PDA

View Full Version : Who Is The Number One Fantasy Pick...?

SABA-TOOTH
08-07-2003, 03:41 AM
RICKY " THE DREADED ONE" WILLIAMS

We are all pretty much fin fans but in a winner take all

fantasy league who do you take first?

SoCalRaider
08-07-2003, 04:21 AM
Depends on the league's scoring system... In my league RB's have scored higher than QB's... So the #1 guy on my board has to be a RB... Right now there are too many variables and unanswered questions like will Orlando Pace suit up in 2003, how healthy is Priest Holmes, and will the Broncos have any players left standing to field a team in September.

Not surprisingly the #1 guy on my board at this premature time didn't even make your poll... further validation of why I would trade out of the top spot in order to better position myself later in the draft...

Barbarian
08-07-2003, 06:11 AM
Not a bad strategy SoCal, in one of my leagues last year the guy with the top pick traded down and then used the extra poicks to trade up and ended up with Both Priest Holmes and Ricky Williams (His next pick was late in the 4th round, but with those 2... well, y'all can guess the story)

Clumpy
08-07-2003, 06:42 AM
I have the second pick in the draft of the league my friend and I run, I will not take RW........no way I could root for him weekly :lol:

But #1, I agrre with SoCal, many variables but my #1, taking away injury as a variable for now, is Priest Holmes. In our league, Michael Vick will probably be #2, then RW, Tomlinson, etc but most PS games haven't been played, so I'll make up my list the night before my draft :lol:

Boone
08-07-2003, 07:05 AM
Check my signature...

Clumpy
08-07-2003, 07:06 AM
You're taking a CB? :roflmao:

Al13
08-07-2003, 07:22 AM
@ SoCalRaider

can u tell me who is ur #1 RB at the moment who didn´t made that list ?

i think that could be faulk, james or portis right ?

TypicalBill
08-07-2003, 08:43 AM
the no.1 is between LT and RW ... you cant go wrong with either one.

t2thejz
08-07-2003, 09:49 AM
Vick should be on that list, but mine is ricky.

SoCalRaider
08-08-2003, 03:06 AM
Original take by Barbarian
Not a bad strategy SoCal, in one of my leagues last year the guy with the top pick traded down and then used the extra poicks to trade up and ended up with Both Priest Holmes and Ricky Williams (His next pick was late in the 4th round, but with those 2... well, y'all can guess the story)

That's exactly what I had in mind... :D... Very possible this year considering how many big scoring RB's are coming off injuries and flying under the radar

Original take by Al13

@ SoCalRaider

can u tell me who is ur #1 RB at the moment who didn´t made that list ?

i think that could be faulk, james or portis right ?

Assuming Orlando Pace plays, my top pick will still be Marshall Faulk... Faulk, Holmes, and Garner are fantasy gems considering RB's in a spread offense spend so much time playing WR... Only problem is Raiders are loaded in the backfield and Garner doesn't get as many touches, especially in goal - line situations...

For what its worth here is my tentative top 5:

1) Faulk only if Pace comes back
2) Holmes assuming he is 100%
3) Portis
4) R.Williams / LT (tie)

Bobby Humphrey
08-08-2003, 06:01 AM
in past years faulk was the number 1. but this year i don't think there is a number one. there are about 6 or 7 guys that u can't go wrong with. some examples, faulk, williams, lt, mcnabb, holmes, etc.

Kamikaze
08-08-2003, 01:47 PM
How are the Colts offensive line doing this season? Given the Edge is fully recovered from his ACL injury, I think he can produce first round numbers, but probably won't be taken till the second round. I know because that's where I got him, along with Charlie Garner in the third. Don't overlook either.

By the way, I was 10th (last) pick, and I still got McNabb. Something tells me I'm in a stooooooopid league. :)

MarinoFan4Life
08-08-2003, 05:44 PM
hate to say it man... but there aren't many QB's worht a first round pick this year... not even the great Mike Vick. RB's RB's RB's... much more important than QB...

Just my opinion

SoCalRaider
08-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Unless there is a QB that is good for 40 TDs (which I don't believe there is), I try to go after the QBs that can run... McNabb and Vick are the top of the class in my opinion... Assuming no great RB's were left at 10, I think McNabb is a solid pick at 10...

Kamikaze
08-09-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
hate to say it man... but there aren't many QB's worht a first round pick this year... not even the great Mike Vick. RB's RB's RB's... much more important than QB...

Just my opinion

Problem is, everyone in my league took that opinion. By the time I finally got to pick, the top seven backs were off the board. Since I had the last pick, and the draft would immediately snake back to me, I figured going for McNabb and then drafting Edge immediately afterwards would be the best choice. I still was able to come away with Charlie Garner, Kevin Barlow, and T. J. Duckett. McNabb would have been the most valuable player in all of fantasy football last season (especially if your league awards 6 points for a passing TD) save for Priest Holmes if he didn't get injured. Hell, Brett Favre fell all the way to the 7th round so I snatched him up too. I've no problems with my RB or QB depth, but I don't think I'll have such a lucky draft next time around.

RBs are indeed an important position, but when you see a stud like McNabb sitting around after 10 picks are gone, you HAVE to take him. McNabb is more valuable than all the other players that were taken after him, and even more valuable than some of those taken before. If I get stuck with 10th picks in any of my other drafts, and McNabb is waiting for me when it's my turn, I'm taking him. Picks 1-5 though, I'll be taking a top tier RB every time.

SuperMarksBros.
08-19-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
You're taking a CB? :roflmao:

actually, i think he's taking a tight end ;)