PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live question

DisturbedShifty
07-11-2007, 05:43 AM
My buddy, VERY pro Sony, texted me that Xbox Live Gold accounts are going to cost $100 next year. I personally couldn't find anything on the net about it. I went to xbox.com, teamxbox.com, g4.com, and ign.com and couldn't find anything about it. If anyone knows, please leave a link to the website where you found it. Thanks.

Bruzer
07-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Hes full of it. I have heard nothing about it only rumors on price was a price cut but microsoft said they are going to leave prices where they are becuase thats what people like and it provides them with funds to make it a great service.

StormSurge
07-11-2007, 11:11 AM
That sounds just a tad shady.

dolphan117
07-11-2007, 12:29 PM
I think your need a new friend, one that doesn't spout BS. :tongue:

No way does that happen.

DisturbedShifty
07-11-2007, 03:27 PM
That's what I figured too. But should anyone find out different post it here.

QuenteK25
07-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah I'd be interested in getting details if it was confirmed, but I've been on lots of Xbox sites etc... lately with E3 going on and NCAA 08 about to come out and haven't heard a thing.

Like the others said, it's gotta be BS.

mor911
07-11-2007, 05:14 PM
With Nintendo and Sony's online services (respectably) being free, Microsoft is always taking a lot of flack for even charging for Xbox Live.

Making it more expensive would prove to be an idiotic move... Maybe even suicide in the industry. If anything, Live on Windows may see an XBL price drop.

DisturbedShifty
07-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Making it more expensive would prove to be an idiotic move... Maybe even suicide in the industry. If anything, Live on Windows may see an XBL price drop.
That's what I figured as well. The only reason I even partly beleved it was due to the fact that Mircrosoft extended the warrenties on the 360s and that bumping up the cost of Live would be the way to cover the money they are going to sink into such an venture.