PDA

View Full Version : my observations from the ncaa football demo

TheAnswer385
07-10-2007, 06:20 PM
1 The player models look smooth and are an upgrade from last year.

2 There are not any commentators which just makes the game feel kinda plain i mean there isn't even a stadium announcer..wtf

3 The players reactions to the play run allot smoother with the game this year than last years.

4 There are no officials that make calls or are none to be seen on the field.

5 The one handed catches are sweet but I'm afraid they may make them do it a bit much seeing how i only tossed 6 passes and it already happened.

all in all it seems a bit plain with out any announcers and officials. Im not sure if its because its the demo or not but it seems like a big part of the game to leave out seeing how it comes out in a week. I played one game and still haven seen a mascot so i don't know what do the rest of you have to say about it?

Stitches
07-10-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm sure there will be officials and commentators in the regular game.

Brown42000
07-10-2007, 06:41 PM
It is just a demo so the stuff missing that you named could possibly be in the game that will be in stores.

jimmy42jack0
07-10-2007, 09:00 PM
yeah, i get the feeling that this was one of the earliest builds of the game...we will find out how much more polished it looks like in a week

Agent51
07-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Kinda off-topic, but does anyone else actually ENJOY the fact that in Madden there is no more Madden? I love the stadium announcer much more than when they had Madden and Michaels doing it. Of course this guy get's just as repetative after 30 seasons in a franchise (what can I say, I love football, :lol:), but at least he's not repeating the same cheesy one-liners Madden did.

StormSurge
07-10-2007, 11:14 PM
No Madden speaking is definitely a good thing.

TheAnswer385
07-11-2007, 12:27 AM
No Madden speaking is definitely a good thing.i agree strongly

Sethdaddy8
07-11-2007, 10:54 AM
How much fne tuning can the do in one week?

StormSurge
07-11-2007, 11:10 AM
From MajorNelson:

Note: to shorten the download time, this demo does not include the full play-by-play audio which is found in the complete retail product.

QuenteK25
07-11-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm just glad you don't have to wait for the dumb kicker to line up for field goals and extra points anymore.

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Not being a fan of the NCAA games, this demo did NOTHING to make me want the game. Unpolished would be the best description.

Why would EA even bother with this demo, in this state? It hints at what could be a good game, but did any of you NCAA fans NEED this demo to convince you to buy this?

In comparison, a game like APF 2K8 needs a demo to show people what the game is all about. I guess EA just threw something out there, because that's what people expected, for better or worse.

DonShula84
07-11-2007, 05:51 PM
From MajorNelson:

Good. The no announcing worried me, not sure if I could play w/ out it.

QuenteK25
07-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Not being a fan of the NCAA games, this demo did NOTHING to make me want the game. Unpolished would be the best description.

Why would EA even bother with this demo, in this state? It hints at what could be a good game, but did any of you NCAA fans NEED this demo to convince you to buy this?

In comparison, a game like APF 2K8 needs a demo to show people what the game is all about. I guess EA just threw something out there, because that's what people expected, for better or worse.

I think you summed it up pretty well. I'm getting the game and didn't need a demo to convince me to get it. I don't see this demo convincing too many people either. It's pretty poor as far as demos go.

Stitches
07-11-2007, 07:16 PM
NCAA is already at my local Gamestop. too bad they won't sell it until next tuesday. :(

mor911
07-11-2007, 07:28 PM
NCAA is already at my local Gamestop. too bad they won't sell it until next tuesday. :(They already shipped to stores??!?!?!

Awesome. That means it'll leak any minute now!

Stitches
07-11-2007, 09:04 PM
They already shipped to stores??!?!?!

Yea, because I was in there getting a VGA cable, and so I just decided to pay for NCAA right there. Guy #1 was trying to go through the pre-orders and it wouldn't let him so he asked the other guy what was up.

Guy #2 walked behind the counter and was like blah, blah, blah, and then it was done.

Guy #1 asked him why they had to do it that way.

Guy #2 responds, "we have to do it that way because we already have them in the back" then he looked at me as he kept talking, "but we don't have it yet."

*******s! :lol:

QuenteK25
07-12-2007, 01:06 AM
They already shipped to stores??!?!?!

Yessssssss, PM me when you see it in case I miss it :kick: