Congrats to AJ and FinHeaven!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Of course, we wouldn`t have made it without the fantastic moderators. :D

BSanders#20
08-05-2003, 11:05 AM
I think I might of been 2000!

WharfRat
08-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Another milestone for the best DolFan site on the web!!

:thewave:

It's amazing how fast we're growing recently... membership is way up over this time last year...

The best just keeps getting better!

WharfRat
08-05-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by BSanders#20

You are #2000 BSanders!!
Congratulations.... you win...well we don't know what you win yet.... :goof:

Anyway,

Welcome to the best Dol-fan site on the net!! Please feel free to take advantage of everything we have to offer. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact either AJ or myself, or any of our mods/mentors.

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards!

Jon

BSanders#20
08-05-2003, 11:11 AM
I've been using this site for months now and I am very pleased with it, I finally bowed down and registered! High Class site!!!:cool:

Chambers34Phins
08-05-2003, 11:12 AM
How did you draw so much attention to the site?

M-REAL
08-05-2003, 11:57 AM
Welcome aboard Williams34 and BSanders!! This site IS the most active on the entire internet that discusses the Phins. As a matter of fact, an active member here Marino83 has recently been recognized by the Dolphin org. themselves! Mods please correct me if I am wrong.

Scrap
08-05-2003, 12:17 PM
Why does it say he is member 2087 if he is 2000?

Either way, congrats to the FinHeaven staff, and welcome aboard BSanders#20.

iceblizzard69
08-05-2003, 12:19 PM
It means 87 people have been banned from finheaven. :cool:

Capt. Dick
08-05-2003, 12:19 PM
I`d also like to thank Wharf for the great job he`s doing as an admin. Jon, you`re the best! :)

Now get a @!$#^%*! haircut! :D

MDFINFAN
08-05-2003, 12:20 PM
I need to get paid, it's the commentary and debates that I bring to the table, that's gotten all this interest..I think Prime Time, Muck, Minus, and couple of others have helped me achieve this lofty status..LOL..So congrats, let's keep going..

Can we win a SB
08-05-2003, 12:21 PM
When i first came in here , i thought it was great, cause all we did was talk about football.. Now its getting better and better topics as we go in the season!

Scrap
08-05-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
It means 87 people have been banned from finheaven. :cool:

Oh, thanks.

Capt. Dick
08-05-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by BSanders#20

Yes, BSanders, and congrats. I think AJ agreed to award the 2000th member $1,000,000.

But....umm....don`t quote me on that. :D

inFINSible
08-05-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
How did you draw so much attention to the site?

By constantly spamming more successful sites in an obvious attempt to STEAL members away from someone who has dedicated years an years to building his own membership base.....Hey, we know it was totally disrespectful but we didn't care as long as we got the free advertising. :rolleyes:

Chambers34Phins
08-05-2003, 12:53 PM
LOL thanks for the welcome, and that is the way to go. I am doing what your doing, but to a lesser extent, I dont want to make enemies everywhere because I like to post everywhere lol.

Thanks for letting me post my link once though lol.

inFINSible
08-05-2003, 12:58 PM
I was being VERY sarcastic in my previous post.....IMO, you're over-stepping your privelege.

WharfRat
08-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
LOL thanks for the welcome, and that is the way to go. I am doing what your doing, but to a lesser extent, I dont want to make enemies everywhere because I like to post everywhere lol.

Thanks for letting me post my link once though lol.

Actually, inFINS was being sarcastic....

The site has grown through years of hard work by AJ and Gram, through paid advertising, shared links, word of mouth, and submission to search engines, the word gets out.
We stay alive through the donations of members, and from the premium membership, where paid members are given extra "perks".
We keep members by maintaining a community-like atmosphere, offering every thing possible to the membership, and because we have the best members on the web! To my knowledge..nobody has ever spammed other sites trying to draw people to FinHeaven.

AJ and Gram deserve all the credit for building what is now the best and largest DolFan site around!

Muck
08-05-2003, 01:17 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/images/simpsons/ralph04.jpg

This is the face of our 2,000th member

It's like he just wandered on in, completely oblivious to the rest of the world. Am I the only one who thinks this is just hilarious on so many levels?? :rofl:

I love Ralph. :)

WharfRat
08-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Muck
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/images/simpsons/ralph04.jpg

This is the face of our 2,000th memeber

It's like he just wandered on in, completely oblivious to the rest of the world. Am I the only one who thinks this is just hilarious on so many levels?? :rofl:

I love Ralph. :)

:roflmao:

"It tastes like burning!!"

WharfRat
08-05-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick
I`d also like to thank Wharf for the great job he`s doing as an admin. Jon, you`re the best! :)

Awww shucks Cap ... thanks.. but I learned from the best ;)

Now...stop suckin up and get back to work! :D

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

Now get a @!$#^%*! haircut! :D

What's da matter? Jealous? :lol:

Muck
08-05-2003, 01:31 PM
"I have a belly-button!!"

Capt. Dick
08-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat

Awww shucks Cap ... thanks.. but I learned from the best ;)

Now...stop suckin up and get back to work! :D

What's da matter? Jealous? :lol:

Gotta suck up....need a raise. That $1240.00/wk ya`ll pay isn`t enough. :tongue:

JEALOUS of the HAIR?!!....umm....yeah sorta. :D

Bumrush
08-05-2003, 02:34 PM
This is by the best Phins site on the internet. For years I languished in internet newsgroups that were dead the ENTIRE offseason and flooded with spam from Jets fans.

FinHeavenAJ
08-05-2003, 03:36 PM
Wow, this is amazing. Last night there were 1,998 members and today there are 2,002. You have no idea how much this means to me, I mean it may sound stupid and all, but to see the site take off is really exciting. The site has gone through thick and thin, but we've always landed on top.

My thanks...

My dad... LOL... when he finally got me a computer when I was 11. I had to beg him for like a year... :lol:
Laurie, she was a graphics designer a long time ago, really helped me out when the site was a "baby."
Gram, he has helped me out personally in so many ways. When I needed some help, he was always there to lend a hand. I doubt even himself knows how much he's helped me out. :cool:
The staff... you guys are great. I've said this a lot of times in the PMs, but I really appreciate your hard work. It's a tough job... moderating, but you all of you do a great job; allowing me to work on other things with the site (designs, marketing, etc).
Donators... I really appreciate your help with the site. Obviously, without your help, the site would probably not even be here. We would be "FinHeaven WHO!?" I really appreciate your consistant support!
Last, but certainly not least, the fantastic members! Without you guys the site would be dead, and we wouldn't be here. We, the staff, strive to make this place a great community for not just Dolphins talk, but for everything (in their respective forums). We started the site up by doing things a little differently from other boards, and so far our formula has worked. I really appreciate your consistant support for the site!

Alright, that's all. Sorry if I've forgotten anyone... but don't worry, I've thanked you all once before. I just want to thank everyone who made FinHeaven & Co what it is today!

BTW: He is member # 2087 because 87 people have been deleted. People are deleted if they mistakingly register twice.

Also, BSanders#20, since you are the 2000th member, why not I throw something in. If you are interested, please PM me with your address and shirt size (L, XL, XXL) and I'll send you a FinHeaven & Co T-Shirt free of charge :D

Thanks again to everyone that has contributed to the site... I really appreciate your help!

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Muck
08-05-2003, 03:54 PM
hhhhwe rule. [/butthead]

M-REAL
08-05-2003, 04:13 PM
Oh and BTW, forgive me Finheaven founders and staff for not thanking you guys for all the help and hard work!!!:D :D :D :D Ehh, who is Gram guys?

inFINSible
08-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Dolfan87.....The guy with the bad a$$ mustang in his sig...

WharfRat
08-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by M-REAL
Oh and BTW, forgive me Finheaven founders and staff for not thanking you guys for all the help and hard work!!!:D :D :D :D Ehh, who is Gram guys?

Gram is one of the two original Administrators, he and AJ put a lot of blood sweat and tears (Spinning Wheel?) into this site over the years. He "retired" as Admin, but is still an active member.

Dolfan984
08-05-2003, 05:37 PM
GTO > Mustang

but yeah, 2000 Members is a lot, and look how many damn threads there are with only 2000 members. Quite impressive.

Dude
08-05-2003, 07:54 PM
Hats off to the whole group of you!

This is clearly the best fins site on the net. :up:

:thewave: :friday: :happydrin :rocker: :thewave:

Jeep
08-05-2003, 09:18 PM
dang.. and to think.. I knew this place when it had only 1999 members

Miamian
08-06-2003, 01:02 AM
Here's an idea:

AJ for President/Gram as VP.
Wharf as Sec. of State
inFINs as Attorney General
Michele as UN Ambassador
DCH/Dude as Press Secretary/Undersecretary
06, Capt., Muck, MD, et al as members of the Cabinet

The rest of us as Congress

Oops, probably should add Baz to the Cabinet. Sorry I forgot about you Josh;). I'm sure I'm missing others.

miadphan13
08-06-2003, 12:36 PM
As the UN Ambassador and FinHeaven cheerleader, I encourage all of you to tell your friends about this site. I have referred 6 people myself and will continue to do so. Thanks to AJ for making FinHeaven the best damn Dolphins chatboard on the net. Thanks to 87, InFins and Dolfan984 among others for defending me through the years. :) I think I was the 2nd girl (SugarCane) to join an all male chatboard, but everyone welcomed me. Thanks to all of you for caring about FinHeaven in it's darkest hours and making it bigger and better than ever before. :) Great things are still to come!

Blitz Inc
09-01-2003, 12:58 AM
Ummmmmm............

I hate to spoil your guys party, but I think some guy named FireSole (who never posted) is actually member #2000. And I am member #2001. I have been since I registered, because I remember thinking it was a cool number.

Regarding BSanders#20, does someone want to explain why you guys think his member number would go UP if previous users were deleted :confused:

WharfRat
09-01-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Blitz Inc
Ummmmmm............

I hate to spoil your guys party, but I think some guy named FireSole (who never posted) is actually member #2000. And I am member #2001. I have been since I registered, because I remember thinking it was a cool number.

Regarding BSanders#20, does someone want to explain why you guys think his member number would go UP if previous users were deleted :confused:

The number under your avatar does not reflect an accurate number of active members. It includes double entries and deleted accounts. So sorry to spoil your party, but we have a pretty good idea as to how many members there are!
;)

Firesole
10-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Ummmmmm............

I hate to spoil your guys party, but I think some guy named FireSole (who never posted) is actually member #2000.

Hey I post every couple of months :D

BTW, Blitz..are you the same Blitz from the old Miamidolphins.com webboard?

FinHeavenAJ
10-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Wow - time machine!

TerryTate
10-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Where Captain Dick is...who knows...

Jt0323
10-05-2005, 09:25 PM
FireSole ur member 1999, go near ur avatar and the link has a number which shows u ur member number, im member number 6684

WharfRat
10-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Where Captain Dick is...who knows...

He moved to Ohio to take care of his Mom.