PDA

View Full Version : what football games will you be picking up?



Marino2Clayton
07-09-2007, 08:43 PM
With EA concentrating on gameplay and 2K's effort looking promising... which football titles are planning on buying this year?

*Multiple choices allowed*

aquaman54
07-09-2007, 08:45 PM
All 3 for me....NCAA/Madden/and All Pro. I can NEVER get enough pigskin!!!

Cool Calm Mike
07-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Madden and NCAA.

Bruzer
07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Most likely all 3 for me.

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-09-2007, 09:44 PM
APF 2K8 is a given. Can't pass up (LOL) the chance to use Marino in a football videogame. :D Always liked the 2K style of football anyway.

Now, Madden? I'm hopeful it has improved quite a bit on the 360 (besides the 60 fps) and will be worth buying. I'll rent it first.

Best year for football games since 2004, which is a good and bad thing. Good we have more choices, but bad it took EA this long to get going on the nextgen systems. :tantrum:

:D

mor911
07-09-2007, 09:50 PM
I won't be buying any!! *punchline drums please* HAHAHA!!! Get it? Cause I'm a thieving downloading loser!!!! *applause*

Stitches
07-09-2007, 10:03 PM
NCAA without a doubt. 70% chance of Madden, and 30% chance of the other one.

Mainge
07-09-2007, 10:22 PM
All 3 for me....NCAA/Madden/and All Pro. I can NEVER get enough pigskin!!!

I'm with you. All three for me as well. :D

Brown42000
07-09-2007, 10:46 PM
NCAA and Madden

Phin-o-rama
07-09-2007, 11:03 PM
I won't be buying any!! *punchline drums please* HAHAHA!!! Get it? Cause I'm a thieving downloading loser!!!! *applause*


He's starting to crack .....:goof:

Majpain
07-09-2007, 11:15 PM
I won't be buying any!! *punchline drums please* HAHAHA!!! Get it? Cause I'm a thieving downloading loser!!!! *applause*:sidelol:

Perfect23
07-09-2007, 11:20 PM
all 3

GridIronKing34
07-10-2007, 12:01 AM
For sure NCAA and Madden. All Pro is a possiblity, depends on how Madden turns out.

Agent51
07-10-2007, 01:35 AM
NCAA and Madden are a given for me every year, even though I have been dissappointed with the two the last year (on the 360). I could never get into the 2K football titles, I just didn't like the feel of the gamplay or the animations or graphic style (not that I like kickers in Madden looking like the Terminator either). This offering by them, IMHO, looks horrible. The whole "trash talking and late hits" etc doesn't appeal to me, it's not going to get me to ditch actual teams and players just so I can do a late hit or hear some people trash talk on the field, and I'm sorry but the game looks like it was made for a PS1, the graphics are horrible

brandon27
07-10-2007, 07:36 AM
ncaa and madden here. i'll never touch a "fake" football game ever.

Skeet84
07-10-2007, 09:16 AM
NCAA is a lock and I might get Madden

Motion
07-10-2007, 09:21 AM
NCAA is a lock and I might get Madden

:yeahthat:

Stitches
07-10-2007, 09:39 AM
NCAA is a lock and I might get Madden

:hi5:

StormSurge
07-10-2007, 09:46 AM
I'll most likely end up buying NCAA & Madden, while definitely renting 2K8.

UltraDol-Fan
07-10-2007, 09:46 AM
2k for me. I'm not throwing my money into Madden until they make a good one, if this one turns out good and I don't hear any gripes I may pick it up too.

Stitches
07-10-2007, 09:54 AM
2k for me. I'm not throwing my money into Madden until they make a good one, if this one turns out good and I don't hear any gripes I may pick it up too.

That's pretty much guaranteed to not happen.

Dolfan32323
07-10-2007, 04:15 PM
NCAA and APF2k8.

QuenteK25
07-10-2007, 05:10 PM
I won't be buying any!! *punchline drums please* HAHAHA!!! Get it? Cause I'm a thieving downloading loser!!!! *applause*

You can toss me in the same boat, unless it's a kayak or something, cuz that would look gay, not that there's anything wrong with that, I'd just prefer to swim if that's the deal.

Brown42000
07-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Aaron Boulding the video game insider for ESPN said the major difference in Madden this year is that it is good. I hope he is right because the past few years have been anywhere from alright to not very good.

AirMarino83
07-10-2007, 05:53 PM
all three... ncaa to hold me over til madden gets here... and 2k because after miami's season is over, i usually dont play nfl games anymore. this way i can just play w/ my created team.

Carlito Garcia
07-10-2007, 10:55 PM
i will buy Madden and NCAA when they first come out but ill rent 2K and see if its any good.

Tpaddle
07-11-2007, 12:12 AM
i hope all 3 :)

GoBills24
07-11-2007, 12:50 AM
NCAA and Madden.

I know Madden will be no different, but I'm just getting it for the new players, because I don't feel like upgrading the rosters myself.

jmenjes
07-11-2007, 10:32 PM
I have a preorder for Madden (for the Wii) at my local GameStop.

VT Dolphan
07-12-2007, 07:40 PM
NCAA and Madden, possibly renting 2K depending on the reviews. Gotta save up for some non-football games.

TexanPhinatic
07-12-2007, 07:51 PM
I have a preorder for Madden (for the Wii) at my local GameStop.

Same but for the 360 :)

amir7
07-13-2007, 01:07 AM
only madden

Pagan
07-13-2007, 07:20 AM
2K8. I won't fall for the Madden hype again this year and spend $60 to get more of the same ol' same ol'.

emeraldfin
07-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Madden

Despacio
07-13-2007, 01:40 PM
NCAA and Madden are a given for me every year, even though I have been dissappointed with the two the last year (on the 360). I could never get into the 2K football titles, I just didn't like the feel of the gamplay or the animations or graphic style (not that I like kickers in Madden looking like the Terminator either). This offering by them, IMHO, looks horrible. The whole "trash talking and late hits" etc doesn't appeal to me, it's not going to get me to ditch actual teams and players just so I can do a late hit or hear some people trash talk on the field, and I'm sorry but the game looks like it was made for a PS1, the graphics are horrible

Honestly, how do you really feel?? :err:

APF 2K8 is not about "trash talk and late hits." I can't wait for the game and could care less about that stuff. It's not even in the top 100 of why 2K fans are anticipating the game.

The trash talk stuff, that just highlights the enhanced sideline interactions this year. The sidelines will actually have their own AI, they will be smart. Hence some trash talk could occur if your player is close enough to the other team.

The late hits, it's not like Blitz. You will be penalized for a late hit. Late hits happen all the time in the NFL. You just don't see it in Madden anymore because the NFL does now allow them to put it in the game.

Neither of these parts of the game are the "selling points" of All-Pro Football 2K8.

Have you actually read into the game and looked at some gameplay videos?

And PS1 graphics? That's just a bit ridiculous hence my need to respond to your post.

Madden 99

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

APF 2K8

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/allprofootball2k820070606030230572-1.jpghttp://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Anyways, just trying to counter the APF 2K8 hate in here. I respect that you don't like the feel of 2K gameplay.

I think it's interesting Madden and NCAA the last two years have been disappointments for you but they are a given purchase every year anyways.

Anyway, enjoy Madden, it looks like they are making some major improvements this year. I'll definitely be renting.




Back to topic, I'll definitely be getting APF and NCAA, I really like how NCAA feels and think they have made some strides for the next gen systems. I wish the Madden and NCAA development teams would switch places.