PDA

View Full Version : Something from the Bills Message Board

pepsi752
07-22-2007, 11:19 PM
JP Losman QB, Bills- In the mind of the average fan, JP Losman is an average quarterback. 3000 yards and 19 tds are average numbers, but JP Losman is far from the norm. The guy doesn't know the meaning of the word "quit" and he has all of the physical skills to be a beast of a quarteback (and that he will be). Last year was essentially JP's second year under center in the NFL and he matured drastically from his previous years. His first year in the league, Troy Vincent broke his leg because the players thought he was cocky. The year after that JP looked overwhelmed and had a 65 qb rating. But this year is his year. This is his team and his time. He has been in Buffalo two weeks after the season has ended working on improving his game. With a better RB, a better offensive line, and a team that is under his lead, don't be suprised to see JP playing in Hawaii in February this season.

Thoughts?

Dollarz
07-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Do not circumvent the profanity filter.

madisonfan90
07-22-2007, 11:27 PM
JP Losman QB, Bills- In the mind of the average fan, JP Losman is an average quarterback. 3000 yards and 19 tds are average numbers, but JP Losman is far from the norm. The guy doesn't know the meaning of the word "quit" and he has all of the physical skills to be a beast of a quarteback (and that he will be). Last year was essentially JP's second year under center in the NFL and he matured drastically from his previous years. His first year in the league, Troy Vincent broke his leg because the players thought he was cocky. The year after that JP looked overwhelmed and had a 65 qb rating. But this year is his year. This is his team and his time. He has been in Buffalo two weeks after the season has ended working on improving his game. With a better RB, a better offensive line, and a team that is under his lead, don't be suprised to see JP playing in Hawaii in February this season.

Thoughts?
I live in Buffalo and i have always liked Losman and i think hes gonna turn out to be an amazing QB so i will say yes he makes it this year along with Lee Evans.

Stitches
07-22-2007, 11:28 PM
To be honest, the year Losman came out I was hoping we'd draft him.

feelthepain
07-22-2007, 11:39 PM
How is it the Bills or Jets or Pats can all claim they're better before playing a down, but Miami isn't allowed the same? How the hell is Lynch better then McGahee? Bills fans are so BLIND, go back and read the love fest they had for Willis when he was drafted, it's the almost the same hype. The Bills had the 31st ranked Passing offense the 32nd ranked rushing Offense and JP is gonna be a beast? Please, they added a G from Washington that had far more talent across the board on the Oline for Dockery to play next to. Dockery has never made a probowl he was grossly overpaid yet he has suddenly made their Oline much better? I'd like to know how. Langston Walker was a turnstile in Oakland and he will make the Bills Oline better, from where the backu position? JP had one win against a team with a winning record last year, and has yet to have a winning season as a pro and if it weren't for the deep ball would have had the same numbers last year as his previous two seasons. Sorry I just don't see JP having the brains to be a "Beast" at QB in the NFL.

Those are my thoughts!

NativeFloridian
07-22-2007, 11:46 PM
i just pissed my pants laughing

madisonfan90
07-23-2007, 12:00 AM
How is it the Bills or Jets or Pats can all claim they're better before playing a down, but Miami isn't allowed the same? How the hell is Lynch better then McGahee? Bills fans are so BLIND, go back and read the love fest they had for Willis when he was drafted, it's the almost the same hype. The Bills had the 31st ranked Passing offense the 32nd ranked rushing Offense and JP is gonna be a beast? Please, they added a G from Washington that had far more talent across the board on the Oline for Dockery to play next to. Dockery has never made a probowl he was grossly overpaid yet he has suddenly made their Oline much better? I'd like to know how. Langston Walker was a turnstile in Oakland and he will make the Bills Oline better, from where the backu position? JP had one win against a team with a winning record last year, and has yet to have a winning season as a pro and if it weren't for the deep ball would have had the same numbers last year as his previous two seasons. Sorry I just don't see JP having the brains to be a "Beast" at QB in the NFL.

Those are my thoughts!
How do you consider Losman bad? He had a 84.9 QB rating last year and like most Dolphins fans say he had a bunch of nobody recievers besides Lee Evans. As far as im concerned hes a good QB and deserves to go to the Pro Bowl.

NativeFloridian
07-23-2007, 12:17 AM
what are you on he had a few good games thats all

Aqua4Ever04
07-23-2007, 12:23 AM
The Bills are the last team on my mind in terms of our competition. If Losman can light us up, we aren't going any where any way.

Hargitt01
07-23-2007, 12:27 AM
A better Running Back? How is Lynch a better running back? He is a rookie and hasn't played a down. Stupid People in Buffalo.

Hargitt01
07-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Josh Reed ????

madisonfan90
07-23-2007, 02:06 AM
Hes still progressing yes, but eventually he will be probowl caliber and this season may be the one that he reaches that level. If Losman wasnt that good why would the Bills trade away Holocomb?

madisonfan90
07-23-2007, 02:08 AM
A better Running Back? How is Lynch a better running back? He is a rookie and hasn't played a down. Stupid People in Buffalo.
Stop hating on Buffalo.

madisonfan90
07-23-2007, 02:15 AM
Why do people hate on Losman? Is it because hes plays for Buffalo?

madisonfan90
07-23-2007, 02:23 AM
The Bills are the last team on my mind in terms of our competition. If Losman can light us up, we aren't going any where any way.
Well until we get better cornerbacks every game will be the same, Losman lighting us up for 3 TDs. And if you havnt noticed this has happened every time the last 3 times we have played the Bills.

GoBills24
07-23-2007, 03:39 AM

Looks like you should call it a season then.

Losman lit you up in that December game for 3 TD's.

GoBills24
07-23-2007, 03:42 AM

This was his first full season as a starter.

And a few good games? You don't get to 3,000+ plus yards passing by a 'few' good games. You have to be somewhat consistent.

TotoreMexico
07-23-2007, 03:57 AM
How do you consider Losman bad? He had a 84.9 QB rating last year and like most Dolphins fans say he had a bunch of nobody recievers besides Lee Evans. As far as im concerned hes a good QB and deserves to go to the Pro Bowl.

This is priceless:sidelol:

MLTKRT
07-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Buffalow used 2 #1 picks for this guy! he sucks!

retired opfinistic
07-23-2007, 10:21 AM
How do you consider Losman bad? He had a 84.9 QB rating last year and like most Dolphins fans say he had a bunch of nobody recievers besides Lee Evans. As far as im concerned hes a good QB and deserves to go to the Pro Bowl.Ya lost me at 'good'.

PhinzN703
07-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Looks like you should call it a season then.

Losman lit you up in that December game for 3 TD's.

There's that overconfidence again. I love it

Bills16Fins6
07-23-2007, 12:56 PM
There's that overconfidence again. I love it5-1 the last 3 seasons, can you blame us? Thats like us talking crap about the Pats!

Deep2Evans
07-23-2007, 02:26 PM
There's that overconfidence again. I love it

Like it really matters? Nobody on here is playing for either team, so honestly does it make any difference whatsoever if fans of diffrent teams are overlooking certain ones? As long as the players dont, which I doubt the Bills will be overlooking any opponent this season because they know they've got to give it their all every game, it doesnt matter.

Stitches
07-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Like it really matters? Nobody on here is playing for either team, so honestly does it make any difference whatsoever if fans of diffrent teams are overlooking certain ones? As long as the players dont, which I doubt the Bills will be overlooking any opponent this season because they know they've got to give it their all every game, it doesnt matter.

Well said.

Jets81
07-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Lossman is a decent QB with an uninspiring last name. So far he's lived up to that name for the Bills. 9-16 as a starter I believe. He'll be more worthy of discussion when he proves he can guide his team to a record .500 or better. Maybe this will be that year.

madisonfan90
07-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please comment only on the post, not the poster

This is priceless:sidelol:

finswin56
07-23-2007, 05:06 PM
I suggest everyone get back on topic.

Dors156
07-25-2007, 11:51 PM
I kknow Bills fans will say im somewhat indenial or homer but i dont see any greatness out of Losman. i really and truely dont. We could see it from Phillip Rivers and Carson Palmer when they were young and rising but Losman isnt a great QB he is a good enough QB to win games for the bills by putting up Decent numbers. Losman isnt going to be the QB who throws 300 yards every other game he is the QB who will throw for 150-200 yards and win the game.

finfan54
07-26-2007, 08:37 PM
BTW, I live near Pittsford NY where they have camp. Today they said Losman did not practice. know why? He strained his back lifting weights. Back probs not good. I'll see if he makes it back tommorrow or next day.

go_fins
07-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Madisonfan90, please explain to me how the **** you can be a Miami and Buffalo "supporter" at the same time??????????????????????? :confused: that's like being a Yankee/Redsox fan? WTF??? I don't know what to say, that's such a paradox:confused: btw, Loseman was a 2nd round pick when the Bills traded up to get him, so they totally reached. I remember The Big O talking about him in WQAM (the Big O is pretty knowledgedable and calls it like it is) and he said that a lot of NFL people rated him as a 2nd round pick. So far the bills invested way too much for marginal returns.

GoBills24
07-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Madisonfan90, please explain to me how the **** you can be a Miami and Buffalo "supporter" at the same time??????????????????????? :confused: that's like being a Yankee/Redsox fan? WTF??? I don't know what to say, that's such a paradox:confused: btw, Loseman was a 2nd round pick when the Bills traded up to get him, so they totally reached. I remember The Big O talking about him in WQAM (the Big O is pretty knowledgedable and calls it like it is) and he said that a lot of NFL people rated him as a 2nd round pick. So far the bills invested way too much for marginal returns.

Ted Ginn was a reach as well. Who cares where the supposed draft experts have them rated?

The point is, can they play football? Losman and Ginn, IMO, both can.

Zeke0123
07-26-2007, 11:05 PM
I like JP and the year he came out he was my #2 to Rivers.. the concerns I had about him have been somewhat proven true.. I figured his arrogance and reliance on his armstrength might hinder his growth.. but I do see him becoming a good NFL starter he is already showing signs.

Deep2Evans
07-26-2007, 11:28 PM
I kknow Bills fans will say im somewhat indenial or homer but i dont see any greatness out of Losman. i really and truely dont. We could see it from Phillip Rivers and Carson Palmer when they were young and rising but Losman isnt a great QB he is a good enough QB to win games for the bills by putting up Decent numbers. Losman isnt going to be the QB who throws 300 yards every other game he is the QB who will throw for 150-200 yards and win the game.

You obviously didnt watch our games against Jacksonville or Houston last season then. JP stepped up big time in those games, and showed me and other Bills fans something we havent seen from him.

In Houston, 2 perfect bombs to Lee Evans for touchdowns, but 82+ yards, then had a game winning drive which lead to a amazing TD pass with just about no time left for the win.

Against Jacksonville lead a great drive in under 2mins that lead to the game winning FG.

You dont have to throw 300+ yards every single game to be a good QB, as long as you preform, show promise, and win games thats all that matters, especially the latter, regardless of stats. I think we'll see it form JP this year.

Deep2Evans
07-26-2007, 11:30 PM
BTW, I live near Pittsford NY where they have camp. Today they said Losman did not practice. know why? He strained his back lifting weights. Back probs not good. I'll see if he makes it back tommorrow or next day.

He just had a sore back, he was lifting all week before camp and has a slight strain, nothing serious at all he said, they're just being extremely careful, theres alot of football ahead, no worries.

GoBills24
07-27-2007, 12:45 AM
I like JP and the year he came out he was my #2 to Rivers.. the concerns I had about him have been somewhat proven true.. I figured his arrogance and reliance on his armstrength might hinder his growth.. but I do see him becoming a good NFL starter he is already showing signs.

The ignorance has gone way down, at least.

That was clearly evident his first couple seasons, so you're correct about that.

PhinFan0202
07-27-2007, 01:54 AM
You obviously didnt watch our games against Jacksonville or Houston last season then. JP stepped up big time in those games, and showed me and other Bills fans something we havent seen from him.

In Houston, 2 perfect bombs to Lee Evans for touchdowns, but 82+ yards, then had a game winning drive which lead to a amazing TD pass with just about no time left for the win.

Against Jacksonville lead a great drive in under 2mins that lead to the game winning FG.

You dont have to throw 300+ yards every single game to be a good QB, as long as you preform, show promise, and win games thats all that matters, especially the latter, regardless of stats. I think we'll see it form JP this year.

I will admit that Losman towards the end of the season settled down a bit and played a pretty good game. I watched the NFL replay of the Titans and Bills game a couple of weeks back and the one thing i noticed is that while leading the offense he didn't make a big mistake. The 2 picks that were thrown were a bobbled pass and a hail marry.

madisonfan90
07-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Because I live in Buffalo I support the Bills but I also like Miami so I support them as well.

madisonfan90
07-27-2007, 08:13 PM

Im glad someone else watches games and knows wtf is going on around here.

FinsNCanes
07-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Hes still progressing yes, but eventually he will be probowl caliber and this season may be the one that he reaches that level. If Losman wasnt that good why would the Bills trade away Holocomb?

LOL

Who wouldn't trade away Holcomb?

madisonfan90
07-28-2007, 03:53 PM
LOL

Who wouldn't trade away Holcomb?
Because Holocomb was there just in case Losman wasnt ready but now the coaches have faith in him so they traded away the competetion.

Mike13
07-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Miami and Buffalo Supporter

Thats quite an oxymoron.

Anyway Losman is an above average QB, he is by no means an upper echelon QB but he has that potential.

He's along the lines of Eli Manning, Tony Romo and Rex Grossman.

Mr.Right
07-28-2007, 11:35 PM

Todd Collins, Doug Flutie, Rob Johnson.....

PhinzN703
07-29-2007, 12:51 AM
5-1 the last 3 seasons, can you blame us? Thats like us talking crap about the Pats!

Yeah and if you get swept next year, what will it be then? Will you gloat about being 5-3 against us?

PhinzN703
07-29-2007, 12:53 AM

Good luck convincing this board of that. FH wouldn't exist if it never really mattered what any of us had to say

Brown42000
07-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Because Holocomb was there just in case Losman wasnt ready but now the coaches have faith in him so they traded away the competetion.
When Miami and Buffalo face each other who do you root for?

madisonfan90
07-30-2007, 01:17 AM
When Miami and Buffalo face each other who do you root for?
I support Miami. When they come to the Ralph and play I wear my Dolphins gear.

finfan54
07-30-2007, 09:21 PM
He just had a sore back, he was lifting all week before camp and has a slight strain, nothing serious at all he said, they're just being extremely careful, theres alot of football ahead, no worries.

My buddy says there are rumours that he did not do it lifting weights and that it is something else that caused his back probs. And slight back strains can turn into serious probs. When you strain muscles, especially in your back, guess what? you keep straining them over and over unless you rest and heal properly.

Brassmonki14120
07-30-2007, 09:36 PM
My buddy says there are rumours that he did not do it lifting weights and that it is something else that caused his back probs. And slight back strains can turn into serious probs. When you strain muscles, especially in your back, guess what? you keep straining them over and over unless you rest and heal properly.

Who's your buddy?

Brassmonki14120
07-31-2007, 12:27 AM
Thats quite an oxymoron.

Anyway Losman is an above average QB, he is by no means an upper echelon QB but he has that potential.

How so?

BleedinGreenNC
07-31-2007, 08:26 AM

Im with this guy, you cant like 2 teams from the same division.

I guess it's who's winning at the time.