOD
08-24-2003, 05:49 AM
Aug 23, 6:59 am EDT Dunn, Warrick (RB-Atl)
Jackson, Darrell (WR-Sea)
trade The TBs Bengals
Aug 23, 6:59 am EDT Garner, Charlie (RB-Oak)
Johnson, Chad (WR-Cin)
trade Bengals The TBs
Aug 19, 11:58 pm EDT Manning, Peyton (QB-Ind)
trade Bengals Brock Marion
Aug 19, 11:58 pm EDT Johnson, Brad (QB-TB)
trade Brock Marion Bengals
Aug 19, 11:57 pm EDT Faulk, Marshall (RB-StL)
trade Bengals Aqua Annihilators
Aug 19, 11:57 pm EDT Garner, Charlie (RB-Oak)
trade Aqua Annihilators Bengals
Aug 19, 11:57 pm EDT Lewis, Jamal (RB-Bal)
trade Bengals The TBs
Aug 19, 11:57 pm EDT Canidate, Trung (RB-Was)
trade The TBs Bengals
Aug 19, 11:57 pm EDT Moss, Randy (WR-Min)
trade Bengals Vacaville Vipers
Aug 19, 11:57 pm EDT Rice, Jerry (WR-Oak)
trade Vacaville Vipers Bengals

Moss for Rice?
Manning for Johnson?
Garner for Faulk?
Lewis for Canidate?
Dunn for Jackson?
Garner for Johnson?

Three were just plain pathetic. Four were for an advantage. I don't see any "even" trades.

I didn't know I would have to babysit the league for stupid trades.

Contrary to the commissioners thought, only three teams benefited from this debacle.

Barbarian
08-24-2003, 07:08 AM
well, he no longer has the ability to continue trading, I have turned off his ability to trade further players.

Lets not forget however that all trades could have been vetoed by the other owners, but nobody spoke up.

Whats done is done however and he will not be screwing around the league anymore.

MarinoFan4Life
08-25-2003, 12:06 AM
which three were just plain pathetic?

Barbarian
08-27-2003, 02:02 AM
Everybody in the league,

Check out my newest post on the Yahoo FFL and respond please.

Barbarian
08-28-2003, 08:33 PM
Okay, well, unfortunately we have a few guys that are maxed out on teams in yahoo, so we won't be able to start up the new league after all.

Sorry guys, I tried. :(