PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Who will HAve more Rushing Yards?

FiveStar
07-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Who will Lead the division in rushing yards this season?

FiveStar
07-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Who in the division will have the most rushing yards?

Skeet84
07-17-2007, 03:54 PM
I picked Ronnie Brown, but it could be any of the four.

Jets81
07-17-2007, 08:55 PM
I think anyone can claim there back will lead the east at this point and make as good an argument as the next guy. That said, I took TJ, of course.

Iroquois Joe
07-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Even though I'm a Bills fan, I picked Jones.

He will likely carry the load for the Jets, where as Maroney may have problems staying healthy, that shoulder could bother him, Lynch will split more carries and may have some challenges as a rookie and the line blocking for Brown is question mark

like2god
07-17-2007, 10:34 PM
I picked Ronnie, but it could be anybody.

Ronnie - Will be counted on the most by his team and might be the most talented out of the bunch. He shared time with Ricky his rookie year and was misused last year, and now he will finally be used as the featured runningback. The Phins won't be abandoning the running game in the second half like they did so many times last year. With Sledge in the backfield, Ronnie finally has someone to open holes for him on the next level, hopefully the revamped OL will be able to do their job to open up the primary running lanes. Last year Ronnie rushed for 1,008 yards and 5 TD's while averaging 4.2 behind a very average OL and missing 3 games. He has great receiving skills out of the backfield which only adds to his effectiveness.

Maroney - Nice RB that shared time with Dillon last year, and because of that he will face the same questions that people asked of Ronnie, "Can he handle the job by himself?". He plays behind a much better OL and the NE offense will be much more dangerous with all of the new additions at WR. But while that may open a few more holes for him (with the opposing defenses focusing on the WR's), NE will also have to keep those wideouts happy and spread the ball around.

Jones - Alot of his success will depend on how much time and how many carries Leon Washington will get. The Jets have a pretty decent OL, but the loss of Kendall might well hurt the running game. Jones has the talent to lead the AFCE in rushing, but I don't see it happening with Leon Washington splitting time with him.

Lynch - It's unrealistic to expect a rookie to come in and light up the NFL. While the Bills did improve their OL this year, they also need the WR play to step up to take the pressure JP and the running game. Another thing to consider (and the biggest factor IMO) is the fact that Lynch is a California boy, how well will he adapt to the freezing cold of Ralph Wilson stadium? The NFL is a big enough adjustment for a rookie, but now he has to deal with the -0 temperatures and blowing snow off of Lake Erie. Good luck.

In the end, I think that it will come down to Ronnie and Maroney. I think Ronnie gets the edge because he will be relied on much more in this offense than Maroney will be in NE.

Jets81
07-17-2007, 11:07 PM
I picked Ronnie, but it could be anybody.

Jones - Alot of his success will depend on how much time and how many carries Leon Washington will get. The Jets have a pretty decent OL, but the loss of Kendall might well hurt the running game. Jones has the talent to lead the AFCE in rushing, but I don't see it happening with Leon Washington splitting time with him.

I'd be shocked if they split time. Jones was brought in to be the workhorse for the offense that forces teams to respect the run. I'm guessing Leon will see about 30-40% of the carries this season.

like2god
07-17-2007, 11:12 PM
I'd be shocked if they split time. Jones was brought in to be the workhorse for the offense that forces teams to respect the run. I'm guessing Leon will see about 30-40% of the carries this season.
I'd be shocked if the Jets didn't find more ways and more opportunities to take advantage of Washington's explosiveness. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Jones getting the necessary carries to lead the AFCE in rushing.

Deep2Evans
07-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Lynch - is the fact that Lynch is a California boy, how well will he adapt to the freezing cold of Ralph Wilson stadium? The NFL is a big enough adjustment for a rookie, but now he has to deal with the -0 temperatures and blowing snow off of Lake Erie. Good luck.

Im not worried about that at all. We had what, maybe one game where it was below freezing, if that. It really doesnt get cold until later January, early Feb. Each season it feels like the home games are warmer.

As long as its -3 and snowing against the Fish in december, i'll be happy.

like2god
07-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Im not worried about that at all. We had what, maybe one game where it was below freezing, if that. It really doesnt get cold until later January, early Feb. Each season it feels like the home games are warmer.

As long as its -3 and snowing against the Fish in december, i'll be happy.
Nooooo, sooner than that. I live in CNY and it gets pretty cold in mid November / early December depending on the type of winter we get. Again, he's not really used to the temps like we are (32 degrees is still shorts weather for me :lol:), so it might be a big bump in the road for him.

Aqua4Ever04
07-18-2007, 02:42 AM
Going with everyone else here, there are some good running backs in this division. A lot of young talent along with the proven vet in Thomas Jones.

But IMO, there's no doubt that if Ronnie Brown stays healthy it's going to be him.

Jets81
07-18-2007, 09:18 AM
I'd be shocked if the Jets didn't find more ways and more opportunities to take advantage of Washington's explosiveness. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Jones getting the necessary carries to lead the AFCE in rushing.

Leon is a tiny scat back. He's the guy you want to have fresh legs after your mauler wears down the opposing D. I'm guessing he'll fall between 10-15 carries a game, but I think his number will be called on more passing plays the TJ's will.

It's a pretty scary prospect for the rest of the east actually. We have a strong 1-2 punch as opposed to just the quick jab we had last year. If the O-line holds up and everyone stays healthy, I'm confident in saying we'll have one of the better offenses in the league this year.

All in all I could care less if our RB's lead the league in rushing yards, let alone the east. So long as those W's are rolling in the fantasy stats take a back seat.

retired opfinistic
07-18-2007, 09:22 AM
I did the homer pick.

Vertical Limit
07-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Just too many good running backs to choose from in the AFC East, it will be a really close race IMO. I expect Lynch to come out big in his rookie year, with Ronnie Brown and Maroney having breakout years, and Thomas Jones having another consistent 1200 + yard season.

BleedinGreenNC
07-18-2007, 11:10 AM

I picked Jones, but i think that with Jones, our playaction will be the area that will improve the most.

Lee evans83
07-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Nooooo, sooner than that. I live in CNY and it gets pretty cold in mid November / early December depending on the type of winter we get. Again, he's not really used to the temps like we are (32 degrees is still shorts weather for me :lol:), so it might be a big bump in the road for him.

Yea thats true even though its not cold to us it probly will be real cold for him. But if JP can adapt i think Lynch will too

Greatness920
07-18-2007, 01:34 PM
ronnie brown for sure

Greatness920
07-18-2007, 01:40 PM
id say between maroney and brown gonna be heads up for the title lynch wont last the season

BleedinGreenNC
07-18-2007, 03:14 PM
If i had to pick someone, it would be Maroney, he has the best O-line in division.

rdhstlr23
07-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm going with the winner from last year---Ronnie Brown.

Mike13
07-19-2007, 12:22 AM
If i had to pick someone, it would be Maroney, he has the best O-line in division.

Can he carry the load by himself? How will his injury affect his play?

If the OL plays decent and if Ronnie gets his 25 carries, it will be Ronnie Brown.

Straztheman
07-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Well I know it will be in between Marouny and Ronnie so the next thing you look at is offensive line and how many carries each will get so I would have to say Marouny.

Justasportsfan
07-19-2007, 03:34 PM
id say between maroney and brown gonna be heads up for the title lynch wont last the season

big words especially since Brown was injured last year.

I doubt it will be Lynch. We have a very crowded backfiled. He will be rotating . Nice problem to have. :D.

But receiving yards however, Lynch should easily have the most .

Aqua4Ever04
07-19-2007, 04:14 PM
I think they'll all be over 1000. I'll predict them like this:

Brown 1300
Jones 1200
Maroney 1100
Lynch 1050

BuffaloStampede
07-19-2007, 05:54 PM

Lynch isn't going to get 35 carries a game so he'll be just fine. Not sure if he will be the best back in the AFC East yet, but he'll be very productive especially as a receiver.

GoBills24
07-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Lynch isn't going to get 35 carries a game so he'll be just fine. Not sure if he will be the best back in the AFC East yet, but he'll be very productive especially as a receiver.

Exactly.

He'll carry the ball about 15 times, and maybe another 5 touches with his catches. Dwayne Wright and Anthony Thomas will add the remaining carries to help carry the load.

I think Dwayne Wright is going to complement Lynch perfectly, with his bruising style.

burger13
07-20-2007, 10:11 AM
big words especially since Brown was injured last year.

I doubt it will be Lynch. We have a very crowded backfiled. He will be rotating . Nice problem to have. :D.

But receiving yards however, Lynch should easily have the most .

Please explain this crowded backfield in buffalo?? I'm not trying to bash...but please, explain to someone who is not a Bills fan, why they should consider this such a deep backfield? Two Rookies, Anthony Thomas and his 3.5 yd avg and Shaud Williams are what you are referring to, right?

GoBills24
07-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Please explain this crowded backfield in buffalo?? I'm not trying to bash...but please, explain to someone who is not a Bills fan, why they should consider this such a deep backfield? Two Rookies, Anthony Thomas and his 3.5 yd avg and Shaud Williams are what you are referring to, right?

When Willis went down for a couple games last season, A-Train came in and put together a couple 100 yard games.

Dwayne Wright has looked great thus far (who hasn't? :lol:), but from what I saw, he's very decisive in his cuts, and quick feet. Those things usually don't exist with a bruising RB like him, so it's something for me to get excited about. And we think Lynch will pan out, because of his great skill set.

JMO though, obviously other people think different.

twanderer
07-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Yea let me know because i need to pick up some solid backs for my fantasy team this year.

GoBills24
07-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Yea let me know because i need to pick up some solid backs for my fantasy team this year.

Marshawn Lynch will make a solid #3 for your team.

Zeba77_fins ver
07-26-2007, 05:28 AM
I chose ronnie brown but i think Lm and Tj have a good chance but i doubt that lynch has a chance at rushing for more then the rest.

JIVE
07-26-2007, 11:39 PM
I don't see Lynch doing it as a rook.

FiveStar
07-31-2007, 12:08 PM
They all are very good

FiveStar
07-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Im not to sure on Thomas Jones yet tho.

FiveStar
07-31-2007, 12:09 PM
Hopefully Ronnie Brown can breakout this season!! Go Dolphins!!

BleedinGreenNC
07-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Go Jets!!

FiveStar
07-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Boo Bills and Pats!!

BwanaZulia
01-18-2008, 05:00 PM
TJ ended up with over 1,100 yards.

BZ