PDA

View Full Version : Best of the Big 3 in E3 2007

mor911
07-11-2007, 05:21 PM
I guess we can try this for the first time.

Who had the best E3 showing to you guys? Please watch them all first. I've seen all three now and I'm gonna easily say Microsoft. I have several reasons spanning from game launches to presentation... The biggest reason I'm gonna say this is because Microsoft said something on stage the other two could not...

ALL OF THE PRETTY GAMES THEY SHOWED US WILL BE PLAYABLE IN 2007.

To me that's huge. Game companies sell a lot of hype. Sony's entire E3 show last year had some of the same games in this show... That still isn't coming out this year. Nintendo... oh god. You guys know how I feel about that.

Inputs?

Note: You can see the full press releases at http://www.gamespot.com/ on the right navigation area.

Stitches
07-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Where else besides G4TV replays can I watch them?

I read all the live blogs, just couldn't watch them at work.

mor911
07-11-2007, 07:27 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/

Stitches
07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Cool, that's why you're the super dork.

Motion
07-11-2007, 10:20 PM
I need to catch up on everything this weekend. I DVR'd everything but haven't watched it yet. Yes, I know I'm slacking in my dorkness.

mor911
07-11-2007, 10:23 PM
I need to catch up on everything this weekend. I DVR'd everything but haven't watched it yet. Yes, I know I'm slacking in my dorkness.:err:

Bruzer
07-11-2007, 10:31 PM
I haven't seen it yet either but today cut down a massive tree nothing like workign 12.5 ****ing hours lol. I think I am going to get darkness this weekend I cant wait lol. I will watch the conference between tomorrow and saturday just depends on work schedule. I got to get me a nice desk job with a computer damn Iowa anyways no good jobs around here.

Scatman
07-12-2007, 11:37 PM
sry guys ive been slacking.... got this new girl that all she wants to do is hit it.... i love gamin, but i gotta get it while its hot. a lot of girls like it, but this one lives for it. ill try and catch up this weekend i dont wanta get kicked out the club.

Phin-o-rama
07-13-2007, 01:31 PM
i honestly think M$ had the best conference, like you said Mor, everything they showed is gonna be out this year.

The arcade stuff looked great as well. Sony also had a good showing as well, and I think MGS4 is going to be sick, unfortunately I could totally see it being pushed back to like Fall of 2008.

Motion
07-13-2007, 01:37 PM
sry guys ive been slacking.... got this new girl that all she wants to do is hit it.... i love gamin, but i gotta get it while its hot. a lot of girls like it, but this one lives for it. ill try and catch up this weekend i dont wanta get kicked out the club.

I guess thats a legit excuse. :cooldude:

Stitches
07-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I downloaded all the conferences off gamestop last night, so I'll probably watch them when I get home from work today. So I imagine sometime saturday I'll be able to give an informed opinion.

I only got to read the live update blogs at IGN during the presentations so far.

Stitches
07-14-2007, 01:36 PM
I really like Sony's presentation. I think that one and MS were way above the Nintendo presentation. Though I did like Sony's so much, i do have to give the overall slight edge to Microsoft simply because the games are all coming out this year, and some of the things I saw from Sony I had seen before.

So for me it'd be like:
1a. Microsoft
1b. Sony

3. Nintendo.

Scatman
07-15-2007, 04:05 PM
ahh seen most of them..... kinda long and boring. i think sony out did ms and nintendo. .....

i mean nintendos big thing was mario kart....like we didnt know already they were gonna make it...and it looks like a gamecube game. then wiifit seems like a complete gimmick... they really had nothing on expanding their online community. metroid prime and mario sunshine 2 watever... i mean there doing absolutely nothing revolutionary with the wii.
im really tired of the whole expand the market thing..... i mean its like its taking 5 steps backwards.... and companys are gonna go were the moneys at, no doubt. and reggie annoys the crap out of me...actually all the nintendo people pretty much do...there like the snobby nerds at school..... i mean how can you be snobby if your a nerd..doesnt even make sense.

i mean they got 69% of gaming market...thats huge. i dont think its gonna be good where the overall market is headin.... i think a lot of companies are going to slow on improving games...and bank on the wii and ds's appeal to people.

Motion
07-17-2007, 08:27 AM
I think I'd give Sony the edge but I was impressed with what I saw from Nintendo. They continue to push the envelope with the Wii Blaster and WiiFit. They are doing more for the industry than the other two combined IMO. They are bringing in more new gamers than ever. Granted I realize its technically a different market and the hardcore gamers like most of us prefer the more complex games of the 360 and PS3 but there is no denying Nintendo's success.