PDA

View Full Version : Official NCAA Football 08 Release Thread

mor911
07-14-2007, 05:44 PM
In an effort to not have the next two week destroy out lovely boards with 300 different "NCAA 08 SUX" or "NCAA ROXORZ!!!!1" threads I've made an official thread (like with all big releases - duh).

So... Enjoy. Talk. Complain. Praise. Be nice.

I'll have it in... an hour.
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:evil:

Skeet84
07-14-2007, 05:46 PM
I can't wait for this game to come out

PeaTearGriffin
07-14-2007, 05:57 PM
i was excited but i had to send my 360 in...does anyone know how long it usually takes to get it back?

GridIronKing34
07-14-2007, 05:58 PM
In an effort to not have the next two week destroy out lovely boards with 300 different "NCAA 08 SUX" or "NCAA ROXORZ!!!!1" threads I've made an official thread (like with all big releases - duh).

So... Enjoy. Talk. Complain. Praise. Be nice.

I'll have it in... an hour.

:evil:

Cheap***. :wink:

Stitches
07-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Let us know what you think, since you hated the demo Mor.

I'll probably be lining up like a chump at my gamestop at 11pm on monday.

Skeet84
07-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Let us know what you think, since you hated the demo Mor.

I'll probably be lining up like a chump at my gamestop at 11pm on monday.

Your not a chump you just like the game alot. I only say that cause I do that also

GridIronKing34
07-14-2007, 06:06 PM
It should be a good time, I'll be able to make the U of Iowa champions... This time they're not going to get screwed over in the Outback Bowl against Florida! (Said that just for you, Skeet)

QuenteK25
07-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Did you have it DL-ing before you got my PM mor? I'd like to think I might have tuned the great mor in to it's release (not that you didn't know it would be leaked early.) But I'm guessing by the DL time you have left that you knew it was out before I PM'ed ya. Sucks for me to be stuck at the in-laws with SLOOOOOW net. Then again I can't burn it to a disc to play til I get home anyway.

QuenteK25
07-14-2007, 06:10 PM
It should be a good time, I'll be able to make the U of Iowa champions... This time they're not going to get screwed over in the Outback Bowl against Florida! (Said that just for you, Skeet)

LOL, now matter how many times I tried I couldn't make BYU champions in the first season on last years game unless I messed with their schedule to stick some powerhouses in there. Cracking the top 10 was the best I could do. I did win the Heisman with Beck several times though and always got an invite to the Big 10 the next season.

mor911
07-14-2007, 06:14 PM
I actually found out about it a few minutes before I went on to FH. :D thnx tho. Us ripper-offers need to watch each other's backs. :lol:

amir7
07-14-2007, 06:23 PM
i hated the demo, let me know what you guys think of the completed version

Skeet84
07-14-2007, 06:30 PM

No need to hate bro. There was alot of bad calls in that Outback bowl.

Stitches
07-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Your not a chump you just like the game alot. I only say that cause I do that also
I was just saying I was a chump, because I wasn't getting it early like a few people on this forum. :wink:

HysterikiLL
07-14-2007, 07:05 PM
I seem to be the only person on this site with a PS2 anymore :( so does anyone know if they even bothered to update the PS2 version? Will we get the same new features that the 360 and PS3 are getting or did EA do a big "**** you" to the little guy?

It sucks man. I can't get either a 360 or a PS3 chipped here, and a PS3 costs almost 2 grand here...and Madden and NCAA are the only damn games I ever play!

Stitches
07-14-2007, 07:11 PM
I seem to be the only person on this site with a PS2 anymore :( so does anyone know if they even bothered to update the PS2 version? Will we get the same new features that the 360 and PS3 are getting or did EA do a big "**** you" to the little guy?

It sucks man. I can't get either a 360 or a PS3 chipped here, and a PS3 costs almost 2 grand here...and Madden and NCAA are the only damn games I ever play!

Have someone stateside buy you a 360 or PS3, then have them mail it to you by like UPS or something.

mor911
07-14-2007, 07:37 PM
uh oh... We're burning

Stitches
07-14-2007, 07:39 PM
What's your background? lol

Brown42000
07-14-2007, 07:53 PM

NCAA for the PS2 is the same game with a few new little things and I heard some of the rosters aren't accurate either. Kind of sucks that EA just gives up on last gen.

mor911
07-14-2007, 08:07 PM
What's your background? lol
starcraft 2 :wink:

Stitches
07-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Gotcha.

Now to the important stuff.

How's the game? :tongue:

Skeet84
07-14-2007, 08:12 PM
I was just saying I was a chump, because I wasn't getting it early like a few people on this forum. :wink:

Well you should make that more clear sometimes! :D

mor911
07-14-2007, 09:03 PM
It's ok. more of the same. if you walked in and I said that i was playing 07, your probably believe.

played an exhibition UM vs Gators and beat them 28-19... it just feels unexiting and empty to me. i just can't put my finger on what exactly it is...

QuenteK25
07-14-2007, 09:13 PM
It's ok. more of the same. if you walked in and I said that i was playing 07, your probably believe.

played an exhibition UM vs Gators and beat them 28-19... it just feels unexiting and empty to me. i just can't put my finger on what exactly it is...

Find any of the trick plays? Give Boise State a try if you haven't, you'd think they'd give them several in their playbook?

Stitches
07-14-2007, 09:52 PM

I thought the demo was unexciting too. But I think it had to do with lack of announcing, and the teams I was using. I had no interest in the players.

Skeet84
07-15-2007, 06:13 AM
I am really stoked about the recruiting

Slappy8800
07-15-2007, 11:21 AM
hm so gamestop is having a midnight release? i preordered it when can i pick mine up?

Stitches
07-15-2007, 12:02 PM
hm so gamestop is having a midnight release? i preordered it when can i pick mine up?

12:00am on Tuesday, assuming you are first in line.

Stitches
07-15-2007, 12:03 PM
I am really stoked about the recruiting

Me too!

I really want to do the Campus Legend too.

Anyways, I played the demo on 360 last night, on the big screen in the Main Hall it had highlight of the Akron Zips vs Kent State. I didn't know if it did that because it could tell my location, or if it was just a random selection of rivals playing. But I thought that was pretty awesome.

mor911
07-15-2007, 01:05 PM
I gave a major complaint now that I've played the game a bit.

FIELD GOALS

I've personally witnessed the Gators and the Noles (comp controlled) kickers make 53+ yard field goals at angles several times a game. Infact, I haven't seen the computer miss a field goal yet.

They got some pro calibur kickers in this mofo. Not to mention I created a campus legend (going well, details in a bit) and in the simi-finals for the highschool playoffs, both my highschool and the opposing highschool hit 53+ yard field goals. WTF?

My second complaint is probably just me being me... But the auto photo feature (supposed to take big pictures to show off big plays) never seems to get the big play. Infact, it seems to get the dullness after the play is over. For example, I get a huge pass and break a tackle. Somehow, the auto picture is me on the floor pancaked by 2 defenders... love to show hat crap to my buddies :lol:

QuenteK25
07-15-2007, 02:27 PM
I noticed that auto photo feature being off in the demo as well. Didn't like it one bit. At least it is fast and over with quickly I guess.

As for the kickers, that sucks. Although the one field goal I had attempted against me by USC in the demo, they missed. About a 40 yarder and he pushed it right. I was shocked to see them miss.

I also found onside kicks to either be too easy or just a matter of me getting lucky on the demo. 2 onside kicks, both recovered by me.

VT Dolphan
07-15-2007, 02:41 PM

FIELD GOALS

I've personally witnessed the Gators and the Noles (comp controlled) kickers make 53+ yard field goals at angles several times a game. Infact, I haven't seen the computer miss a field goal yet.

They got some pro calibur kickers in this mofo. Not to mention I created a campus legend (going well, details in a bit) and in the simi-finals for the highschool playoffs, both my highschool and the opposing highschool hit 53+ yard field goals. WTF?

My second complaint is probably just me being me... But the auto photo feature (supposed to take big pictures to show off big plays) never seems to get the big play. Infact, it seems to get the dullness after the play is over. For example, I get a huge pass and break a tackle. Somehow, the auto picture is me on the floor pancaked by 2 defenders... love to show hat crap to my buddies :lol:

Do they still have sliders so you can turn down kick power, accuracy, all that stuff?

mor911
07-15-2007, 08:08 PM
I'll give props where props are due... The new Dynasty layout is a win. The recruiting overhaul is also great.

Stitches
07-15-2007, 08:59 PM
I'll give props where props are due... The new Dynasty layout is a win. The recruiting overhaul is also great.

That's what I want to hear most.

Brown42000
07-15-2007, 11:34 PM

FIELD GOALS

The field goal thing was a big problem in last years too, all the times I had played a game against the computer I never saw them miss a field goal and was hoping they would fix but apparently they haven't.

QuenteK25
07-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Just got through playing my first game. Definitely looks and feels like 07, but that was to be expected IMO. I like the gang tackling and the fact that I actually made it through a game where no one was able to just go past a hoard of guys while performing some dumb animation.

My main complaint is that John Beck is no longer on BYU in this game...I guess that would have been asking too much :)

Skeet84
07-16-2007, 01:20 AM
That's what I want to hear most.

Yeah I agree! Thats where I play most of the time

Stitches
07-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Still not sure if I want to go line up at 11 so I can get it right away, or if I just want to leave my house about midnight so I can get there as the line starts to die down. Hmmm....choices.

Stitches
07-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Well hopefully in around 2 hours I won't be too far back in line from picking up my copy. Hope I can get started with campus Legend before I pass out and sleep.

Blade
07-17-2007, 03:54 AM
I went to Wal Mart to buy it and the PS3 verison didnt come in. So, ill have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to play it.

chillwill3000
07-17-2007, 08:50 AM
I went out at midnight and picked up NCAA 08 for the 360, played a quick game on All-American as the UGA Bulldogs and lost to Auburn 20-13. I threw 3 picks. The computer AI is a lot better this year. Just wondering how everyone else did in their first game against the CPU on All-American.

Mindwarp
07-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Well I played last night for about an hour with a butt load of pauses (kids) Made a Campus Legend, an Option QB. The High School Playoffs where pretty cool. and showing you after each game what Schools came out to scout you was pretty cool also. USC was at all my games but they wanted me as a 3rd string QB, and I was a 5Star Recruit. Ended up going to Arkansas cause they told me I would start. My other option at a Starting Role in the top 25 was for Boise State, but there was NO WAY I would play on blue field for 4 years. F that.

I had every Rank School want me and a butt load of unranked schools, but most of them where 2nd and 3rd string and one unranked team even offered me the 4th string job.. WTF? :lol:

I haven't played a game as Arkansas yet. Hope they like to pass the ball, or at least let me take off and run. LOL

Motion
07-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Well I played last night for about an hour with a butt load of pauses (kids) Made a Campus Legend, an Option QB. The High School Playoffs where pretty cool. and showing you after each game what Schools came out to scout you was pretty cool also. USC was at all my games but they wanted me as a 3rd string QB, and I was a 5Star Recruit. Ended up going to Arkansas cause they told me I would start. My other option at a Starting Role in the top 25 was for Boise State, but there was NO WAY I would play on blue field for 4 years. F that.

I had every Rank School want me and a butt load of unranked schools, but most of them where 2nd and 3rd string and one unranked team even offered me the 4th string job.. WTF? :lol:

I haven't played a game as Arkansas yet. Hope they like to pass the ball, or at least let me take off and run. LOL

Sounds awesome. I like how they offer you certain string spots.

Stitches
07-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Arkansas will get you to hand off to McFadden all the time.

I didn't play it last night, I was real tired and didnt want to screw up work. I'm still not sure if I want to be a WR or a S. I know if Toledo or Akron recruits me with a chance to start, I'll go there no problem. And I would love to play on blue turf for 4 years, lol.

QuenteK25
07-17-2007, 09:27 AM
I went out at midnight and picked up NCAA 08 for the 360, played a quick game on All-American as the UGA Bulldogs and lost to Auburn 20-13. I threw 3 picks. The computer AI is a lot better this year. Just wondering how everyone else did in their first game against the CPU on All-American.

I've only played one game so far.

I was West Virginia against Utah (I like to hand them a thorough spanking to break in the game). Beat them 35-14 on Heisman.

From here on out I'll play more realistic and challenging games, but Utah always has to get a butt kicking to open the season.

Mindwarp
07-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Arkansas will get you to hand off to McFadden all the time.

I didn't play it last night, I was real tired and didnt want to screw up work. I'm still not sure if I want to be a WR or a S. I know if Toledo or Akron recruits me with a chance to start, I'll go there no problem. And I would love to play on blue turf for 4 years, lol.

I better be able to set my Audibles then. ;)

theghost
07-17-2007, 10:20 AM
The last NCAA i played was on the ps2 last year.....so will this seem like a big difference on the 360?

mor911
07-17-2007, 10:28 AM
different button scheme... different play mechanics. yes, very different.

GridIronKing34
07-17-2007, 01:34 PM
It'll only take 2-3 games to get use to it. Especially if you've had your 360 for a while. I'm picking up NCAA later today.

Stitches
07-17-2007, 01:40 PM
It'll only take 2-3 games to get use to it. Especially if you've had your 360 for a while. I'm picking up NCAA later today.

:hi5:

playmaker1
07-17-2007, 04:56 PM
I just picked mine up on my lunch break. It is killing me to have it sitting next to me at my desk knowing I can't play it for a few more hours. I might have to cancil the rest of my afternoon

GridIronKing34
07-17-2007, 05:57 PM
On my way to pick it up now! :silverphin:

Stitches
07-17-2007, 06:29 PM
I picked it up, made my WR. Didn't realize how to call for the ball until I made it to my 2nd practice in college!

My HS lost in the semi-final game as my QB threw like 6 picks. He sucked bad(though it was my best game). I ended up as a 4 star recruit and only like 7 starting options(none too good). I picked SJSU, because I was under the impression they pass a lot(though I do wish you could review the school before committing).

playmaker1
07-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Man I can't wait to get home.

tick tick tick ... this is killing me

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Man I can't wait to get home.

tick tick tick ... this is killing me

what is killing me is the amount of blood I am selling tonight so I can afford a ps3. If luck is with me and I live on one pint of blood, I am so getting one.

brandon27
07-17-2007, 07:31 PM
got my copy today on my lunch break, conveniently had a 3:30pm "doctors appointment" so i could get out early.. hah lovin the game so far, just been playing exhibition games... havent gotten into dynasty or anything, ive got to wait till i find some roster files for that. cant stand this QB #7 junk. speaking of which... anyone found a good roster anywhere yet?

K-BayFinFan
07-17-2007, 08:41 PM
My other option at a Starting Role in the top 25 was for Boise State, but there was NO WAY I would play on blue field for 4 years. F that.

I hate that smurf turf too!!:lol:

Nappy Roots
07-17-2007, 09:11 PM
anyone know where i can get the rosters with the name

Stitches
07-17-2007, 09:43 PM
San Jose State's Qb sucks. He has thrown like 14 picks through 4 games, we've yet to win one. I'm on a hot streak at least and am doing awesome considering the QB play.

One thing I want to know why is it won't have my guy return punts or kicks even though the computer assigned me as the starter there.

GridIronKing34
07-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Errr FINALLY got the game. The high school playoffs seem pretty sweet thus far.

HysterikiLL
07-18-2007, 02:00 AM
Are the HS playoffs on PS2 also? I ordered my copy last night but international shipping means I have to wait like 2 weeks playing 07 :grr:

Blade
07-18-2007, 03:00 AM
I like the game so far. I almost finished my first season being Arkansas' QB. The only school besides Boise State that would let me be a starter my freshman year.

I like the game but i am tired of having to watch the replays and not having a way to skip through them. They get annoying real quick.

JT#1
07-18-2007, 04:00 AM
Are the HS playoffs on PS2 also? I ordered my copy last night but international shipping means I have to wait like 2 weeks playing 07 :grr:
where do you live?

Slappy8800
07-18-2007, 04:23 AM
why cant i find any trick plays!!!

Stitches
07-18-2007, 07:20 AM
I like the game so far. I almost finished my first season being Arkansas' QB. The only school besides Boise State that would let me be a starter my freshman year.

I like the game but i am tired of having to watch the replays and not having a way to skip through them. They get annoying real quick.

You have to pause then unpause and it skips through them.

Offerdahl56
07-18-2007, 07:39 AM
i picked it up yesterday and went right into my franchise....wow...the recruting is really different and it took me a bit to get the hang of it...i like that instead of assigining numbers or percentage points to your recruits, you make a "Phone call" and try and gauge what's important....that's pretty cool...

but as far as gameplay goes.....wow....it's soo smooth on the 360 i was amazed...and I also like the Sim feature.....nothing worse than blowing someone out and still having to sit through the whole game....not that I think that will happen alot on all-ameriacan....

but overall I'm pretty impressed so far, it seems like a nice upgrade over NCAA 07...

Stitches
07-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Well SJSU is now like 1-5.

I wish I woulda wet to Southern Miss, Wyoming, or U of Louisiana Lafayette.

BleedinGreenNC
07-18-2007, 09:54 AM
I love the gameplay on the 360!! Very smooth. I do have one question though, have any of you guys been able to make a player, then able to recruit him afterwards?

mor911
07-18-2007, 10:01 AM
I went to FIU and was 0-2 going into FIU's personal SuperBowl... When we play our cross town rivals, The Miami Hurricanes.

HOLY CRAP. We beat the U!!!! Crazy.

QuenteK25
07-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Man, I played through the high school playoffs as a Safety, talk about BORING. I think I averaged about 1/2 tackler per game and no one worth anything wanted me.

When I went through as QB I had my pick of schools, but didn't want to be QB.

I started a new one as WR this morning and about 90% of the time I'm run blocking.

Not sure I like this Legend mode any more than last years.

mor911
07-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Man, I played through the high school playoffs as a Safety, talk about BORING. I think I averaged about 1/2 tackler per game and no one worth anything wanted me.

When I went through as QB I had my pick of schools, but didn't want to be QB.

I started a new one as WR this morning and about 90% of the time I'm run blocking.

Not sure I like this Legend mode any more than last years.in highschool as a WR i did a LOOOOOOOOT of blocking. Once you get to your school, it picks up. At least for me it did.

Mindwarp
07-18-2007, 11:50 AM

same here..
I am Arkansas QB as well. Matter of fact I got the same 2 options.

I am thinking of re doing my Legend cause I really tired of being an option QB

BleedinGreenNC
07-18-2007, 12:02 PM
same here..

I went through it this morning and got the same 2 offers as a starter.

Slappy8800
07-18-2007, 02:37 PM
im the qb at arkansas as well...

BleedinGreenNC
07-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Maybe it's because of the schools that prefer option Qb's.

GridIronKing34
07-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Well SJSU is now like 1-5.

I wish I woulda wet to Southern Miss, Wyoming, or U of Louisiana Lafayette.

Woooo, WVU... good Mountaineers! I got told I'd be a starter... then on the depth chart I was #4... they lie. :boohoo:

Mindwarp
07-18-2007, 03:41 PM
defently going to re-roll him then, I think I might take a back up role and work up to be the starter via Practice.

Slappy8800
07-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Maybe it's because of the schools that prefer option Qb's.

im not an option QB

Blade
07-18-2007, 03:51 PM
same here..

Yea that is true. I hate havin to run options 80% of the time. And not being able to change my audibles blow.

Stitches
07-18-2007, 03:56 PM
defently going to re-roll him then, I think I might take a back up role and work up to be the starter via Practice.

Yea, I was #2 on the depth, but by game 5 I was #1 WR. If I would have know it didn't take so long to move up, I would have taken the 4th option at a school I liked more.

I still want to know why it won't let my guy return punts and kicks though.

HysterikiLL
07-18-2007, 09:01 PM
I still want to know why it won't let my guy return punts and kicks though.

is he white? :lol:

HysterikiLL
07-18-2007, 09:03 PM
where do you live?

I live in New Zealand. Can't buy NCAA here so I have to buy it from the States. I'm like the only guy in the world who bought a mod chip just to play legal games :lol:

Stitches
07-18-2007, 10:30 PM
is he white? :lol:

yea, but he's the highest rated guy on the depth chart and listed as starter.

JT#1
07-19-2007, 01:31 AM
got it today, made a balanced QB. I picked the University of Mia since its my favorite school. I started out 4th on the depth chart but by the 3rd game i was already starting:lol:

Mindwarp
07-19-2007, 08:48 AM
yeah re made my guy last night only played for about 20 mins. so I only got through 2 games.

Balanced QB > Option QB

first game first 2 completions where to the wrong team yeah first 2 passes were INT, but I made up for it with 6 TD passes.

next game was only 3 TD passes but 0 INT. And he can still run some.. No more 65 and 70 yd runs but I can still pull off 9-15 yrd runs which for me is all I really want from my QB

mor911
07-19-2007, 08:50 AM
got it today, made a balanced QB. I picked the University of Mia since its my favorite school. I started out 4th on the depth chart but by the 3rd game i was already starting:lol::hi5: THE U!!!! Good stuff bro.

QuenteK25
07-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Woooo, WVU... good Mountaineers! I got told I'd be a starter... then on the depth chart I was #4... they lie. :boohoo:

Your guy a WR? I just ditched my option QB and started over with a WR (couldn't stand running the option that much and didn't like the audibles much either).

My WR was only offered a starting spot from one ranked school WVU, but also from BYU. I went against BYU (shhhh don't tell, they might kick me out) and went with WVU, but haven't played a game yet.

playmaker1
07-19-2007, 01:47 PM
I just started my mode. Made me a balanced QB. Took the starting job for the terps to be different. My stats look like arena numbers so far. I love this game.

JL25
07-19-2007, 02:33 PM
I made me a coverage FS. Became a 5 star player in HS and won the championship game. Got offers from all schools but none of the top 25 had starting jobs, so I went with the first one on the list which was Hawaii. 3-0 right now and I get 7-10 tkls a game but no ints yet.

QuenteK25
07-19-2007, 03:43 PM
I made me a coverage FS. Became a 5 star player in HS and won the championship game. Got offers from all schools but none of the top 25 had starting jobs, so I went with the first one on the list which was Hawaii. 3-0 right now and I get 7-10 tkls a game but no ints yet.

How did you become 5-Star as a FS? I did that one too, but the opposition would just run short runs or throw short passes.

I think I had a high of 3 tackles one game...

Stitches
07-19-2007, 07:46 PM
So I'm playing dynasty. It's week 2, Akron at Ohio state. I'm down all game pretty much. 4th quarter around two minutes left (1 TO left), I drive all the way down to the 27(after my QB had been hurt in Q1-10 weeks out :cry:). I throw a corner to my TE...

TD!!!!!!

17 secs left or so, 21-17.

I go to kick off, they ****ing run it back.

Unbelievable. I saw like 3 clips, and of course the guy broke like 4 tackles too.

Just ****ing unbelievable.

I'm Supersim-ing in those situations from now on.

Blade
07-19-2007, 09:12 PM
So I'm playing dynasty. It's week 2, Akron at Ohio state. I'm down all game pretty much. 4th quarter around two minutes left (1 TO left), I drive all the way down to the 27(after my QB had been hurt in Q1-10 weeks out :cry:). I throw a corner to my TE...

TD!!!!!!

17 secs left or so, 21-17.

I go to kick off, they ****ing run it back.

Unbelievable. I saw like 3 clips, and of course the guy broke like 4 tackles too.

Just ****ing unbelievable.

I'm Supersim-ing in those situations from now on.

LOL, Go Bucks!!

I hate when **** like that happens.

JL25
07-19-2007, 11:33 PM
How did you become 5-Star as a FS? I did that one too, but the opposition would just run short runs or throw short passes.

I think I had a high of 3 tackles one game...

I was getting 5-6 takles a game. My offense was always scoring so I'd get 2-3 takles on just kickoffs alone. The opposition would throw a lot of medium passes and the running back always broke through to the secondary. I also had 2 forced fumbles. In the championship game, I had 2 ints and one ran back for a td.

JT#1
07-20-2007, 02:54 AM
anyone else get annoyed by how receivers in Campus Legend hardly ever try and make a play on the ball? they just stand there and let the ball zip passed them

Stitches
07-20-2007, 08:09 AM
One thing I really love, is if you have success running the ball, your linemen progressively become more motivated, and eventually become on fire like your runningback.

QuenteK25
07-20-2007, 03:34 PM
One thing I really love, is if you have success running the ball, your linemen progressively become more motivated, and eventually become on fire like your runningback.

Haven't seen that yet, of course it could be because I'm a pass whore

HysterikiLL
07-20-2007, 08:12 PM

What's this motivation thing like? I've always hated the momentum thing because it's like you throw one interception at the start of a game against a top ranked team, and all of a sudden your team gives up. I thought it was too extreme. Hoepfully the momentum is balanced

Stitches
07-20-2007, 08:44 PM
What's this motivation thing like? I've always hated the momentum thing because it's like you throw one interception at the start of a game against a top ranked team, and all of a sudden your team gives up. I thought it was too extreme. Hoepfully the momentum is balanced

It's momentum for individual players, and the better they are, and the more on fire they get the larger influence they have on the people around them.

HysterikiLL
07-21-2007, 04:32 AM
It's momentum for individual players, and the better they are, and the more on fire they get the larger influence they have on the people around them.

Does it go haywire though, like if a receiver has full momentum, is he unstoppable?

Stitches
07-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Does it go haywire though, like if a receiver has full momentum, is he unstoppable?

No, it's not that effective.

QuenteK25
07-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Man, I'm doing a Dynasty with BYU on Heisman difficulty. I'm getting my crap handed to me the majority if the time. Luckily the new recruiting engine is a LOT easier to use. I was able to get BYU a 5 star recruit for the first time in any NCAA game I've played and 11 four star recruits, to make us the #10 recruiting class in the nation. So hopefully I can take the worst rated team to the top in a few seasons.

VT Dolphan
07-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Sometimes when I'm playing a night game, it will switch to daytime unexpectedly, and often well into the game. This happen to anyone else?

HysterikiLL
07-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Few questions -

Recruiting - How is it this year in terms of difficulty. I play with SC most of the time, and when not, usually the Canes. With the bigger schools it's so darn easy to recruit in 07, I can get about 10 5 star players every year...is it harder this version with all the new features in recruiting?

Saving games for PS2 - can you save games in the middle of the game like in Madden? That pissed me off so much in 07 how you can't save and have to play a full game at once

GridIronKing34
07-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Your guy a WR? I just ditched my option QB and started over with a WR (couldn't stand running the option that much and didn't like the audibles much either).

My WR was only offered a starting spot from one ranked school WVU, but also from BYU. I went against BYU (shhhh don't tell, they might kick me out) and went with WVU, but haven't played a game yet.

WR is what I am. I'm on my first game, made my way up to WR #3. I haven't played since Wednesday though, I'm in Ft. Myers right now. Going from oak trees to palm trees is a big difference. :)

NativeFloridian
07-22-2007, 01:30 AM
i have the game for ps3 and i dont really think its that good i mean gameplay just isnt fun, the campus legend mode is cool but time consuming and franchise not as good as madden, this is also my first year using ncaa , i dont really like colledge football nfl is my fav so that might affect my opinion but u know

americanmoose84
07-22-2007, 04:05 AM
Does anyone know why the auto name feature wont work for me?

Nappy Roots
07-22-2007, 01:41 PM
seriously, whats some options to get the real names?

dolphinsfan69
07-22-2007, 02:41 PM
seriously, whats some options to get the real names?

FKrosters.com

You can either send your memory card in to their place with a $5 donation or if you don't have a memory card, you can buy one and send it or buy one of theirs so you don't have to go through the hassle of sending your memory card to them.

mor911
07-22-2007, 04:21 PM
i finally stopped being lazy, uploaded my vids... and found them online. Hope this works.

Theses are from my College Legend, he's a WR for FIU.

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-10090/HOME/5821

houtz
07-23-2007, 12:17 AM
maddenmania.com is where i got mine. ****s legit.

GridIronKing34
07-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Man, every now and then what I don't like is that the QB doesn't know the route he's suppose to throw. I run a comeback and he throws a fly. Also how come you can't float the ball on fly routes, they all seem to go like bullet throws?

Blade
07-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Man, every now and then what I don't like is that the QB doesn't know the route he's suppose to throw. I run a comeback and he throws a fly. Also how come you can't float the ball on fly routes, they all seem to go like bullet throws?

Are you lightly tappin the button to throw the ball?

GridIronKing34
07-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Are you lightly tappin the button to throw the ball?

Yep, I don't know, I'll test it out a few more times I guess.

QuenteK25
07-23-2007, 04:07 PM
i finally stopped being lazy, uploaded my vids... and found them online. Hope this works.

Theses are from my College Legend, he's a WR for FIU.

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-10090/HOME/5821

Hold up Mor...did you get a legit copy or are you still modded on live?

mor911
07-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Hold up Mor...did you get a legit copy or are you still modded on live?
nope, still modded. i fixed it :wink:

HysterikiLL
07-24-2007, 11:30 PM
finally got my copy...this game kicks ***...it's still just a repackaged version of 2006 which was a repackaged version of 05 etc...but hey, the game has always kicked *** and always will...i love the gang tackling but madden still owns as a defensive game

Timmy54
07-25-2007, 10:53 AM
well, I finnally go the game (damn vacation was during the release) and I must say I love it. I am a RB for....the gators. Even tho they started me as 5th on the depth chart (5th i diddnt even know the towel boy was on the depth chart) i finally started after 4 games!!! haa haa. The bad news is I started against LSU and they shut my *** down!! Oh well, the game rocks and I now need to learn how to post my videos to the web?? MOR--some help !!!

Dors156
07-25-2007, 11:26 PM
hey guys quick question. im the gators for my dynasty and did percy harvin change his number or something because i cannot find a number 5 on the roster.

QuenteK25
07-25-2007, 11:43 PM
1 Percy Harvin (http://www.gatorzone.com/football/bios.php?year=2007&player_id=35) WR 5-11 187 SO 1L Virginia Beach, Va./Landstown

Number 1

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/bios.php?year=2007&player_id=35

He was #11 in High School so I guess he was trying to get a similar number, since Jarred Fayson all ready has 11

Timmy54
07-26-2007, 11:31 AM
the percy harvin thing is irking me, he was #8 last year and as far as i know has not changed numbers.

edit: I stand corrected, he is #1 now that Reggie Nelson has left for the NFL. still sucks, I have a really nice #8 that is no longer for the future Heisman Winner.

QuenteK25
07-26-2007, 12:47 PM
the percy harvin thing is irking me, he was #8 last year and as far as i know has not changed numbers.

edit: I stand corrected, he is #1 now that Reggie Nelson has left for the NFL. still sucks, I have a really nice #8 that is no longer for the future Heisman Winner.

He's not going to win the Heisman in his college career... :tsk:

Nappy Roots
07-26-2007, 03:46 PM
playing QB in legand mode might be the most frustrating thing ive ever experience.

**** that mode

JT#1
07-26-2007, 04:27 PM
playing QB in legand mode might be the most frustrating thing ive ever experience.

**** that mode

I agree, after i won b2b Champions ships and heisman in my Qbs Soph year, i just simmed the junior year and exported it.

Nappy Roots
07-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I agree, after i won b2b Champions ships and heisman in my Qbs Soph year, i just simmed the junior year and exported it.

psh, what are you playin on freshman?

im talkin about the inability to hold a block on the oline, and the horrible play calling.

i get hit so much i get hurt almost every game. and we've lost 2 games cuz i went out the whole games for an injury.

footballer
07-26-2007, 08:22 PM
i use the tarheels. on heisman difficulty, i am currently 5-6. last years game, on the same difficulty level, wioth a less talented team, i finished 4th in the country. i love the A.I. in this game...i wpould say only 15-25 percent of the time i feel its cheap, but i audible, and bust them anyway.lol...well ..sometimes...

HysterikiLL
07-27-2007, 11:45 PM
the ai sliders still suck

but the realism of franchise mode is sweet. i'm 7 games in with the trojans, and after just dusting off jiminy clausen and his band of gangly misfits, notre shame are 0-8. clausen got injured after 2 games and got a redshirt teehee..

but ya, i hate the sliders...heisman is killing me, and even on all-american with sliders against me, my running game in insanely good and my passing game is insanely bad...marc tyler is a beast though, no idea why they gave the dude 94 speed, but he's unstoppable...

JT#1
07-28-2007, 01:06 PM
psh, what are you playin on freshman?

im talkin about the inability to hold a block on the oline, and the horrible play calling.

i get hit so much i get hurt almost every game. and we've lost 2 games cuz i went out the whole games for an injury.
lol, i play on all american, and yah seems like every time i do a play action play i get sacked or atleast pressured

Nappy Roots
08-01-2007, 04:06 PM
my autoname feature wont work. this is gay

Brown42000
08-01-2007, 05:18 PM
my autoname feature wont work. this is gay
It doesn't work in Campus Legend for some reason if that is what you are talking about.

Mindwarp
08-01-2007, 05:20 PM
I hate my Oline, but i am Florida State now so I kind of expect them not to hold a block :chuckle:

Play action = Sack for me so I audiable out of it always.

GridIronKing34
08-01-2007, 05:55 PM
And I hate my QB, I swear he can't throw a pass past 20 yards! I'm having Joey Harrington flashbacks. :boohoo: