PDA

View Full Version : Pollack out for 2007

TotoreMexico
07-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Despite optimism from several months ago that Bengals linebacker David Pollack might be able to return to the NFL after undergoing surgery to repair a broken neck, coach Marvin Lewis has acknowledged that Pollack won't play in 2007 (http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6121).
It's possible that Pollack will return in 2008.
Pollac's teammate in Cincinnati and Georgia, linebacker Odell Thurman, is still waiting to hear from the league about his application for reinstatement following a one-year suspension for multiple violations of the league's substance abuse policy. Prior reports indicated that a decision could come by Wednesday; a ruling isn't expected until next week at the earliest, according to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com.

Perfect23
07-12-2007, 02:32 PM
to bad he was a bust anyway this was probablly the best thing to hapen to him

playmaker1
07-12-2007, 02:56 PM
I didn't think he would ever play again. That was a crazy neck injury. He was so talented. I feel so bad for him.

Did you guys see the report on him last year. I think it was durring a monday night half time.

playmaker1
07-12-2007, 02:59 PM

How can you call someone a bust after only playing in 16 games? The best thing happened to him was to almost be paralyzed for life? That is a horrible post.
:shakeno:

amir7
07-14-2007, 06:43 PM
i remember last year they were just hoping he could walk again. good to hear he is trying to make a return.

Perfect23
07-14-2007, 06:45 PM
well that's what you get for trying to tackle a truck head first

DonShula84
07-14-2007, 06:58 PM

What a stupid *** post. :rolleyes:

Nappy Roots
07-14-2007, 07:49 PM
What a stupid *** post. :rolleyes:

are u surprised? nothin different then any of his other posts....

DonShula84
07-14-2007, 08:44 PM

very true.

Perfect23
07-14-2007, 08:52 PM

I have feelings too:boohoo:

Martel
07-14-2007, 10:19 PM
I have feelings too:boohoo:

Yeah man when that guy from the Pats died your response was "**** Happens", then you get on here crying about how your mom stole a G from you, like it was the biggest deal in the world. You have alot of growing up to do dude. Think a little before you post.

playmaker1
07-14-2007, 11:07 PM
well that's what you get for trying to tackle a truck head first

:shakeno: accidents happen in football. He is lucky to be able to do the little that he can now. I hope he continues to recover as well as he has been

Perfect23
07-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Yeah man when that guy from the Pats died your response was "**** Happens", then you get on here crying about how your mom stole a G from you, like it was the biggest deal in the world. You have alot of growing up to do dude. Think a little before you post.

:jimmyjames:

HysterikiLL
07-15-2007, 01:24 AM
:stupid:

Roman529
07-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Despite optimism from several months ago that Bengals linebacker David Pollack might be able to return to the NFL after undergoing surgery to repair a broken neck, coach Marvin Lewis has acknowledged that Pollack won't play in 2007 (http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6121).

It's possible that Pollack will return in 2008.

Pollac's teammate in Cincinnati and Georgia, linebacker Odell Thurman, is still waiting to hear from the league about his application for reinstatement following a one-year suspension for multiple violations of the league's substance abuse policy. Prior reports indicated that a decision could come by Wednesday; a ruling isn't expected until next week at the earliest, according to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com.

I think Pollack needs to retire. One more hit to the neck and not only will he not being playing football, but he could spend the rest of his life paralized. It is not worth the risk. :rolleyes:

Aussiefinfan54
07-15-2007, 05:32 AM

that is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. not only for the obvious reasons of having a badly injured neck being a good thing. but he was not a bust at all he was starting for them in only his second season and in the first he had something like 28 tackles and 4.5 sacks in limited playing time. not to shabby if you ask me.

Skeet84
07-15-2007, 06:39 AM
I hope this guy can get his career back on track. He played great with Georgia!

bullseyeguy
07-15-2007, 06:08 PM
What a sad story this is, I was really hoping he could make a return this year. I'm really hoping he is physically cleared to make it back in 08. He might not be the same after the injury, but just overcoming this and getting back on the field would be a great example for others to never give up, and it would be like a dream come true for him...

And Perfect, its obvious you make these stupid posts just for attention, but it really isn't needed. You have asked for advice on here several times, in threads and in PMs. A lot of people have given you solid advice, and were genuinely trying to help you out. If you continue to turn people away, and act like a fool no one is going to ever give you advice or try and help you again. In fact you are on the fast track to getting banned if you continue on your recent path...

Oh and by the way, Pollack was a good player with tons of upside...

retired opfinistic
07-16-2007, 09:47 AM
I hope this guy can get his career back on track. He played great with Georgia!I rather hope he recovers and gets out of football ASAP. Too much risk at this point to continue playing such a high impact game.

bullseyeguy
07-16-2007, 11:02 AM
I rather hope he recovers and gets out of football ASAP. Too much risk at this point to continue playing such a high impact game.Yeah you make a point, but the guy wants to play. Im sure he knows the risks, but he obviously loves the game, and wants to continue to pursue his dream.

retired opfinistic
07-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Yeah you make a point, but the guy wants to play. Im sure he knows the risks, but he obviously loves the game, and wants to continue to pursue his dream.It would be tough to give up a dream, but he's got to think of his health first. There are plenty of other ways to be involved in the sport without taking a beating on a weekly basis.

Sethdaddy8
07-16-2007, 01:37 PM
how did he break his neck ?

playmaker1
07-17-2007, 03:00 PM
It would be tough to give up a dream, but he's got to think of his health first. There are plenty of other ways to be involved in the sport without taking a beating on a weekly basis.

That would be hard to finally make it, then have that happen. I feel really bad for him

playmaker1
07-17-2007, 03:01 PM
how did he break his neck ?
Making a tackle

Skeet84
07-17-2007, 03:50 PM
That sucks! Hope he is back in 08