PDA

View Full Version : 80 GB PS3 Coming in August

Brown42000
07-08-2007, 10:20 PM
http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-50340.aspx (http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-50340.aspx)

Agent51
07-08-2007, 10:26 PM
WTH :lol:

I just got all ready to plan on buying the PS3 now that it dropped $100 and included 5 free Blu-Rays, and now this one is announced with a bigger HD. Choices choices, lol. If that 80GB one still applies to the 5 free Blu-Ray DVDs then I'll definately get that, $600 for 20 more GB, a free game (motorstorm for anyone who didn't check the link) plus 5 free movies is pretty sweet.

Brown42000
07-08-2007, 10:28 PM
The five free blu-ray movies will still apply because that deal ends on the last day of October.

Medieval954
07-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Way to go Sony, let's go back to the $599 price by adding a game and 20 gigs. Sony, repeat after me...

$599 IS TOO MUCH FOR A "VIDEO GAME CONSOLE", NO MATTER WHAT IS IN THE BOX.

...This news couldn't be any better for Microsoft and Nintendo. Neither of them have to drop the price on their respective consoles now. Someone should remind Sony they are in a distant 3rd place. Are they really this stupid?

Stitches
07-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Way to go Sony, let's go back to the $599 price by adding a game and 20 gigs. Sony, repeat after me...

...This news couldn't be any better for Microsoft and Nintendo. Neither of them have to drop the price on their respective consoles now. Someone should remind Sony they are in a distant 3rd place. Are they really this stupid?

How is dropping $100 on the current model such a bad move?

360 did the same thing by coming out with a $479 version. it seems to be selling ok, and doesn't have near the specs the 60gb PS3 does.

And the PS3 isn't a video game console exclusively. It is a home entertainment system.

Medieval954
07-08-2007, 10:40 PM
How is dropping $100 on the current model such a bad move?

360 did the same thing by coming out with a $479 version. it seems to be selling ok, and doesn't have near the specs the 60gb PS3 does.

If you haven't noticed, the Xbox 360 Elite didn't register a blip in the NPD sales chart when released and neither of the PS3's models have sold well since December.

I'm gonna have to come to the conclusion that pricepoint is a problem.

Stitches
07-08-2007, 10:47 PM
If you haven't noticed, the Xbox 360 Elite didn't register a blip in the NPD sales chart when released and neither of the PS3's models have sold well since December.

Which is why they are dropping it $100. Just because they put out a new model, that doesn't mean it is a bad idea. Companies roll out newer models all the time, with only minor upgrades, while reducing the prices of the older models.

Agent51
07-08-2007, 10:48 PM

$599 for an extra 20GB (that would cost $100 for the 360) and a full game (that is $60 normally), plus 5 Blu-Ray movies (average $30 a pop, that's another $150 right there) is a great deal, especially when the 60GB version with no games was $599 all along.

It may be too much in YOUR eyes, but not everyones. I will gladly pay $599 for all of that. Your "no matter what is in the box" arguement is a poor one, given that "what's in this box" is a STEAL compared to buying it all seperate. Factor in the prices (and for arguements sake we will use the 360's "extras" prices just for comparison since Sony doesn't sell the stuff extra).

Blu-Ray player - $500 (going by the CHEAPEST listed price on BestBuy.com)
80GB HD - $300 (going by $100 per 20GBs as is the 360s price)
Wi-Fi - $100 (again, 360s price)
5 Blu-Ray movies - $150 (going by the average price of $30 each)
Motorstorm - $60

Grand total is $1,210 worth of stuff NOT counting the fact that it is in itself a game system. To me that's a damn good deal. If it still makes no sense to you, IDK, "to each his own" I guess, but I see absolutely no problem with the $600 pricetag, aside from the fatc that there aren't many (or any) must-have games out right now, so you're really buying it for it's media features until some PS3 exclusives come out.

Medieval954
07-08-2007, 10:51 PM
You guys do realize we're right back at the $499/$599 price points that have caused Sony to end up in a distant 3rd place worldwide in the first place, right?

If you guys think this is a good move for Sony, by all means, celebrate. I'll stay out of your way. :wink:

Stitches
07-08-2007, 11:14 PM
You guys do realize we're right back at the $499/$599 price points that have caused Sony to end up in a distant 3rd place worldwide in the first place, right?

If you guys think this is a good move for Sony, by all means, celebrate. I'll stay out of your way. :wink:

Distant 3rd worldwide?

I'm pretty sure PS3 is far outselling 360 in Asia by a distant margin.

And even if they are 3rd right now, doesn't mean they can't be a winner. We're barely into the cycle of these systems.

muscle979
07-08-2007, 11:34 PM

You have no idea what you're talking about. Do some research. PS3 has sold more units than PSOne, PS2, or Xbox360 did in their first 8 months. All of those systems did/are doing fine.

muscle979
07-08-2007, 11:40 PM

PS3 only sells the 60GB version right now, it's been that way for months.

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-08-2007, 11:55 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about. Do some research. PS3 has sold more units than PSOne, PS2, or Xbox360 did in their first 8 months. All of those systems did/are doing fine.

Wait... What? If the PS3 is doing so well, then why is Sony dropping the price by $100 after only 8 months? So they can pass any cost cutting savings onto the consumers? :lol:

Sony FLOODED the retail channels with PS3 systems, which inflates the number of systems "sold". Now they need to price drop to get things moving. Notice the sales of PS3 in this link:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173806.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

The move to an 80 GB HD is because it's cheaper to stay with a mass produced HD size rather than maintain a specific size over the course of a consoles lifetime. BTW, MS must have signed a good deal for those 20 GB ones or they are probably starting to pay a bit more for each one.

Medieval954
07-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Worldwide Sales

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/61oe93p-1.png
http://www.vgchartz.com/

Normally, I hate citing vgchartz as a source, but they are in the ballpark.

--------

U.S. NPD Sales in 2007 so far.

Nintendo
Jan - 436K
Feb - 335K
Mar - 259K
Apr - 360K
May - 338K

Microsoft
Jan - 294K
Feb - 228K
Mar - 199K
Apr - 174K
May - 154K

Sony
Jan - 244K
Feb - 127K
Mar - 130K
Apr - 82K
May - 81K

Hard to get out of 3rd when the leader's gap gets wider on a monthly basis.

-------

There's my research. Also, the only reason PS3 sales are in line with PS and PS2's initial sales were because those systems were legit supply constrained at launch whereas the PS3 is demand constrained because of price.

The masses don't want to pay $500+ for a "video game console". Who knew? :rolleyes:

Anything else?

Stitches
07-09-2007, 12:04 AM
$599 for all that Sony is offering is a great deal. Even if some people won't admit to it, or won't (can't) take advantage.

Stitches
07-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Worldwide Sales

--------

Nintendo
Jan - 436K
Feb - 335K
Mar - 259K
Apr - 360K
May - 338K

Microsoft
Jan - 294K
Feb - 228K
Mar - 199K
Apr - 174K
May - 154K

Sony
Jan - 244K
Feb - 127K
Mar - 130K
Apr - 82K
May - 81K

-------

There's my research. Also, the only reason PS3 sales are in line with PS and PS2's initial sales were because those systems were legit supply constrained at launch whereas the PS3 is demand constrained because of price.

The masses don't want to pay $500+ for a "video game console". Who knew? :rolleyes:

Anything else?

Glad you at least put video game console in quotes, since that is far from its limits.

muscle979
07-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Worldwide Sales

--------

Nintendo
Jan - 436K
Feb - 335K
Mar - 259K
Apr - 360K
May - 338K

Microsoft
Jan - 294K
Feb - 228K
Mar - 199K
Apr - 174K
May - 154K

Sony
Jan - 244K
Feb - 127K
Mar - 130K
Apr - 82K
May - 81K

-------

Anything else?

Way to prove what everybody already knows. Your claim that Sony is not selling systems for 600 dollars is still false. The bottom line is that Sony is selling PS3s even at 600 dollars. I never said overall that they've outsold the others. You claim people won't pay 600 for a system. They are doing it and that's even without a blockbuster game out there yet to buy on PS3. When the games come things will only pick up. When blu ray becomes the HD movie standard within a year or so it will also cause PS3 sales increases. I'll fork over 600 for a PS3 over 400+ for an Xbox 360 that won't even play movies for me any day of the week. So I guess if you can speak for the masses so can I.

Let it be known now that the masses will pay 600 dollars for a PS3. I mean it's obvious being that over 3 million people have already done it in the last 8 months. Yeah they're marking down the price, they'll quickly get rid of the excess systems and this will probably cause blu ray to beat hd dvd even faster than it already was. It's hardly a move of desperation. You better hope PS3 doesn't really fail, because if they do Bill Gates and Microsoft will have no reason to not put out crap for you 360 fanboys with no real competiton out there. (The Wii is more of a really successful gimmick then a true next gen. console.)

Medieval954
07-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Way to prove what everybody already knows. Your claim that Sony is not selling systems for 600 dollars is still false. The bottom line is that Sony is selling PS3s even at 600 dollars. I never said overall that they've outsold the others. You claim people won't pay 600 for a system. They are doing it and that's even without a blockbuster game out there yet to buy on PS3. When the games come things will only pick up. When blu ray becomes the HD movie standard within a year or so it will also cause PS3 sales increases. I'll fork over 600 for a PS3 over 400+ for an Xbox 360 that won't even play movies for me any day of the week. So I guess if you can speak for the masses so can I.

Let it be known now that the masses will pay 600 dollars for a PS3. I mean it's obvious being that over 3 million people have already done it in the last 8 months. Yeah they're marking down the price, they'll quickly get rid of the excess systems and this will probably cause blu ray to beat hd dvd even faster than it already was. It's hardly a move of desperation. You better hope PS3 doesn't really fail, because if they do Bill Gates and Microsoft will have no reason to not put out crap for you 360 fanboys with no real competiton out there. (The Wii is more of a really successful gimmick then a true next gen. console.)

:lol: You should work for Sony PR.

Nevertheless, enjoy your PS3. :)

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Back when the PS3 was launched I read an article that pretty much stated that Sony could afford a $100 dollar price drop per year. The main problem with the PS3 for pricing was the fact it was using the Cell chip which isn't mass produced and the blu ray diodes which were not mass produced either. Having both of them be in greater supply and a few other changes would easily allow them to reduce the price by $250 dollars after two years the article stated.

Plus the fact that right now Blu-ray players are about the same price, so to not piss of their partners too much they cannot undercut them with a gamesystem/blu-ray player

Another thing that chart fails to show is the fact that the Playstation 3 has not been out a full year while the XBox360 has been. If the sales were during the same period then the chart would have a little more meaning.

Medieval954
07-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Back when the PS3 was launched I read an article that pretty much stated that Sony could afford a $100 dollar price drop per year. The main problem with the PS3 for pricing was the fact it was using the Cell chip which isn't mass produced and the blu ray diodes which were not mass produced either. Having both of them be in greater supply and a few other changes would easily allow them to reduce the price by $250 dollars after two years the article stated.

Plus the fact that right now Blu-ray players are about the same price, so to not piss of their partners too much they cannot undercut them with a gamesystem/blu-ray player

Another thing that chart fails to show is the fact that the Playstation 3 has not been out a full year while the XBox360 has been. If the sales were during the same period then the chart would have a little more meaning.

Fair enough, so explain the 5 million console lead of the Wii then? Both came out at the same time. I'll see if I can find a chart or info though, now I'm curious as well on sales in the same time frame.

Also, here's a nice pic of the new Sony bundle. :)
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

muscle979
07-09-2007, 12:43 AM
:lol: You should work for Sony PR.

Nevertheless, enjoy your PS3. :)

I try :lol:. No hard feelings, have fun with that Xbox :cooldude:.

muscle979
07-09-2007, 12:45 AM
The Wii's not really in direct competition with 360 and PS3 though. It's more of a gimmick thing. People who want next gen. gaming will not pick a Wii and be content. They'll still buy one of the other ones most likely.

On another note I wish I would have held out a little longer on my PS3 so I could have bought this bundle instead. Great deal. :(

Medieval954
07-09-2007, 12:50 AM
I try :lol:. No hard feelings, have fun with that Xbox :cooldude:.

It's cool dude, no hard feelings whatsoever. :drinkers:

Also, I'm more of a Nintendo guy myself. :groucho:

The Wii's not really in direct competition with 360 and PS3 though. It's more of a gimmick thing. People who want next gen. gaming will not pick a Wii and be content. They'll still buy one of the other ones most likely.

On another note I wish I would have held out a little longer on my PS3 so I could have bought this bundle instead. Great deal. :(

The "gimmick" is about to surpass Microsoft for marketshare lead in a couple months. I don't think Nintendo cares what you call it, people are buying it. :wink:

muscle979
07-09-2007, 12:53 AM

I like Nintendo too. I'm fondly remembering the days of the NES. I can't believe though that people paid fifty bucks for those games and 200 or so for the system. Before PS2 I had an N64. I kind of felt like a traitor when I went to Sony after that. Not that I've ever really "married" myself to one brand but at that point my video game time had been dominated by Nintendo. It just felt weird.

muscle979
07-09-2007, 12:57 AM

The "gimmick" is about to surpass Microsoft for marketshare lead in a couple months. I don't think Nintendo cares what you call it, people are buying it. :wink:

It's an incredibly successful gimmick, that's for sure. I wouldn't care either with sales like that. With that and the DS, the people at Nintendo must be pretty happy.

Medieval954
07-09-2007, 01:01 AM
I like Nintendo too. I'm fondly remembering the days of the NES. I can't believe though that people paid fifty bucks for those games and 200 or so for the system. Before PS2 I had an N64. I kind of felt like a traitor when I went to Sony after that. Not that I've ever really "married" myself to one brand but at that point my video game time had been dominated by Nintendo. It just felt weird.

Everyone had an NES and Super NES, then when Nintendo dropped the ball with the Nintendo 64, everyone got a PS and PS2, including me. Doesn't mean I still don't prefer Nintendo. People have preferences and I try to respect them.

muscle979
07-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Everyone had an NES and Super NES, then when Nintendo dropped the ball with the Nintendo 64, everyone got a PS and PS2, including me. Doesn't mean I still don't prefer Nintendo. People have preferences and I try to respect them.

Except for Goldeneye. Just that game was a good enough reason to have an N64.

Medieval954
07-09-2007, 01:14 AM
Except for Goldeneye. Just that game was a good enough reason to have an N64.

Yeah, Nintendo 64 had a lot of great games, including my personal greatest game ever, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. What I meant by "dropping the ball" was their decision to stick to the cartridge format that caused 3rd parties to leave them en masse for Sony.

Back on topic, Sony has already sent out a mini PR press video of the price drop and new bundle via Youtube.

VmBCLtgoTR8

Seems like "E3" is in full swing a couple days early.

Phin-o-rama
07-09-2007, 09:14 AM
And the PS3 isn't a video game console exclusively. It is a home entertainment system.

So is the 360, even more so than the ps3. Ps3 has bluray, YES, ....but at this time it is still an unproven format. It is quite possible that NEITHER hd-dvd nor bluray become the next standard for movies.

So thats all sony has as far as HOME entertainment system.

Microsoft is about to launch IPTV which totally integrates, i believe, with directv and it does all kinds of crazy ****.

Also, you can download Movies, Tv Shows, HD MOvies, and other content through Xbox Live. The 360, in general, ****s all over the ps3 as far as potential for a true home entertainment piece. Oh yeah, and an HD-dvd addon, which works extremely well. If blu ray wins and hd-dvd actually dies....and you don't think M$ releases a blu ray addon, you are crazy.

and if some sony fanbot comes along and spouts "huh huh only ps3 supports true high definition 1080p" .....well....... ill be disapointed....because buying into and believing sony's BS is just pathetic. not too mention pc's were touting this resolution years ago.

Stitches
07-09-2007, 09:17 AM
So is the 360, even more so than the ps3. Ps3 has bluray, YES, ....but at this time it is still an unproven format. It is quite possible that NEITHER hd-dvd nor bluray become the next standard for movies.

So thats all sony has as far as HOME entertainment system.

Microsoft is about to launch IPTV which totally integrates, i believe, with directv and it does all kinds of crazy ****.

Also, you can download Movies, Tv Shows, HD MOvies, and other content through Xbox Live. The 360, in general, ****s all over the ps3 as far as potential for a true home entertainment piece. Oh yeah, and an HD-dvd addon, which works extremely well. If blu ray wins and hd-dvd actually dies....and you don't think M$ releases a blu ray addon, you are crazy.

and if some sony fanbot comes along and spouts "huh huh only ps3 supports true high definition 1080p" .....well....... ill be disapointed....because buying into and believing sony's BS is just pathetic. not too mention pc's were touting this resolution years ago.

I know you're not saying I'm a sony fanboy, but I wouldn't ever bring that oint up anyways, since my tv can't handle 1080p anyways. 1080i is as high as mine can go.

And the ps3 has just as much potential as the 360 actually(if not more), it's
just Microsoft is closer to realizing its potential at the moment.

Phin-o-rama
07-09-2007, 09:22 AM
sony has yet to set up the infrastructure that will allow them to offer what M$ can. Xbox Live is set up in such a way it is allowing them to do this. PsHome MAY be able to launch them into competition with the 360 as far as online capabilities go, but think about how long M$ has been using xbox live, and how long they've had to tweak and make it better.

Sony's Home doesn't come out till November or so?

as far as the 1080p thing, i was pretty much talking about megatron lol...

Stitches
07-09-2007, 09:23 AM
sony has yet to set up the infrastructure that will allow them to offer what M$ can. Xbox Live is set up in such a way it is allowing them to do this. PsHome MAY be able to launch them into competition with the 360 as far as online capabilities go, but think about how long M$ has been using xbox live, and how long they've had to tweak and make it better.

as far as the 1080p thing, i was pretty much talking about megatron lol...

-That's what i was saying about Microsoft being closer to realizing its potential.

-:lol:

Motion
07-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Sony will have HOME in a couple months. :D

:woot:

Phin-o-rama
07-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Sony will have HOME in a couple months. :D

:woot:

i hope it rocks, because i'll prolly have a ps3.

prolly going to be buggy as crap though, at least at first.

Motion
07-09-2007, 09:37 AM
i hope it rocks, because i'll prolly have a ps3.

prolly going to be buggy as crap though, at least at first.

Most likely. Once they get the bugs worked out it should be awesome though.

Phin-o-rama
07-09-2007, 09:50 AM

Stitches
07-09-2007, 09:54 AM

That was awesme, I remember watching that live. I love seeing teams celebrate to early(except on a certain Monday night by our fins).

Agent51
07-09-2007, 09:58 AM

See I didtched Nintendo after the NES, I wasn't a fan of SNES, I went the Sega Genesis route then, and then on to PS1 instead of Dreamcast or N64. Controllers are always a big part of my gaming preference, and the N64 and Dreamcast ones just killed it for me, as did the original XBox's. I didn't really like anything on N64 anyway, but even if I did, the controller comfort, or lackthereof, would have put a damper on it for me. Same with Dreamcast, there was never really any "must have" game on it for me, so the horrible (IMHO) controller just ruined it even more.

If we had to name "preferences" I'd say, historically mine have been with Sony, since I thought the PS1 and PS2 were AMAZING game systems, and had much more to offer to me personally and my game likings than their competitors. In fact, I went into this "next-gen console war" planning on buying a PS3 as my first next-gen system and waiting on the 360 til afterwards, based solely on the fact that I loved the PS2 and could not stand the original XBox. I got an original XBox at launch and sold it within two weeks (after I beat Transworld Surf :lol:) because I hated it. Then I bought one again when Halo 2 came out, thinking I'd give it another shot and there were MANY more titles to choose from now, but again, beat Halo 2 and sold it. I WANTED to like it, and TRIED to like it, but just couldn't. Most games I play are sports games, and the PS2 controllers was MUCH better for those, and GTA used to be PS2-only, and that was really all I played back then. However, once I saw the 360, held the new controller, and saw some of the games I just couldn't wait, I had to join the "next-gen" gaming era right then. I love the 360, it's probably the best system I've ever owned, but I will still be buying a PS3, and now it appears sooner rather than later with this new 80GB model and the free movies deal.

theghost
07-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I just like to play games.

Megatron
07-09-2007, 12:12 PM

The "gimmick" is about to surpass Microsoft for marketshare lead in a couple months. I don't think Nintendo cares what you call it, people are buying it. :wink: And getting bored of it. I know 3 people at work that mention that their Wii sits there unplayed most days. Now my PS3 gets constant use as a media gateway, blu-ray player, and gaming system. So who gets better value even though the price point is higher?

Stitches
07-09-2007, 12:28 PM
And getting bored of it. I know 3 people at work that mention that their Wii sits there unplayed most days. Now my PS3 gets constant use as a media gateway, blu-ray player, and gaming system. So who gets better value even though the price point is higher?

Beyond a Zelda game(which is a gamecube game) and a new Paper mario, I don't know what the system has to offer at the moment.

Motion
07-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Beyond a Zelda game(which is a gamecube game) and a new Paper mario, I don't know what the system has to offer at the moment.

Wii Sports is all I play, I love it. I thought the Zelda game was terrible.

Stitches
07-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Wii Sports is all I play, I love it. I thought the Zelda game was terrible.

That's because it was a gamecube game. :wink:

And $250 for the ability to play Wii sports to your hearts content. Congrats!!:tongue:

Megatron
07-09-2007, 03:44 PM

as far as the 1080p thing, i was pretty much talking about megatron lol... Ha when you get a chance to see 1080p on a TV that can handle it you'll change your tune.:wink: Anyhoo, I love the new upscaling feature on the PS3, it'll save me money. Most of the older movies being released on blu-ray aren't worth the money being charged, seeing as they are just upconverted anyway. Why pay extra when I can get a regular DVD version and have the PS3 upconvert it?

Stitches
07-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Ha when you get a chance to see 1080p on a TV that can handle it you'll change your tune.:wink: Anyhoo, I love the new upscaling feature on the PS3, it'll save me money. Most of the older movies being released on blu-ray aren't worth the money being charged, seeing as they are just upconverted anyway. Why pay extra when I can get a regular DVD version and have the PS3 upconvert it?

My home theater in a box upconverts to like 720p and it was around $200. :D

At the store, I couldn't see much difference between 720p and 1080p.

Megatron
07-09-2007, 03:48 PM
My home theater in a box upconverts to like 720p and it was around $200. :D

At the store, I couldn't see much difference between 720p and 1080p. Nice what games can you play on it?:tongue:

Stitches
07-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Nice what games can you play on it?:tongue:

That's why I have the 360. :kick:

muscle979
07-09-2007, 04:00 PM
That's why I have the 360. :kick:

Why buy different things though when you can have it all in one. My PS3 upconverts my DVDs, plays Blu rays and plays games too. I seriously considered a 360 but decided that since I don't care about Halo and we like to watch movies at the house most of the time rather than paying outrageous movie prices these days that a PS3 would be better all around.

Megatron
07-09-2007, 04:03 PM
That's why I have the 360. :kick: Hmmm XBox 360 Premium ( after price drop) $349.99 + upscaler DVD to only 720p $199.99 = $549.98

PS3 ( after price drop ) $499.99

We have a winner!:kick:

muscle979
07-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Hmmm XBox 360 Premium ( after price drop) $349.99 + upscaler DVD to only 720p $199.99 = $549.98

PS3 ( after price drop ) $499.99

We have a winner!:kick:

Not to mention blu rays are better than upgraded DVDs. I've watched them both.

Stitches
07-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Why buy different things though when you can have it all in one. My PS3 upconverts my DVDs, plays Blu rays and plays games too. I seriously considered a 360 but decided that since I don't care about Halo and we like to watch movies at the house most of the time rather than paying outrageous movie prices these days that a PS3 would be better all around.

Well I bought my 360 6 months before ps3 came out for $329.99(:wink:) and didn't have an HDtv at the time. I had actually wanted a PS3(and still do), but I didn't want to wait 6 months when I didn't know if I could justify to myself spending $599.99 at the time of origonal release(or if I could even find a system for that matter). Then the HTIB(got it in like I wanna say feb) just looked like a great deal since I wanted surround sound and that's the main reason I bought it(so I got more than an upscaling DVD player for $200). And it worked out, since the tv I just bought isn't 1080p anyways. :thumbup:

We're all winners here if we are happy with what we got, so why argue? :confused2

Edit: And I also care about Halo, so...

Motion
07-09-2007, 04:22 PM
So now they need to bump the 60 GB model down to $400 for the holidays when this one comes out. :D

Megatron
07-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Well I bought my 360 6 months before ps3 came out for $329.99(:wink:) and didn't have an HDtv at the time. I had actually wanted a PS3(and still do), but I didn't want to wait 6 months when I didn't know if I could justify to myself spending $599.99 at the time of origonal release(or if I could even find a system for that matter). Then the HTIB(got it in like I wanna say feb) just looked like a great deal since I wanted surround sound and that's the main reason I bought it(so I got more than an upscaling DVD player for $200). And it worked out, since the tv I just bought isn't 1080p anyways. :thumbup:

We're all winners here if we are happy with what we got, so why argue? :confused2

Edit: And I also care about Halo, so... How true. I could care less about Halo but I see your point in wanting a 360 so you could play it. God of War is like that for me.

muscle979
07-09-2007, 04:45 PM

Edit: And I also care about Halo, so...

I almost bought a 360 for the same reason. I didn't really want to keep waiting. I almost bought one but instead spent some money on a plasma TV. I had heard the next gen. consoles didn't look that much better without an HDTV so I figured I should get that first. Then I waited several months and bought my PS3. With this price drop though I wish I would have waited about two extra months. :(

I still love my PS3 though.

Stitches
07-09-2007, 05:07 PM
I almost bought a 360 for the same reason. I didn't really want to keep waiting. I almost bought one but instead spent some money on a plasma TV. I had heard the next gen. consoles didn't look that much better without an HDTV so I figured I should get that first. Then I waited several months and bought my PS3. With this price drop though I wish I would have waited about two extra months. :(

I still love my PS3 though.

I hadn't heard that, and I certainly know that isn't the case since I got lots of play time in on my 19" standard tube TV. lol.

dolphan117
07-09-2007, 06:41 PM
I tell you I could almost be talked into a 60 Gig PS3, I want an upconverting DVD player and a next gen console, plus I am starting to think Blue Ray is going to win the DVD war............. But that would leave me with no Halo 3, and that is a massive problem as I loved the Beta.

KingCrowder
07-09-2007, 07:28 PM
as usual i get screwed for buying early. thanx sony

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-09-2007, 07:42 PM
as usual i get screwed for buying early. thanx sony

isn't that generally the case for technology?

Stitches
07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
isn't that generally the case for technology?

:yes: