PDA

View Full Version : I need a question answered about madden 2008

yader93
07-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Hello, I play madden alot. But something I have never done and i am thinking about it for this year is, to download the NCAA 08 rosters after the first season for the draft portion. My question is when you transfer the rosters from NCAA 08 to Madden 08 do the players actually have a name or are you drafting for example ( U.M. QB #3) b/c if that is the case i won't do it. It will be annoying to have rosters full of that after a couple of drafts. ANy information about this will be appreciated. Thank you.

mor911
07-18-2007, 11:00 AM
I think the names are updated when imported to madden.

Stitches
07-18-2007, 11:08 AM
I think the names are updated when imported to madden.

Nope. You have to enter names in manually into NCAA or into Madden, or they have the new feature in NCAA where you can generate random names for everyone.

Motion
07-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Nope. You have to enter names in manually into NCAA or into Madden, or they have the new feature in NCAA where you can generate random names for everyone.

:yeahthat:

BleedinGreenNC
07-18-2007, 11:15 AM

I like that feature, i hate the numbers under the players.

yader93
07-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Thank you all for your answers. But with all that being said if we have to manually enter names or we could just randomly let the computer name them. what would you guys say is the advantage of using the rosters of ncaa 2008 for the madden draft. is it really that much better than just drafting from madden. Is it that much better to do it from NCaa, if so why. Thank you again.

Stitches
07-18-2007, 11:24 AM
I like that feature, i hate the numbers under the players.

Yea, I like it too. Plus it only auto generates names for player who don't have names, liek if you put in your favorite players real names.

Back in NCAA 2004(PS2), I printed off every teams roster and manually entered about 70% of all the players in the game over a span of at most 2 months. I eventually started skipping the OL, because it became pretty tedious on the gamepad.

I had a lot of free time that semester. :shakeno:

Motion
07-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Thank you all for your answers. But with all that being said if we have to manually enter names or we could just randomly let the computer name them. what would you guys say is the advantage of using the rosters of ncaa 2008 for the madden draft. is it really that much better than just drafting from madden. Is it that much better to do it from NCaa, if so why. Thank you again.

All depends how much time you want to put into it. If you put in the work to name the rosters at least the players would be accurate when drafted into Madden.

I used to send away my PS2 memory card and have the rosters downloaded to it. Its 10x better playing NCAA with the real names. I wish the NCAA and EA could workout some kinda deal.

Stitches
07-18-2007, 11:27 AM

Based on a ton of people's complaints about the Madden drafts being completely one sided (6 DEs in the top 10 or something), I think the NCAA imports are pretty well balanced. Players from each position grade out pretty good, and positions don't usually run out until like round 6 or so. I say usually, because it's happened before where there's been a run and most the proespects grade out real good, so they're all gone by end of round 5.

Stitches
07-18-2007, 11:28 AM
All depends how much time you want to put into it. If you put in the work to name the rosters at least the players would be accurate when drafted into Madden.

I used to send away my PS2 memory card and have the rosters downloaded to it. Its 10x better playing NCAA with the real names. I wish the NCAA and EA could workout some kinda deal.

I think you missed what he was asking there, or maybe I misinterpreted it.

yader93
07-18-2007, 11:41 AM
No STITICHES, you were on the money. Its just that i guess this year i will like to change it up a little, i guess the random names isn't so bad. I just wanted to know if importing the rosters from NCAA is more accurate for the draft. Are the ratings coming out of NCAA into madden believable. Something I hated in madden was that a they will put a player that ran a 4.32 forty for example and then you draft the player and his speed is 87. Its ridiculous.

HysterikiLL
07-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Yea, I like it too. Plus it only auto generates names for player who don't have names, liek if you put in your favorite players real names.

Back in NCAA 2004(PS2), I printed off every teams roster and manually entered about 70% of all the players in the game over a span of at most 2 months. I eventually started skipping the OL, because it became pretty tedious on the gamepad.

I had a lot of free time that semester. :shakeno:

:lol: Man I have to do that every year and it pisses me off so much. I just get the game and I'm exploding with anticipation of playing, but I have to spend forever making names. The generate names feature was sweet because now I only do about 10 teams of authentic rosters and they like the top 5 at each position. I can't send away to get my memory card done as it would be too damn hard shipping it to America, so I have to workhorse my *** off every year. I wish they'd at least let you transfer returning players from NCAA 07 to NCAA 08...wait, is that possible?

Agent51
07-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Hello, I play madden alot. But something I have never done and i am thinking about it for this year is, to download the NCAA 08 rosters after the first season for the draft portion. My question is when you transfer the rosters from NCAA 08 to Madden 08 do the players actually have a name or are you drafting for example ( U.M. QB #3) b/c if that is the case i won't do it. It will be annoying to have rosters full of that after a couple of drafts. ANy information about this will be appreciated. Thank you.

I've been doing the NCAA-to-Madden transfer since the first year it was available, and I love it. To answer your question, no, they will not be named if you did not previously name them in NCAA. They will show up as the position/number name, like "QB #13" etc. This used to be SO annoying if you didn't wanna edit every player in NCAA, because you'd end up with players in Madden named one position/number, but they may be wearing a different number on the field or something, it got lame. Lately NCAA has has an awesome feature where you can auto-name the rosters. All you do it choose that and every player gets a random name. I have never done the roster DLs you can get online (might do it this year though), so what I usually do is go through and name every single player rated 90 or above (It takes forever just doing that, I can't even imagine properly naming every player period) then I let the computer name the rest of the players. This assures that when drafting in Madden the "studs" are always named properly, and everyone else has a name too, not a position/number.

One problem I used to ALWAYS have (on the PS2 versions of NCAA/Madden) was sometimes when I imported my created player, either in normal dynasty/franchise mode or in Campus Legend/Superstar mode, he would somehow be changed from a white guy to black guy. It used to piss me off because it's supposed to be ME, and I'm a white guy, so making me a black guy took the "realism" out of it (I know it's a videogame so it's not REAL, but when you create yourself in a game you want it to look like the real you). To top it off, you couldn't edit players at ALL in Superstar mode, and you could in Franchise, but NOT the skin tone/physical features, so there was no changing it. This will be the first year I buy NCAA and Madden on the 360 (I got NCAA for PS2 last year then Madden for 360), and I hope this bug was fixed, or at least that we can now EDIT players.

chillwill3000
07-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Why don't you guys just get the rosters from

fkrosters.com

Agent51
07-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Why don't you guys just get the rosters from

fkrosters.com

Can you DL them directly to your 360 or do you need to DL em to a PC and have your 360 hooked to your PC to transfer them?

brandon27
07-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Can you DL them directly to your 360 or do you need to DL em to a PC and have your 360 hooked to your PC to transfer them?

If you buy the transfer kit seen here...
http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=323

you just download the file from fkrosters.com, use the software with the above mentioned transfer kit to transfer it to your memory card, pop the card in the 360, go into your system blade, then to memory... copy the save from the memory unit to your harddrive, go into ncaa 08, load the roster, make one slight change, save the roster as a different file (i just called mine 2007, you have to do this so it ties it in with your profile) then delete the original file from your 360. then just re-load your newly saved file and it should always load in ncaa when you start the game...

also, if you dont want to buy the transfer kit you can purchase a memory card from them with the rosters on it, theyll send it to you, or you can mail a memory card to them, they load the rosters, send it back.

real names in ncaa 08, simple and easy. just make sure you make a donation as an awful lot of hard work goes into those rosters!

hope that helps

VT Dolphan
07-22-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm obsessed with having the correct player names, so I just put them in manually myself for most of the better players in the game (80+). It takes forever, but I find that it makes me more knowledgable about college football as I know who most of a team's key players are.

Agent51
07-22-2007, 09:21 PM
If you buy the transfer kit seen here...
http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=323 (http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=323)

you just download the file from fkrosters.com, use the software with the above mentioned transfer kit to transfer it to your memory card, pop the card in the 360, go into your system blade, then to memory... copy the save from the memory unit to your harddrive, go into ncaa 08, load the roster, make one slight change, save the roster as a different file (i just called mine 2007, you have to do this so it ties it in with your profile) then delete the original file from your 360. then just re-load your newly saved file and it should always load in ncaa when you start the game...

also, if you dont want to buy the transfer kit you can purchase a memory card from them with the rosters on it, theyll send it to you, or you can mail a memory card to them, they load the rosters, send it back.

real names in ncaa 08, simple and easy. just make sure you make a donation as an awful lot of hard work goes into those rosters!

hope that helps

Thanks for the info :up:. I'll prolly just buy a memory card from them, as it seems the quickest route. I was just wondering if there was a way to DL the roster via XBL, just liek you DL extra gae content in the marketplace.

And I know how much work it is, I name the players manually every year. It sucks, lol.

I'm obsessed with having the correct player names, so I just put them in manually myself for most of the better players in the game (80+). It takes forever, but I find that it makes me more knowledgable about college football as I know who most of a team's key players are.

I too am obsessed with having all of the player named. I used to try and do everyone over 80, but it would take so long and I would eventually say screw it just cuz I wanted to start my dynasty. Then I would have some guys get drafted to Madden who had the position/number names, so I'd manually rename them random names, and after awhile I'd run out of ideas, so I'd have like 40 Bob Smiths :lol:.

Then I decided to do only players 90 and above, and all of the impact players (should there be some under 90). Still super time-consuming, but a LOT less than 80+. The thing I used to hate was before I got my laptop and hooked up a wireless entwork, my computer and games used to be in different rooms, so I'd either be printing out every team's roster or writing down the numbers/positions of players I needed to name then going to the comp and looking em up. The you'd get the rosters that have like 4 of the same number, or don't have a number that matches the position. It just gets really annoying, so I have the utmost respect for the people who name EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in this game. Simply amazing, I don't have the patients for that. As it is just doing 90+ players takes a few days (obviously not straight through).

brandon27
07-23-2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the info :up:. I'll prolly just buy a memory card from them, as it seems the quickest route. I was just wondering if there was a way to DL the roster via XBL, just liek you DL extra gae content in the marketplace.

Nope. If that were the option it would have to come from EA, and NCAA doesnt allow for that. You wouldnt be able to swap it with other players either, as the file is tied to your gamertag, which is why when you put the rosters from the website onto your card, you need to re-save and re-name it on your 360 through your profile.

The nice thing about having the transfer kit is you've got it every year for the rosters then. Its all i use mine for and its the best $15 ever spent.