PDA

View Full Version : Ace Combat 6 Demo on XBL

Phin-o-rama
07-11-2007, 09:04 AM
:kick:

Stitches
07-11-2007, 09:34 AM
****! I have to get this demo and the Blue Dragon demo.

I am still not sure if I want the Hori Flight stick bundle or not.

AirMarino83
07-11-2007, 05:48 PM
thanks... finally looks like games are coming out that are worth playin.

Stitches
07-11-2007, 09:00 PM
This might be the absolute best demo I have ever played. I know I have limited exposure to games in high def, but this game is going to be absolutely insane. There is so much stuff going on, planes galore, battles on the ground, in the water, it actually feels like a war zone. And it's going to be on xbox live!! I hope it's like 16v16, that would be amazing!

The details are so sweet... :drool:

I almost want this as much as Halo 3 now, because I am going to get the flight stick one for sure.

So ****ing awesome, seriously.

I'm waiting on the Blue Dragon demo right now, but after this one, I can't imagine getting anything better.

Silverphin
07-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Namco always comes correct on their Ace Combat games. Ace Combat 5 is one of the best games I've ever played.

washFin84
07-12-2007, 11:39 AM
are you able to lock onto bogies?? I found it kinda lacking because I had to get close to other planes (extremly close) and hit b to fire the missles. The missle just fires out straight and i'd usually miss. I believe I had all the buttons figured out so if you know anything that would be helpful I'd appreciate it.

b - fire missles
a - machine gun
y - switch targets
x - map
both bumpers - makes u kinda lean to the right/left
right click - different views
both triggers - slow down/speed up
up on pad - call in help attack
down on pad - call in help defense
both sticks - steer/aim/view
and there was a button to switch between special weapons/missles - I think the back button
start - pause

I think this is all the buttons except the left click, and i don't remember what that did if it did anything even.

Do you maybe half to keep ur sight on them for a while because I tried that too but didn't have any luck? It was truly hit or miss when I'd fire my missles. When I was tailgaiting them, like someone on the road I'd hit them other wise the straight line missle would veer in a direction past the enemy and hit the ground. Anyways I just thought fighter planes were able to 'lock' onto targets.

Stitches
07-12-2007, 11:47 AM
are you able to lock onto bogies?? I found it kinda lacking because I had to get close to other planes (extremly close) and hit b to fire the missles. The missle just fires out straight and i'd usually miss. I believe I had all the buttons figured out so if you know anything that would be helpful I'd appreciate it.

b - fire missles
a - machine gun
y - switch targets
x - map
both bumpers - makes u kinda lean to the right/left
right click - different views
both triggers - slow down/speed up
up on pad - call in help attack
down on pad - call in help defense
both sticks - steer/aim/view
and there was a button to switch between special weapons/missles - I think the back button
start - pause

I think this is all the buttons except the left click, and i don't remember what that did if it did anything even.

Do you maybe half to keep ur sight on them for a while because I tried that too but didn't have any luck? It was truly hit or miss when I'd fire my missles. When I was tailgaiting them, like someone on the road I'd hit them other wise the straight line missle would veer in a direction past the enemy and hit the ground. Anyways I just thought fighter planes were able to 'lock' onto targets.

You pick your target, and even when picking targets it usually picks whichever plane is closest and in your most immediate line of sight. As for actually locking on, a red redicule should move over your target when you are actually locked on. You must keep the reticule on the target until you fire the missile, then it doesn't matter. And you'd be better served firing from an angle/trajectory that is hard for the bogey to avoid(ie behind them and following a similar flight path). If you use the back button to select your XMA(something like that) missiles, you can lock onto up to four bogeys at once and you have a much greater lock on distance because that's what they are designed for(air to air). If you are having trouble manuevering into good firing positions, I suggest trying out novice mode until you gain a better feel for the skies.

Motion
07-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Sounds awesome.

washFin84
07-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Sounds awesome.
Yeah, I'm going to try it again tonight. If you hold b down when u fire a missle u go to the missle cam, and when u use the special weapons it seems as if many rockets went firing out. But I am def going to try that locking on part.

amir7
07-12-2007, 01:53 PM
waiting for it to download right now...

brandon27
07-12-2007, 05:58 PM
i downloaded this over night last night, popped it on for a few minutes before work, i was stunned! visually i thought it looked great, and i played for a bit, on novice... and it was fun. alot more fun than over g ever was. i think i might end up picking this one up