View Full Version : Blue Dragon demo on XBL

mor911
07-11-2007, 07:36 AM
omg! I'm gonna crap my pants.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/07/11/blue-dragon-demo.aspx

Stitches
07-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Today?

****, I need to download it later if it is.

mor911
07-11-2007, 07:46 AM
up there now. :drool:

It's going SOOOOO SLOW.

Stitches
07-11-2007, 08:08 AM
I'll try and get it on my lunch break(getting HD cable set up then too. :woot:)

mor911
07-11-2007, 08:48 AM
I'll try and get it on my lunch break(getting HD cable set up then too. :woot:)good luck. World wide demo. Going SLOW.

Firesole
07-11-2007, 08:50 AM
What's this game about?

QuenteK25
07-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Ick, not a fan of turn based fighting etc...Looks pretty cool for those that like those games though. Bet my brother would dig it.

Dolfan32323
07-11-2007, 03:01 PM
slooow

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-11-2007, 05:27 PM
What's this game about?

It's from one of the guys that made Final Fantasy. So if you're into the Japanese RPG turn based stuff, this should be a game you like.

I'm not interested myself, as I'd take Mass Effect or KOTOR 3 over this anyday. :D Good to see a game like this added to the 360 library of games though.

Stitches
07-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Just finished the Fortress level a minute ago. I played through it with just under 4 minutes to spare(60min limit). It was fun. The limit breaks were cool, and I like the attachments(skills) you can have. The music was kind of catchy, but not like some of the FF music I am used to I guess. I like how your attacks charge, so that you can get a couple turns in before the bad guy if you don't mind not getting max power out of your moves. Graphics, though cartoony, looked pretty darn cool too I thought I'm not turned off at all.

I'm not sure if I'm more excited for this game after the demo, but I'm sure I'm not turned off at all because of fit. It was just slightly different then what I was expecting I guess, not that that is a bad thing.

I'm sure I'd like it more if I understood the story too, because they start your characters out at level 23 on the fortress, and I have little clue how and why they are where they are.

mor911
07-12-2007, 01:33 PM
I absolutely loved both levels of the game. I love the charging attack mechanic. I love the über dorky looking characters and the old-school RPG style. I love it. I can't wait for this game.

My only complaint is the HORRIBLE crap called music they used for the mini-bosses. OMG. It wouldn't be bad if the singer was taken out. Bad bad song choice. Other than that, I think it's great.

amir7
07-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I thought the graphics were pretty good, and the battle system was fun. I'll be picking this up on august 28. damn, there's so many good rpg's coming out for the 360, like this, lost odyssey, eternal sonata, and of course mass effect. I dont know where i'm gonna get the money for all those games

Stitches
07-12-2007, 01:57 PM
I thought the graphics were pretty good, and the battle system was fun. I'll be picking this up on august 28. damn, there's so many good rpg's coming out for the 360, like this, lost odyssey, eternal sonata, and of course mass effect. I dont know where i'm gonna get the money for all those games

I feel the same, lol. I'm gonna have to wait on most of them.

mor911
07-12-2007, 02:02 PM
I also thought the voice overs were pretty bad.

TheMageGandalf
07-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Hows the fighting happening?

Is it random encounters ala old school RPG's or not?

amir7
07-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Hows the fighting happening?

Is it random encounters ala old school RPG's or not?

no random encounters, you see the enemy while walking through the dungeon, and once you engage them, the turn-based battle begins

Lukin
07-16-2007, 09:34 AM
My only complaint is the HORRIBLE crap called music they used for the mini-bosses. OMG. It wouldn't be bad if the singer was taken out. Bad bad song choice. Other than that, I think it's great.

I agree. That music was so bad I couldn't focus on the battle!

I have to say that after playing this demo, I'm not as excited about this game as I was. The character design is goofy and the dialogue is corny. THe battle system is pretty standard, which is fine, and I thought the graphics were good for 360 but it didn't blow me away.

Firesole
07-16-2007, 11:17 AM
I just don't get the popularity of RPG games. Now if it was MMORPG then I'd be all over it. I just don't enjoy the lack of action nor the amount of reading required, LOL.

Lukin
07-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I just don't get the popularity of RPG games. Now if it was MMORPG then I'd be all over it. I just don't enjoy the lack of action nor the amount of reading required, LOL.

For me its all about the story. RPGs tend to have the most engaging storylines. As for a lack of action, some RPGs have lots of action. You should play Jade Empire, its got a very cool combat system.

mor911
07-16-2007, 03:08 PM
For me its all about the story. RPGs tend to have the most engaging storylines. As for a lack of action, some RPGs have lots of action. You should play Jade Empire, its got a very cool combat system.
:yeahthat: