PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band Price Released!

Agent51
07-24-2007, 11:30 PM
According to multiple places, like Xbox 360's IGN site, Gamestop.com, and Amazon.com, the price will be $200. This is actually about what I expected, even a little less, so it's no shock to me. Many people are going to start the "it's way too much for a videogame" thing, but considering the fact that Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 was $90 for just a game and one guitar, this is about right, if not a deal, as you get a Guitar, Drums, Microphone, plus the game. Seperately these retail for $60 (the game disc), $80 (the guitar and drum controllers) and $30 (the mic), so the package is quite the bargain.

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is if the package comes with two guitars or one? My guess would be just one, since that would be $50 less than buying everything seperate, whereas 2 guitars would be $130, and that seems outrageous that a company would offer something at THAT much of a discount.

Also, for the people who still think it's overpriced, you can still enjoy the game if you own Guitar Hero 2 for the 360, since the guitars are compatible so you don't need to buy that (even though the Rock Band guitar's look MUCH cooler and have WAY better features), and the 360's headset can be used as the mic, so you don't need that, so you can get Rock Band for as low as $60.

I cannot wait for this game. I will be buying the bundle, as I want the complete experience, :lol:

muscle979
07-25-2007, 10:26 AM
According to multiple places, like Xbox 360's IGN site, Gamestop.com, and Amazon.com, the price will be $200. This is actually about what I expected, even a little less, so it's no shock to me. Many people are going to start the "it's way too much for a videogame" thing, but considering the fact that Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 was $90 for just a game and one guitar, this is about right, if not a deal, as you get a Guitar, Drums, Microphone, plus the game. Seperately these retail for $60 (the game disc), $80 (the guitar and drum controllers) and $30 (the mic), so the package is quite the bargain.

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is if the package comes with two guitars or one? My guess would be just one, since that would be $50 less than buying everything seperate, whereas 2 guitars would be $130, and that seems outrageous that a company would offer something at THAT much of a discount.

Also, for the people who still think it's overpriced, you can still enjoy the game if you own Guitar Hero 2 for the 360, since the guitars are compatible so you don't need to buy that (even though the Rock Band guitar's look MUCH cooler and have WAY better features), and the 360's headset can be used as the mic, so you don't need that, so you can get Rock Band for as low as $60.

I cannot wait for this game. I will be buying the bundle, as I want the complete experience, :lol:

If I get it at all I'll go cheap and just use my PS2 guitar controller. I can't justify dropping money like that on one game. I'm saving for Guitar Hero 3 anyway.

Phin-o-rama
07-25-2007, 10:49 AM
ill rent it and play wif my 360 gh guitar!!

Miami 13
07-25-2007, 11:26 AM
$200 is a steal for this game, Rock Band >>>>>>>>>> GH III, although I will be getting both.

Motion
07-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Wish they would have different packages. Like Game/Drums, Game/Guitar, Game/Mic, etc....

GridIronKing34
07-25-2007, 05:50 PM
It sounds like a fair price IMO.

Agent51
07-25-2007, 06:23 PM
$200 is a steal for this game, Rock Band >>>>>>>>>> GH III, although I will be getting both.

EXACTLY dude. I am looking forward to both, but Rock Band is everything I've wanted from this type of game since the first GH, with everything from all 4 parts of the band to character/band/logo customization to the 5 additional "soloing" frets on the guitars. Not to mention, GH3 is being made by a different company, so who knows if it will be as good as the past 2. There are already reports of it having a different feel and the timing being different. I will be getting both, but Rock Band has MUCH mo0re of my attention than GH3 does. Best part of GH3 is the Les Paul wireless controllers though, that is gonna be sick.

Uncle Rico II
07-25-2007, 06:53 PM
I just looked this up on wiki and the instruments do look cool and I like the song list so far. I like that you could purchase individual pieces so if you don't have $200 bones you can get it as you go. Thanks for the info!

Agent51
07-25-2007, 08:09 PM
I just looked this up on wiki and the instruments do look cool and I like the song list so far. I like that you could purchase individual pieces so if you don't have $200 bones you can get it as you go. Thanks for the info!

Speaking of liking the song list, they have said they will be offering full albums as DL content. They haven't said from which artists yet, but can you imagine playing the entire "Appetite for Destruction" album etc etc? So many albums are packed with excellent songs, this is going to be huge. They have also confrimed that they plan on releasing 100 DLC songs by the end of the year. Now if it doesn't come out until November, that's 100 songs in a month. That is INSANE. Obviously people aren't going to buy all 100, because it's highly doubtful a person would like all 100 enough to want to pay that kind of money for them, but still, that selection alone is more than both previous GH games combined, nevermind the X amount of songs on the actual disc too! I cannot wait for this game :drool:

footballer
07-25-2007, 08:54 PM
if your into it, then why not? i myself will be too wrapped up in madden and gta4, but all yall rockers, go for it!

Medieval954
07-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Pricey, but expected. But at least the option is there to buy the attachments separately as you go. Even though I'll pass on the game, I am curious to see exactly how many people buy the $200 bundle.

TheMageGandalf
07-27-2007, 11:36 PM
The LIVE mic can be used? HAH! Cool that saved me money.

I may get the guitar/drums since I'd like the drums and I'd like to get a second guitar anyway for the wife.

muscle979
07-28-2007, 09:49 AM
This is too complex for me, I find myself thinking why not just find a real band to join or something? I don't know, if it was a bit cheaper though I still might try it.

Scatman
07-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Wish they would have different packages. Like Game/Drums, Game/Guitar, Game/Mic, etc....

i was thinking same thing

mastaa shogun