PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar's Table Tennis coming to Wii

Motion
07-18-2007, 11:33 AM
UK, July 18, 2007 - In a move that will no doubt please paddle fans across the globe, Rockstar has announced it's bringing the brilliant Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis to Wii this Autumn and it's going to take full advantage of the motion-sensitive Wii-mote.

Currently under development at Rockstar Leeds, in collaboration with Rockstar San Diego, the Wii version has "the unmatched speed and intensity of the real-life sport with an authentic physics engine and intuitive gameplay that mimics exhilarating experience found in international competition," according to Rockstar.

"Ever since we released Table Tennis [on Xbox 360], fans have been asking us to create a Wii version," said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games. "By bringing Table Tennis to the Wii and utilizing the motion-sensitive Wii Remote, a new audience can now experience a game that is beautifully designed and impossible to put down."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/805/805930p1.html

Stitches
07-18-2007, 11:39 AM
I for some reason doubt that you'll be able to control the ball accurately just with the wave of the wand. I assume the controls will be pretty forgiving in that regard.

Motion
07-18-2007, 11:44 AM
I for some reason doubt that you'll be able to control the ball accurately just with the wave of the wand. I assume the controls will be pretty forgiving in that regard.

:err: I'm really starting to wonder if you've ever even played a Wii. :tongue:

If you can put spin on a Bowling ball whats the difference?

Stitches
07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
:err: I'm really starting to wonder if you've ever even played a Wii. :tongue:

If you can put spin on a Bowling ball whats the difference?

Have you hit a ping pong ball hard? A smash could send it extremely far out of play. That's what I'm saying. Controlling a ping pong ball is a lot harder than a bowling ball in my opinion. The space to control is shrunken down, not to mention the weight difference makes the ping pong ball much harder to control IMO.

Motion
07-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Have you hit a ping pong ball hard? A smash could send it extremely far out of play. That's what I'm saying. Controlling a ping pong ball is a lot harder than a bowling ball in my opinion. The space to control is shrunken down, not to mention the weight difference makes the ping pong ball much harder to control IMO.

I really don't see the difference between that and most of the Wii Sports games. Spin=Bowling, Strength/Distance=Golf/Tennis

Of course I've hit a ping pong ball before. While I don't think it will be 100% accurate I don't think it will be far off. Nintendo already made a ping pong mini game for WiiPlay, not the most accurate but its fun.

Stitches
07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
I really don't see the difference between that and most of the Wii Sports games. Spin=Bowling, Strength/Distance=Golf/Tennis

Of course I've hit a ping pong ball before. While I don't think it will be 100% accurate I don't think it will be far off. Nintendo already made a ping pong mini game for WiiPlay, not the most accurate but its fun.

We'll just wait to see when the game comes out. I don't want to argue, in fact it's not my intention. I am merely trying to picture a paddle in my hand instead of the wand and how that interacts with the ball(which the wand can't do except on screen). Because of that I just think that they'll make it easier to control with the wand, not necessarrily over simplification, just easier to do stuff is all.

Motion
07-18-2007, 01:35 PM
We'll just wait to see when the game comes out. I don't want to argue, in fact it's not my intention. I am merely trying to picture a paddle in my hand instead of the wand and how that interacts with the ball(which the wand can't do except on screen). Because of that I just think that they'll make it easier to control with the wand, not necessarrily over simplification, just easier to do stuff is all.

Possibly, but I was very surprised how sensitive the controller was with WiiSports tennis. Height, angle, speed, etc.. of the Wiimote all had an effect on the ball when you hit it.

I'm not trying to argue either. :wink:

Megatron
07-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Great port over for Wii owners. The 360 game is soo damn addictive. Seems like a natural choice for a Wii game.