PDA

View Full Version : Vick Indicted..

31orehymoniram
07-17-2007, 05:14 PM
with Mike Vick being federally charged for the dog mess... do you think C-Pep will be a falcon.... think if the dolphins would have waited 12 hrs more to release him.... could we have made a trade with the falcons???

go_fins
07-17-2007, 05:14 PM
don't they have Joey or David Carr?

insomnia411
07-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Mike Vick's been indicted, huh? Last I heard, he wasn't going to be indicted. Link?

dolpns13
07-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Mike Vick's been indicted, huh? Last I heard, he wasn't going to be indicted. Link?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19814494/

IdahoPhin
07-17-2007, 05:34 PM

It is on ESPN NFL..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2940065

Straztheman
07-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Joeys with the Falcons

31orehymoniram
07-17-2007, 05:39 PM
if i'm patrino i take daunte over joey anyday

phinphan11
07-17-2007, 05:53 PM
if i'm patrino i take daunte over joey anyday

If he's even healthy enough to play that is... The falcon's would be getting the de ja vue from the Phins if their QB rotation evolves this way... and I'd be ROFL my *** off.

playmaker1
07-17-2007, 06:01 PM
don't they have Joey or David Carr?
Carr is on the panthers

playmaker1
07-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Didn't patrino bring in Chris Redmond from their days together?

Nosferatu
07-17-2007, 06:27 PM
This news brought a huge smile to my face.

SKing29
07-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Wow, and everyone considered Marcus Vick the turd of that family. :rolleyes:

Tx Dolfan
07-17-2007, 06:37 PM
He allegedly had losing dogs electrocuted, hung, drown, and one killed by slamming him into the ground. If true, this guy is sick.

playmaker1
07-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Wow, and everyone considered Marcus Vick the turd of that family. :rolleyes:
:lol:

FiveStar
07-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Whats indicted mean?

NathanHunt
07-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Let's truly hope he gets what is coming to him.

I've said before.... there's a lawyer somewhere looking to put a "Vick head" on his wall.

I think we can officially put an end to the career of Michael Vick. And not a moment too soon.

MelbournePhin
07-17-2007, 07:07 PM
you guys hear of the wicked stuff that was done to these dogs, and all you care about is if we can get something for daunte??? whatever

SpurzN703
07-17-2007, 07:09 PM
He allegedly had losing dogs electrocuted, hung, drown, and one killed by slamming him into the ground. If true, this guy is sick.

Sick? He's beyond sick if that's how it went down. Words can't describe what he would be if that was the case

FiveStar
07-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Whats indicted?

Scrap
07-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Whats indicted?a formal charge

montezuma
07-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Whats indicted?

He is being charged with a Federal crime by a Federal grand jury. He will be arrested, booked and plead guilty or innocent on the charges.

PrepDogg
07-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Holy ****. Some of those charges are pretty unreal

FiveStar
07-17-2007, 07:46 PM
So this all means hes gonna get suspended from football?

CinoEvil
07-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Anyone interested in seeing the *actual* indictment that was filed can see it here.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0717072vick1.html

shanem40
07-17-2007, 08:25 PM
im not not animal right person but fighting and killing dogs the way he did is just sick and low it just shows he isnt anything more then some boy that came off the streets i hope he gets put away for a long time

FiveStar
07-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Hes goin to jail?

31orehymoniram
07-17-2007, 08:37 PM
after reading the charges.... if he is guilty of what they say he is a seriously sick individual.. thats crazy stuff. if he is at fault i don't think he deserves to play in the NFL anymore

Pauly
07-17-2007, 09:10 PM
After reading the indictment I'd say Mr Vick is in deep trouble. There is some very detailed info in the indictment, which could only have been obtained from people with inside knowledge.

BAMAPHIN 22
07-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Beginning of end for Vick in Atlanta?

The Falcons put all of their hopes for 2007 in the hands of Michael Vick. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5448) Despite Tuesday's indictment of Vick in a Virginia dogfighting probe, the Falcons have no choice but to stand by him. The reason: Atlanta traded Vick's possible replacement, Matt Schaub (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6849), to Houston. At the time, it seemed to be the wise thing, and an indictment doesn't necessarily make that situation any different.

Owner Arthur Blank hired Bobby Petrino to make Vick a better quarterback. The owner believes Petrino's imaginative college style could be creative enough to make Vick a more accomplished thrower. Vick's dedication in spending extra time working at the team facility this offseason gave Blank hope that his plan was correct.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2940188

PrepDogg
07-17-2007, 09:25 PM
It said that he would kill the dogs for under-performing. If that's the case they should hang him for his last 3 seasons in Atlanta.

SKing29
07-17-2007, 09:44 PM
I heard on ESPNEWS this all started in his rookie season in 2001, so can anyone tell me how this went this long without being noticed? Also what I don't get is the adrenaline rush people get from animal fighting, wouldn't joining a fight club be better adrenaline wise since you could fight yourself, just doesn't make sense to me.

Vertical Limit
07-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Lol, the Falcons want to cut him, in my opinion. They are done with this idiot, but they aren't going to cut him, because they would have to pay his overpaid ***.

They will just wait for the NFL to suspend him indefinitely without pay.

And yes, I do see Daunte going to Atlanta now, with Joey Harrington again, and I also got a feeling it will result to this in the end:

"And with the 1st overall pick of the 2008 draft, the Atlanta Falcons select, Briam Brohm, QB Louisville." [re-uniting him with Petrino]

late again
07-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Anyone else notice that Vick's cousin's name is NOT mentioned in that indictment? The indictment states that the Moonlight Road house was the place they used to train and fight. The only one living there was Boddie. I'll bet he made a deal with the feds to avoid going to prison.

Kinzua
07-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I heard on ESPNEWS this all started in his rookie season in 2001, so can anyone tell me how this went this long without being noticed? Also what I don't get is the adrenaline rush people get from animal fighting, wouldn't joining a fight club be better adrenaline wise since you could fight yourself, just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think it went "unnoticed". Sometimes criminal investigations take years, especially conspiracy cases which are difficult to prove. It didn't help that the local prosecutor in Surrey County wasn't all that interested in prosecuting this case. The local animal welfare people have been on this for a while.

I think that somebody got caught on an unrelated charge (probably drugs), and he led the police to Vick's property on the first raid. From that raid, the feds were able to make a deal with somebody else, and that led to the second raid on the Vick property. The short time between the second raid, the empanelling of the grand jury, and the indictments seems to indicate the feds were working on this for quite a while and finally got the witnesses they needed.

BTW, compared to this, Chambers' DUI is like a passing note during English class.

Kinzua
07-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Anyone else notice that Vick's cousin's name is NOT mentioned in that indictment? The indictment states that the Moonlight Road house was the place they used to train and fight. The only one living there was Boddie. I'll bet he made a deal with the feds to avoid going to prison.

I don't make bets I'm likely to lose!

retired opfinistic
07-17-2007, 10:41 PM
It said that he would kill the dogs for under-performing. If that's the case they should hang him for his last 3 seasons in Atlanta.
:sidelol:

late again
07-17-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't make bets I'm likely to lose!

I hear ya. That's the only reason that I can think of as to why he wouldn't be named, too.

late again
07-17-2007, 10:46 PM
I don't think it went "unnoticed". Sometimes criminal investigations take years, especially conspiracy cases which are difficult to prove. It didn't help that the local prosecutor in Surrey County wasn't all that interested in prosecuting this case. The local animal welfare people have been on this for a while.

I think that somebody got caught on an unrelated charge (probably drugs), and he led the police to Vick's property on the first raid. From that raid, the feds were able to make a deal with somebody else, and that led to the second raid on the Vick property. The short time between the second raid, the empanelling of the grand jury, and the indictments seems to indicate the feds were working on this for quite a while and finally got the witnesses they needed.

BTW, compared to this, Chambers' DUI is like a passing note during English class.

I believe Vick's cousin; the one living there, was busted for drugs. That's what drew all the attention to the house in the first place.

phinphan11
07-17-2007, 10:48 PM

That would be called poetic justice.

unluckyluciano
07-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Sounds like someone rolled over on him from that smoking gun article. Just want to say good **** prep. And screw vick, if what they say is true.

Skeet84
07-17-2007, 11:11 PM
I hope he pays! How much you think they regret getting rid of Shaub

WVDolphan
07-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Lol, the Falcons want to cut him, in my opinion. They are done with this idiot, but they aren't going to cut him, because they would have to pay his overpaid ***.

They will just wait for the NFL to suspend him indefinitely without pay.

And yes, I do see Daunte going to Atlanta now, with Joey Harrington again, and I also got a feeling it will result to this in the end:

"And with the 1st overall pick of the 2008 draft, the Atlanta Falcons select, Briam Brohm, QB Louisville." [re-uniting him with Petrino]

This is exactly what I thought before the Vick dog fighting thing came out. I was thinking the Falcons would be one of the worst teams in the league with Vick. If they go with Harrington and Culpepper you can book them for a really bad season. 3-13 could just land them the first pick. Heck if Petrino really wants Brohm he can guarentee him by signing Culpepper and letting him start.

WVDolphan
07-18-2007, 01:28 AM
Vick is a sick individual.

Jamie Dukes is on NFL network being his usual self. Defending Vick and placing blame on his associates. Making the statement on Pac Man being suspended "Pac Man hasnt been convicted of anything". Yes he has Dukes! Just not on the recent stuff. Pac Man is a career criminal. The guy deserved a long suspension and thats what matters. I hate when they try and spin all the bs on what the policy states and all the legal garbage. Vick deserves a suspension here. They should just make a statement for now and say that he is suspended "indefinately". Try and gather all of the facts and announce the length when the season starts.

Mogwai
07-18-2007, 02:10 AM

The indictment is pretty damning. So the most talented player i've ever seen play football is also one of the worst human beings to play football. You can generally judge a person's character by how they treat those in weaker positions and the way he tortured those dogs shows what a sick **** he really is.

Scrap
07-18-2007, 06:48 AM

The indictment is pretty damning. So the most talented player i've ever seen play football is also one of the worst human beings to play football. You can generally judge a person's character by how they treat those in weaker positions and the way he tortured those dogs shows what a sick **** he really is.

I agree with everything but the "most talented" part. I always felt he was overrated.

Scrap
07-18-2007, 06:49 AM

Jamie Dukes is on NFL network being his usual self. Defending Vick and placing blame on his associates. Making the statement on Pac Man being suspended "Pac Man hasnt been convicted of anything". Yes he has Dukes! Just not on the recent stuff. Pac Man is a career criminal. The guy deserved a long suspension and thats what matters. I hate when they try and spin all the bs on what the policy states and all the legal garbage. Vick deserves a suspension here. They should just make a statement for now and say that he is suspended "indefinately". Try and gather all of the facts and announce the length when the season starts.
Jamie Dukes is the dumbest guy on the NFL network.

Motion
07-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Lock him up. I really hope he gets a legit trial/process for this.

Vertical Limit
07-18-2007, 09:07 AM
This is exactly what I thought before the Vick dog fighting thing came out. I was thinking the Falcons would be one of the worst teams in the league with Vick. If they go with Harrington and Culpepper you can book them for a really bad season. 3-13 could just land them the first pick. Heck if Petrino really wants Brohm he can guarentee him by signing Culpepper and letting him start.
:lol: :lol: :lol: So true.

retired opfinistic
07-18-2007, 09:13 AM
I agree with everything but the "most talented" part. I always felt he was overrated.
Are you kidding? He's a great RB!

(sarcasm)

IdahoPhin
07-18-2007, 09:55 AM

Vick being suspended won't come soon enough.

dolpns13
07-18-2007, 09:57 AM
The story on SI.com is infuriating. If convicted he should get the chair, or rot in prison indefinately! The NFL needs to make a statement and suspend him for AT LEAST this year and possibly next. Although it wont matter because he will be in prison for the next 6

dolfinguy
07-18-2007, 10:41 AM
tsk tsktsk

retired opfinistic
07-18-2007, 10:57 AM
The story on SI.com is infuriating. If convicted he should get the chair, or rot in prison indefinately! The NFL needs to make a statement and suspend him for AT LEAST this year and possibly next. Although it wont matter because he will be in prison for the next 6The chair is a little steep, I love dogs but I can't see executing Vick by electric chair. Now, covering him with gravy and tossing him into the dog pit.....that I would support 100% :D

dolpns13
07-18-2007, 11:06 AM
:sidelol:...How about tar and feathering as well

The chair is a little steep, I love dogs but I can't see executing Vick by electric chair. Now, covering him with gravy and tossing him into the dog pit.....that I would support 100% :D

retired opfinistic
07-18-2007, 11:24 AM
:sidelol:...How about tar and feathering as well
Naw, the tar might kill the dogs' appetites. Gravy, bro. You can put gravy on anything and a dog will eat it. :D

RonnieBrownTown
07-18-2007, 11:31 AM
I am a dog owner and my cuzin has to pitbulls and I have a lab. My cuzins pitbulls are the nicest dogs you would ever want to meet. One of my cuzins pitbulls is a rescue and she was bait for fighting dogs which means they would just put the her out thee as a baby she is not even 2 years old yet an she was defenceless when my cuzin got her all her fur was gone because of mange and cant hear. But she is fine now but dog fighting is a bad thing and is why I think Micheal Con-Vick can go to jail and never play in the NFL agian.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/abuse2-1.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEhak-Y0_bY&mode=related&search=

retired opfinistic
07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
I am a dog owner and my cuzin has to pitbulls and I have a lab. My cuzins pitbulls are the nicest dogs you would ever want to meet. One of my cuzins pitbulls is a rescue and she was bait for fighting dogs which means they would just put the her out thee as a baby she is not even 2 years old yet an she was defenceless when my cuzin got her all her fur was gone because of mange and cant hear. But she is fine now but dog fighting is a bad thing and is why I think Micheal Con-Vick can go to jail and never play in the NFL agian.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/abuse2-1.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEhak-Y0_bY&mode=related&search=

I have a 13 pound wiener dog that loves to play with my neighbor's 80 lb Pit. It's scary to watch based off the dog's reputation, but I've known the neighbor's dog since she was a pup and she's sweet as candy. I hate what people do these animals and hope Vick takes it hard in the *** for the abuse he helped hand out to the animals. I would think that in this day and age we are a little too civilized to take pleasure in gambling on the lives of animals.

You can take the man out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the man.

dolpns13
07-18-2007, 12:05 PM
I have a 13 pound wiener dog that loves to play with my neighbor's 80 lb Pit. It's scary to watch based off the dog's reputation, but I've known the neighbor's dog since she was a pup and she's sweet as candy. I hate what people do these animals and hope Vick takes it hard in the *** for the abuse he helped hand out to the animals. I would think that in this day and age we are a little too civilized to take pleasure in gambling on the lives of animals.

You can take the man out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the man.

My girlfriend has a 60 LB pit and he's the biggest, nicest whimpy dog you'll ever meet and wouldnt hurt a fly, unless another dog instigates him first. He's normally very obedient and listens when you speak although he def does have his moments of disobedience until he gets his time in time out...Dogs are innocent animals and Mr. Vick will get his due. Im preparing an email to the NFL and to the Atlanta Falcons that they take swift action with Vick and suspend him indefinately for AT THE MINIMUM until this case is over (I would be happier if he was locked out of the NFL for good never being allowed to return as he must be made an example of quickly. They cannot just stand around and wait for judgement in this case and need to handle it the same way they handled Henry and Pacman. Im sure I wont be the only one. You can bet animal rights activists are bombarding the NFL and Atlanta about this

SabanHater
07-18-2007, 12:27 PM
I hope he goes to jail for this. I love it when famous people think they can get away with anything they want, and than everything they have gets taken away from them. I love dogs - I have a dog, and my other just died this past weekend, and my wife and I are hurting. How you can just kill off another living being (that feels pain, just like us) is absolutly disgusting. Rot in jail Vick, or put me in a ring with you. I'll promise you pain.

unluckyluciano
07-18-2007, 12:39 PM
I said it before I doubt Vick sees any prison time. I would def support some sort of sentence though and no more play time in the nfl.
On another note my neighbors have a big *** pit and when he was a puppy he would sneak out of his backyard and come to ours to play with our two medium sized dogs. Well they kind of raised it as well as me and my dad and now he is a very kind loving dog. All we have to do is say his name when he is barking, and cant see us, and he'll calm down and start wagging his tail because he recognizes our voices I guess. If anyone tried to make him into a fighting dog, I'd be very pissed for ruining such a good dog.

dolpns13
07-18-2007, 12:40 PM
I hope he goes to jail for this. I love it when famous people think they can get away with anything they want, and than everything they have gets taken away from them. I love dogs - I have a dog, and my other just died this past weekend, and my wife and I are hurting. How you can just kill off another living being (that feels pain, just like us) is absolutly disgusting. Rot in jail Vick, or put me in a ring with you. I'll promise you pain.

And they didnt even just KILL these dogs...They tortured them first but drowning, electrocuting, and simply throwing them to the ground. And the SI story said that was just some of it. It stated that the indictment report mentioned beatings that were even far worse than what i just mentioned and people with soft stomachs shouldnt read...Hopefully he rots in prison, then rots in hell

retired opfinistic
07-18-2007, 12:44 PM
:shakeno:

He's a ****ing pig.

tylerdolphin
07-18-2007, 02:29 PM
The indictment alleges at paragraph 1 that Peace (a/k/a "P-Funk"), Phillips (a/k/a "Q"), Taylor (a/k/a "T"), and Vick (a/k/a "Ookie" -- we're not kidding)

THE ORIGIN OF "OOKIE"

One of the strangest aspects of the Tuesday indictment of Falcons quarterback Mike Vick is that, in addition to "Ron Mexico," he also is known as "Ookie."

So where does the Ookie come from?

Apparently, it was given to him by his mother. And, apparently, he only lets close friends refer to him by that moniker.

"Man, if they called me Ookie it would really be on (http://espn.go.com/page2/s/questions/vick.html)," Vick told ESPN.com's Page 2 several years ago. "I would really be upset, because nobody else can call me by my nickname but my mom. Unless I give you permission because you really know me, but none of the guys know me real good so they can't do it. But yeah, that would really get me going."

And, by the way, Falcons jerseys bearing the number 7 and name "Ookie" are available, for now, via NFL.com. We have a feeling that this won't be the case for much longer.
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

From PFT.

On a serious note, I hope Vick get put into prison and beat up for this. Its shameful and disgusting

RonnieBrownTown
07-18-2007, 04:16 PM
I agree with you all

IdahoPhin
07-18-2007, 05:02 PM
I hope he gets banned for life from the NFL ASP.. If this doesn't break the NFL conduct policy what does?

phinphan11
07-18-2007, 05:21 PM
I hope he gets banned for life from the NFL ASP.. If this doesn't break the NFL conduct policy what does?

Maybe being involved in a shooting of another person... aka; Pacman.

daniel3
07-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Whats indicted mean?

It means they charged him which ultimately means nothing because they could have charged him from the start by the very fact he owns the property. I can definitely see Vick going down for this regardless of whether he had a part in it or not based on how badly the government wants a public figurehead they can crucify for such cases. Pretty much similar to how they're going after Bonds and holding a man in jail indefinitely for something that they rarely if ever pursue.

tyson22
07-18-2007, 06:31 PM
The chair is a little steep, I love dogs but I can't see executing Vick by electric chair. Now, covering him with gravy and tossing him into the dog pit.....that I would support 100% :D

tie him to the "rape stand" in a suit made of t-bones:evil:

phinphan11
07-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Whats indicted mean?

Ever hear of Google?

dolphinfn3454
07-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Ever hear of Google?

:sidelol:

late again
07-18-2007, 09:25 PM
I can definitely see Vick going down for this regardless of whether he had a part in it or not based on how badly the government wants a public figurehead they can crucify for such cases..

Just for the purpose of clarification, are you saying that you have doubts as to whether or not Vick is involved? Just as an FYI; the federal government has a better than 90% conviction rate. If they indict, it's because they have a good case.

Ronnie Bass
07-18-2007, 10:01 PM
It means they charged him which ultimately means nothing because they could have charged him from the start by the very fact he owns the property. I can definitely see Vick going down for this regardless of whether he had a part in it or not based on how badly the government wants a public figurehead they can crucify for such cases. Pretty much similar to how they're going after Bonds and holding a man in jail indefinitely for something that they rarely if ever pursue.
Take a poll and I'm sure the public would have no problems with the Feds taking these scumbags down, it was never pursed before because no one really knew how big this sick underworld was, but we do now and we want it stopped.

I can't wait till his jury hears what he did to those dogs. Sick ****.

jlfin
07-18-2007, 10:29 PM
im not not animal right person but fighting and killing dogs the way he did is just sick and low it just shows he isnt anything more then some boy that came off the streets i hope he gets put away for a long time

He will be. Federal prosecutors don't indict unless they have strong evidence. They are not like local DA's (Nifong).
I have heard that Fed prosecutors have a 90-95% conviction rate. Doesn't sound good for the scumbag. They took their time collecting evidence before indicting him and if you read the reports they have a nice timeline beginning with his purchase of the property in 2000-2001.

jlfin
07-18-2007, 10:38 PM

Thanks for the input Oliver Stone. Seriously, though, this is a Federal charge and they aren't made lightly.
Vick is VERY involved. They have a detailed timeline since he purchased the property.

Miami 13
07-18-2007, 11:34 PM
Michael Vick is a very sick and disturbed human being who should not be alive.

Mike13
07-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Among the grisly findings: Losing dogs either died in the pit or were electrocuted, drowned, hanged or shot. The indictment said purses climbed as high as $20,000 for fights.

I would like to spend 45 minutes with Mr Vick with a hammer, a pair of pliers and some jumper cables.

You know what the sad part is? He'll get off with just a slap on the wrist.

Dolfan5000
07-19-2007, 02:21 AM
You know, if he doesn't get a sentence I hope that Roger Goodell tries to ruin his career. For this misconduct I'd suspend him AT LEAST A YEAR. Hopefully a life ban is coming after the trial.

Skeet84
07-19-2007, 02:50 AM
What Vick has done is sad and I hope the Falcons release him.

Greatness920
07-19-2007, 08:01 AM
vick is a moron he had to have known about the dogs even if he never lived there hes going to jail atlanta is drafting brian brohm next year haha

jlfin
07-19-2007, 08:48 AM
I would like to spend 45 minutes with Mr Vick with a hammer, a pair of pliers and some jumper cables.

You know what the sad part is? He'll get off with just a slap on the wrist.

These offenses are serious. Doubtful that he gets a slap on the wrist because these allegations, if true, are horrific and stir a lot of emotion in people. He is a cruel and sadistic individual.
He may plea to a lighter sentence to avoid a longer prison sentence, but he will serve time.

jlfin
07-19-2007, 08:50 AM
What Vick has done is sad and I hope the Falcons release him.

It's a lot more than sad. It is depraved. This man should not be walking the streets. There are numerous psychiatric studies that show a correlation between animal cruelty and violent acts against other people. This man has no conscience.

retired opfinistic
07-19-2007, 09:20 AM
It's a lot more than sad. It is depraved. This man should not be walking the streets. There are numerous psychiatric studies that show a correlation between animal cruelty and violent acts against other people. This man has no conscience.True words here. It's a good thing this came to light. We all know that dog-fighting exists, we just kind of put it off, because you never hear about it too much. Now that a high-profile athlete is involved it has made the country aware of just how cruel the so-called 'sport' is. I'd like to see the break-up of this ring lead to a more widespread investigation.

BAMAPHIN 22
07-19-2007, 02:43 PM
The Rev. Al Sharpton teamed with PETA Wednesday to criticize dogfighting in a letter that went to all of Michael Vick's corporate sponsors.

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2007/07/18/sharpton-weighs-in-on-vick-dogfighting/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wsbtv.com%2Fnews%2F13706834%2Fdetail.html&frame=true

SpurzN703
07-19-2007, 03:16 PM
That's the thing about this case. I'd like to believe that at least 8 out of 10 people like/love dogs. So if a jury was left to decide what would happen to Vick, then they'd all go for putting his *** in the slammer.

Just make sure none of them are Falcon fans or ones who would draft Vick in their fantasy drafts. They might sway the vote.

Now if Vick was doing something else, with either drugs or underage chicks, it would be different. But to illegal get involved with "man's best friend", I don't see how he could change anyone's mind that dogfighting isn't a big deal.

What does Clinton Portis have to say about this now? Hell I'd investigate that jackass too since he was so smug in his comments. Would it surprise you if Portis did some illegal **** in his own home but thought it was okay b/c it was inside his property?

Mike13
07-19-2007, 03:16 PM
The Rev. Al Sharpton teamed with PETA Wednesday to criticize dogfighting in a letter that went to all of Michael Vick's corporate sponsors.

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2007/07/18/sharpton-weighs-in-on-vick-dogfighting/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wsbtv.com%2Fnews%2F13706834%2Fdetail.html&frame=true

I'm suprised Al isn't playing the race card here.

retired opfinistic
07-19-2007, 03:20 PM

I'm shocked.

I figured he'd be defending Vick and laying blame on.....er.....elsewhere.

Vertical Limit
07-19-2007, 03:23 PM
More shocking news:

Falcons | Vick will be allowed to play
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:11:51 -0700
Hank Kurz Jr., of The Associated Press, reports NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl) commissioner Roger Goodell will allow Atlanta Falcons (http://www.kffl.com/team/7/nfl) QB Michael Vick (http://www.kffl.com/player/96/nfl) to play until the legal process determines if Vick is guilty or innocent.

Thought Goodell would suspend him, but what ever.

SpurzN703
07-19-2007, 03:27 PM
More shocking news:

Hank Kurz Jr., of The Associated Press, reports NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl) commissioner Roger Goodell will allow Atlanta Falcons (http://www.kffl.com/team/7/nfl) QB Michael Vick (http://www.kffl.com/player/96/nfl) to play until the legal process determines if Vick is guilty or innocent.

Not so shocking, what if he didn't have anything to do with this?

If that was the case though, wouldn't he just come out and say he didn't do it? This is like Law and Order. You see the guy who's guilty from the very beginning but he doesn't confess until the end of the show.

It's like stop BS'ing, say you did it, and let us all move on! :)

Greatness920
07-19-2007, 03:54 PM
More shocking news:

hes innocent until proven guilty thats the law so why not let him play its the last games hell ever play cuz theres no way hes getting out of this one

Vertical Limit
07-19-2007, 04:08 PM
With all the evidence set on the table, saying that he participated in the execution of the dogs, he helped raised them and train them, and he lost alot of money while losing alot of money at times during these fights, I think that would be enough for me to back off of him.

According to the legal analyst on ESPN yesterday, the state of Virginia has the fastest court system in the country. Vick could be facing trial, charges, and be placed in jail if convicted, faster than Vick would expect.

Vick could try to slow down the process, but when the court gets a hold of the charges, gets the detailed description of how the dogs were abused to death, and most already truely beleive he was involved, I mean, I don't know how the hell he can get away with this to be honest unless he can take OJ's lawyer out of his grave to represent him.

I just think Goodell would like to get away from all the distraction this idiot may cause on the media, the NFL, and the Atlanta Falcons.

late again
07-19-2007, 05:02 PM
More shocking news:

I still think they'll end up doing something to keep Vick from playing while this is hanging over his head. They may call it a leave of absence or whatever, but I'm certain that if he were to play his presence would be just way too much of a distraction.
I also think that Rev Al Sharpton speaking out like that is extremely bad news for Vick. Sharpton is an awfully strong voice and a great many people listen to him.

Mogwai
07-19-2007, 05:14 PM
More shocking news:

It is surprising. It's also a little disgusting and smacks of favoritism. As much as people like to bring up repeat offenses as the basis for the other suspensions handed out, the magnitude of what Vick has been indicted for is much graver than a few marijuana charges. The conduct policy does not relate directly to legal issues. His suspension is a separate issue from the criminal charges he's faced with. Assuming Vick knew absolutely nothing (right) the league would be well with in its right to suspend him based on the gross irresponsibility of allowing these acts to take place on his property and the extremely negative light it has cast on the league. Goodell gets knocked off his soapbox if he doesnt act on this. This is a double standard and if no action is taken before the season then Goodell should come under a lot of fire for this.

cnc66
07-19-2007, 05:22 PM
It might not matter what the comish thinks... you just wait... this thing will grow legs, there will be protesters everywhere he goes, sponsers will exert pressure... this is just the beginning.

SpurzN703
07-19-2007, 05:30 PM
It might not matter what the comish thinks... you just wait... this thing will grow legs, there will be protesters everywhere he goes, sponsers will exert pressure... this is just the beginning.

What I'm anxious to see if how the home crowd in Atlanta treats him. You know the road crowds will heckle him until they faint. The Georgia Dome will be very interesting

IdahoPhin
07-19-2007, 08:34 PM

I believe you are right on this. Animal rights activist and Peta will be pushing this one.

late again
07-19-2007, 09:12 PM
I believe you are right on this. Animal rights activist and Peta will be pushing this one.

The real question becomes...if Vick actually plays this season, how many times will he get red paint thrown on him outside of an opposing teams' stadium?

Pauly
07-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Is Atlanta playing Cleveland at Cleveland this year (either pre-season or regular)?

It'd be fun to see what the Dawg Pound makes of Mr Vick.

jlfin
07-19-2007, 10:29 PM

I just heard on NFL Sirius that PETA is already organizing a protest in front of the NFL corporate HQ.

Skeet84
07-19-2007, 11:04 PM
I just heard on NFL Sirius that PETA is already organizing a protest in front of the NFL corporate HQ.

Sweet go PETA!

njfinfan
07-20-2007, 05:58 AM

I really don't dislike Vick as a player - I think he's spoiled and pampered by the NFL. That said, I read the actual indictment. If he's guilty of some of these charges, he could be in serious trouble. Lots of mistreatment of animals, including electrocution, etc. Who would do that to an animal? Really sick stuff.

IdahoPhin
07-20-2007, 11:50 AM

I hope they make Vick's life miserable, just like the dogs were made to suffer.

Vertical Limit
07-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Here's a wild guess, Marcus Vick will be mentioned on this case soon. :lol: Glad we got rid of that idiot.

retired opfinistic
07-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Here's a wild guess, Marcus Vick will be mentioned on this case soon. :lol: Glad we got rid of that idiot.No kidding, bro, last thing we need is more drama in Miami.

Amars
07-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Anyone interested in seeing the *actual* indictment that was filed can see it here.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0717072vick1.html

that some sick stuff. They used a "rape stand" to try to breed dogs.

BAMAPHIN 22
07-20-2007, 03:01 PM
While commissioner Roger Goodell was meeting with officials of the ASPCA, about 50 people urged the NFL to "Sack Vick" Friday in a demonstration outside the league's headquarters following the indictment of Michael Vick on dogfighting charges.

"Sack Vick!"

chanted the demonstrators, organized by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals as they walked peacefully in front of the Park Avenue building. Many held dogs who had the "Sack Vick" signs on their backs and one woman brought a pit bull, the breed killed in the dogfighting operation the Atlanta quarterback is accused of sponsoring.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/07/20/bc.fbn.peta.vick.nfl.ap/index.html

daniel3
07-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Why is impossible for some of you to let the trial play through then decide whether you will string him up or not? It's like the people who still call Kobe a rapist regardless of the fact whether he actually did it or not. Just go take a rifle and shoot him already because it doesn't matter whether he had any hands on involvement in this or not, he should be shot according to some of the comments.

retired opfinistic
07-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Why is impossible for some of you to let the trial play through then decide whether you will string him up or not? It's like the people who still call Kobe a rapist regardless of the fact whether he actually did it or not. Just go take a rifle and shoot him already because it doesn't matter whether he had any hands on involvement in this or not, he should be shot according to some of the comments.We're all entitled to an opinion regarding Sick Vick, that's the beauty of it. Shooting him would be too easy, I'd like to see him slammed to the ground until he's dead...if, of course, the stories are true.:wink:

late again
07-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Why is impossible for some of you to let the trial play through then decide whether you will string him up or not? It's like the people who still call Kobe a rapist regardless of the fact whether he actually did it or not. Just go take a rifle and shoot him already because it doesn't matter whether he had any hands on involvement in this or not, he should be shot according to some of the comments.

First of all, I don't advocate shooting him. Secondly, one American truism is that you receive all the justice money can buy in this country. Therefore just because a jury returns a not guilty verdict it doesn't necessarily mean the person is innocent. It just means he doesn't have to pay for his crime.
Finally, I've stated this before and I'll state it again; it's common knowledge that Vick is a registered breeder for Pit Bulls. We also know that very strong evidence of a dog fighting operation was discovered at a house Vick owns. The same house that his cousin has been calling home. We also know that his cousin wasn't included in the indictment. Why is it so hard to add this up and make sense of it?

jlfin
07-20-2007, 10:08 PM
First of all, I don't advocate shooting him. Secondly, one American truism is that you receive all the justice money can buy in this country. Therefore just because a jury returns a not guilty verdict it doesn't necessarily mean the person is innocent. It just means he doesn't have to pay for his crime.
Finally, I've stated this before and I'll state it again; it's common knowledge that Vick is a registered breeder for Pit Bulls. We also know that very strong evidence of a dog fighting operation was discovered at a house Vick owns. The same house that his cousin has been calling home. We also know that his cousin wasn't included in the indictment. Why is it so hard to add this up and make sense of it?

It isn't hard to add up, unless of course you have the IQ of a grapefruit. I can't even watch NFL network because some of these guys are just apologists for Vick and they don't seem to be disgusted about these allegations.

tucker
07-21-2007, 12:59 AM
well i have no opinion since there is no evidence to say otherwise and he hasnt been convicted of anything...if he did do these things, then that his screw up and he'll end up in jail

Amars
07-21-2007, 01:39 AM
in regards to the kobe case it was a he said she said case and you gotta wonder why the girl took a settlement if she was abused. Remember trust no woman. On a side note Im pretty sure her Benz looks nice tho. Anyways these dogs were brutally totured and as a pet owner I dont know how you can toture animals and get some kind of sick satisfaction from it.

NativeFloridian
07-21-2007, 02:26 AM
i now officially hate VICK!

unluckyluciano
07-21-2007, 04:56 AM
in regards to the kobe case it was a he said she said case and you gotta wonder why the girl took a settlement if she was abused. Remember trust no woman. On a side note Im pretty sure her Benz looks nice tho. Anyways these dogs were brutally totured and as a pet owner I dont know how you can toture animals and get some kind of sick satisfaction from it.
You could also wonder why he offered a settlement if he was in fact innocent.

njfinfan
07-21-2007, 05:44 AM
I just saw an interview with the Assistant Director of PETA and they are hopping mad. He said they're fully expecting the commish to suspend him immediately. Don't know how realistic that is considering he's not been convicted. Said he didn't expect the NFL to treat Vick any different than Pacman or Chris Henry or Tank Johnson.

Amars
07-21-2007, 08:34 AM
You could also wonder why he offered a settlement if he was in fact innocent.

IMO most who are rich or have money and find themselves in unfortunate situation whether innocent or guilty will try end the situation as soon as possible with $$$. Especially in sensitive cases like that because you basically can go to jail with out no real evidence, just on what she said. In vicks situation your dealing with the feds so it whole new ugly ball game.

Tx Dolfan
07-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Vick's expected to be indicted by the State of Virginia, for dog fighting and killing dogs, both felonies, by September. On a side note, how smart do the Chargers look right now.

jlfin
07-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Vick's expected to be indicted by the State of Virginia, for dog fighting and killing dogs, both felonies, by September. On a side note, how smart do the Chargers look right now.

The Chargers have looked smart since draft day IMO. I've always felt he was over rated, even coming out of college. I'm a Canes fan and I saw Vick play in college (Big East). I never understood the infatuation teams had with him prior to the draft. He's the type of player that should have been drafted in the 2-4th rds on potential or the ability to play multiple positions, BUT, definitely NOT as a franchise QB.
I wouldn't have traded LT or Brees straight up for Vick even before these allegations.

Amars
07-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Getting accused by local DA and Courts is one thing but when It comes to the FEDS its a pretty much a rock solid case against them. They dont mess around and im pretty sure there is no plea bargining with the FEDS.

Ronnie Bass
07-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Getting accused by local DA and Courts is one thing but when It comes to the FEDS its a pretty much a rock solid case against them. They dont mess around and im pretty sure there is no plea bargining with the FEDS.
I think you can cop to a plea with the Feds, the only thing is you probably more likely get a jail term of some sort, they are not going to show any real mercy.

Vertical Limit
07-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Falcons | Team expected to discipline Vick soon
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:34:02 -0700
Peter King, of CNNSI.com, reports the National Football League has told Atlanta Falcons (http://www.kffl.com/team/7/nfl) owner Arthur Blank that the disciplinary ball is in his court regarding QB Michael Vick (http://www.kffl.com/player/96/nfl). Blank intends to discipline Vick in some way by Tuesday, July 24. NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl) commissioner Roger Goodell will have the right to add on to whatever punitive action Blank will take.

MoFinz
07-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Considering the federal convictions rate is over 90%, it is safe to say they have some rock solid evidence or they never would have sought an indictment.

That said, i've never been a Vick fan, but i had no idea what a piece of trash he was till the last 2 years worth of stories have come out.

BSQX4
07-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Indicted means formally charged with a crime. Vicks' situation is federal and I believe he's been charged with three felonies. He'll be arrested and put in cuffs someday very soon and he'll have to make bond arrangements. He's in BIG trouble and if he's guity of what they say they can do whatever they want with him and I won't care. I've always had dogs and their like a member of the family. To mistreat a dog means that you have some loose wiring in your brain. Just my opinion. I think he's all done.

phinphan11
07-23-2007, 07:53 PM
wooo doggy.... so to speak. The Falcons should pick up DC so they can experience the same caliber QB's the Phin's did last year (including Joey H.)....