PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft's Peter Moore (head of gaming division) resigns

Medieval954
07-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Peter Moore Resigns From Microsoft to Return to Northern California

REDMOND, Wash., July 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Microsoft Corp. today announced that Don Mattrick, a former president at Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), will lead the Interactive Entertainment Business (IEB), which includes overseeing the Xbox® and Games for Windows® businesses. Peter Moore, who currently serves as corporate vice president of IEB, has decided to move his family back to the Bay Area for personal reasons and has secured another opportunity in the video games industry.http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070717/aqtu188.html?.v=9

I wonder if he resigned or "resigned" (got fired) like Sony's Ken Kutaragi. Either way, he's taking a step down from his current position to go and head up EA Sports. Too bad, he seems to genuinely love video games and was a pretty good mouthpiece for Microsoft's gaming division.

Dolfan5000
07-18-2007, 02:41 AM
Damn, that's weird.

mor911
07-18-2007, 11:46 AM
The only reason I think he wasn't fired is because things aren't going bad. I think it's a power move. Microsoft puts a mole into EA. This gets them info on the enemy. Next year, Madden will be a 360 exclusive. You heard it here 1st :lol:

Motion
07-18-2007, 11:47 AM
The only reason I think he wasn't fired is because things aren't going bad. I think it's a power move. Microsoft puts a mole into EA. This gets them info on the enemy. Next year, Madden will be a 360 exclusive. You heard it here 1st :lol:

That would be a horrible business move. :goof::tongue:

mor911
07-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Not for microsoft

Motion
07-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Not for microsoft

Well obviously, but I'm sure EA has a Board of Directors or something similar that would have to approve such a move. I mean unless MS is gonna be handing over truckloads of cash I think thats extremely unlikely.

mor911
07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
There's absolutely no weight behind my comment.I was just being a dork. There's no way in hell EA does that. It would be a partnership nightmare. They'd be Sony's biggest enemy for years (see Nintendo after they ditched Sony on the SNES CD drive). And nobody wants that.

dolphan117
07-18-2007, 01:04 PM
When I read "resigned for personal reasons" I interpret "fired for performance issues". Especially since Microsoft announced the billion plus they are going to have to spend to fix all the faulty 360's. He had overall control of that right? I would think that would be enough to get you fired.

Motion
07-18-2007, 01:47 PM
There's absolutely no weight behind my comment.I was just being a dork. There's no way in hell EA does that. It would be a partnership nightmare. They'd be Sony's biggest enemy for years (see Nintendo after they ditched Sony on the SNES CD drive). And nobody wants that.

:kick:

DonShula84
07-18-2007, 04:57 PM
He made the 2K games for Sega I believe. Should help improve Madden and the other EA sports titles.

mor911
07-18-2007, 05:03 PM
The guy was a very good public figure imo. This E3 was Microsoft's best in years. He made tactful statements and never really went for the media glitz. I liked him for Microsoft. Now he joins the heartless mob at EA.

I liked him a million times better than that fruit prune J. Allard.

Scatman
07-18-2007, 11:26 PM

lol damn bro, that would be tooo smooth for ms... their probably reading this right now....going sheeet thats a good idea.

VanDolPhan
07-19-2007, 10:29 AM
He didn't get fired. EA gave him a $1.5 million signing bonus along with a nearly $500k/year salary and plenty of stock options.

JuanchoColombia
07-19-2007, 11:31 AM
now he'll have to fix his tattoos

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:tongue:

playmaker1
07-19-2007, 01:50 PM
He didn't get fired. EA gave him a $1.5 million signing bonus along with a nearly $500k/year salary and plenty of stock options.

This is correct. He is making bank to make the 3 hour move north of us here. The funny thing is, the guy who is taking over for him here in Redmond, was high up with EA before he made the move to Xbox