PDA

View Full Version : Are you still a Vick fan?

RonnieBrownTown
07-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Are you still a Vick fan? Vick should go to jail and not be aloud in the NFL. I am a dog owner I have a lab and my cuzin has to pitbulls and they are the nicest dogs you would ever want to meet my lab who is 3 years old and the pitbulls are 3 and 2. Spike dont be fulled by his name he is the sweetest dog sweetest dog you woul ever want to meet and he is 3. My cuzins other pitbull whos name is piglet is 2 and she is also the nicest dog you would ever want to meet she was a rescue she was used as a bait dog for pitbull fighting when my cuzin got her she had mange and can not hear but she is a very good dog and very nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmwaHMzgrKk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwI_qlq5vHs&mode=related&search=

Are you still a Vick fan?

SpurzN703
07-20-2007, 12:14 AM
From now on I'm just going to read articles about this case. I have seen too many photos of these dogs being hurt and I can't tolerate it any longer.

I hope justice is served for once. My God it better be

SpurzN703
07-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Oh, and I never was a Vick fan in the first place by the way

PrepDogg
07-20-2007, 12:22 AM
I still think he is one of the most talented and gifted runners the game has ever seen. But as far as being a fan? No. And I know he hasn't been convicted of anything but I'm a big believer in the saying where there's smoke there's fire.

Mogwai
07-20-2007, 12:39 AM
How could anyone be? He has natural ability like i've never seen before. Not much of a player but he has amazing tools. That doesnt mean anything when you're as disgusting a person as he is.

I also believe where there's smoke there's fire. It may not be quite what you expect and the intensity of the fire can vary, but there's generally some truth at the core. Everyone likes to compare it to Kobe and Duke lacrosse. Well Kobe did **** the girl. She may not have been able to prove it was rape but something did happen. And the lacrosse team did hire that crazy stripper. At the very least Vick only paid for and facilitated the dog torture ring without actually beating them to death himself but that's still more than deserving of a lifetime nfl ban and prison sentence.

DonShula84
07-20-2007, 12:48 AM
I never was a Vick fan.

Aqua4Ever04
07-20-2007, 01:08 AM
I always strongly disliked Vick, now I absolutely hate him, he should be behind bars for awhile IMO.

HysterikiLL
07-20-2007, 03:46 AM
I never understood why a lot of guys hated him for the sake of hating him but I was never a huge fan anyway. I never bought the hype really, and I thought the products Nike brought out with his name all sucked.

Skeet84
07-20-2007, 09:53 AM
I always strongly disliked Vick, now I absolutely hate him, he should be behind bars for awhile IMO.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

retired opfinistic
07-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Meh, I always thought he was overrated, now I just think he's a scumbag *******.

RonnieBrownTown
07-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Meh, I always thought he was overrated, now I just think he's a scumbag *******.

Same here

dlockz
07-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I will wait until I see proof that Vick was involved and his level of involvement but so far it sounds fairly sickening.

IdahoPhin
07-20-2007, 11:35 AM

I agree, well said. I think he should be suspended until this is over with. It is a negitivity hanging over the Falcons and the NFL.

dlockz
07-20-2007, 11:38 AM
I agree, well said. I think he should be suspended until this is over with. It is a negitivity hanging over the Falcons and the NFL.

You set a bad precedent with that because we don't know how guilty he really is.

IdahoPhin
07-20-2007, 12:05 PM
You set a bad precedent with that because we don't know how guilty he really is.

You are right, but I am not the only one feeling this way.

dlockz
07-20-2007, 12:08 PM
You are right, but I am not the only one feeling this way.

true but we cannot replace justice with public opinion. remember how they treated the Duke LAcrosse team.

SpurzN703
07-20-2007, 12:30 PM
I never understood why a lot of guys hated him for the sake of hating him but I was never a huge fan anyway. I never bought the hype really, and I thought the products Nike brought out with his name all sucked.

Never was a fan of the thug image. Just MO

retired opfinistic
07-20-2007, 12:31 PM
I will wait until I see proof that Vick was involved and his level of involvement but so far it sounds fairly sickening.
I see your point, but so far it's looking really bad for the schmuck.

t-dubya
07-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Have you guys seen The indictment (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0717072vick1.html)? I think he's cooked, but I also wouldn't be entirely stunned to see him walk away from it...

Dolphin39
07-20-2007, 01:09 PM
I've never hated Michael Vick, but I am definitely not a fan.

Do I believe he is a bad role model; yes, for many reasons.

Amars
07-20-2007, 01:24 PM
never really was a fan for him or cheered for him but I did like to see him play.

Mogwai
07-20-2007, 04:14 PM
true but we cannot replace justice with public opinion. remember how they treated the Duke LAcrosse team.
At the very least Vick shows gross negligence for not knowing this was taking place on HIS property. Even the highest level of possible innocence for Vick would fall under the umbrella of the NFL's conduct policy and would warrant a suspension. When Pacman's entourage shoots up a strip joint he may not have pulled the trigger but he's suspended for negligent association. Let the legal proceedings play out however they will, a league suspension is a separate issue with separate criteria and is very necessary in this situation if Goodell wants to show any consistency.

Jt0323
07-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Oh, and I never was a Vick fan in the first place by the way
I think most people are going to say the same thing...

and im one of them... Never was a fan of him to be honest

Dolfan5000
07-20-2007, 05:07 PM
He was entertaining but he needs his own due justice for his acts.

IdahoPhin
07-20-2007, 05:43 PM

I do remember and I didn't think they were guilty. I thought there was a girl who thought she would get hush money and settle out of court. My public opinion won't sway this case one way or another.

Alex44
07-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Before we hang him from a rope why don't we actually convict him of something first?

Whether you think he was involved or not doesn't matter, what matters is when it is determined in a court of law.

Perfect23
07-20-2007, 06:03 PM
never was

Brown42000
07-20-2007, 06:33 PM
I was a fan his first few years in the league but have lost interest over the course of his career.

bkbuffet
07-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Vick is a great athlete, but a bad person.
Never was a fan.
Did you hear Jay Leno's comment the other day on this?
I don't have the exact quote, but it was something like:
"I wonder how that poor guy that got suspended for smoking pot must feel now."

Straztheman
07-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Nope

Aqua4Ever04
07-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Vick is a great athlete, but a bad person.
Never was a fan.
Did you hear Jay Leno's comment the other day on this?
I don't have the exact quote, but it was something like:
"I wonder how that poor guy that got suspended for smoking pot must feel now."

Great athelte, TERRIBLE quarterback, even worse person.

Dolfan984
07-20-2007, 07:24 PM
I've worn his cleats for 2 years now. I'm gunna get a new pair of cleats. :up:

tucker
07-21-2007, 12:57 AM
i'll still watch him play..never really was a fan, but until he is proven guilty i'm not going to go ape **** like some people have

Finfan-ATL
07-21-2007, 11:32 PM
I am from Atlanta. I am quite excited at the thought of getting rid of him for good. weve tried coaching changes, everything you can think of but the excuses just keep on coming. im over him. i hope he is gone for good. he can go play running back somewhere else.

playmaker1
07-22-2007, 01:01 PM
never was a fan

CharlestonPhan
07-22-2007, 01:15 PM
if you are a Falcon fan and Vick has let you down, but still want a particular player to follow, choose FB Ovie Mughelli.

both he and Falcons WR Roddy White grew up in the Charleston, SC area. i coached Roddy in high school and i also coached Ovie's younger brother at another school.

Ovie is a first class guy from a first class family. Roddy White; not so much.

Roman529
07-22-2007, 02:21 PM
I was NEVER a Vick fan...here's why: There are guys who have god given talent and all the ability in the world. But instead of taking advantage of this, they have to screw their life up off the field. The guys I am fans of in sports are the ones who maybe don't have all the talent in the world but they give it more effort than anyone else.