PDA

View Full Version : Quinn

MotownPhins#1
07-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Although i havent posted but once prior to this (and yes i am a Phin fan as well as a Wolverine), i have been reading up on all the things being said about Quinn and how some people feel we should have taken him..i for one, who has seen him get humiliated at times by many of the Big 10 teams, was happy that we didnt take him.....but here is a little something that some of you may or may not be aware of...hope this works, if not, fogive me in advance......

god bless the fins and god bless blue!

QUINN ALREADY WEARING OUT HIS WELCOME?
Browns fans were thrilled when the team traded back into round one in order to stop the free-fall of quarterback Brady Quinn. We're not so sure that they still feel that way.
First, there's the suggestion that the guy who was taken with the No. 22 overall pick in the draft wants to be paid as if he was drafted in the top ten.
But, you see, he wasn't. He was No. 22. And, for draft picks, a guy's first contract is tied directly to where he was drafted.
Randy Moss accepted this reality at No. 21. Other guys who became superstars despite not being picked in the first 20 selections did so as well. Quinn is entitled to no exception here, and a holdout will only hurt his chances to connect with the denizens of the Dawg Pound.
And, as far as the Browns fans go, there's only one thing worse than attempting to gouge the team. It's attempting to gouge the fans themselves.
According to WEWS in Cleveland, Quinn was at a local mall on Saturday to sign autographs. The only catch? The minimum cost for a signed item was $75 (http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/13731744/detail.html), and the maximum was $225.
Fans who brought their own items for signature reportedly weren't permitted to get the items signed.
Just as one NFL train wreck finally is unfolding in Atlanta, we sense another one coming on the shores of Lake Erie. It might not happen this year, but it's coming.

NYinBostonFin
07-24-2007, 11:25 AM
There are a lot of jerks on football teams. Him wanting more money doesnt make me feel good about not drafting him.

If Beck turns out to be better than Quinn, that will make me feel good about not drafting him.

dlockz
07-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Although i havent posted but once prior to this (and yes i am a Phin fan as well as a Wolverine), i have been reading up on all the things being said about Quinn and how some people feel we should have taken him..i for one, who has seen him get humiliated at times by many of the Big 10 teams, was happy that we didnt take him.....but here is a little something that some of you may or may not be aware of...hope this works, if not, fogive me in advance......

Browns fans were thrilled when the team traded back into round one in order to stop the free-fall of quarterback Brady Quinn. We're not so sure that they still feel that way.
First, there's the suggestion that the guy who was taken with the No. 22 overall pick in the draft wants to be paid as if he was drafted in the top ten.
But, you see, he wasn't. He was No. 22. And, for draft picks, a guy's first contract is tied directly to where he was drafted.
Randy Moss accepted this reality at No. 21. Other guys who became superstars despite not being picked in the first 20 selections did so as well. Quinn is entitled to no exception here, and a holdout will only hurt his chances to connect with the denizens of the Dawg Pound.
And, as far as the Browns fans go, there's only one thing worse than attempting to gouge the team. It's attempting to gouge the fans themselves.
According to WEWS in Cleveland, Quinn was at a local mall on Saturday to sign autographs. The only catch? The minimum cost for a signed item was $75 (http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/13731744/detail.html), and the maximum was $225.
Fans who brought their own items for signature reportedly weren't permitted to get the items signed.

Just as one NFL train wreck finally is unfolding in Atlanta, we sense another one coming on the shores of Lake Erie. It might not happen this year, but it's coming.

Some people go out of thier way to hate Quinn. Does anybody think he is the only one and do they know the circumstances. I m sure Ted Ginn will just give away signed items.

dolpns13
07-24-2007, 11:41 AM

We are blessed we didnt get this joker...All the lying about wanting to go and play in Cleveland because he is attached to the team is BS. Thank my stars more everyday we did not pick up this loser. I hope they do not fold and he get paid his 22nd pick...If he does get top ten money the first thing he should do is go and get that girlfriend of his one hell of a facelift!

phinphan11
07-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Yea, I saw this... looks like something we might have avoided for once.

NYinBostonFin
07-24-2007, 11:50 AM
We are blessed we didnt get this joker...All the lying about wanting to go and play in Cleveland because he is attached to the team is BS. Thank my stars more everyday we did not pick up this loser. I hope they do not fold and he get paid his 22nd pick...If he does get top ten money the first thing he should do is go and get that girlfriend of his one hell of a facelift!

Lot of hate here, for what reason I dont know.

He just wants to make the money where he was expected to go in the draft. It isnt the first time a player used this tactic to get more money. He will come out making more maney than the 22nd pick should get, but nowhere near what he wants, and he knows it. Its called negotiating.

I know you won't be thanking your lucky stars, if he turns out to be a probowler.

dolpns13
07-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Lot of hate here, for what reason I dont know.

He just wants to make the money where he was expected to go in the draft. It isnt the first time a player used this tactic to get more money. He will come out making more maney than the 22nd pick should get, but nowhere near what he wants, and he knows it. Its called negotiating.

I know you won't be thanking your lucky stars, if he turns out to be a probowler.

I don't have alot of hate until people start to get overgreedy. If he was picked top ten and wanted top ten money i wouldnt mind. But he wasnt picked top ten so by no means should he get top ten money. If he does, just imagine what this will do to middle round draft picks next year. Everyone will be screaming they feel they should have gone in the top ten who were drafted later and even more holdout could occur...Look at Aaron rodgers, he went 25 and was considered top ten. He didnt complain. I just do not think it is justified by any means. You were picked where you were picked and you should get paid as such...

Its a travesty that these unknown rookies even holdout anyways.

NYinBostonFin
07-24-2007, 12:20 PM
I don't have alot of hate until people start to get overgreedy. If he was picked top ten and wanted top ten money i wouldnt mind. But he wasnt picked top ten so by no means should he get top ten money. If he does, just imagine what this will do to middle round draft picks next year. Everyone will be screaming they feel they should have gone in the top ten who were drafted later and even more holdout could occur...Look at Aaron rodgers, he went 25 and was considered top ten. He didnt complain. I just do not think it is justified by any means. You were picked where you were picked and you should get paid as such...

Its a travesty that these unknown rookies even holdout anyways.

That would be true, if it wasn't so well reported that the Browns were doing everything they could to trade up to get him. They also gave up a lot to get him. To any good agent, that will tell me he deserves more money than where he was picked. I don't know many football players that don't want to get the most they can, esp coming out of college.

And Quinn is far from an unknown rookie.

PhinzN703
07-24-2007, 12:23 PM

75 bucks for an autograph. A rookie autograph. Never in my life would I pay that

NYinBostonFin
07-24-2007, 12:28 PM
75 bucks for an autograph. A rookie autograph. Never in my life would I pay that

What is really sad is that its not even the worst I have seen for a rookie's autograph.

dolpns13
07-24-2007, 12:38 PM
That would be true, if it wasn't so well reported that the Browns were doing everything they could to trade up to get him. They also gave up a lot to get him. To any good agent, that will tell me he deserves more money than where he was picked. I don't know many football players that don't want to get the most they can, esp coming out of college.

In terms of unknown rookie I mean he hasnt done anything on an NFL field so he is unproven, just as every rookie is.

Because a team moves up to get a player should not suggest that player gets more money by any means. The point is the player should get paid where he was picked regardless of any circumstance. For arguments sake If anything paying a player more for moving up should be opposite...The player should get less. If a team moves up to get a player the agent should not command more money as you have pointed out, but morally speaking should command less money because firstly, the team gave up the value of picks to move up, and now the team has to give up even more money for salary because they moved up. The team could state that if they did not move up to get the player he would have fallen even farther and lost even more money and therefore we should pay him to where we think he would have fallen but since we are paying him where he was picked we are doing him a favor.

The point is he was picked at 22, he should get paid at 22

phinphan11
07-24-2007, 12:38 PM

More like NFL unproven...

dolpns13
07-24-2007, 12:40 PM
More like NFL unproven...

Thats what I meant

DZimmer000
07-24-2007, 12:46 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Just as one NFL (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm#) train wreck finally is unfolding in Atlanta, we sense another one coming on the shores of Lake Erie. It might not happen this year, but it's coming.

The Ginn pick is looking better and better as the days go by. It looks like another good job by our F.O.

SabanHater
07-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Top ten money??????? I guess he thinks he can earn it through autographs.
That is some serious BS and I hope the fans let him know it.

padre31
07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Top ten money???????

He is there #1 pick for next year, I guess he thinks that the Browns would have been picking in the top ten next year even with his play at the QB position.

You can see a long hold out coming.

cigar
07-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Id pay $75 to have him sign a dead Lake Erie carp. Thats about the only thing worth mounting with his signature on it.

The Aqua Crush
07-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Sure shows where his priorities are. The Ginn pick makes me happier everyday

Phins19
07-24-2007, 01:02 PM
i hope they are smart and never give him the money he wants. Im so glad we didn't take his sorry ***. Players that charge their fans for autographs make me sick. As if they don't make enough money as it is. Pathetic!

cigar
07-24-2007, 01:05 PM
This is exactly how the powers that be thought this would play out. Either get two guys who want to play football, who come into camp on time, and let you develop them, or get a pretty boy QB with a grossly inflated self image that screws up his team's, and his own development.
Here's to the two gentlemen the Phins drafted (and all of em for that matter) and to a front office who is getting it done.

MIAdolphin89
07-24-2007, 01:07 PM
well on the bright side he isn't in it for the money...

NYinBostonFin
07-24-2007, 01:12 PM
In terms of unknown rookie I mean he hasnt done anything on an NFL field so he is unproven, just as every rookie is.

Because a team moves up to get a player should not suggest that player gets more money by any means. The point is the player should get paid where he was picked regardless of any circumstance. For arguments sake If anything paying a player more for moving up should be opposite...The player should get less. If a team moves up to get a player the agent should not command more money as you have pointed out, but morally speaking should command less money because firstly, the team gave up the value of picks to move up, and now the team has to give up even more money for salary because they moved up. The team could state that if they did not move up to get the player he would have fallen even farther and lost even more money and therefore we should pay him to where we think he would have fallen but since we are paying him where he was picked we are doing him a favor.

The point is he was picked at 22, he should get paid at 22

You are forgetting, agents don't put the team first, they put their client first. What you are saying may sound right, or more ethical.....but players arent looking to make less.....and the Browns Im sure saw this coming when moving up.
Rookies see this as their big payday....if Quinn turns out to be a flop (which you are predicting he will be) it even makes more sense that he should try to cash in as much as he can now, before he is seen as a bust. Hard to fault him for that.

JAKEIII
07-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Can't wait for the pound to let the snowballs fly. Fins made the right choice in Beck.

dolpns13
07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
You are forgetting, agents don't put the team first, they put their client first. What you are saying may sound right, or more ethical.....but players arent looking to make less.....and the Browns Im sure saw this coming when moving up.
Rookies see this as their big payday....if Quinn turns out to be a flop (which you are predicting he will be) it even makes more sense that he should try to cash in as much as he can now, before he is seen as a bust. Hard to fault him for that.

I know agents are out to get the most money and I am sure Quinns agent has him all up in arms as well... But that isnt my point. My point is in all fairness to the Browns, they should not under any circumstances pay him top ten money. My point is, Quinn, does not deserve top ten money because he was not a top ten pick, regardless of skill

Where did I predict he will be a flop exactly? Dont put words in my mouth please...Thanks

NYinBostonFin
07-24-2007, 01:41 PM
I know agents are out to get the most money and I am sure Quinns agent has him all up in arms as well... But that isnt my point. My point is in all fairness to the Browns, they should not under any circumstances pay him top ten money. My point is, Quinn, does not deserve top ten money because he was not a top ten pick, regardless of skill

Where did I predict he will be a flop exactly? Dont put words in my mouth please...Thanks

Your kidding right? Ive seen many anti Quinn posts from you. Including this thread. If I was going to take you on this thread alone, you are happy that he isnt a fin and you also made fun of his gf. Just a guess....but you don't think he is good.

Sorry to put words in your mouth :sidelol:

ThatOneGuy
07-24-2007, 01:58 PM
This is exactly how the powers that be thought this would play out. Either get two guys who want to play football, who come into camp on time, and let you develop them, or get a pretty boy QB with a grossly inflated self image that screws up his team's, and his own development.
Here's to the two gentlemen the Phins drafted (and all of em for that matter) and to a front office who is getting it done.

:sidelol:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/10267245

:sidelol:

dolpns13
07-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Your kidding right? Ive seen many anti Quinn posts from you. Including this thread. If I was going to take you on this thread alone, you are happy that he isnt a fin and you also made fun of his gf. Just a guess....but you don't think he is good.

Sorry to put words in your mouth :sidelol:

Come on man!!! Yes, we are talking about this thread. If you want to talk about another thread go find it and and post in there. Being happy someone is not a fin is not bashing them, unless there is a new definition to the term bash. Bashing someone is to say they suck or will fail, not that you are happy they arent a fin. No need to make the thread personal buddy.

Back to the point...He isnt justified in getting 10th pick money

So, do you think he should get top ten money?

NYinBostonFin
07-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Come on man!!! Yes, we are talking about this thread. If you want to talk about another thread go find it and and post in there. Being happy someone is not a fin is not bashing them, unless there is a new definition to the term bash. Bashing someone is to say they suck or will fail, not that you are happy they arent a fin. No need to make the thread personal buddy.

Back to the point...He isnt justified in getting 10th pick money

So, do you think he should get top ten money?

I think he should get better than 22nd, but in no way would I give him top 10 money. The Browns were willing to give up the picks for him, some of that pick money should go to him. That is me thinking like an agent.

In the end, he won't get 10, but he will be closer to 10 money than 22. I'd say a compromise of low teens pay is coming.

Cleveland has gone through this before. Winslow and his agents thought he deserved #1 pick money. They wound up paying him more too, after his holdout. That came back to bite them.

playmaker1
07-24-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm sorry, but I am so happy we didn't draft him. I don't care what kind of career he might have

dolpns13
07-24-2007, 03:01 PM
I think he should get better than 22nd, but in no way would I give him top 10 money. The Browns were willing to give up the picks for him, some of that pick money should go to him. That is me thinking like an agent.

In the end, he won't get 10, but he will be closer to 10 money than 22. I'd say a compromise of low teens pay is coming.

Cleveland has gone through this before. Winslow and his agents thought he deserved #1 pick money. They wound up paying him more too, after his holdout. That came back to bite them.

Do think it is fair he would only sign purchased merchandise and not merchandise that people brought from home...Just trying to get a feel for what you think of him and whether you think it was a good idea that we passed on him or not...

In my eyes after all this he's a complete jerk

NYinBostonFin
07-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Do think it is fair he would only sign purchased merchandise and not merchandise that people brought from home...Just trying to get a feel for what you think of him and whether you think it was a good idea that we passed on him or not...

In my eyes after all this he's a complete jerk

That has more to do with the place he was signing at, not Quinn himself. I'm sure Quinn would sign anything for $75+ a shot.

When I got a ball signed by Marino, it was +175. Is it right that players charge so much for signatures, no. But thats the world we live in.

I'll tell you if I'm happy we passed on him when I see both him and Beck play a down. If Quinn turns into a probowl HOF player, I will not be happy we passed on him.....and I dont care how much he charges to shake his hand at the time.

Remember, not a lot of good things were being said about Marino after we drafted him until he played a down. There were questions about cocaine use, and about the type of person he was as well. Look at how that turned out.

Vertical Limit
07-24-2007, 03:34 PM
75 dollars MINIMUM. The guy is a joke. I think he can be really good in this league, and I was a fan.

But so far, outside of Notre Dame, the guy presents himself like a complete jerk. He thinks he's top ****, as if he is a shoe-in at the HOF charging for his autograph which may be worth as much as Ryan Leaf's NFL rookie card two years from now.

The guy presented himself with such class at Notre Dame. Ever since the draft, he's been a different person. Where's the old Brady Quinn?

NYinBostonFin
07-24-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm sorry, but I am so happy we didn't draft him. I don't care what kind of career he might have

After 10+ years of mediocre QB play, you don't care if we just passed on a great QB? Really? Bc he wants more money than his pick says he deserves....

wow

playmaker1
07-24-2007, 05:08 PM
After 10+ years of mediocre QB play, you don't care if we just passed on a great QB? Really? Bc he wants more money than his pick says he deserves....

wow

Great QB? Are you sure about that. Name a big game he showed up in college. We didn't need a QB that didn't impress in college.
Name one stat that shows just how great he is.....

wow.

DonShula84
07-24-2007, 05:24 PM
:sleep:

Quinn hasnt said once he wanted top 10 money and the Browns havent signed any of there draft picks so maybe it is more than Quinn being greedy?

NYinBostonFin
07-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Great QB? Are you sure about that. Name a big game he showed up in college. We didn't need a QB that didn't impress in college.
Name one stat that shows just how great he is.....

wow.

You said in an earlier quote

"I'm sorry, but I am so happy we didn't draft him. I don't care what kind of career he might have"

So, if Quinn has a HOF career.....you will still be happy we didnt pick him. Why? Because he charges too much on autographs? That is ridiculous.

I never said anything about his college career. I was just commenting on what you posted.

playmaker1
07-24-2007, 06:19 PM
You said in an earlier quote

"I'm sorry, but I am so happy we didn't draft him. I don't care what kind of career he might have"

So, if Quinn has a HOF career.....you will still be happy we didnt pick him. Why? Because he charges too much on autographs? That is ridiculous.

I never said anything about his college career. I was just commenting on what you posted.

Then you could say we should have drafted a lot of players that went behind guys we have picked in recent years because they are having better careers than guys we picked.
My point is Quinn is overrated. We didn't pick him for a reason, and I'm happy about that. A lot of scouts didn't think he has it. I think his pretty boy, I'm better than you approach to things is ridiculous and I'm glad we knocked him off his high horse some by not drafting him. Now he is going to hold out of training camp, hurt his team chemistry, because he wants more money than he should receive for going #22 over all. Fine by me. So yes, I am happy we didn't draft him, no matter what kind of career he has.
In the NFL, guys on other teams are going to have great careers that we had a shot at drafting. It happens. I can live with that.

MelbournePhin
07-24-2007, 09:20 PM
ive hated quinn ever since his days at ND

phinphan11
07-24-2007, 09:27 PM
ive hated quinn ever since his days at ND

That was only last season...

NativeFloridian
07-24-2007, 10:36 PM
wow thats crazy not letting fans get their stuff signed if they bring it thats mad, i mean the brown have a small enough population of fans well why dont you go lower that number

nyjunc
07-25-2007, 06:06 AM
Interesting, every time they say something negative about a Dolphins players the site is dismissed as a joke of a website but something that makes the dolphins look good and you believe it.

cnc66
07-25-2007, 06:17 AM
and nothing like that happens at ganggreen....

mornin' Junky!

Gardenhead
07-25-2007, 08:13 AM
This issue has been touched on in a number of threads, but I want to state it outright: I want Brady Quinn to be the next Tim Couch/Akili Smith/Ryan Leaf.

I, personally, took a lot of crap from my non-Dolphin friends when we skipped over Quinn. The media likes to point out how horrible of a mistake it was that Miami passed on Quinn. They fail to mention that 22 teams, including Cleveland, passed on Quinn. I want to prove everyone wrong. I want some type of confirmation that our braintrust made the right decision. I want Quinn to fail.

Of course I hope Beck becomes a stud more than I hope Quinn's a failure. But I also want Quinn to fail miserably.

And I hate Notre Dame. And I hate Charlie Weis.

taylormvp99
07-25-2007, 08:16 AM
Quinn will become a stud QB and this franchise will regret the Ginn pick for years.

FinNasty
07-25-2007, 08:16 AM
I think there are many of us that are with you... :cooldude:

Orange FinFan
07-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Quinn will become a stud QB and this franchise will regret the Ginn pick for years.

You know this how?

Orange FinFan
07-25-2007, 08:20 AM
This issue has been touched on in a number of threads, but I want to state it outright: I want Brady Quinn to be the next Tim Couch/Akili Smith/Ryan Leaf.

I, personally, took a lot of crap from my non-Dolphin friends when we skipped over Quinn. The media likes to point out how horrible of a mistake it was that Miami passed on Quinn. They fail to mention that 22 teams, including Cleveland, passed on Quinn. I want to prove everyone wrong. I want some type of confirmation that our braintrust made the right decision. I want Quinn to fail.

Of course I hope Beck becomes a stud more than I hope Quinn's a failure. But I also want Quinn to fail miserably.

Personally I do too. And he if does produce in Cleveland, I want John Beck to be so much better.

mullingan
07-25-2007, 08:20 AM

Wow did you call Miss Cleo to find this out? Nothing will be determined until 3 or 4 years from now. I will say this. Beck is in camp and Quinn is looking like a holdout, perhaps even a lengthy holdout. So I give Beck a 1 up on Quinn coming out of the starting gates.

dolpns13
07-25-2007, 08:26 AM
Personally I want him to fail miserably as well if for anything, to save face of the Dolphins franchise. You know if he succeeds then the media will tear us apart. IMO, even without the contents of this thread, I think he will fail. He did absolutely horrible in minicamps. His accuracy was wayyyyyy off and passes were flying over and under WR's, which was a huge problem at ND and he was throwing interceptions. Now he is holding out, and most likely for a very long time. We all know from experience what happens to players that hold out, and thats with our team so he is even worse off in that Cleveland has far worse coaching and is a far worse team than Miami and he is playing the hardest position in all of pro sports so his development will take even longer in comarison to JA and RB

BlueFin
07-25-2007, 08:40 AM
We'll see, I'm more interested in Beck and his success than Quinns, but I can appreciate the sentiment.

I will say this, now that we've had a chance to learn more about both players, I'm more impressed with Beck's intangibles than Quinn's, Beck seems much more intelligent and dedicated than Quinn to me, and that is very very important to this whole equation.

bullseyeguy
07-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Interesting, every time they say something negative about a Dolphins players the site is dismissed as a joke of a website but something that makes the dolphins look good and you believe it.Not me, I like PFT...Does that give me cred?

feelthepain
07-25-2007, 08:42 AM

I don't, he's not a Dolphin, so I don't care what he does. I hope Ginn proves he's the fastest most dangerous WR in the league, he has the tools. I was a little surprised Miami passed on Quinn, but that's only because of everything we were reading before the draft. I sure wasn't angry and I started thinking about the threat Ginn could be for us the day he was drafted. So I let the Quinn thing go the day of the draft. I also like everything I'm reading about Beck. I 'm reading a lot of stuff about Quinns attitude that won't help his progress so for that I'm glad we didn't draft him.

Mike13
07-25-2007, 10:29 AM
and nothing like that happens at ganggreen....

mornin' Junky!

Jets fans are perfect in everyway.:rolleyes:

retired opfinistic
07-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Whatever he does doesn't matter,it's what the Beck/Ginn combo produces that will make or break this year's draft.

TotoreMexico
07-25-2007, 10:49 AM

Oh wise one, please enlighten us

zachequalsgod
07-25-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't want to wish bad luck on Quinn. I've got easy hopes: That Beck is a above average QB and Ginn turns out to be be a elite WR/PR in this league.

Smoke
07-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Whats funny is if we would've drafted Quinn everyone at this site would love the guy. Instead people choose to hate him because we ended up with Ginn, even though Quinn wanted to be a Dolphin in the worst way :rolleyes:.
I personally hope he has a great career and can finally pull Cleveland from the slums.

retired opfinistic
07-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Whats funny is if we would've drafted Quinn everyone at this site would love the guy. Instead people choose to hate him because we ended up with Ginn, even though Quinn wanted to be a Dolphin in the worst way :rolleyes:.
I personally hope he has a great career and can finally pull Cleveland from the slums.

I was pulling for Quinn and damn near shat me pants when they announced Ginn. I don't want him to fail, nor do I want him to be too successful. :wink:

retired opfinistic
07-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Jets fans are perfect in everyway.:rolleyes:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/04/6752026_7_2-1.jpg

:lol:
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/opfinistic/6752026_7_2.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

YardTime
07-25-2007, 12:33 PM
http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/football/nfl/cleveland_browns/17538520.htm

Various reports have the Quinn side expecting better than 22nd-pick money, the reasoning being that teams had Quinn rated in the draft's top 10. The Browns always have been careful to say they rated Quinn 22nd, meaning they intend to pay him like the 22nd pick.

What a piece of work. QUinn, you were the 22nd pick despite how good your moma may think you are. You can expect #22 pick money for a QB. Quit your whining.

burger13
07-25-2007, 12:37 PM

What a piece of work. QUinn, you were the 22nd pick despite how good your moma may think you are. You can expect #22 pick money for a QB. Quit your whining.

yeah...I'm sure it's all Quinn's idea. I'm sure his agent isn't in his ear telling him that he can get him paid more. :rolleyes:

It's fine that we passed on Quinn....but can we at least wait a year or two before we claim victory?? If Quinn turns out to be a Pro Bowl passer...will anyone remember that he had some unreasonable contract expectations as a rookie?

BAMAPHIN 22
07-25-2007, 12:39 PM
yeah...I'm sure it's all Quinn's idea. I'm sure his agent isn't in his ear telling him that he can get him paid more. :rolleyes:

It's fine that we passed on Quinn....but can we at least wait a year or two before we claim victory?? If Quinn turns out to be a Pro Bowl passer...will anyone remember that he had some unreasonable contract expectations as a rookie?

Precisely!!!:beer1:

retarmyfinfan
07-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Apparently he is making it hard to get him signed. Imagine him as the #9 pick and possibly holding out the entire season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

PhinGeneral
07-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Apparently he is making it hard to get him signed. Imagine him as the #9 pick and possibly holding out the entire season.

But if he were the #9 pick, how can you assume the same issue which is apparently causing his hold-out now would be a factor?

Motion
07-25-2007, 12:53 PM

There is nothing in that link about Beck or Quinn.

YardTime
07-25-2007, 12:56 PM

Oh I don't doubt that a lot of this is coming from his agent, but it's sure making Quinn look bad.....and it wouldn't be any different if he were a Dolphin. Do you think he'd be in camp yet for us either? Yes I know Ginn isn't in camp yet either....

On the other hand, Beck is working his tail off learning the system. Only time will tell if passing on Quinn was truly the right thing, but I certainly like not having to deal with his primadona attitude.

playmaker1
07-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Oh I don't doubt that a lot of this is coming from his agent, but it's sure making Quinn look bad.....and it wouldn't be any different if he were a Dolphin. Do you think he'd be in camp yet for us either? Yes I know Ginn isn't in camp yet either....

On the other hand, Beck is working his tail off learning the system. Only time will tell if passing on Quinn was truly the right thing, but I certainly like not having to deal with his primadona attitude.

Exactly

Finfang
07-25-2007, 01:02 PM
There is nothing in that link about Beck or Quinn.

Here is the Quinn thing. The Beck thing was about him signing. We already know that.

burger13
07-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Exactly

I don't look at this as any kind of negative on Quinn. I didn't think it was anything negatve on Ronnie Brown, Jason Allen, etc.

This is the time for them to trust their agent and let him work the best deal possible as they begin their professional career. Is it better for their progress as a player to be in camp on time? Of course. But how much? by this time next year, will he be able to catch up on what he missed? Of course. But leaving millions on the table? When can you be sure that he'll ever be able to make that up?

It's a game to you and I...so of course we want to see rookies just sign a contract and play. But to the players and their agents...it's business, and they need to make the most of it, because a lot of players never see a second big pay day.

Is there anything else to this primadona attitude you're talking about?

zenile
07-25-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm sorry, but I think too many people are reading into Quinn having not yet signed yet, when this is very common these days. It seems like every year heading into camp there's 3 or 4 high profile rookies who have yet to get a deal done yet with their respective teams. It doesn't make these guys bad guys, its just the nature of the business.

The agents are their to represent the player's best interest. They're going to try and get as much money as possible. I haven't read anywhere where Quinn has said anything negative about the Browns organization yet, so how can people call him a bad guy. It's too early to tell whether passing on Quinn was a good idea or not, but IMO if you have a chance to get a Franchise quarterback you have to take it.

playmaker1
07-25-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't look at this as any kind of negative on Quinn. I didn't think it was anything negatve on Ronnie Brown, Jason Allen, etc.

This is the time for them to trust their agent and let him work the best deal possible as they begin their professional career. Is it better for their progress as a player to be in camp on time? Of course. But how much? by this time next year, will he be able to catch up on what he missed? Of course. But leaving millions on the table? When can you be sure that he'll ever be able to make that up?

It's a game to you and I...so of course we want to see rookies just sign a contract and play. But to the players and their agents...it's business, and they need to make the most of it, because a lot of players never see a second big pay day.

Is there anything else to this primadona attitude you're talking about?

I never said he should not listen to his agent. I agree he needs to make sure he is set due to how contract in the NFL work. But I do think just because he could have gone in the top ten, doesn't mean he should get paid for it. He went #22, that is how he should get paid. That is how it works.
What is the argument, that he will someday be the starting QB for the Browns, so he should get paid like a starter? So what. Beck will one day be our starter, I didn't see him hold out, and ask for the big money.
The point is, Quinn is use to being the guy, and sad thing is, in the NFL he is not. That is the primadonna attitude I am talking about. He has a big head, maybe all the pre Draft magazines with his picture on them went to his head. He failed to win the big games in college, even with ND playing almost every game over his career on national TV, and getting very favorable BSC bowl births. He has been over hyped his whole career. Because of this hype, he want the money. And as for the leaving millions on the table, the guy had endorsements lining up as he walked off the field for the last time in college. So I really don't feel sorry for him.
I personally loved the look on his face draft day when he was so sad, he had to go to a private room so he could cry.

rdhstlr23
07-25-2007, 02:08 PM
If I'm Brady Quinn I realize something. I became an absolute media darling to the NFL fan base and most importantly the Cleveland Brown fan base with the way the NFL Draft shaped up. Why screw that up? I have a chance to be, if I play well and get the Browns franchise back to respectability a la Peyton, to be with the likes of Manning and Brady at the forefront of the image of the NFL. Why ruin that?

I understand that the agent handles all of these contractual things. But, if I'm Brady Quinn, I tell myself I want an agent who will get me into camp while getting me a fair deal. I tell Condon, even if I wouldn't have hired him, that my main goal is to be in camp on time. If I play well, I'm going to get paid. Why ruin that? I just don't understand. I've talked to a few professional athlete friends of mine about it---and I'll be honest the business of professional sports is so cuthroat that most people can't imagine---but if I'm Brady Quinn, I'm falling in the draft, I'm drafted by the fanbase I loved as a child, they give up so much to get me, I have a great image right now (Notre Dame, a draft darling, etc.), I want to get in on that and get to camp in time and whatnot. Reggie Bush did a heckuva job doing that last year. Admist the allegations of him at USC, he utilized being in New Orleans helped that community out and let his game do the talking...Quinn should follow suit.

Greatness920
07-25-2007, 03:29 PM
gotta have sympathy for the browsn they got two first rounders who want top ten money IMO only joe thomas should get that amount and they havent even signed eric wright yet their second rounder good luck to them... there gonna need it looks like we got the right quarterback cuz know for sure if we picked him at nine he wouldnt be close to a deal cuz no one else in the top ten is and hes gonna want money like them i think ted ginn is just thankful and is a little more leneint with the amount hes gonna get

burger13
07-25-2007, 03:47 PM
I never said he should not listen to his agent. I agree he needs to make sure he is set due to how contract in the NFL work. But I do think just because he could have gone in the top ten, doesn't mean he should get paid for it. He went #22, that is how he should get paid. That is how it works.
What is the argument, that he will someday be the starting QB for the Browns, so he should get paid like a starter? So what. Beck will one day be our starter, I didn't see him hold out, and ask for the big money.
The point is, Quinn is use to being the guy, and sad thing is, in the NFL he is not. That is the primadonna attitude I am talking about. He has a big head, maybe all the pre Draft magazines with his picture on them went to his head. He failed to win the big games in college, even with ND playing almost every game over his career on national TV, and getting very favorable BSC bowl births. He has been over hyped his whole career. Because of this hype, he want the money. And as for the leaving millions on the table, the guy had endorsements lining up as he walked off the field for the last time in college. So I really don't feel sorry for him.
I personally loved the look on his face draft day when he was so sad, he had to go to a private room so he could cry.

the agent is playing the 'top10' card...not Quinn. Of course he won't get top-10 money...nor should he. But it might get him a somewhat more money than he otherwise would have at that spot.

Again, I just don't see all the other 'primadona' stuff. He was invited to the draft because everyone thought he'd get picked high....then had to sit there and watch his fall down the draft board with millions watching his every move. Wouldn't you want out of that spotlight?

Do I think the media makes too big a deal of him? Yeah....but is that his fault?

playmaker1
07-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Here is more of the "primadona" for you.

News: Quinn's holdout could last a lot longer than expected, the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

Spin: Although the notion of Quinn missing all of 2007 and either re-entering the draft next year or being traded by the Browns is highly speculative, it is a possibility. His demands appear to be out of sync for a player selected in his spot (overall 22) in last spring's draft. Various reports have the Quinn side expecting better than 22nd-pick money, the reasoning being that teams had Quinn rated in the draft's top 10. The Browns always have been careful to say they rated Quinn 22nd, meaning they intend to pay him like the 22nd pick. We will continue to monitor this story.

Jul. 25, 3:10 PM ET

way to win over your team and fans their brady...

burger13
07-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Here is more of the "primadona" for you.

News: Quinn's holdout could last a lot longer than expected, the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

Spin: Although the notion of Quinn missing all of 2007 and either re-entering the draft next year or being traded by the Browns is highly speculative, it is a possibility. His demands appear to be out of sync for a player selected in his spot (overall 22) in last spring's draft. Various reports have the Quinn side expecting better than 22nd-pick money, the reasoning being that teams had Quinn rated in the draft's top 10. The Browns always have been careful to say they rated Quinn 22nd, meaning they intend to pay him like the 22nd pick. We will continue to monitor this story.

Jul. 25, 3:10 PM ET

way to win over your team and fans their brady...

yeah...I don't see primadona there. That is just more of what we were already talking about: posturing by his agent.

and while I think the claim that he should get paid more than the 22nd spot dictates is laughable....it's all the doing of an agent who promised a client something in order to sign him, and is now trying to make good on those promises.