PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice. Core? Premium?

oodolphins
07-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Hey guys. I am getting ready to purchase an Xbox 360. The only thing I am gettting it for is gaming...........not online. I am leaning towards the core system. If I don't have the hard drive, can't I just save my games on a memory card? I would probably play a game all the way through before I purchase another. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

mor911
07-08-2007, 05:17 PM
If you're not going to be going online at all (including never downloading free demos of Live Arcade games) then a core should be ok.

Also, the core isn't HD ready out of the box as it doesn't come with component cables.

Medieval954
07-08-2007, 06:37 PM
If you're not going to be going online at all (including never downloading free demos of Live Arcade games) then a core should be ok.

Also, the core isn't HD ready out of the box as it doesn't come with component cables.

:yeahthat:

Also, if possible, I'd wait until at least next week to see if Microsoft responds to Sony's PS3 price cut.

The Confessor
07-08-2007, 06:50 PM
And whatevrer you do, get an extended warrenty:evil:

Phin-o-rama
07-08-2007, 07:50 PM
And whatevrer you do, get an extended warrenty:evil:

3 years isn't enough!!!

muscle979
07-09-2007, 12:48 AM
You might be the first person I've ever seen that wanted an Xbox but didn't want to play online. I don't have an Xbox but from hearing other people it sounds like you're missing out.

SpurzN703
07-09-2007, 12:26 PM
You might be the first person I've ever seen that wanted an Xbox but didn't want to play online. I don't have an Xbox but from hearing other people it sounds like you're missing out.

I'm the 2nd one then :lol:

I have a Core and don't have much of a desire to play online. Least not yet

Stitches
07-09-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm the 2nd one then :lol:

I have a Core and don't have much of a desire to play online. Least not yet

I hope you don't have Chromehounds. :wink:

theghost
07-09-2007, 01:05 PM

I have no desire to be embarrassed by a 12 year old either :lol:

TheAnswer385
07-09-2007, 01:14 PM
get the core then go online and get a used hard drive cheap. :wink:

SpurzN703
07-09-2007, 03:26 PM
I hope you don't have Chromehounds. :wink:

I don't know what the flip that means so I guess I don't have it/them :tongue:

Stitches
07-09-2007, 03:41 PM
I don't know what the flip that means so I guess I don't have it/them :tongue:

It's a game for 360, but the single player is basically just a training segment for the continuous online war. If you can get in an active clan, the game is tons of fun.

muscle979
07-09-2007, 04:05 PM
I have no desire to be embarrassed by a 12 year old either :lol:

I quit playing Resistance online because I got tired of being killed by probably kids who could run back and forth and hop around and somehow shoot me in the head repeatedly. :lol: I'll probably give it another try after a while. Once I get a hold of the new Madden I should actually be able to compete online at that.