PDA

View Full Version : Send the NFL a message!!!

gish
07-21-2007, 02:24 AM
For anyone that wants to see the Vick situation handled differently. I've made it easy to send a direct message to the NFL. Just click the link below and follow these 3 easy steps.

CLICK HERE TO SEND THE NFL A MESSAGE (http://www.nfl.com/help/emailtech)

1. Scroll down till you see this screen

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/nflemail1-1.jpg

2. Choose "Comments on site or stories" from the drop down menu.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/nflemail2-1.jpg

3. Enter your name, email address, and the following message, and hit "Send My Message"

As an avid animal lover and a fan of the game of football, I would like to request that the league takes a stand immediately against Michael Vick. He is a disgrace to his team and the NFL. He should be punished as severely as needed to make it clear that the NFL will not stand for this type of behavior.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/nflemail3-1.jpg

Please make your voice heard.

NativeFloridian
07-21-2007, 02:30 AM
i truly praise you for this! thank you so much. I my self have 2 dogs and have had over 6 so far, i love dogs and can not beileve vick was not suspended or kicked out for good i hate vick now. and i will for sure do this!

B.Sebo
07-21-2007, 02:34 AM
While I certainly agree with you about the severity of the situation, the accusations are only short to beating your spouse or murder, we have to let due process take its course. Yes, at this point I would love nothing more than Vick to be suspended for the year, but innocent until proven guilty, I would not want my boss firing me until the government made a final decision, as such I cant expect anything less in this case.

At the same time, the NFL needs to get all the facts in this case in case the old athlete standby comes in, buying out of charges. Unfortunately, this is a reality in our world, that celebs and sports stars can get out on technicalities or wealthy settlements. It the old Orwellian philosophy that "all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." If this does happen and the NFL considers there to be enough evidence from its own investigation, they can slap his behind with a lengthy suspension.

marinotoclayton
07-21-2007, 02:42 AM
Personally I think he should be given the boot from NFL. He is supposed to be a role model for kids his team mates etc. And whether or not he was actually involved . He is guilty to a certain extent and he should be held accountable. Since it was his property. This will serve as a reminder for others who think they are above the law.

gish
07-21-2007, 02:45 AM
While I certainly agree with you about the severity of the situation, the accusations are only short to beating your spouse or murder, we have to let due process take its course. Yes, at this point I would love nothing more than Vick to be suspended for the year, but innocent until proven guilty, I would not want my boss firing me until the government made a final decision, as such I cant expect anything less in this case.

At the same time, the NFL needs to get all the facts in this case in case the old athlete standby comes in, buying out of charges. Unfortunately, this is a reality in our world, that celebs and sports stars can get out on technicalities or wealthy settlements. It the old Orwellian philosophy that "all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." If this does happen and the NFL considers there to be enough evidence from its own investigation, they can slap his behind with a lengthy suspension.

There is no law forcing the NFL to let Mike Vick play football. He can be suspended at anytime, regardless of guilt. There is no voting of juries in football. Commish says how it is, and that's how it will be. Vick lied to his face, and should pay for it.

NativeFloridian
07-21-2007, 02:46 AM
good thing nike took away their deal with him

popularwar
07-21-2007, 02:57 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/07/Untitled1-1.jpg

icephinfan
07-21-2007, 03:06 AM

:lol:

Mogwai
07-21-2007, 03:30 AM
Uh, I dont think NFL.com's tech support gives a ****.

But unless someone wants to put up Goodell's gmail address then I guess this will have to do. Thanks for putting it up.

LarryFinFan
07-21-2007, 07:26 AM

The fact is that many of us would be fired if we brought this type of negative publicity to our workplace. This is more than innocent until proven guilty. This situation touches the publics decency and morality. It ranks just behind mass murder and pedafile. The NFL is in a lose-lose situation. If they suspend Vick now and he is acquitted, then Goodell opens himself up to public debate and possibly legal debate. If Goodell does nothing now, the public court will determine him guilty of treason to his goal of 'cleaning up the NFL' and any further suspensions or fines for misconduct will be meaningless to those fans.

He needs to act now on this situation, even if that were the idea of a "leave of absence". While that shows that they are doing something, albeit not enough to most of the public, it will allow for Vick's circus to perhaps not blacken the other eye of the NFL. After the trial has taken place, the monetary issue of the suspension could be determined, be that a fine or holding back of salary. I would not like to be Goodell on this decision....it looks like he's screwed either way he goes with this....

Amars
07-21-2007, 07:40 AM
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Icephinfan

Season almost here we have to get together again.

ih8brady
07-21-2007, 07:51 PM
The fact is that many of us would be fired if we brought this type of negative publicity to our workplace. This is more than innocent until proven guilty. This situation touches the publics decency and morality. It ranks just behind mass murder and pedafile. The NFL is in a lose-lose situation. If they suspend Vick now and he is acquitted, then Goodell opens himself up to public debate and possibly legal debate. If Goodell does nothing now, the public court will determine him guilty of treason to his goal of 'cleaning up the NFL' and any further suspensions or fines for misconduct will be meaningless to those fans.

He needs to act now on this situation, even if that were the idea of a "leave of absence". While that shows that they are doing something, albeit not enough to most of the public, it will allow for Vick's circus to perhaps not blacken the other eye of the NFL. After the trial has taken place, the monetary issue of the suspension could be determined, be that a fine or holding back of salary. I would not like to be Goodell on this decision....it looks like he's screwed either way he goes with this....

Exactly! Many police officers under allegations of brutality/misconduct are suspended with pay before later being found not guilty. The same goes for teachers, corporate or govt. leaders and other people from white collar, blue collar or labor jobs. Why should Mike Vick be any different, especially when image means so much to the NFL and the Atlanta Falcons? (OJ Simpsons lost a TV pilot for NBC due to his trial)

The NFL, particularly Goodell, is suppose to be enforcing a Good Conduct policy for players off the field(LOOK @ Joey Porter's fine). Vick has a history of poor conduct off the field, esp at airports, but even slight involvment in such inhumanity surely violates any code of conduct. If he is found guilty, there's no way the NFL could allow him to ever play again. No commisioner could ever be that stupid.

NativeFloridian
07-21-2007, 07:59 PM
man i hate how the gov treats pro sports peeps different then we would be

Skeet84
07-21-2007, 08:16 PM

Its also because they can afford much better lawyers.

So who is starting the Kick Vick out of the NFL club? :)

FiveStar
07-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Agreed.

NativeFloridian
07-21-2007, 08:29 PM
man i am starting that club

Alex44
07-21-2007, 08:34 PM
My question to everyone is this, and this isn't to downplay the situation at all. He should be punished severely, and I'm even going to send the message like everyone else.

Would you care nearly as much if this was cockfighting? What if he was making fish fight? Ants? Any animal other than dogs?

gish
07-28-2007, 12:53 AM
My question to everyone is this, and this isn't to downplay the situation at all. He should be punished severely, and I'm even going to send the message like everyone else.

Would you care nearly as much if this was cockfighting? What if he was making fish fight? Ants? Any animal other than dogs?

If you understood the process of domestication, then you would realize that there is a huge difference between fighting chickens and dogs. After being removed from natural surviving environments for many generations, dogs have been stripped of most of their survival skills and are reliant on human support for most of their survival needs. There are some dogs that can still hunt and scavenge for survival, but most breeds cannot survive on their own for a very long time. This means that dogs are subject to our mercy and control. They are very emotional animals and extremely loyal to their owners, these are the prime reason that dogs were chosen as a widespread favorite for domestication. Torturing a dog is not far from the level of torturing a child. They are both completely reliant on adult human support for survival. I dont condone fighting of any animals, yet I would hardly ever consider the severity of fighting chicken to be equal to that of fighting and torturing dogs with extremely inhumane methods of execution.

burger13
07-28-2007, 09:19 AM
If you understood the process of domestication, then you would realize that there is a huge difference between fighting chickens and dogs.

Torturing a dog is not far from the level of torturing a child.

these statements right here are perfect examples of the perspective that people need in regard to this subject. Torturing a dog is closer to torturing a child than a chicken?!?!?!

Dog = animal, chicken = animal.

I am often SICKENED by what I see with people and their dogs...bringing them into stores with them, dressing them in clothes, pushing them in baby carriges, french kissing them.

The reason it is getting to me now is that it seems the whole world has already proclaimed Mike Vick the anti-christ...before it has been proven that he has did what they say he did. Because it was dogs. Drives me nuts.

If he did all they say he did he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law and should never play in the NFL again. But why is it so f'n hard for everyone to include the 'If he did all they say he did' part???

Was the commissioner wrong for suspending him? No...he had to, or else all these flaky animal nuts would have protested and picketed at training camp and games etc. Beacause of all that crap it is better that he's not around. It would just be nice if a citizen could wait till they are proven guilty before the public imposes their own punishments on them.

gish
07-30-2007, 01:51 PM
these statements right here are perfect examples of the perspective that people need in regard to this subject. Torturing a dog is closer to torturing a child than a chicken?!?!?!

Dog = animal, chicken = animal.

I am often SICKENED by what I see with people and their dogs...bringing them into stores with them, dressing them in clothes, pushing them in baby carriges, french kissing them.

The reason it is getting to me now is that it seems the whole world has already proclaimed Mike Vick the anti-christ...before it has been proven that he has did what they say he did. Because it was dogs. Drives me nuts.

If he did all they say he did he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law and should never play in the NFL again. But why is it so f'n hard for everyone to include the 'If he did all they say he did' part???

Was the commissioner wrong for suspending him? No...he had to, or else all these flaky animal nuts would have protested and picketed at training camp and games etc. Beacause of all that crap it is better that he's not around. It would just be nice if a citizen could wait till they are proven guilty before the public imposes their own punishments on them.

How many chickens have been taken in by families and bred for their loving and loyal characteristics? There is a reason that dogs have been chosen as man's best friend. I dont agree with dressing dogs up in clothing, but I a believe dogs are valued as family members. You cannot equate that to a chicken.

And as far as your displeasure with dogs lovers jumping to conclusions and calling for Vick's head. Vick has the right to to be tried in court before being convicted of any crimes. However, the public isnt convicting him of anything and are open to any speculation that they see fit. If everyone went by what you said, then OJ should be considered a victim.

Everyone knows that Vick DID DO what everyone says he did. Even if he gets off, we all know what happened. He doesnt deserve the life he has been given and he deserves to lose it all, including his freedom. He should be imprisoned for 25 years. But that wont happen, he will probably serve 6 months and pay a fine, combined with probation and community service.

retired opfinistic
07-30-2007, 02:31 PM
these statements right here are perfect examples of the perspective that people need in regard to this subject. Torturing a dog is closer to torturing a child than a chicken?!?!?!Does your chicken cozy up to you when it's frightened during a thunderstorm? Dogs and kids do.

Dog = animal, chicken = animal.Dog = pet, chicken = original or extra crispy (I do not condone cockfighting either, btw)

I am often SICKENED by what I see with people and their dogs...bringing them into stores with them, dressing them in clothes, pushing them in baby carriges, french kissing them. To each their own. I have a Dolphin Jersey for my dog, no carraige, he comes to Petsmart with me, and as far as french-kissing...let's just say I've seen him lick his nuts, we ain't kissing. :lol:

The reason it is getting to me now is that it seems the whole world has already proclaimed Mike Vick the anti-christ...before it has been proven that he has did what they say he did. Because it was dogs. Drives me nuts. Why does it drive you nuts? The alleged crime is heinous, and we, as the public, can judge him however we wish. I'd love to see him thrown to a pack of hungry chihuahuas personally, and get eaten from the ankles up.

If he did all they say he did he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law and should never play in the NFL again. But why is it so f'n hard for everyone to include the 'If he did all they say he did' part???Overwhelming evidence makes it tough.

Was the commissioner wrong for suspending him? No...he had to, or else all these flaky animal nuts would have protested and picketed at training camp and games etc. Beacause of all that crap it is better that he's not around. It would just be nice if a citizen could wait till they are proven guilty before the public imposes their own punishments on them.Not only animal nuts, but any decent person that has a heart for dogs and does not condone the torture and murder of them. I'm no flaky activist, I'm just a man who loves his dog and sees him as a family member. The thought of my little guy being subjected to the alleged activities that Vick is accused of makes my blood boil and incites my anger.

I guess what it all boils down to is basic human decency. If you don't find fault in the crimes that Vick allegedly :rolleyes: committed, then you may feel he is being treated unfairly, that's a right that you have as well.