PDA

View Full Version : A fan's amazing theory in defense to Michael Vick

Vertical Limit
07-20-2007, 09:28 PM
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=257810&st=0&start=0

I wore my Vick jersey today and this guy at the grocery store had the nerves to ask me if i wore it in support of Vick. He told me he love dogs and would never support a dog killer. I told him i love all animals including deers ,rabbits and so on and i dont understand why the government issues lincences to hunters. The fact remains, an animal is animal. some people love dogs and other deers. So if they are going after dog fighters include the hunters too. Hunting is a sport to some and soo is dog fighting. Atleast the dogs get a chance to fight for their lives ,the deers dont. Lets all say NO to any kind of animal cruelity.
Oh boy, here we go. :rolleyes: I swear each time I visit that Falcons main board, I read something amazing. Last time I visited, was during the Saints / Falcons Monday Night Game [the Falcons got owned], the ATL fans we're all like "it was fixed, blah blah blah they used FEMA grass on their stadium".

If everyone thought like this guy, [which btw, only Falcon's fans would come up with something this ridiculous], then this means Brett Favre is in trouble too, since hunting is his favorite hobby right? I guess Marino's records will be safe.

Ronnie Bass
07-20-2007, 09:41 PM
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=257810&st=0&start=0

Oh boy, here we go. :rolleyes: I swear each time I visit that Falcons main board, I read something amazing. Last time I visited, was during the Saints / Falcons Monday Night Game [the Falcons got owned], the ATL fans we're all like "it was fixed, blah blah blah they used FEMA grass on their stadium".

If everyone thought like this guy, [which btw, only Falcon's fans would come up with something this ridiculous], then this means Brett Favre is in trouble too, since hunting is his favorite hobby right? I guess Marino's records will be safe.
Me too! I have been lurking on that board every since this story broke and I have read the some of the craziest stuff from pro-Vick fans trying to rationalize what he has done and why he should stay on, it's gold.

NativeFloridian
07-20-2007, 10:11 PM
omg this in unbeilevable dogs are pets and way different than deer! comeone this is pethetic! Vick should be thrown into jail, and if not it really proves that pro players are treated better than us in the court of law, which show how screwed up our gov is!

Nappy Roots
07-20-2007, 10:33 PM
i dont support dog fighting, but how exactly is he wrong? alot of people are against meat eating. people in china eat dog, is that illegal?

people here eat cow, alot of people love cow and raise them...

Jimi
07-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Nappys right, i really dont know where i stand on that though. Who are we to pick which animals have the right to live and which dont?

NativeFloridian
07-20-2007, 10:40 PM
i guess it depends its really hard for me a guy with 2 dogs

Nappy Roots
07-20-2007, 11:02 PM
i guess it depends its really hard for me a guy with 2 dogs

i have dogs to, and i love them like family. but im sure there are kids that love cows and horses. and while horses are breed to fight or anything, we strap **** to their nuts and ride them around for fun and entainment while they wildly try to buck people off. so is that a form of torture? where do we draw the line.

most these dogs were bread to fight, just like there are horses bread to fight people off their back. again, horses arent being killed, but where do you draw the line? just death? torture is ok?

and how is it much better then people hunting hogs and pigs with dogs? dogs that get killed or severely injured by the hogs all the time.

Ronnie Bass
07-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Nappys right, i really dont know where i stand on that though. Who are we to pick which animals have the right to live and which dont?

We don't breed animals so we can hunt them, we breed them to eat them. In fact if someone wanted to do just that, I'm pretty sure they couldn't without breaking the law.

And hunting has nothing to do with this story because justification is only an exercise to coat what someone really feels, if your truly disgusted that Vick Inc. breeded, trained and tortured dogs to satisfy Vicks sick kicks, then nothing else matters.

He took dogs, actually from what I read it sounds like these animals were in their puppy stages, and when they wouldn't show aggression he would have them killed by either hanging, throwing them against the ground, wetting these dogs down with water and electrocuting them. It's inhumane, plain and simple.

But people keep insisting dragging hunting into this mostly I suspect to air out there disgust for hunting, which is their right to be disgusted by it as long as they are vegetarians, otherwise they are nothing but hypocrites.

Ronnie Bass
07-20-2007, 11:25 PM
i have dogs to, and i love them like family. but im sure there are kids that love cows and horses. and while horses are breed to fight or anything, we strap **** to their nuts and ride them around for fun and entainment while they wildly try to buck people off. so is that a form of torture? where do we draw the line.

most these dogs were bread to fight, just like there are horses bread to fight people off their back. again, horses arent being killed, but where do you draw the line? just death? torture is ok?

and how is it much better then people hunting hogs and pigs with dogs? dogs that get killed or severely injured by the hogs all the time.
Exactly how does any of this have to do with Vick's actions?

By your reasoning if we can't draw the line on dog fighting we should allow bull fighting in the States as well.

But we don't because we do know where the line is, no one can point exactly where it is, but everyone should know that what Vick is being accused of and how others have treated domestic animals serve no worth reason to compare unless one has a secret agenda on something else.

I'm sorry, I'm tired of these comparisons, that's how silly I honestly think they are.

Nappy Roots
07-20-2007, 11:38 PM
He took dogs, actually from what I read it sounds like these animals were in their puppy stages, and when they wouldn't show aggression he would have them killed by either hanging, throwing them against the ground, wetting these dogs down with water and electrocuting them. It's inhumane, plain and simple.

if this is true, then i agree 100%. theirs no comparison to what i said.

Ronnie Bass
07-20-2007, 11:48 PM
if this is true, then i agree 100%. theirs no comparison to what i said.
Fair enough man, because I was disgusted enough when I read he was in dogfighting, now after what I read in this indictment, it went from digusting to sick, I mean real sick.

And think about this, Vick wasn't in it for the money since he already had millions and the pots of these fights seldom broke $20,000, so this means he did it because he loved it.

And this honestly bothers me, this was a hobby of his.

adamprez2003
07-21-2007, 12:40 AM
In America there are two animals you dont mess with - dogs and horses. The hunter/ dog fighting comparison doesn't matter. What matters is people are going to want Vick to go to prison over this. He wouldve had more sympathy if he was transporting a kilo of cocaine

Mogwai
07-21-2007, 03:25 AM
Wow. I'm not a big fan of sport hunting, but there is a huge difference between giving a quick end to an animal that you will probably end up eating to raising animals into a tortured life of violence only to brutally kill them through electrocution, hanging, or beating if they refuse to fight for you.

Jimi
07-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Wow. I'm not a big fan of sport hunting, but there is a huge difference between giving a quick end to an animal that you will probably end up eating to raising animals into a tortured life of violence only to brutally kill them through electrocution, hanging, or beating if they refuse to fight for you.

What about the people who kill a deer just to put its head on a wall? Dont get me wrong, i think Vick is a loser who should go to jail for what he did, but the original post made some valid points. The electrocution, hanging etc part im not talking about that wrong on so many levels, but the actual fighting itself is at least somewhat comparable to the hunting thing.

NativeFloridian
07-21-2007, 06:25 PM
now atlanta is going to suck even more

IdahoPhin
07-21-2007, 06:27 PM

They don't starve and beat the horse or bull to get him to buck. When he is no longer used to buck he is put to pasture and used for stud service. A lot of horses don't buck without the strap and can be used for pleasure riding. They aren't put to death like the dogs.

Ronnie Bass
07-21-2007, 06:51 PM
What about the people who kill a deer just to put its head on a wall? Dont get me wrong, i think Vick is a loser who should go to jail for what he did, but the original post made some valid points. The electrocution, hanging etc part im not talking about that wrong on so many levels, but the actual fighting itself is at least somewhat comparable to the hunting thing.
Then they are wrong if that's what they are doing, but that doesn't make what Vick did any more right.

Honestly man, why is this so hard for some people to understand?

NativeFloridian
07-21-2007, 07:36 PM
some people are just ignorant

IdahoPhin
07-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I wonder if these Atlanta fans remember Vick flipping them off? :confused:

cnc66
07-21-2007, 09:12 PM

in a way, I was kinna hoping that he would play a few games and let the fans get on him.. I was thinking we would see a similar incident. :cooldude:

Finfan-ATL
07-21-2007, 11:28 PM
now atlanta is going to suck even more

Im from Atlanta, and Vick sucked enough already. birds will be better off without him.

Finfan-ATL
07-21-2007, 11:30 PM

There are a few fans in Atlanta that still have Vicks back. One guy on the news today was asked "WHY so much support still for Mike Vick" his answer "cause he keeps it gangsta"

miami#1
07-21-2007, 11:47 PM
omg this in unbeilevable dogs are pets and way different than deer! comeone this is pethetic! Vick should be thrown into jail, and if not it really proves that pro players are treated better than us in the court of law, which show how screwed up our gov is!

and besides deer simply tastes better!

NativeFloridian
07-22-2007, 12:56 AM
i dont understand the nfl mr.commissioner is like yea u need to be role models and such and cant do stuff and when vick does this crap no one cares!

RonnieBrownTown
07-22-2007, 01:22 AM
i dont support dog fighting, but how exactly is he wrong? alot of people are against meat eating. people in china eat dog, is that illegal?

Here is what he is doing wrong.He is fighting them. We dont fight cows do we no and look here is what they do to dogs in china before the eat them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwI_qlq5vHs&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB3_qJGGzQc

Skeet84
07-22-2007, 01:26 AM

I have to agree,

late again
07-22-2007, 01:36 AM
but the actual fighting itself is at least somewhat comparable to the hunting thing.

Is it really?..... In both, the animals' death is an eventuality. This is where any similarity ends. For the hunter, the entertainment is the hunt and the kill. Normally the kill is going to be done as quickly as possible. With dog fighting, the entertainment is watching two dogs repeatedly inflict pain on each other. Can you really believe the two are comparable?
Think about this.
Just suppose a condemned man is given options concerning his death. His death is a given, however he has a choice. He can choose the swift and relatively merciful death....gunshot to the head, for the sake of this discussion. Or he can choose a slow death where he'll endure pieces of his flesh torn from his body until he dies. What are the chances he would tell the executioner "Well, it doesn't really matter one way or the other, since I'm going to die anyway."?
Now I'm neither advocating nor condemning hunting at this point. But there is a difference.

miami#1
07-22-2007, 01:36 AM
in the town that i live in there is a city ord. that requires all pit bulls to be registered to the city. this singles them out from all other breeds. i believe in treating animals with respect i also hunt but if we are going to treat animals as if they are equils, this sounds like racisim aginst the pit bull!

NativeFloridian
07-22-2007, 01:40 AM
Here is what he is doing wrong.He is fighting them. We dont fight cows do we no and look here is what they do to dogs in china before the eat them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwI_qlq5vHs&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB3_qJGGzQc

i am in tears right now that is the most sad, cruel, disgusting, ****ed up **** i have ever seen, more so the second video, that is so unhumane, throwing the cages to the floor breaking legs, crushing skull with shoes, my god i almost got sick, mike vick should be put into jail and never let out, i really wished he lived in texas he would get the death penalty, i truly have a deep deep hatred for mike vick now.

PhinzN703
07-22-2007, 02:08 AM

Well in the end, deer hunting is legal whereas dog fighting is not. Right or wrong, that's how it is. You will get in trouble if you do illegal things. End of story

PhinzN703
07-22-2007, 02:11 AM

I disagree with hunting too. I don't see the thrill. It's legal though, so folks'll continue to do it.

Making comparisons between this and hunting don't really do any justice. One is legal and the other one isn't. It really is that simple.

PhinzN703
07-22-2007, 02:19 AM
i am in tears right now that is the most sad, cruel, disgusting, ****ed up **** i have ever seen, more so the second video, that is so unhumane, throwing the cages to the floor breaking legs, crushing skull with shoes, my god i almost got sick, mike vick should be put into jail and never let out, i really wished he lived in texas he would get the death penalty, i truly have a deep deep hatred for mike vick now.

I don't even know why the **** I just watched this video. There are things in this world we won't ever be able to control, this video being one of them.

We won't ever be able to stop the chinese from doing what they do in that video. I don't believe I've ever seen anything so disgusting in my life.

Jimi
07-22-2007, 02:40 AM
Then they are wrong if that's what they are doing, but that doesn't make what Vick did any more right.

Honestly man, why is this so hard for some people to understand?

Why was it so hard to read the sentence where i called Vick a loser and said he deserved to go to jail....?

Jimi
07-22-2007, 02:42 AM
Is it really?..... In both, the animals' death is an eventuality. This is where any similarity ends. For the hunter, the entertainment is the hunt and the kill. Normally the kill is going to be done as quickly as possible. With dog fighting, the entertainment is watching two dogs repeatedly inflict pain on each other. Can you really believe the two are comparable?
Think about this.
Just suppose a condemned man is given options concerning his death. His death is a given, however he has a choice. He can choose the swift and relatively merciful death....gunshot to the head, for the sake of this discussion. Or he can choose a slow death where he'll endure pieces of his flesh torn from his body until he dies. What are the chances he would tell the executioner "Well, it doesn't really matter one way or the other, since I'm going to die anyway."?
Now I'm neither advocating nor condemning hunting at this point. But there is a difference.

O no, i agree with that completley which i why i said "somewhat comparable."

bullseyeguy
07-22-2007, 06:14 AM
Most hunters, and Im sure the percentage is in the high 90's, eat the animal they hunt. I dont think Mr. Vick is eating the electrocuted pit bulls buried in his back yard. To compare hunting and dog fighting is one of the more stupid things that I have read on the boards...

FinsNCanes
07-22-2007, 10:39 AM
I thought hunting was used to control over population like Deer and Alligators and ****? I could be completely wrong. What Vick did (to me) is personally just as bad as the people in Africa killing Gorillas and **** when there are only like 300 left in the world. I don't care for hunting myself, but it's not comparable to what Vick did.

I see people saying "Bu..but bull riding", **** that ****. I don't think it's much torture to a 1200 pound bull to carry some 150 pound queer cowboy on his back, but that's comparable to slamming dogs into the ground and electrocuting them..:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Vick is arrested yet?

cnc66
07-22-2007, 10:52 AM
I thought hunting was used to control over population like Deer and Alligators and ****? I could be completely wrong. What Vick did (to me) is personally just as bad as the people in Africa killing Gorillas and **** when there are only like 300 left in the world. I don't care for hunting myself, but it's not comparable to what Vick did.

I see people saying "Bu..but bull riding", **** that ****. I don't think it's much torture to a 1200 pound bull to carry some 150 pound queer cowboy on his back, but that's comparable to slamming dogs into the ground and electrocuting them..:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Vick is arrested yet?

lordy...ever met one of those bull riders ? bet you wouldn't say that to them twice... :eek:

IdahoPhin
07-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Most hunters, and Im sure the percentage is in the high 90's, eat the animal they hunt. I dont think Mr. Vick is eating the electrocuted pit bulls buried in his back yard. To compare hunting and dog fighting is one of the more stupid things that I have read on the boards...

Maybe they should serve him some of that dog during his jail time, if he is found guilty.

cnc66
07-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Maybe they should serve him some of that dog during his jail time, if he is found guilty.

say what you will, a whole bunch of the world thinks dog on the table is good fare.... my dog is a Shar Pei, I tell him all the time he's real close to being sweet and sour Pup over rice.

NativeFloridian
07-22-2007, 11:55 AM
say what you will, a whole bunch of the world thinks dog on the table is good fare.... my dog is a Shar Pei, I tell him all the time he's real close to being sweet and sour Pup over rice.
not funny man really nasty though

cnc66
07-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Pup thinks it's nasty too, he gets nervous when he see's the soy sauce and no take out...

Ronnie Bass
07-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Why was it so hard to read the sentence where i called Vick a loser and said he deserved to go to jail....?
Oh, I read it, but I still don't understand why people, time and time again, try to look for any chance to get hunting involved in every discussion it seems of Vick's actions, they are not even closely related and even if they were it doesn't take away what Vick did.

I honestly think when people do this their actual intention is to associate hunting with dog-fighting just because they disdain hunting so much. But they don't realize that it does make them look like they are trying to justify what Vick did, even if throw comments in how they feel he has done wrong.

EDIT: Finally, 1000 posts, wahoo!

IdahoPhin
07-22-2007, 03:13 PM

Had this friend that was stationed in the Phillippines. He married while there and lived with her family. He came home one evening and his dog was no longer tied outside. He said he went hungry that night he wasn't about to eat his dog. It is a matter of taste or how you are raised up. Still bet Vick would not care to eat dog.

MikeO
07-22-2007, 05:56 PM
a guy on SIRIUS NFL RADIO said Vick should be able to serve his jail time only in the offseason.

Say Vick gets 2 years in jail. 24 months.

Play a season, serve 4 months in jail. Be let out to play agian. Then serve 4 months in jail. Be able to do that until his time is served.

THIS WAS AN NFL OPERATED STATION!!!! How stupid some people are!

miami#1
07-22-2007, 10:29 PM
:sidelol:
Pup thinks it's nasty too, he gets nervous when he see's the soy sauce and no take out...

retired opfinistic
07-23-2007, 10:05 AM
lordy...ever met one of those bull riders ? bet you wouldn't say that to them twice... :eek::lol:

cheyannefan
07-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Dog fighting is so much more than training a animal to fight. It's not like boxing wher win or lose both competitors live after the fight. The losing dog is gruesomly killed if it doesn't die in the ring. They are shot, strangled, etc. Plus many dogs are tortered and killed while training other dogs how to fight. In most cases the owner of the dog being trained goes to the pound to get a dog and then brings it home and tapes its mouth shut while the dog being trained fights the dog until the other dog dies. This is done numerous times until the dog has enough confidence to fight a dog that can defend itself. In order to train one dog as many as four dogs die. That means that to train Vick's 70 dogs approximately 280 dogs died just to train them. All 70 of his dogs were euthanized because they were not fit to be placed in homes. So approximately Vick has played a role in the death's of at least 350 dogs. It is so much more than just one animal. And all for his leisurly pleasure. He should rot in jail.

late again
07-24-2007, 01:05 AM
Dog fighting is so much more than training a animal to fight. It's not like boxing wher win or lose both competitors live after the fight.

Funny that you should mention boxing. Here's a commentary by Lamon Brewster about dog fighting. Check it out. I think you'll like it.

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=lamon_dogfight&Player=wm

cheyannefan
07-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Funny that you should mention boxing. Here's a commentary by Lamon Brewster about dog fighting. Check it out. I think you'll like it.

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=lamon_dogfight&Player=wm
I like the way he put it. "I choose to step into the ring, dogs don't have that choice." Nice vid, thatnks.

retired opfinistic
07-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Dog fighting is so much more than training a animal to fight. It's not like boxing wher win or lose both competitors live after the fight. The losing dog is gruesomly killed if it doesn't die in the ring. They are shot, strangled, etc. Plus many dogs are tortered and killed while training other dogs how to fight. In most cases the owner of the dog being trained goes to the pound to get a dog and then brings it home and tapes its mouth shut while the dog being trained fights the dog until the other dog dies. This is done numerous times until the dog has enough confidence to fight a dog that can defend itself. In order to train one dog as many as four dogs die. That means that to train Vick's 70 dogs approximately 280 dogs died just to train them. All 70 of his dogs were euthanized because they were not fit to be placed in homes. So approximately Vick has played a role in the death's of at least 350 dogs. It is so much more than just one animal. And all for his leisurly pleasure. He should rot in jail.
Those numbers are disturbing, I'm hating Vick more and more each day.

MIAdolphin89
07-25-2007, 01:02 PM

whoa a little quick to convicting the man aren't we? there hasn't even been a trial yet and you're saying throw the man in jail?

BrandonMeriPAIN
07-25-2007, 02:20 PM

I dont condone dog fighting and think its a disgusting act that should have a very hefty penalty associated with it. However one thing people are failing to come to reality with here is that Michael Vick has not been convicted of anything yet.

There are so many people in here already calling for Vick to be killed himself via death penalty, or to spend the rest of his life rotting in a cell, but he has not gone through his due process yet. In this country, you're innocent until proven guilty and he has not been found guilty of anything to this point. Its scary when something that this country has been founded on like due process, the right to a fair trial etc are so easily overlooked due to peoples emotions.

If Vick is found guilty in the court of law through due process, then I hope he gets everything coming to him and then some, but until a jury has found him guilty I will not make any judgment what should or shouldnt happen to Michael Vick. We have a court system, we have lawyers, judges, and juries for a reason, lets use them and then go after Mike Vick if/when he is found guilty.

late again
07-25-2007, 03:03 PM
I dont condone dog fighting and think its a disgusting act that should have a very hefty penalty associated with it. However one thing people are failing to come to reality with here is that Michael Vick has not been convicted of anything yet.

There are so many people in here already calling for Vick to be killed himself via death penalty, or to spend the rest of his life rotting in a cell, but he has not gone through his due process yet. In this country, you're innocent until proven guilty and he has not been found guilty of anything to this point. Its scary when something that this country has been founded on like due process, the right to a fair trial etc are so easily overlooked due to peoples emotions.

If Vick is found guilty in the court of law through due process, then I hope he gets everything coming to him and then some, but until a jury has found him guilty I will not make any judgment what should or shouldnt happen to Michael Vick. We have a court system, we have lawyers, judges, and juries for a reason, lets use them and then go after Mike Vick if/when he is found guilty.

It's not always necessary (nor always appropriate) to rely on our judicial system to determine whether or not someone has done something unacceptable. In fact a person can be guilty of bad behavior that isn't against the law.
We know that Mike Vick is a registered breeder of pit bulls.
We also know that he owns the house that has been used to hold dog fighting.
And we know that his cousin had been living there.
I do not need a court of law to tell me something that common sense has already allowed me to determine. To believe that Vick has absolutely no involvement is like sticking one's head in the sand.
What we don't know is just how involved he is. It may very well be that his involvement in this has been only fringe or it could turn out that he has been the guy running the whole show. This is what his day in court will hopefully reveal.
Myself, I tend to think that it's very reasonable to believe that Vick is heavily involved.

jlfin
07-25-2007, 06:45 PM

Do you understand what torture is? Do you believe that inflicting pain on an animal is entertainment? Michael Vick appparently does and he would go through great expense to see it.

jlfin
07-25-2007, 06:51 PM
I like the way he put it. "I choose to step into the ring, dogs don't have that choice." Nice vid, thatnks.

Not only that, but they are kept in cages when they are not fighting. They have miserable lives. What is also overlooked by the simple minded apologists is the number of puppies that are killed in the process of weeding out the "less aggressive" ones in favor of the better fighters.
The dogs that lose are not only killed, but they are tortured in the process. There is no legitimate reason for it except that these vile degenerates are entertained by it.
The people that engage in this past time have no soul and no conscience.

Celtkin
07-25-2007, 06:58 PM

:lol:

The difference bro is that we don't force cows to beat the crap out of each other then eat the loser but if we did...

cSRzBZ_Rz5M

cnc66
07-25-2007, 07:02 PM
:lol:

The difference bro is that we don't force cows to beat the crap out of each other then eat the loser but if we did...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qer7g4v496Q

some talking head yesterday said that if Vick and his buddies did eat the dogs after they killed them it might have made it a little better.. I howled

Phanatical
07-25-2007, 10:05 PM

I don't support indiscriminate killing of dogs, but your viewpoint is very ethnocentric.

Cows are sacred in India, and in many asian countries they eat dog and cat meat.

It's all relative.

NativeFloridian
07-25-2007, 10:33 PM
thank god for now vick cant go to camp and hopefully wont play this season

Mike13
07-25-2007, 11:57 PM
I can't believe some people would choose to defend him after all this.

NativeFloridian
07-26-2007, 12:02 AM
there are so maney stubborn people

D-bolt
07-26-2007, 06:43 AM
I found this amazing story that I think all Vick supporters should be reading.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290858,00.html

It's a sad piece, but yet shows how remarkable and selfless MANS BEST FRIEND really is.

retired opfinistic
07-27-2007, 09:31 AM
I found this amazing story that I think all Vick supporters should be reading.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290858,00.html

It's a sad piece, but yet shows how remarkable and selfless MANS BEST FRIEND really is.
Beautiful, sad story.

RIP