288K Pokemon Diamond - DS
214K Pokemon Pearl - DS
197K Forza Motorsport 2 - 360
197K Guitar Hero 2 w/Guitar - PS2
177K Guitar Hero 2 w/Guitar - 360
157K Pokemon Battle Revolution - Wii
146K Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition - Wii
142K The Darkness - 360

No sales number for GameCube yet. Will update when/if possible.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-23-2007, 08:02 PM
wow Mario Party 8 is selling quite well

muscle979
07-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Nintendo is tearing things up. They own the top two selling systems and the top four games for the month. Impressive. I'm also impressed at how well the PS2 is still selling. It will be interesting to see if the PS3 price drop has any impact for July and August.

Motion
07-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Nintendo Juggernaut continues.....

Medieval954
07-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Nintendo is tearing things up. They own the top two selling systems and the top four games for the month. Impressive. I'm also impressed at how well the PS2 is still selling. It will be interesting to see if the PS3 price drop has any impact for July and August.

According to Sony, sales have increased 135% since the price drop.

According to the company's internal tracking, PS3 sales increased by more than 135 percent at the company's top five retailers since the new $499 price was introduced back on July 9.

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=16892

It will be interesting to see exactly how much of a sales spike Sony got for PS3 in next month's chart. By the way, Sony's "top 5 retailers" are Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, Circuit City and GameStop.

dolphan117
07-23-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm still kinda thinking that as soon as the 60 gig PS3's sell out they are going to drop the 80 gig down to 499. And you know what? Its freaking brilliant. If Sony had just dropped the price of their top system by $100 Microsoft would have dropped the 360 price as well which would have kept less people from buying the PS3, even at its reduced price......

By doing it this way (If they are planing things how I think they are) they are going to have a full month (at least) of selling their console at a reduced rate over Microsoft. They will make up some important ground on the 360 during that time.

TexanPhinatic
07-24-2007, 12:01 AM
Nintendo has dominated hand-helds ever since the launch of the gameboy, no shock that the DS is selling superbly. The Wii is the biggest surprise by far-not even nintendo anticipated such a demand, which is why they are in such short supply. The supply will not fully reach demand even in time for the XMass season.

TBH the sony price drop is kinda crappy, unless your really into the blu-ray thing. You can get the top notch XBox elite for $499, versus the middle console of sonys line. Now if your into bluray then yeah its a good deal, but thats why sony cant go any lower with the price drops-ultimately I dont see the drops being that big a deal-especially if microsoft chooses to drop its prices.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-24-2007, 02:31 AM
Nintendo has dominated hand-helds ever since the launch of the gameboy, no shock that the DS is selling superbly. The Wii is the biggest surprise by far-not even nintendo anticipated such a demand, which is why they are in such short supply. The supply will not fully reach demand even in time for the XMass season.

TBH the sony price drop is kinda crappy, unless your really into the blu-ray thing. You can get the top notch XBox elite for $499, versus the middle console of sonys line. Now if your into bluray then yeah its a good deal, but thats why sony cant go any lower with the price drops-ultimately I dont see the drops being that big a deal-especially if microsoft chooses to drop its prices.

Microsoft is losing money hand over fist on the 360. I don't see a price drop while the losses is still in the billions

Phin-o-rama
07-24-2007, 08:47 AM
I still think Nintendo is creating their own demand and under shipping units on purpose.

They are kickin *** though.

dolphan117
07-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Microsoft is losing money hand over fist on the 360. I don't see a price drop while the losses is still in the billionsIDK, someone from Microsoft said they would indeed drop the price on the 360 if Sony cut the PS3.