View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Sethdaddy8
07-13-2007, 12:51 AM
q-kfmP0Tui0

Ign scores it a 9.3 out of 10.

Thoughts on this game?

Dolfan5000
07-13-2007, 01:35 AM
Downloaded the demo off the psn network tonight actually. It's pretty cool it's like a god of war tenchu style. Your dude has his own flair and it's fun to play. Easy to get into too. A friend and are actually going to get the real game tomarrow.

edit- the graphics kick arse too

Sethdaddy8
07-13-2007, 02:01 AM
yea it seems like a must own among the not so great collection of ps3 titles available ths far...i liked the demo, ill give it a shot.

Sethdaddy8
07-16-2007, 02:04 AM
anybody play this yet? I'm about to start.

Megatron
07-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah I'm recovering from a solid day of beer and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. What a fun game, and damn addicting.

FinsNCanes
07-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Sigma inspired me to go out and play Ninja Gaiden Black.

I'm on like the 3rd level..hard ****ing game.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Ninja Gaiden is one of the hardest and most satisfying games I have played.

Desides
07-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Ninja Gaiden is one of the hardest and most satisfying games I have played.

Ninja Gaiden/Black/Sigma is NOT hard. It's simply a game where the enemies have just as good a chance to beat you as you have to beat them--a level of balance that almost no game has ever bothered to implement. Usually a game will tilt the game's balance toward the player: not so here.

Devil May Cry 3 is a genuinely hard game, just because you're engaged in a war of attrition with the damn game simply to progress. It's extremely unfair.

mor911
07-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Isn't Sigma simply a remake of Black?

JL25
07-16-2007, 11:52 PM
It's a great game. Best game for the PS3 so far IMHO.

Desides
07-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Isn't Sigma simply a remake of Black?

Yes and no. It's the same basic game from NG and NGB, but with numerous changes, additions, renovations, and expansions. Check out the reviews on IGN and Gamespot; they detail a partial list of the changes between Sigma and the Xbox versions.

FinsNCanes
07-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Ninja Gaiden/Black/Sigma is NOT hard. It's simply a game where the enemies have just as good a chance to beat you as you have to beat them--a level of balance that almost no game has ever bothered to implement. Usually a game will tilt the game's balance toward the player: not so here.

Devil May Cry 3 is a genuinely hard game, just because you're engaged in a war of attrition with the damn game simply to progress. It's extremely unfair.

When 8 ninjas are constantly hitting me and dropping bombs that aren't blockalbe it becomes a *****.

I'm on level 5 right now and can't seem to get past the Fiends and the worm..thing. I might just need to go back and buy like 8 potions or something.

Desides
07-17-2007, 08:21 PM
When 8 ninjas are constantly hitting me and dropping bombs that aren't blockalbe it becomes a *****.

Blocking is overrated. I have never encountered a need to block regular enemies in Ninja Gaiden. Ever. You should ALWAYS be on the offense, even if you're evading attacks; throw shurikens at someone.

Speaking of shurikens, the explosive shurikens you're talking about can be countered simply by rolling a split second before they explode; the rolling action will nullify the explosion, doing no damage and not sending you flying.

I'm on level 5 right now and can't seem to get past the Fiends and the worm..thing. I might just need to go back and buy like 8 potions or something.

Huh? Chapter 5 doesn't have any of the worm bosses.

FinsNCanes
07-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Blocking is overrated. I have never encountered a need to block regular enemies in Ninja Gaiden. Ever. You should ALWAYS be on the offense, even if you're evading attacks; throw shurikens at someone.

Speaking of shurikens, the explosive shurikens you're talking about can be countered simply by rolling a split second before they explode; the rolling action will nullify the explosion, doing no damage and not sending you flying.

Huh? Chapter 5 doesn't have any of the worm bosses.

I actually find blocking and doing the counters pretty useful. I just picked up the nunchuk blade things. I still prefer the sword though.

Desides
07-18-2007, 05:45 PM
I actually find blocking and doing the counters pretty useful. I just picked up the nunchuk blade things. I still prefer the sword though.

The flail is pretty nice, but don't get too comfortable with it. It's a spot weapon, but not something you'd want to use full-time.

Same with counters; nice in a pinch, but there are enemies out there that counters are useless with, therefore you need to know how to do more than block and wait for someone to make the mistake of attacking you.

Greatness920
07-19-2007, 04:05 PM
i want the game but i dont wanna spend 60 bucks on it ill wait a lil im sure its crazy good the demo was even ahrd and hard games last longer making thm better

Sethdaddy8
07-21-2007, 12:55 AM
how many chapters in this game, im on Ch. 6?

FinsNCanes
07-21-2007, 11:53 AM

I'm on 7. Just go look at a FAQ or something real quick. I think there is like 15? I could be way off.

Sethdaddy8
07-21-2007, 09:33 PM
this game is really fun. its hard for me, i don't have the greatest gaming dexterity, but it is awesome.

Desides
07-21-2007, 10:20 PM

There are 19 up from 16 in the Xbox version.

You know, if you guys are really having trouble with this game, I suggest you check out the videos on this site. (http://www.iberiansngrealm.com/)

Sethdaddy8
07-21-2007, 11:41 PM
ch. 6 is ridiculous, im gonna throw this disc through my f***ing window. first u jhave the beat 2 sets of motorcycles, then 3 red devils things...and then this stupid squid blob mother *******???? gimme a break, i dont need to play this game for 90 hours.

Desides
07-22-2007, 04:35 AM
ch. 6 is ridiculous, im gonna throw this disc through my f***ing window. first u jhave the beat 2 sets of motorcycles, then 3 red devils things...and then this stupid squid blob mother *******???? gimme a break, i dont need to play this game for 90 hours.

All of those are easy. The tentacle thing is probably the easiest boss in the game, to the point where you encounter two or three of them as regular enemies a few chapters down the road.

Antoni
07-22-2007, 06:02 AM
Awesome game, the Ninja Gaidens never dissapoint.

NG3 for the NES is still the best though :sidelol:

FinsNCanes
07-22-2007, 10:43 AM

Motorcycle things? The blob guys are easy. Just use your magic (whatever it's called) and jump and just start whacking his tentacles off. I used the jump and Y (where he dashes through the air) move alot (in general really).

I'm currently on 7 at this big demon ***** who takes half your life in one hit with her thighs. It sucks.

Sethdaddy8
07-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Motorcycle things? The blob guys are easy. Just use your magic (whatever it's called) and jump and just start whacking his tentacles off. I used the jump and Y (where he dashes through the air) move alot (in general really).

I'm currently on 7 at this big demon ***** who takes half your life in one hit with her thighs. It sucks.

ch. 7 is going well, yet another long chapter...great, and impossible ***** lies at the end again. ch. 5 was weird, it took like 5 minites with that chick.

Sethdaddy8
07-22-2007, 03:37 PM

im fighting a demon b**** in ch. 9, is that who you mean? i cant even get a shot on her, how do you beat her?

FinsNCanes
07-22-2007, 03:39 PM
im fighting a demon b**** in ch. 9, is that who you mean? i cant even get a shot on her, how do you beat her?

Maybe it is Chapter 9..I dunno..:lol:

Are you talking about the one that throws rocks and **** with wings? The one in the huge hall like area? If that's the one..I don't know. I'm on her now and going to run through it again (no potions atm where I saved).

Desides
07-22-2007, 03:58 PM
The boss you two are having trouble with is called Alma. She's been legendary for giving people trouble, even though I think she's easy as hell...

Check out the site I linked before for a video on how to beat her.

Megatron
07-22-2007, 05:26 PM
The boss you two are having trouble with is called Alma. She's been legendary for giving people trouble, even though I think she's easy as hell...

Check out the site I linked before for a video on how to beat her. Oh hail the ultimate game player.:tongue:

Desides
07-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh hail the ultimate game player.:tongue:

Seriously, I don't think the game is hard.

Dolfan5000
07-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Seriously, I don't think the game is hard.
It's not really, I'm at Alma now and I just have been to lazy to go back and beat her.

Sethdaddy8
07-23-2007, 12:56 AM
im sick of this *****...i have 2 potions and just cant beat her with just that. im stuck big time. im using the double swords...just cant get her in time.

Desides
07-23-2007, 05:06 PM
im sick of this *****...i have 2 potions and just cant beat her with just that. im stuck big time. im using the double swords...just cant get her in time.

By now, you should have the Dragon Sword at level 2. Use that.

Dolfan5000
07-23-2007, 07:19 PM
By now, you should have the Dragon Sword at level 2. Use that.
I used the double swords to beat her last night. Of course I had four elixirs but what I did was use the jump, direction with analog stick and triangle attack to knock her down and stun her. When she's down beat the **** out of her with combos that start with triangle.

FinsNCanes
07-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Double swords? You must be playing the actual Sigma I guess? I'm just playing the original one. I think they are "roughly" pretty much the same though.

Although duel weild would be nice.

Desides
07-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Double swords? You must be playing the actual Sigma I guess? I'm just playing the original one. I think they are "roughly" pretty much the same though.

Although duel weild would be nice.

Sigma's been expanded and elaborated upon from the Xbox originals. There really isn't much of a comparison between the two, except to say that the basic game is the same. But there really is a difference between Sigma and the Xbox versions, and it's worth it to play Sigma even if you've played the Xbox versions. (This is coming from someone who bought and played both Xbox version.)