PDA

View Full Version : Tammy Faye Messner Dies at 65

BAMAPHIN 22
07-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Live one day at a time, without fear, Tammy Faye Messner said earlier this month as she battled cancer, weighing just 65 pounds.

Messner, who as Tammy Faye Bakker helped her husband, Jim, build a multimillion-dollar evangelism empire that collapsed in disgrace, has died, her manager said Saturday. She was 65.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3401881

SkapePhin
07-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Rest in peace..

Wasnt she just on Larry King the other night? She was a nice lady.. She went through a lot in her life as well it seems..

Coral Reefer
07-23-2007, 01:51 AM
Rest in peace..

Wasnt she just on Larry King the other night? She was a nice lady.. She went through a lot in her life as well it seems..

Personally, I saw her and her husband as nothing more than your typical run of the mill evangelist scam artist. I have zero respect for what they did for a living.

Having said that, I don't like to hear of anyone having to suffer and widdle away to nothing with cancer.
Horrible way to go.

SECfootball
07-23-2007, 02:43 AM
Rest in peace..

Yes, I think it was Thursday, and she looked like the Crypt Keeper.

I don't really believe in heaven, but I hope she's in a better place. I have no respect for her or her husband but I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone.

SkapePhin
07-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Personally, I saw her and her husband as nothing more than your typical run of the mill evangelist scam artist. I have zero respect for what they did for a living.

Having said that, I don't like to hear of anyone having to suffer and widdle away to nothing with cancer.
Horrible way to go.

IMO, she was completely manipulated by Jim Bakker...