PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Problems

aquaattak
07-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I bought a 360 on ebay, as advertised 'refurbished'. Just got it today, unpacked it, plugged it in and popped in Transformers, it froze. restarted it and it just kept freezing. Then...BOOM 3 red lights flashing...Contacted MS and said (1) the machine is not under warranty (2) never been refurbished (as advertised) but will fix for free if its never been tampered with. The turnaround time is 4-6 weeks. Tried contacting the seller and no reply as of this post...What should i do???..My kid is crushed, the lil guy was balling:boohoo:, He got about 45 seconds of play time. He's been waiting for this forever..I dont know what to do..Get my money back, send it back to MS.. im FUMING RIGHT NOW....!!!:fire::fire::fire:

Brown42000
07-11-2007, 09:14 PM
I bought a 360 on ebay, as advertised 'refurbished'. Just got it today, unpacked it, plugged it in and popped in Transformers, it froze. restarted it and it just kept freezing. Then...BOOM 3 red lights flashing...Contacted MS and said (1) the machine is not under warranty (2) never been refurbished (as advertised) but will fix for free if its never been tampered with. The turnaround time is 4-6 weeks. Tried contacting the seller and no reply as of this post...What should i do???..My kid is crushed, the lil guy was balling:boohoo:, He got about 45 seconds of play time. He's been waiting for this forever..I dont know what to do..Get my money back, send it back to MS.. im FUMING RIGHT NOW....!!!:fire::fire::fire:
Damn man that sucks and there is nothing you can really do either because you did buy it on ebay. Just try to get your money back and buy a new one from a store.

Majpain
07-11-2007, 09:22 PM
I would never buy something like that over Ebay.

dolphan117
07-11-2007, 09:25 PM
I bought a 360 on ebay, as advertised 'refurbished'. Just got it today, unpacked it, plugged it in and popped in Transformers, it froze. restarted it and it just kept freezing. Then...BOOM 3 red lights flashing...Contacted MS and said (1) the machine is not under warranty (2) never been refurbished (as advertised) but will fix for free if its never been tampered with. The turnaround time is 4-6 weeks. Tried contacting the seller and no reply as of this post...What should i do???..My kid is crushed, the lil guy was balling:boohoo:, He got about 45 seconds of play time. He's been waiting for this forever..I dont know what to do..Get my money back, send it back to MS.. im FUMING RIGHT NOW....!!!:fire::fire::fire:Think about it this way bro, due to Microsoft extending its warranty to 3 years they are going to have to fix/replace it for free. It might take a month or so for you to get it back but you probably just bought a new 360 at a used 360 price. :wink:

That being said the guy that sold it to you is indeed a douche.

aquaattak
07-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I would never buy something like that over Ebay.

I was hesitant too, but Id do anything for the lil guy...It looked legit and it has a warranty but i havent heard back yet from them. I dont have 200 bucks to throw away....:fire: Not to mention it caused and now causing more Crap with the wife...:rolleyes:

dolphan117
07-11-2007, 09:37 PM
I was hesitant too, but Id do anything for the lil guy...It looked legit and it has a warranty but i havent heard back yet from them. I dont have 200 bucks to throw away....:fire: Not to mention it caused and now causing more Crap with the wife...:rolleyes:You shouldn't have to throw anything away, like I said Microsoft should fix it for free. Heck I think they even pay the shipping.

aquaattak
07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Think about it this way bro, due to Microsoft extending its warranty to 3 years they are going to have to fix/replace it for free. It might take a month or so for you to get it back but you probably just bought a new 360 at a used 360 price. :wink:

That being said the guy that sold it to you is indeed a douche.

I know...Just try explaining that to a heart broken kid....

aquaattak
07-11-2007, 09:39 PM
You shouldn't have to throw anything away, like I said Microsoft should fix it for free. Heck I think they even pay the shipping.

They will...Im just concerned if this clown i bought it from tampered with this thing...it has a reconditioned sticker on the back...

Stitches
07-11-2007, 09:39 PM
I would just try and send it to MS, get them to fix it since it's been under 3 years. Then I would give the seller bad feedback, tell him you are sending it to MS, and hopefully you two come to some sort of an agreement to resolve the feedback issue, whether it be he refunds some money, or gives you a game or something like that.

Sorry man.

aquaattak
07-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I would just try and send it to MS, get them to fix it since it's been under 3 years. Then I would give the seller bad feedback, tell him you are sending it to MS, and hopefully you two come to some sort of an agreement to resolve the feedback issue, whether it be he refunds some money, or gives you a game or something like that.

Sorry man.

You think he will?? Refund/game?

dolphan117
07-11-2007, 09:44 PM
You think he will?? Refund/game?I doubt it, if he is enough of a douche to lie and sell it to you I doubt he will do the right thing now.

Stitches
07-11-2007, 09:45 PM
You think he will?? Refund/game?

If he didn't sell you a ****ty box on purpose (ie he isn't a douchebaggish asshat), then I'm sure he will try and correct the situation in some manner.

Phin-o-rama
07-11-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't have a ton of experience buying from ebay, the few times that I have, I have had no problems.

In my opinion that guy blatantly lied about the console being refurbished since M$ told you that it had never been...right? That alone constitutes a faulty sale and believe it or not both EBAY and PAYPAL stand behind you the buyer ALOT more than the seller, as to keep people from being frightened to buy there.

What was the guys feedback like that you got it from?

Did I read that right that he advertised it as a refurbished unit from Microsoft, and you called them and they said that unit had never been refurbished? If that is the case you have every right to your money back I think.

aquaattak
07-11-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't have a ton of experience buying from ebay, the few times that I have, I have had no problems.

In my opinion that guy blatantly lied about the console being refurbished since M$ told you that it had never been...right? That alone constitutes a faulty sale and believe it or not both EBAY and PAYPAL stand behind you the buyer ALOT more than the seller, as to keep people from being frightened to buy there.

What was the guys feedback like that you got it from?

Did I read that right that he advertised it as a refurbished unit from Microsoft, and you called them and they said that unit had never been refurbished? If that is the case you have every right to your money back I think.

It just said refurbished...

Ive bought plenty form ebay and this is my first bad experience.

Majpain
07-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Contact paypal they will investigate the matter and should refund you.

aquaattak
07-11-2007, 10:12 PM

It wasnt done thru paypal...

GridIronKing34
07-11-2007, 10:48 PM
How long has been since you last contacted the seller?

Brown42000
07-11-2007, 10:55 PM
What was the guys feedback score?

aquaattak
07-11-2007, 11:19 PM
How long has been since you last contacted the seller?

a couple of hours ago...

aquaattak
07-11-2007, 11:21 PM
What was the guys feedback score?

97.9%, and over 100000 transactions...

GridIronKing34
07-11-2007, 11:25 PM
I'd give him a day or two for him to contact you back.

aquaattak
07-11-2007, 11:27 PM
ANd to compund the problem, i rented two games from Blockbuster, goddam expensive..17 bucks for 2...That are now fricken useless....:rolleyes:

Stitches
07-11-2007, 11:32 PM
ANd to compund the problem, i rented two games from Blockbuster, goddam expensive..17 bucks for 2...That are now fricken useless....:rolleyes:

Sorry man.

Like I said, I hope he didn't send you a bad one on purpose. If you're lucky, he's not a douche.

aquaattak
07-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Sorry man.

Like I said, I hope he didn't send you a bad one on purpose. If you're lucky, he's not a douche.

WE'll soon find out.....:fire::tantrum:Cant even sleep!

Stitches
07-12-2007, 12:47 AM
If you can't sleep, might as well start drinking. :wink:

GridIronKing34
07-12-2007, 12:50 AM
If you can't sleep, might as well start drinking. :wink:

I'm never asking you for advice, you'll turn me into an alcoholic.

Stitches
07-12-2007, 01:16 AM
I'm never asking you for advice, you'll turn me into an alcoholic.

What? It makes you tired. :wink:

ScottishFin
07-12-2007, 04:29 AM
Did you pay by credit card ? If so your credit card company should be able to reimburse you for the receipt of faulty goods (thats UK law though so dunno if something similar applies over in the US)

Doesnt sound like the guy is being an arse , 10k feedback usually means they are ok.

MS should fix it though , just tell them you have lose your receipt or whatever you need to do to get it fixed

Timmy54
07-12-2007, 09:08 AM
you can do two things
1. contact paypal-they will investigate and put the funds on hold (if he doesnt already have them withdrawn)
2. contact ebay-they have some pull as the seller gave misinformation about the product and it doesnt work.

you might be suprised how much they are willing to help. I have had nothing but good experiences on ebay, i just dont buy stuff like that one there.

aquaattak
07-12-2007, 01:35 PM
you can do two things
1. contact paypal-they will investigate and put the funds on hold (if he doesnt already have them withdrawn)
2. contact ebay-they have some pull as the seller gave misinformation about the product and it doesnt work.

you might be suprised how much they are willing to help. I have had nothing but good experiences on ebay, i just dont buy stuff like that one there.

So have i up until this one...

Anyhow, the seler finally replied to my email and informed me that the repair'refurbishing was done not by M$...So that means chances are that M$ will deny the claim to rpair nad im stuck with a nice big paperweight... We've decided to buy a new one, and will return it to them for a refund...lets see if they nail me with any charges, ie shipping....:ninja:

Stitches
07-12-2007, 01:56 PM
So have i up until this one...

Anyhow, the seler finally replied to my email and informed me that the repair'refurbishing was done not by M$...So that means chances are that M$ will deny the claim to rpair nad im stuck with a nice big paperweight... We've decided to buy a new one, and will return it to them for a refund...lets see if they nail me with any charges, ie shipping....:ninja:

Return it to the seller?

Or go to the store and buy a new one, then return it to the store?

aquaattak
07-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Return it to the seller?

Or go to the store and buy a new one, then return it to the store?

Sorry, buy a new one and return the paperweight to the ebay vendor...

TexanPhinatic
07-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Did they agree to refund you for the product? If not, I wouldnt send it back ...
If you ever have an issue with EBay, contact the help group immediately if the seller is dragging his feet, they will go to some lengths to protect its buying community. Just make sure its a recent transaction which it sounds like. Keep a record of all emails sent and recieved to/from the seller.

If this seller is generally a good rated one he should be willing to do something. I just hesitate to send the thing back without having reimbursement in hand, though ofc i can see the opposite side of that as well.

Basically try and work something out with the seller, but if nothing is happening dont hesitate to contact EBay or the monetary group your using (Paypal/Credit company etc)

Personally id never buy anything that expensive from EBay though. I found a good deal at Target and got an Elite for $450 like 2 weeks ago. Check around for deals and stuff. I got $50 bucks off for signing up for a Target credit card that i may or may not ever use lol :)

GridIronKing34
07-12-2007, 10:03 PM
I'd go to Wal Mart, say you got it as a gift and never got a receipt and it died when you first started it. If you complain enough, they'll replace it. Works for video games, probably will work for the console too, just remember, you're in charge and after a while they give in.

SpurzN703
07-12-2007, 10:09 PM

He wont be able to keep the 360 AND get a refund. It's one or the other with EBay. He'll have to send the system back to get the refund

PeaTearGriffin
07-13-2007, 01:47 AM
welp mine finally went today. after a year and a half :boohoo:

RIP My 360

Agent51
07-13-2007, 07:32 AM
I'd go to Wal Mart, say you got it as a gift and never got a receipt and it died when you first started it. If you complain enough, they'll replace it. Works for video games, probably will work for the console too, just remember, you're in charge and after a while they give in.

I used to do that ALL the time with games when I was younger :lol:. I'd buy a game, play it and either beat it or it would suck, and I'd just go to a store, say I got it for my B-Day and it was defective and exchange it for a copy of the same game, then I would take that game to a different store and say it was a B-Day gift but I already had it, and didn't have a reciept, so could I exchange it for store credit, which I always could, and I'd just get a new game. Worked everytime, until stores added the new policy where if you had a "defective" game and needed a new copy, they would OPEN the package of the new copy and give it to you, so the seal would be broken, essentially preventing you from going to a different store (or going back to their store a different day) and using the "it's a gift and I lost my reciept" excuse for store credit, since it would be an open copy :boohoo:

However, this will not work with an actual system (unless you get a complete idiot) because every single retail chain has policies to check the serial numbers and package contents on system returns (I used to be the assistant manager at a KB Toys when I was in high school, so I know all about it) and he already said there's a refurbished sticker on it so that would be a dead giveaway, and even if he removed it, returning a console that expensive, defective or not, would be pretty difficult without a reciept to prove it.

zachequalsgod
07-13-2007, 09:35 AM
It wasnt done thru paypal...
I'm late on this discussion, but here's a few tips from me. I buy and sell a lot through eBay, I've bought shirts, a TV, games, shoes, electronics, etc... and sold shirts, electronics, action figures, posters, ATVs, etc...

A tip I would give you is ALWAYS use PayPal. If the seller says they don't accept PayPal, don't buy from them. If for some reason you do have to use another means of payment, discuss the payment arrangements in depth over eBay (not e-mail), as eBay keeps all messages on record.

One more tip, give this seller NEGATIVE feedback as soon as you get your money back. I don't care if he refunds you or not, he deceived you and broke your little guy's heart. Explain in your feedback that it's not refurbished by Microsoft. Negative feedback will help stop future children from crying and fathers from cracking teeth :D

Motion
07-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Man, these things are dropping like flies.