PDA

View Full Version : RPG + 360 = Awesome!

Lukin
07-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Obviously, being an RPG fan and owning an Xbox hasn't been a very good thing in the past. But the comming year is going to be awesome for RPG fans who own 360s! Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Lost Oddessy, Eternal Sonata, Two Worlds.. am I forgetting any?

Anyway, the point of the thread is: what new RPG is everyone most looking forward to? Personally, I can't wait for Mass Effect. Bioware has made two of the greatest RPGs of all time (KOTOR, Jade Empire) and this new one looks incredible.

mor911
07-13-2007, 12:46 PM
The 360 is an RPG lover's dream. jeeeezus. Lost Odyssey is probably the game I'm waiting for the most.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Lost Oddessy. That might be my new must buy a 360 for.

mor911
07-13-2007, 12:52 PM
:drool:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21510.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21475.html

Stitches
07-13-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm looking foreward to Last Remnant most I think, but I probably haven't seen enough of Lost Oddesy yet. With that said Blue Dragon and Mass Effect are way up on my wanted games list.

amir7
07-13-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm looking foreward to Last Remnant most I think, but I probably haven't seen enough of Lost Oddesy yet. With that said Blue Dragon and Mass Effect are way up on my wanted games list.

i'm also looking forward to the last remnant, but my most anticipated is Eternal Sonata, I love the battle system, and the art looks great. man, i cant wait for all these games:)

washFin84
07-13-2007, 03:59 PM
damn..I thought this was going to be a post like mor's camera footage of the xbox into the canal or the running over the psp/or whatever that was in that cool car (impala?).

Rocket propelled gernades and a 360 = awesome :goof:

very misleading...lol

Majpain
07-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Enteral Sonata is number 2 on my list. Game has a very unique combat system.

FinsNCanes
07-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Why did you buy an 360 if you like RPG more? I always thought Sony had hell of alot better RPGs than Microsoft.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Why did you buy an 360 if you like RPG more? I always thought Sony had hell of alot better RPGs than Microsoft.

that was VERY VERY VERY true for the ps2. Microsoft worked hard making that less true for 360.

Majpain
07-13-2007, 06:36 PM

Not anymore. Mass Effect is easily the best RPG thats coming out. Not even Final Fantasy can stand up to it.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Not anymore. Mass Effect is easily the best RPG thats coming out. Not even Final Fantasy can stand up to it.

you really believe that?

mor911
07-13-2007, 07:19 PM
I don't think the new FF games are all that... If Mass Effect delopes the was KOTOR has been and FF's quality goes down the way it has been... I agree that Mass Effect will be a better game than FF13

Majpain
07-13-2007, 07:25 PM
you really believe that?

Yeah I do FF is crap.

mor911
07-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah I do FF is crap.Let's not get crazy and say something stupid. FF12 was a GREAT game. One of the best. Not better than KOTOR... But still a must play RPG for any RPG fan. Granted, it's not the caliber of great FF titles (4, 6, and 7)... But it's a great game nonetheless.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-13-2007, 07:34 PM
myself I think Lost Oddessy looks better than Mass Effect.

I need to see more of 13 myself. So far it is looking really beautiful.

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Lost Odyssey = Final Fantasy for the 360, right? That's the impressions I read after E3.

I'm all about Mass Effect, and maybe Bioshock, though I guess that is more of a shooter with RPG elements?

Anyway, RPG fans now have reasons to own a 360, unlike the RPG wasteland that was the original Xbox (other than Morrowind).

Majpain
07-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Let's not get crazy and say something stupid. FF12 was a GREAT game. One of the best. Not better than KOTOR... But still a must play RPG for any RPG fan. Granted, it's not the caliber of great FF titles (4, 6, and 7)... But it's a great game nonetheless.

I really could never get into a FF game. Well maybe 7 and some other one but the more recent ones are meh. I hate the battle system in that series.

FinsNCanes
07-13-2007, 10:36 PM

LOL

Go to your room.

Majpain
07-13-2007, 10:50 PM
LOL

Go to your room.

What are you a FF fanboy?

What makes FF great? Just curious?

Mass Effect

Great Graphics
Great Voice Overs
Great Combat System
Gameplay??? Only time will tell but I have a feeling its going to rock.
Great story.

Bruzer
07-13-2007, 10:55 PM
I really could never get into a FF game. Well maybe 7 and some other one but the more recent ones are meh. I hate the battle system in that series.

Same here the combat I really really don't like imo Kotor is better than any ff game and mass effect looks like it could be very very good I will wait on gameplay but so far it has impressed me more than any ff game did.

Stitches
07-13-2007, 10:56 PM

Mass Effect

Great Graphics
Great Voice Overs
Great Combat System
Great story.

Sounds like FFX :chuckle:

Stitches
07-13-2007, 10:58 PM
myself I think Lost Oddessy looks better than Mass Effect.

I need to see more of 13 myself. So far it is looking really beautiful.

I think it looks wonderful too. But in recent memory, I can't remember a FF game that I didn't think looked sweet at the time.

Majpain
07-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Sounds like FFX :chuckle:

Your joking right? How can turnbase be a good gameplay? Now I can handle some turnbase games but FF is really really SLOOOOW.

Stitches
07-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Your joking right? How can turnbase be a good gameplay? Now I can handle some turnbase games but FF is really really SLOOOOW.

Maybe not on par with Mass Effect, but for its generation, yes that is my opinion of FFX.

And if you don't like turnbase, of course you won't think it has good gameplay. As for it being "slooow," it seemed the same pace as many other RPGs I have played, so I guess I just didn't see it.

Majpain
07-14-2007, 02:05 AM
Maybe not on par with Mass Effect, but for its generation, yes that is my opinion of FFX.

And if you don't like turnbase, of course you won't think it has good gameplay. As for it being "slooow," it seemed the same pace as many other RPGs I have played, so I guess I just didn't see it.

I like certain Turn base styles. I'm just not a fan of theirs.

FinsNCanes
07-14-2007, 02:15 AM

Mass Effect

Great Graphics
Great Voice Overs
Great Combat System
Great story.

Not at all actually. I played a little bit of it. I enjoyed it..

You're just claiming Mass Effect is better when it's not even out :D

I'll have to go take a look at it to see what all the hooplah is about. I don't keep up on many console games. Mainly MMOs..which is like every few years.

Majpain
07-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Not at all actually. I played a little bit of it. I enjoyed it..

You're just claiming Mass Effect is better when it's not even out :D

I'll have to go take a look at it to see what all the hooplah is about. I don't keep up on many console games. Mainly MMOs..which is like every few years.

:lol: you haven't even seen it

I'm judging from what I can tell from it. Go look at some videos of it.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-14-2007, 02:33 PM
:lol: you haven't even seen it

I'm judging from what I can tell from it. Go look at some videos of it.

ha ha ha, I have seen it.

Majpain
07-14-2007, 03:58 PM
ha ha ha, I have seen it.

I know but FinsNCanes hasn't

:lol:

Greatness920
07-19-2007, 03:03 PM
what exactly is lost oddessy?? is it anything like oblivion?? sry dont know much bout 360 just ps3

mor911
07-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Lost Odyssey is more like a classic Final Fantasy that Oblivion. It's a strong story driven Japanese RPG.

thestern
07-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Final Fantasy just isn't what it used to be. XII was a great game but I don't think I would have liked it less if it didn't have a FF title. Sad thing is a lot of other people wouldn't have even picked up the game if it didn't have the title.

FF never going to be the same game anymore it's Squareenix flagship to try out new battle engine and ultra pretty graphics now. Aside from that many key players that made FF what it was are gone or offer very little to the projects. Series composer Nobou Uematsu is a founder/composer of Mistwalker now Along with FF series creator and one of Squares founder Hironobu Sakaguchi is also a founder/director of Mistwalker. The charactor designer Yo****aka Amono hasn't worked on a Final Fanatsy charactor design since IX and has only done the logo designs for FF since then. Mistwalker is going to try and get Amano to work with them on future projects.

In spirit Mistwalker is the new Square for RPGs atleast to me. So on that note I'm waiting for Lost Odessey

mor911
07-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Final Fantasy just isn't what it used to be. XII was a great game but I don't think I would have liked it less if it didn't have a FF title. Sad thing is a lot of other people wouldn't have even picked up the game if it didn't have the title.

FF never going to be the same game anymore it's Squareenix flagship to try out new battle engine and ultra pretty graphics now. Aside from that many key players that made FF what it was are gone or offer very little to the projects. Series composer Nobou Uematsu is a founder/composer of Mistwalker now Along with FF series creator and one of Squares founder Hironobu Sakaguchi is also a founder/director of Mistwalker. The charactor designer Yo****aka Amono hasn't worked on a Final Fanatsy charactor design since IX and has only done the logo designs for FF since then. Mistwalker is going to try and get Amano to work with them on future projects.

In spirit Mistwalker is the new Square for RPGs atleast to me. So on that note I'm waiting for Lost OdesseyAmerica...

Stitches
07-19-2007, 04:15 PM
America...

**** yeah!

Dolfan984
07-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah I do FF is crap.

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

wow omg wow :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Dolfan984
07-19-2007, 05:39 PM

"Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

:lol:

Majpain
07-19-2007, 08:10 PM
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

wow omg wow :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Well 7 was the last one I liked, of course that was when I was 12.

Now looking back on it, its crap.

Sorry that I upset the FF fanboys.

Dolfan984
07-19-2007, 09:04 PM

Different tastes. I think the 2k football series sucks. Different tastes.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-20-2007, 12:26 AM

what was crap about it? It was revolutionary for its time. It pretty much made RPGs in this country popular. Without it there maybe no Knights of the Old Republic as American RPG makers would probably just stay on the PC.

Basically like me saying Halo is crap because I don't like it. Well I guess I did things like that when I was 18. Aww to be 18 and live the life of, "Its CRAP" or "Is Awesome". Things were so simple back then.

Majpain
07-20-2007, 12:50 AM
what was crap about it? It was revolutionary for its time. It pretty much made RPGs in this country popular. Without it there maybe no Knights of the Old Republic as American RPG makers would probably just stay on the PC.

Basically like me saying Halo is crap because I don't like it. Well I guess I did things like that when I was 18. Aww to be 18 and live the life of, "Its CRAP" or "Is Awesome". Things were so simple back then.

Listen I'm not a fan of slow *** Turn base unless it takes some sort of strat. The spell system is HORRIBLE. Go watch some of Spoonyone's FF review. Its right on the money

Different tastes. I think the 2k football series sucks. Different tastes.

Hey me too :hi5:

Dolfan984
07-20-2007, 12:57 AM

:yeahthat: millions of Americans were turned onto RPGs because of FF7. One of the best stories of all time turn based or not.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-20-2007, 01:06 AM
Listen I'm not a fan of slow *** Turn base unless it takes some sort of strat. The spell system is HORRIBLE. Go watch some of Spoonyone's FF review. Its right on the money

you don't have to be. II believe you missed my point

FinSinceBirth
07-20-2007, 02:06 PM

Now I'm not a FF fanboy because I haven't played every game, nor have I ever finished one. But you do know you could speed up the action of the turn based system so it was faster, or you could make it so it wasn't as turn based where the enemies could still attack you while you planned your next move.

FF3 had a great magic/materia system...........oh the good ole days

FinsNCanes
07-20-2007, 02:44 PM

It's fainbois..

n00blar

VanDolPhan
07-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Mass Effect has won many best of shows since 2006. It's Bioware who has a truly killer record (Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, KOTOR, Jade Empire, etc). It's got a very slick very cool Sci Fi look (any Sci Fi fan should be drooling).

Honestly if this game were PS3 it'd be the only game out there that would have made me buy one :D

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Mass Effect has won many best of shows since 2006. It's Bioware who has a truly killer record (Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, KOTOR, Jade Empire, etc). It's got a very slick very cool Sci Fi look (any Sci Fi fan should be drooling).

Honestly if this game were PS3 it'd be the only game out there that would have made me buy one :D

Hell I worked on Mass Effect. That game is very <censored>.

Baldur's Gate is freaking awesome and KotOR is one of the best games I have ever played. I am a very big Bioware fan.

SarahAnn
07-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Fallout 3

TexanPhinatic
07-23-2007, 01:13 AM
Yeah Im looking forward to Mass Effect, everything about it looks and sounds great.

Fallout3 is an intriguing title for me as well. The old PC games got some rave reviews in their time, though I never played them.

Gah, my wallet is in pain just anticipating these games.