PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com 2007 predictions: Dolphins 4-12, last place in AFC East

Bills Own You!
07-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Don't shoot the messanger folks, but I do agree:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10263285

2007 PREDICTED STANDINGS AFC East North South West Patriots (11-5)* Bengals (12-4)* Colts (13-3)* Chargers (10-6)* Jets (8-8) Steelers (11-5)* Titans (10-6)* Broncos (8-8) Bills (8-8) Ravens (10-6) Jaguars (9-7) Chiefs (6-10) Dolphins (4-12) Browns (4-12) Texans (6-10) Raiders (5-11) NFC East North South West Redskins (7-9)* Bears (10-6)* Saints (11-5)* Seahawks (10-6)* Eagles (7-9) Lions (9-7) Panthers (10-6)* Cardinals (9-7)* Giants (7-9) Vikings (6-10) Buccaneers (7-9) Rams (7-9) Cowboys (7-9) Packers (3-13) Falcons (4-12) 49ers (6-10) WILD CARD: NE over TEN, SD over PIT, CHI over ARI, CAR over WAS DIVISIONAL: CIN over NE, SD over IND, SEA over CHI, CAR over NO CHAMPIONSHIP: SD over CIN, SEA over CAR SUPER BOWL: SD over SEA

Stitches
07-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Gotta pick someone to come in last, doesn't mean it'll happen. No big deal IMO.

Brown42000
07-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Lol at 4-12 and Seattle making the Super Bowl IMO is a bad joke.

madisonfan90
07-20-2007, 11:18 PM
I know Buffalo is good but i dont think there better than Miami.

Bills Own You!
07-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Lol at 4-12 and Seattle making the Super Bowl IMO is a bad joke.

I don't understand what's with all the seahawk love either, especially since the cardinals and 49ers are much better teams heading into the season.

As for the 4-12 prediction for the fish, I really can't argue. Miami is in shambles right now and had a horrible draft. Passing on Brady Quinn will likely haunt this team for the next 10+ years.

Flip Tanneflop
07-20-2007, 11:22 PM
I don't understand what's with all the seahawk love either, especially since the cardinals and 49ers are much better teams heading into the season.

As for the 4-12 prediction for the fish, I really can't argue. Miami is in shambles right now and had a horrible draft. Passing on Brady Quinn will likely haunt this team for the next 10+ years.

:lol: you wish

phintim
07-20-2007, 11:25 PM
I like it this way as it creates a no "pressure" situation which is a plus for our team. They can play loose now with a chip on their shoulder with nothing to lose. I also understand the win loss prediction if you are looking at our offseason moves from the outside of Dol Fan land. It's Cam/Randy time now and its all on their shoulders to prove the puntiffs right or wrong!

Stitches
07-20-2007, 11:26 PM

You are entitled to your opinion, and as such you might want to note when it is strictly your opinion, especially on a Fins MB. You may get responses that are fueled by emotion(as opposed to logic) when you attack the team. Just a tip for the future I guess.

madisonfan90
07-20-2007, 11:29 PM

Are you joking are draft was perfect and we got almost everything we needed and screw that cocky SOB Quinn.

Crypt Keeper
07-20-2007, 11:31 PM

lol. I really loved your "Don't shoot the messanger folks" line. That was classic. You loved every minute of posting this.

Thankfully though, when it comes to reality:

1. Miami owns Buffalo lifetime.
2. Buffalo will remain in the state of "we are getting better". Then of course finish the usual 6-10 or 7-9.
3. Pre-season predictions mean squat.

Horrible draft? lol. You wish. Good luck with Paul "weak knee" Posluszny. You think we had a bad draft, try explaining that to us after Paul ends up on IR in the first preseason game. As long as Marv Levy is running things, the Bills won't be winning anything.

Dolfan984
07-20-2007, 11:38 PM
5-11 or 6-10 is my prediction. if everything goes right maaybe we can get 9 wins.

08 will be different. I hope everyone gives Cam a chance if we don't have a great year this year.

Brown42000
07-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Miami's defense alone will win them 4 games this upcoming season.

bwb8605
07-20-2007, 11:45 PM
SD won't make the playoffs. LT is great, amazing, etc. And their defense is good, but an entirely new coaching staff, and a new offense...I would expect Denver to take the AFC West. But as far as Miami goes, I could see them being a 4-12 team or an 11-5 team. Really don't know. It all comes down to the usual suspects: New QB and New O-line. D will be solid, RBs and WRs are fine, but can Cam get Green and the new fatboys going? we'll see.

Crypt Keeper
07-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Miami's defense alone will win them 4 games this upcoming season.The team as a whole is better then what we fielded last season. I think we are looking at a 7 to 9 wins this season with a breakout year in 08'. I see the division shaping up like this:

1. Patriots: 13-3
2. Dolphins: 8-8
3. Jets: 7-9
4. Bills: 5-11

Brown42000
07-20-2007, 11:53 PM
The team as a whole is better then what we fielded last season. I think we are looking at a 7 to 9 wins this season with a breakout year in 08'. I see the division shaping up like this:

As much as I hate to say it, I think the Jets will be better then that unless Pennington gets hurt again which is a very realistic possibility. As for the Fins I believe if the o-line can be average the Fins will have a very good chance at making the playoffs.

PeterNorth
07-21-2007, 12:11 AM
They have the entire NFC East going 7-9. This is nothing more than guesswork. It is no more of an "expert" opinion than most people on this site, even as homeriffic as some of you are.

Flip Tanneflop
07-21-2007, 12:13 AM
Phins 11-5
Patsies 11-5
Jests 9-7
Barfallo 6-10

dlockz
07-21-2007, 12:15 AM
SD won't make the playoffs. LT is great, amazing, etc. And their defense is good, but an entirely new coaching staff, and a new offense...I would expect Denver to take the AFC West. But as far as Miami goes, I could see them being a 4-12 team or an 11-5 team. Really don't know. It all comes down to the usual suspects: New QB and New O-line. D will be solid, RBs and WRs are fine, but can Cam get Green and the new fatboys going? we'll see.

Question Why would SD have such a new offense since Turner instilled this offense in the first place.

B.Sebo
07-21-2007, 12:39 AM
You know, I have been coming here for a long long time, and seen many a Bills fan come and go. I respect the view of this particular Bills fan, but I seriously think he is turned around. I believe that it is the Bills that are in danger of being in shambles. I believe this because first I do not believe in the Bills head coach nor Marv Levy (though I respect the heck out of him). Also I think that Lynch will not be a very good NFL running back (I have been wrong before, see Cadillac Williams [I thought he would be terrible]). However I believe it will depend on the Bills schedule as to what the record will be. Unfortunately, I have not studied the schedule so I cannot say what that record is (although I would venture somewhere between 5-7 wins based on what I know about the roster).

On the reverse, Miami's team is largely the same talent-wise as they were in the past. The only difference throughout the years has been QB play. Now we have seen Gus Frerotte lead us to the brink of the playoffs and (dare I really conjure this name from the great beyond) Jay Fiedler take us to the playoffs. Now if Trent Green can perform at the same level of these two then Miami should win at the least NINE games. Now if Green is a better quarterback than those two then perhaps Miami wins more.

When it all comes down to it, the AFC East will be won by the Patriots (although I do believe that era is coming to an end) with the Phins and Jets fighting for second and a possible playoff spot, and the Bills close behind.

FinAtic8480
07-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Last year they were predicting us to go to deep into the playoffs or Super Bowl, look how far that got us. I love being the under dog.

Califin
07-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Without question, probably the single most advantageous occurance to befall the team this offseason.
Negative hype serves the body of this franchise, nothing but awe inspiring goodness, while "positive" drives it deeper into the dumpster, than any other potential form of misfortune.
Quite the contrary Bills Own You! This messenger bringeth kickazz news!

CrunchTime
07-21-2007, 01:00 AM
So far there has been no problem but the potential is there so please no smack on this thread.Hopefully we are mature enough to keep it friendly.:)

Dolfan984
07-21-2007, 01:26 AM
You know, I have been coming here for a long long time, and seen many a Bills fan come and go. I respect the view of this particular Bills fan, but I seriously think he is turned around. I believe that it is the Bills that are in danger of being in shambles. I believe this because first I do not believe in the Bills head coach nor Marv Levy (though I respect the heck out of him). Also I think that Lynch will not be a very good NFL running back (I have been wrong before, see Cadillac Williams [I thought he would be terrible]). However I believe it will depend on the Bills schedule as to what the record will be. Unfortunately, I have not studied the schedule so I cannot say what that record is (although I would venture somewhere between 5-7 wins based on what I know about the roster).

On the reverse, Miami's team is largely the same talent-wise as they were in the past. The only difference throughout the years has been QB play. Now we have seen Gus Frerotte lead us to the brink of the playoffs and (dare I really conjure this name from the great beyond) Jay Fiedler take us to the playoffs. Now if Trent Green can perform at the same level of these two then Miami should win at the least NINE games. Now if Green is a better quarterback than those two then perhaps Miami wins more.

When it all comes down to it, the AFC East will be won by the Patriots (although I do believe that era is coming to an end) with the Phins and Jets fighting for second and a possible playoff spot, and the Bills close behind.

Wow you're member #9. I'm member #6 :D

Bills Own You!
07-21-2007, 01:31 AM
You are entitled to your opinion, and as such you might want to note when it is strictly your opinion, especially on a Fins MB. You may get responses that are fueled by emotion(as opposed to logic) when you attack the team. Just a tip for the future I guess.

Just an opinion, not trying to talk smack. And whoever wrote this article for NFL.com is offering their opinion as well.

I know most fin fans don't care to listen to a bills fans perspective, but Saban destroyed this franchise, and I have to believe it's going to get a lot worse for you before it gets better, especially if Beck or Ginn don't turn out to be legit NFL players.

And don't worry...unlike some buffalo homers i'm not going to tell you that we are superbowl bound in 2007 because I know that's not the reality either, but I can say we are in much better shape than miami right now with all the young talent we have on both sides of the ball. Another 7 or 8 win season this year, and then in 2008 we'll make our move.

Dol-fan305
07-21-2007, 01:32 AM
EVERY YEAR THE STUPID ANALYSIS'D MAKE THEIR PRSDICTIONS AND ONLY A SMALL FRACTION ARE RIGHT. YOU CANT TEST A MANS HEART AND WILL TO BE THE BEST. TO PLAY AND GET BETTER.WHAT I HAVE LERNED IS THAT ALL THE HYOE MEANS NOTHING. IT ALL ABOUT ANY GIVEN SIUNDAY FOR 16 WEEKS AND EVENTHOUGH EVRY1 IS ON THE PARTIOITS *** I KNOW WE HAVE THEIR NUMBER AND I DONT MAKE NO PREDICTIONS AND JUST WANT TO SEE OUR TEAM MAKE AN IDENTITY AND SUPRISE THIS YEAR.

Please do not circumvent the profanity filter.

Bills Own You!
07-21-2007, 01:34 AM
lol. I really loved your "Don't shoot the messanger folks" line. That was classic. You loved every minute of posting this.

Thankfully though, when it comes to reality:

1. Miami owns Buffalo lifetime.
2. Buffalo will remain in the state of "we are getting better". Then of course finish the usual 6-10 or 7-9.
3. Pre-season predictions mean squat.

Horrible draft? lol. You wish. Good luck with Paul "weak knee" Posluszny. You think we had a bad draft, try explaining that to us after Paul ends up on IR in the first preseason game. As long as Marv Levy is running things, the Bills won't be winning anything.

Honestly I didn't care for the Posluszny pick either, especially since we wasted another 3rd round pick for the 2nd year in a row to trade up. Plus there's concerns I had with his game and how it will transition into the pros.

But I will tell you than Lynch is going to be the real deal, and definitely is in position to have a huge season as a rookie. Also I'm stunned that you guys didn't pick up Trent Edwards over Beck. Dude is going to be a stud whether it's in Buffalo or with another team down the line.

njfinfan
07-21-2007, 01:45 AM
As much as I hate to say it, I think the Jets will be better then that unless Pennington gets hurt again which is a very realistic possibility.

This is key IMO. If Chad stays healthy, I think the Jets are a very dangerous team. That said, it comes down to playing the games. Anything else is guesswork. I'm much more comfortable going into the season not overhyped like we were last offseason.

Stitches
07-21-2007, 01:48 AM
Just an opinion, not trying to talk smack. And whoever wrote this article for NFL.com is offering their opinion as well.

I know most fin fans don't care to listen to a bills fans perspective, but Saban destroyed this franchise, and I have to believe it's going to get a lot worse for you before it gets better, especially if Beck or Ginn don't turn out to be legit NFL players.

And don't worry...unlike some buffalo homers i'm not going to tell you that we are superbowl bound in 2007 because I know that's not the reality either, but I can say we are in much better shape than miami right now with all the young talent we have on both sides of the ball. Another 7 or 8 win season this year, and then in 2008 we'll make our move.

I don't know how anyone can say Saban destroyed it after what we went through with Wanny.

NativeFloridian
07-21-2007, 01:50 AM
haha bills boy you just had fun posting that diddnt u? well yea we arent goign 4-12 thats crazy we cant be worse we have upgraded! i say we go 6-10 at best 9-7. This will be a breakout year for us

madisonfan90
07-21-2007, 01:52 AM

Actually Saban helped rebuild this franchise with his drafts.

B.Sebo
07-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Wow you're member #9. I'm member #6 :D

Wow, this is the first time I have seen somebody that has been here as long as I have been in a long long time. Although to be fair, while I am member 9, I was around member 120 or so on the old board, which I still remember. I remember with yearning the days when we had the shoutbox competitions, and we all rallied around the cause of hate of Wanny and Fiedler.

I see that you post a lot more than me though, I never have been much of a poster, more of a reader.

So I am interested in whether or not theres a lot of the original people posting in the VIP.

As to everyone else, sorry to have gotten off track, us old people tend to do this from time to time.

Aqua4Ever04
07-21-2007, 04:28 AM

We got a guy who will be one of the best return guys in the game, and have a homerun threat on offense as well. We got our QB of the future, a center who will start this year, and another lightning flash at running back. I'd say we made out like bandits.

How are we in shambles? We have one of the NFL's best defenses, a young stud running back, a solid veteran QB, a deep list of solid receivers, and an offensive line that is a bit shaky. Our offensive line could potentially be in shambles, but we'll talk about that around week 5.

This topic isn't about the Bills, so I won't begin on how bad they will be.

Aqua4Ever04
07-21-2007, 04:30 AM
Last year they were predicting us to go to deep into the playoffs or Super Bowl, look how far that got us. I love being the under dog.

I couldn't agree more. Do you have any idea how much crow I'd be serving up if we do well? I haven't herd anyone who's not a Dolphins fan mention Miami as a threat.

Aqua4Ever04
07-21-2007, 04:33 AM
The team as a whole is better then what we fielded last season. I think we are looking at a 7 to 9 wins this season with a breakout year in 08'. I see the division shaping up like this:

Pretty accurate and very objective, nice picks man. I still have to give us the benefit of the doubt in a game or 2 more making a strong push at getting into the playoffs. I can honestly see us winning 10 and getting in, but at the same time, I could also see us falling apart and winning just 5 games (but I highly doubt that) so you're 8 wing pick is a safe one and I like it.

As for the other teams, I agree. I got 12 wins for the Pats, and the same number as you for the Jets and Bills. The Jets beat just one team with a winning record last year, and that could easily be called a fluke (over the Pats.) Pennington is still extremely fragile and I still don't trust his noodle arm.

JPhinfan86
07-21-2007, 05:20 AM
At the time, it was completely blood boiling but now it's a great thing that many of the Dolphins failures in 2006 were of their own doing. That means they control their own future in many ways. With new tools, new leadership (a figure I've had an immediately good feeling about) this team is heading up. We'll be back on top again soon....persistence is golden and we have the tools to get this done. RAWK ON!!!!!

SuperMarksBros.
07-21-2007, 06:56 AM
the guy has every nfc east team finishing 7-9. he is clearly on drugs...though i dont ave a problem with him picking miami to finish last, most "experts" will.

Mari0k
07-21-2007, 07:11 AM
NFL.com 2007 predictions: Dolphins 4-12, last place in AFC East
:sidelol:

tay0365
07-21-2007, 08:55 AM

2007 PREDICTED STANDINGS AFC East North South West Patriots (11-5)* Bengals (12-4)* Colts (13-3)* Chargers (10-6)* Jets (8-8) Steelers (11-5)* Titans (10-6)* Broncos (8-8) Bills (8-8) Ravens (10-6) Jaguars (9-7) Chiefs (6-10) Dolphins (4-12) Browns (4-12) Texans (6-10) Raiders (5-11) NFC East North South West Redskins (7-9)* Bears (10-6)* Saints (11-5)* Seahawks (10-6)* Eagles (7-9) Lions (9-7) Panthers (10-6)* Cardinals (9-7)* Giants (7-9) Vikings (6-10) Buccaneers (7-9) Rams (7-9) Cowboys (7-9) Packers (3-13) Falcons (4-12) 49ers (6-10) WILD CARD: NE over TEN, SD over PIT, CHI over ARI, CAR over WAS DIVISIONAL: CIN over NE, SD over IND, SEA over CHI, CAR over NO CHAMPIONSHIP: SD over CIN, SEA over CAR SUPER BOWL: SD over SEA

This is great news, this means Miami should at least win 12 games this year, considering how wrong these people normally are.....nice

LtDan
07-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Consider the messanger shot!

:rofl:

FinfanBaH
07-21-2007, 09:45 AM
and he has arizona goin to the playoffs? like jim mora said......."Playoffs!"?

finswin56
07-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Please stay on topic guys. If you feel it's a crap thread, don't post, or shoot down the topic with a well thought out post. Talking smack about the Bills is off topic, and against the TOS.

Dollarz
07-21-2007, 10:19 AM

Of course you would agree. If it had you guys going 4-12 we would agree also.

Anyway, I don't care about predictions anymore. Alot of times they are dead wrong anyway. Look at last year. Everybody had us going 10-6 or even higher and look how that turned out.

SpurzN703
07-21-2007, 10:35 AM

Ok so Dallas is predicted here to be 7-9 when in other predictions I've seen them going to the Super Bowl. That alone tells you something.

Ahhh remember the days when we were respected and had 12-4/11-5 predictions? Seems like such a distant memory

SpurzN703
07-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Consider the messanger shot!

:rofl:

:lol:

hilslo
07-21-2007, 10:45 AM
I think what immediately discredits NFL.com's predictions, besides the Dolphins going 4-12, is that they have the Titans at 10-6! C'mon, I like VY as much as the next guy but he can't single handedly run the Titans into the playoffs...they have no wide receivers and VY's passings skills are maginal at best.

As for our beloved Dolphins, the should have at least 3 wins after week 6 with wins over the Raiders, Texans and Browns. I personally don't think we're looking at a great year (7-9), but how someone can predict we'll finish worse than the Raiders is beyond me.

Phanatical
07-21-2007, 10:56 AM
No way the Dolphins finish 4 - 12. But I'm really glad to see the media bashing the Dolphins. I don't want them setting lofty expectations on the Dolphins. Now, anything Miami does better than 4 wins is better than what they expected. That should be easy to do.

That's a really good point. I like everyone predicting the Phins to finish 4-12. It will go straight to the psyche of the team. If they can start out getting a couple wins in the first four or five games it can really be a moral booster and lead to them believing they can win, lead to them having a fun season, and best of all, trying to prove the "experts" wrong. Keep on predicting doom and gloom!!!

GO PHINS~!

PMZQ
07-21-2007, 11:40 AM

Sounding like you are trying to convince yourself of it :sidelol:

I'd much rather have our team than yours right now.....I believe we sweep the Jills this year.

kegman
07-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Brady Quinn is not going to haunt us at all but will haunt the browns. He gets seven years total NFL time three starting he just doesnt have the arm. I'm not saying beck will be great yet either but everyone has said he is accurrate. Quinn is the next Qb flop for the brownies.

PMZQ
07-21-2007, 11:51 AM
I don't know how anyone can say Saban destroyed it after what we went through with Wanny.

Exactly....the reason we've have 4 coaches in 5 years is all on the shoulders of the Moustached One. :tantrum:

dlockz
07-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Exactly....the reason we've have 4 coaches in 5 years is all on the shoulders of the Moustached One. :tantrum:

When did Huzienga grow a mustache.

baddraft07
07-21-2007, 12:07 PM
4-12 or 5-11 I also agree

go_fins
07-21-2007, 12:15 PM
4-12 is just way too bad a prediction. my guess we go 7-9 or 8-8. I mean, common, we did get Trent Green. I could understand them predicting 4-12 if we were going with Beck or Lemon, but we have a proven veteran QB.

MassMiamiFan
07-21-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm getting tired of all these 4-12, 5-11 predictions I keep seeing. I may sound like a homer, but with the defense we have it's hard for me to believe we won't get at least 6 or 7 wins. With a little luck this is a 8 or 9 win club in my mind. While I do hate all the negative attitude about the Dolphins, it actually might help them this year. They can really sneak under the radar, and have some extra motivation.

PHINANALYST
07-21-2007, 12:40 PM
There are really 2 pieces that will define the PHINS success on the field this year ... T & QB ...

1- Can Carey perform at LT

2- Can Shelton survive at RT

3- Will Green play a minimum of 12 games ..

IF 1 happens, 3 has a reasonable shot at happening.

IF 1 & 2 happens, then 3 is very likely to happen -- and the PHINS will be postured to win 8-10 games.

Finfang
07-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Wanna bet?

And seriously you rather have:

Chambers over Evans?

Beck (who is the same age as Losman and played in the Wac) or Losman (11th ranked passer in the NFL)?

Carey over Peters (ask JT about Peters)?

Dockery over whoever your guard is?

Allen over Whitner?

You guys have some good pieces but the best ones are getting real old. The Bills were one of the youngest teams in the NFL and were alive for the playoffs with 2 weeks to go. Marv's smarter than you. :wink:

Who is the starting running back for the Bills this season?

dlockz
07-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Now you are trolling. :rolleyes:

If trolling is defined as I understand it.
Making comments to provoke an angry response, I would say you were quite incorrect sir. I was just saying its as much Huzienga's fault as anybody's because he could have made differant choices.:err::tongue::confused::tantrum::beer1:

I can put smilies in my response also lol. Not trying to troll just putting in my half cent.

Buzz
07-21-2007, 01:08 PM
I don't see a 4-12 record but the Fins are not a playoff caliber team IMO. 6-10 is likely, maybe 7-9 with some good QB play.

jdcane98
07-21-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm a huge Dolphins fan, always have been, but this is a troubled franchise. Even with a guy dubbed the NFL's best QB ever-they only went to one Super Bowl. Even with what was probably the best team-d ever for 5 or so years, they couldn't get to an AFC title game. This is a wounded franchise, and Wanny-Saban-Spielman types haven't helped. I truly blame H. Wayne, he's a terrible owner who's only successes have come in 1 year w the Marlins and 1 year with the Panthers. Cam was a 2nd tier hire. I hope that things can change, but the holes are glaring and the Phins may never recover. They're more than 1-2 players away.

QB- Green's too old, Beck's a rookie.
OL- Missing a true LT, the OGs are weak, rookie C, Carey's the true 'star'.
RB- Brown's been overrated so far and the back-up's a rookie.
WR/TE- Chambers hasn't been a go-to threat, Booker is ok at best, McMichael is gone, the TE's are weak, the other WR's are weak, Ginn is a ST'er only, and Welker is gone. Hagans needs to step up.
DL- The DT's are old and the back-ups are unproven, one DE is a gamebreaker and the other has yet to really play, no back-ups.
LB- Thomas-Crowder is a great duo, then there's a huge drop off.
DB- The CB's are weak, the S's are good but not great. Jason Allen hasn't been much yet. Could be another in a long line of busted Phins 1st rounders.
ST- Feely is solid but isn't clutch, Ginn is injured, Welker is in NE.

Really if you break it down, this team could easily finish 4-12 if the D starts to show its age and lack of depth.

Stitches
07-21-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm a huge Dolphins fan, always have been, but this is a troubled franchise. Even with a guy dubbed the NFL's best QB ever-they only went to one Super Bowl. Even with what was probably the best team-d ever for 5 or so years, they couldn't get to an AFC title game. This is a wounded franchise, and Wanny-Saban-Spielman types haven't helped. I truly blame H. Wayne, he's a terrible owner who's only successes have come in 1 year w the Marlins and 1 year with the Panthers. Cam was a 2nd tier hire. I hope that things can change, but the holes are glaring and the Phins may never recover. They're more than 1-2 players away.

WR/TE- Chambers hasn't been a go-to threat, Booker is ok at best, McMichael is gone, the TE's are weak, the other WR's are weak, Ginn is a ST'er only, and Welker is gone. Hagans needs to step up.
DL- The DT's are old and the back-ups are unproven, one DE is a gamebreaker and the other has yet to really play, no back-ups.
DB- The CB's are weak, the S's are good but not great. Jason Allen hasn't been much yet. Could be another in a long line of busted Phins 1st rounders.

Really if you break it down, this team could easily finish 4-12 if the D starts to show its age and lack of depth.

how do you figure Ginn is injured and only a special teamer?

And at LB, Porter is a better LB than Crowder at this point.

BuffaloSoldier2
07-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Who is the starting running back for the Bills this season?

Marshawn Lynch, #13 pick in the draft

BuffaloSoldier2
07-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Someone should ditch this thread, look at the bIlls fans name for flips sake and tell me he isnt out to create smack! A Bills fan shouldnt even be allowed to post a thread on a Dolphin fan site IMO if he creates arguments which can get ugly.

It's not getting ugly. There are no personal insults or cheap shots being taken. It's just a little football smack. None of us know what's gonna happen but it fun to talk about it.

I go to Bills' board and can have every say how awesome the Bills are. But it's fun to talk with a rival and there are some good people here. It's all in fun. Trust me, if I meant a person from this board in Buffalo, I'd be more than glad to treat them to a beer. :beer1:

dlockz
07-21-2007, 01:22 PM

I agree we could easily go 4-12 it really depends on the oline and Qb play but mostly the oline. I do think you are selling our roster a little too short you have some points but you make me seem like the eternal optimist..

Qb-Not that happy here but we did make an attempt to draft out future
Rb-Ronnie has been solid and booker should be a good backup. I agree too many on this board think that all you have to do is give Ronnie carries and he gets Larry Johnson yards, its much more complex than that.
Wr- I like our set of Wr's, pretty solid set with alot of potential, I hate our Tes very mediocre group.
OL-Wow we could be in trouble, alot depends on carey and yes our guards are weak but at least we added one player to interior that should do well.
Dl- There is some age but there is also some youth Roth,Wright and Solai.
I think wright will be a stud in the longrun.
LB-the starters are all good but of course if you have two pro bowlers as starters then you will have a dropp off at backup but Pope has shown he can play and Spragen played well enough. Not a bad set of backups.
Db- Corner could be a problem, hopefully Goodman can play but if dline has injuries I believe the corners may suffer. I think Allen is good Will that is, Jason he needs GPS just to find the field as of right now.
ST- punter is aquestion but he seems good, really dont think feeley overall is any better than mare, just kick them damn marlins out.
Ginn should be a better returnman then Welker but this is the NFL . All signs to ginn being real good at this job.

FanMarino
07-21-2007, 01:30 PM
It's not getting ugly. There are no personal insults or cheap shots being taken. It's just a little football smack. None of us know what's gonna happen but it fun to talk about it.

I go to Bills' board and can have every say how awesome the Bills are. But it's fun to talk with a rival and there are some good people here. It's all in fun. Trust me, if I meant a person from this board in Buffalo, I'd be more than glad to treat them to a beer. :beer1:

Wasnt aimed at you at all BuffaloSoldier2. Hope u didnt take offense because it was aimed at the guy who created this thread. Ive looked at his previous posts and hes a wind up merchant. I will chat all day with other AFC East fans as long as their arguments are consistent and reasonably respectful and not blatantly biased. Sometimes i ask alot eh! :lol: :up:

Stitches
07-21-2007, 03:45 PM
If I'm not mistaken he drafted Ronnie Brown #2 overall, when you take a RB that high he better be a 1400+ yard back right of the bat but he has been nothing but a bust so far. I'm sure you want to blame the oline just like a lot of mcgahee homers did in buffalo, but good oline or not you produce if you are an elite back.

Sorry but I don't see anything from his two drafts that indicate he helped rebuild this franchise, especially if Allen don't pan out either.

Tough to get 1400+ yards when you only get 207/241 carries.

Phinphanatic13
07-21-2007, 03:47 PM

Seahawks are a year removed from the SB and nearly beat Chicago in Chi-town last year with a seriously banged up team. They have more experience on the field and on the sideline than any other NFC team and the best home field advantage (record wise) in the NFC. Why would they not be one of a few teams considered? They proved last year they can play with the best the NFC had to offer with a secondary fielding guys off the street - literally.

trate121hb
07-21-2007, 05:04 PM
i rather have predictions like this and exceed them than have SI pick us tto go to the superbowl and we suk.....and u cant say our draft sucked until a couple of years...i personally love every guy we drafted...

Dolfan1000
07-21-2007, 07:04 PM
To put him with Hester, is (to use your own words), "ludicrous".

FinsAreLife
07-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Most Bogus out on a limb predictions i've seen all offseason. O well, its alright. No way the Super Bowl will be San Diego and Seattle but i do think one of those teams might make it. I guess the playoff predictions aren't too bad but the in-season ones are.

Marino13fanboy1
07-21-2007, 07:23 PM
What's funny is that we ALL know without a doubt that Miami with this team and a 37 year old Marino would be odds on favorites to get to the SB. :cooldude:

njfinfan
07-21-2007, 07:26 PM

It is getting ugly. Keep all future posts on topic please and not just referring to the Buffalo fans.

NativeFloridian
07-21-2007, 07:37 PM
who cares wht these analysts say! i mean come on we have faith and know our team will go far so ignore everyone else

thejetssuck
07-21-2007, 07:43 PM
OK, to predict that we will finish last in the division is one thing,especially since we play in one of the tougher divisions.

But to predict that we will go 4-12?!?!?! WOW, this guy is either a complete freaking moron or taking some seriously crazy large quantities of mind altering hallucinogens.:m359:

NativeFloridian
07-21-2007, 08:14 PM
i know these so called "analysts" must be on something

thejetssuck
07-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Honestly I didn't care for the Posluszny pick either, especially since we wasted another 3rd round pick for the 2nd year in a row to trade up. Plus there's concerns I had with his game and how it will transition into the pros.

But I will tell you than Lynch is going to be the real deal, and definitely is in position to have a huge season as a rookie. Also I'm stunned that you guys didn't pick up Trent Edwards over Beck. Dude is going to be a stud whether it's in Buffalo or with another team down the line.

TRUST ME, as far as the Posluszny pick goes, you guys got a freaking steal!:tantrum:
I am a Penn State fan and have watched this guy throughout his career. I will be utterly shocked if he doesn't make multiple pro bowl appearances throughout his nfl career. As a dolphins fan I am a VERY UNHAPPY camper knowing that we are gonna have to face this guy twice a year. He played hurt all last season and still looked good, when this guy is fully healthy like he was the season before, he is a force to be reckoned with and reminds so much of Zack Thomas in that they are both in on or around almost every single defensive stop.

Personally I am glad we took Beck over Trent. Beck is more accurate, has better touch on his passes, a quicker release,is less injury prone and is a proven winner and leader on AND off the field. Now even after saying all that, I stilll think Trent has all the tools to become a stud in the league and have I almost no doubt that he will eventually become a better QB than JP LOSEman (but I guess that really isn't saying too much, is it.:lol:). considering how often this guy got injured (and yes I am quite aware that he played be hind a pretty bad O-line at Stanford), he is gonna have some work ahead of him in proving that he can be relied upon as the starter and stay healthy. Three years from now all these questions will be answered.

rdhstlr23
07-21-2007, 10:29 PM
The only way any team in this division were to go 4-12 would be if Pennington gets injured, Jason Taylor were to be injured, Tom Brady were to be injured, and J.P. Losman were to be injured. The teams in this division have too much talent on a particular side of the ball to allow them to go 4-12---Miami was a great example of that last year.

I personally believe Buffalo will finish last in the division, but it will be with a 6-10 record.

Iroquois Joe
07-21-2007, 11:49 PM
The only way any team in this division were to go 4-12 would be if Pennington gets injured, Jason Taylor were to be injured, Tom Brady were to be injured, and J.P. Losman were to be injured. The teams in this division have too much talent on a particular side of the ball to allow them to go 4-12---Miami was a great example of that last year.

I personally believe Buffalo will finish last in the division, but it will be with a 6-10 record.

Well, there is at least one thing Buffalo and Miami have in commom. Thats not to many of the "experts", or anyone outside their own fan base giving them much hope of being much more than celler dwellers.

Most Buffalo fans don't have hurt feelings that we are flying under the radar either. Cause like you, we believe our team is better than others advertise it.

I don't know your team as well as I know the Bills, but there are a couple of things that concern me, being a Bills fan.

I was feeling pretty good about your aging LBs till Porter came on the scene and I think Ginn will be pretty scary on ST. I'm not sure what kind of receiver he will be, at least this year, but like Parrish, every time he gets his hands on the ball he will have the potential to take it to the house.

Green is an upgrade too. I have always liked him. I think last season is behind him and if your line can be middle of the pack, he should win at least a couple of games for you that Culpepper or Harrington would'nt.

I don't like Quinn. I don't like his vibe. Plus reports from OTA were'nt the greatest. The Cleveland weather is much like Buffalos, just round the lake, and he was having problems with the wind, for one thing.

BleedinGreenNC
07-22-2007, 01:42 PM
This is key IMO. If Chad stays healthy, I think the Jets are a very dangerous team. That said, it comes down to playing the games. Anything else is guesswork. I'm much more comfortable going into the season not overhyped like we were last offseason.

I am a Jet's fan, and i know very well that we will not be a championship team with Penny boy at the helm.

spydertl79
07-22-2007, 01:51 PM
San Diego in the SB with an entirely new coaching staff? Yeah right! And I don't understand the Seahawk love either but lets be honest, winning the NFC is like winning the special olympics.

Deep2Evans
07-22-2007, 03:49 PM
I believe we sweep the Jills this year.

All I bet you anything in the world of any amount that it won't happen. Theres no possible way. Especially since we've got the better of the fish the last few years.

MikeO
07-22-2007, 06:00 PM
preseason predictions had MIAMI in the SUPER BOWL last year.

Shows how much these people know!!

rdhstlr23
07-22-2007, 09:25 PM
All I bet you anything in the world of any amount that it won't happen. Theres no possible way. Especially since we've got the better of the fish the last few years.

There is no possible way Miami sweeps Buffalo this year? Just like there was no possible way that Buffalo could sweep Miami last year? Or that the Saints could go to the NFC Championship game? Or that Peyton Manning could win the big one? Or that the Red Sox could come back and beat the Yankees? Or that the Warriors could upset the Mavericks? Anything could happen. If you were take a bet stating that there is no possible way that Miami could sweep Buffalo this year, you could potentially be in for a very big loss of money. I'm not saying it will happen, but to just say no way possible...that has to be an overexaggeration, right?

madisonfan90
07-22-2007, 10:53 PM

I'd much rather have our team than yours right now.....I believe we sweep the Jills this year.
I

madisonfan90
07-22-2007, 10:56 PM

My bad on the first post anyway i cant believe u made that statement. As long as Buffalo has the Losman to Evans combo there good for one win over Miami every year.

Deep2Evans
07-23-2007, 02:31 PM
There is no possible way Miami sweeps Buffalo this year? Just like there was no possible way that Buffalo could sweep Miami last year? Or that the Saints could go to the NFC Championship game? Or that Peyton Manning could win the big one? Or that the Red Sox could come back and beat the Yankees? Or that the Warriors could upset the Mavericks? Anything could happen. If you were take a bet stating that there is no possible way that Miami could sweep Buffalo this year, you could potentially be in for a very big loss of money. I'm not saying it will happen, but to just say no way possible...that has to be an overexaggeration, right?

Nope, it won't happen. You wont be winning here in December, just like last year, the Bills are 5-1 against the Fish the last 3 years, theres no way of a sweep.

The bets still on the table for anyone.

rdhstlr23
07-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Nope, it won't happen. You wont be winning here in December, just like last year, the Bills are 5-1 against the Fish the last 3 years, theres no way of a sweep.

The bets still on the table for anyone.

I'll be happy to take it. Since I know you're so sure, I'll take 10-1 odds. I need some type of odds for this because as you so eloquently put it, there is no way it could happen. I'll put $10 on it and take 10-1 odds.

Of course, I'm sure sure you're looking for a straight up bet though aren't you? You'll never find anyone willing to take a straight up bet on if the Dolphins sweep the Bills or not.

And you'll probably say because I don't think it will happen. You're right, I don't think it will happen. The point is, you're making the prediction that there is no way it could possibly happen. Anything could happen. So, I will oblige and put some money down, or do something someway, with odds.